W Series – which drivers could be in?
There are 28 drivers shortlisted for 18 places. In the words of the thread title – which drivers could be in? There are many I know little about, but no doubt others can enlighten us. These four, I think, are highly likely to make the cut:
1. Alice Powell, who won a club Formula Renault championship and finshed second in a club F3 championship, both in the UK. Might be rusty, but she would be my favourite overall.
2. Jamie Chadwick, UK British GT4 champion when 17, won a (reversed grid) British F3 race last year, and will be familiar with the car. Like Powell, she is a fighter.
3. Sarah Moore was UK Ginetta Junior champion, but funds ran out and her single seater efforts were fragmented. I’m sure she has high potential.
4. Beitske Visser, claimed race wins in ADAC Formel Masters and wins in GT4 racing. Have never seen her, but would expect her to adapt given her experience.
As a wild card to join the above: Sabre Cook from the USA is young and inexperienced, but charged through a CoTA F4 race gaining more places than anyone.
Here are three I’ve seen racing who might struggle to make it:
1. Esmee Hawkey. I'm tempted to cheer for her as she’s local to me, but her low positions in Ginetta Juniors and British Porsches suggest she might be in the bottom half..
2. Jessica Hawkins – has won in Minis, but was disappointing in UK single seaters
3. Gosia Rdest – er, no. She raced in F4 in the UK, apparently, though I didn’t notice, and has no decent results elsewhere.
Edited by Sterzo, 07 February 2019 - 17:50.