British GP 2019?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Darrenj

Darrenj

• 1,663 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:35

Hello
The family and I are planning train hopping through the UK next summer and stopping of at Silverstone. Anyone whose been there can give me and idea of prices and facilities? We were at Paul Ricard this summer, never again, we’ve been to Hockenheim and Belgium.
Ticket prices for the British GP has not been announced yet. And there is always that looming Brexit variable to consider.

Advertisement

#2 TennisUK

TennisUK

• 21,285 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 20:10

Silverstone tickets are most certainly available now:

http://www.silversto...ish-grand-prix/

The level of organisation at Silverstone is a whole different world to Ricard (I went to both last year). I'll be at Silverstone again next year commuting from London. I'd recommend going by train to Milton Keynes and getting one of the busses they put on.

#3 MargaretM37

MargaretM37

• 86 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:21

I went last year (my first and only GP) and was amazed by the quality of the organisation. We used the park and ride from an airfield (Hinton?) and hardly faced any delays at all. I'm not sure about  bus schemes for those without cars, but I'm sure that they will be equally efficient, as the whole operation was very slick.

The longest queues that I faced all day were for the toilets and for food - and each of those queues was only 10-15 minutes. 

Can't help on prices as my trip was a gift for a special birthday. 

Go - you won't regret it !  :)  :D

Edited by MargaretM37, 21 October 2018 - 11:23.

#4 Darrenj

Darrenj

• 1,663 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 17:58

550 pounds for 4 general admission weekend tickets

But it has to be sent by post to my Swedish Address. NOT EMAIL!!!!  

The website does not understand non-english characters  ):  :|  ):

#5 Rydo

Rydo

• 42 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 22:31

Did you get it sorted for yourself?
General admission isn't great at Silverstone. Only allows a roving seat on a Friday and the rest of the time it's usually low banked areas. You can probably upgrade on the day to a seat.
Silverstone is well served by busses. Stagecoach have a shuttle service from Milton Keynes station and Northampton station. Megabus.com also do various UK services for the race weekend. Just be careful if you plan to get to MK or Northampton on a Sunday by train- the services start later in the day. Meaning you can't usually get to the track until around 11am therefore missing the morning races from the support grids. I've been a few years and travel from Scotland down to Northampton so if you need any advice just give me a shout.

#6 Darrenj

Darrenj

• 1,663 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 17:55

hello Rydo

We've done the French GP general admission. CANNOT be worse than that. Last years French GP was an organisational clustef_ck

Besides, I'll have to upgrade for 4 persons.

We make it a train trip through Europe, with a GP as one stop, then Harry Potter, family visits, camping, Holland.  then back to Stockholm. Silverstone is a major event but my kids will only bear with what their dad wants for the Hoppy Potter tradeoff, etc.   

#7 Darrenj

Darrenj

• 1,663 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 20:50

Did you get it sorted for yourself?
General admission isn't great at Silverstone. Only allows a roving seat on a Friday and the rest of the time it's usually low banked areas. You can probably upgrade on the day to a seat.
Silverstone is well served by busses. Stagecoach have a shuttle service from Milton Keynes station and Northampton station. Megabus.com also do various UK services for the race weekend. Just be careful if you plan to get to MK or Northampton on a Sunday by train- the services start later in the day. Meaning you can't usually get to the track until around 11am therefore missing the morning races from the support grids. I've been a few years and travel from Scotland down to Northampton so if you need any advice just give me a shout.

Thanks

What are the price for coaches from Milton Keys or Northhampton during the race weekend? We are staying in Milton Keys....

hanks

What are the price for coaches from Milton Keys or Northhampton during the race weekend? We are staying in Milton Keys....

Edited by Darrenj, 27 January 2019 - 20:51.

#8 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 4,030 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 22:28

38 pounds for 3 days from MK.