* * * * - 15 votes

Lewis Hamilton MBE is a 5 times Formula One World Champion

• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

#451 OO7

OO7

• 18,185 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 20:23

Bittersweet, really. The car should've been at least 20 sec behind RBR.

On pure pace it should've been a 4th max.

Merc really need to sort out their car for next year.

They really do need to make a step in race pace for 2019.  The Red Bull chassis is in another league right now.

Advertisement

#452 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 14,115 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 20:28

I don’t want to jinx it, but a second at Abu Dhabi would allow him to break the 400 points mark.

#453 monolulu

monolulu

• 734 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 17:20

Lewis can really celebrate his 5th WDC now. Helping Merc get the WCC almost seem more important to him. Guess it was unfinished business & he needed to stay focused.

#454 monolulu

monolulu

• 734 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 17:22

https://twitter.com/...906448177754114

#455 OO7

OO7

• 18,185 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 18:09

Dude with the cigar was already in "I'm a legend" mode.

#456 BUFFY

BUFFY

• 74 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 22:47

And whilst we are here celebrating this legend.

Will you ever such dastardly tactics from Hamilton? Sure he talks crazy sometimes, but he may just be one of the cleanest champions the sport has seen in the last 20-30 years. On and off track, he keeps his head down and gets the job done.

Piquet, Senna, Schumacher, Vettel, Rosberg, Alonso......... I could go on.

And It's starting to get recognised too. Since he won his 5th title, i've read quite a few articles praising Hamilton for winning his titles in a relatively clean manner (in contrast to  Schumacher, Senna etc). When assessing Hamilton's overall legacy, it's increasingly becoming part of the conversation.

Edited by BUFFY, 12 November 2018 - 22:48.

#457 beachdrifter

beachdrifter

• 2,589 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 22:55

Lewis can really celebrate his 5th WDC now. Helping Merc get the WCC almost seem more important to him. Guess it was unfinished business & he needed to stay focused.

Mexico was simply a terrible race for the team. Hard to be in a celebratory mood when you almost got lapped (and your teammate actually was).

#458 Paco

Paco

• 2,109 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:27

I think this weekend was more about damaged limitation approach from the get go, theyve been super conservative locking in the championships.  Add in the Pirelli pressure increase .. bang.  Lewis only looked super vulnerable at the end simply because the PU was gonna blow.. so yeah...

I think they'll shorten the wheelbase a bit more inline with Ferrari and increase the rake a bit, but not dramatically.  Its really going to depend on what Pirelli decide how to handle compound construction for next season.

I doubt RB will be as close as this year.. HP isnt everything.. driveablity of the Honda seems superrough.  So gonna be a 2 car pony race next year.  Will really depend on how does better to claw back the downforce.  Since Ferrari seem more efficient, could be another close year of Lewis having to pull off some crazy laps to outdual a better car.