If McLaren decide to run it back and make a more serious effort to race the Indy 500 in 2020;
- should they field two cars instead of one? Yes
- would Button would be a good choice for one of their cars? No, he has no interest in Indy and is focused on his own racing team
- would it make sense to have either Sainz or Norris in the other car? No, they need to focus on F1
- do we assume Alonso will have another go? Yes, probably the sole reason they are doing it again
- could they also try to race the Indy GP? I'd like to see it because it s Indy, it's McLaren, it's publicity in the US and a "soft opening" for the real thing in terms of getting the team to work as a more well oiled machine. Probably a good idea to dial operations etc
Edit - Maybe not for Alonso... https://www.gpfans.c...aren-part-ways/
Edited by SparkPlug86, 05 July 2019 - 14:46.