* * * * - 16 votes

What is 'Rich Energy'?

• Please log in to reply
7740 replies to this topic

#1401 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 15,144 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:51

Interesting development down under ........

https://www.speedcaf...ralian-gt-audi/

The old logo...

Professional as Trotters Independent Trading this lot.

Advertisement

#1402 RA2

RA2

• 3,019 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:55

#1403 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,434 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:03

It's really hard to see the logo on the engine cover when the car is on track and due to the crease in the bodywork it looks more like it says "Bushy" as the car comes past which is fairly amusing to me!

A subliminal promotion for this years TT which Rich Energy purport to be sponsoring. I knew Martin Brunnschwieler was well off, maybe he's one of the billionaires.  ;)

Edited by milestone 11, 12 March 2019 - 11:15.

#1404 RSRally

RSRally

• 2,027 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 14:37

Some sources say the cars go directly to Dallara and the engines to Ferrari between the gp so the car is assembled in italy. Matthew Carter who visited Banbury even said it was pretty much empty.
Edit: didnt see Loki's meddage : P

This makes sense to be honest. Closer to Ferrari where the mechanicals come from and easier to get to the European GPs from there too.

#1405 sadler21

sadler21

• 21 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 16:28

Looks like Rich Energy is in Indy Lights now too with Toby Sowery:

zachary-claman-toby-sowery-1.jpg

#1406 BRG

BRG

• 25,949 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 17:04

Banbury makes sense; somewhere Storrey and his mate Rick Wakeman can't cause any trouble, whilst the real work of Haas goes on in NC, Italy and Oz.

As for the proliferation of Rich Energy support in other series, this all sounds more and more like the infamous National Organs/Southern Organs scam of yore.

#1407 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 36,439 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 17:12

Banbury makes sense; somewhere Storrey and his mate Rick Wakeman can't cause any trouble, whilst the real work of Haas goes on in NC, Italy and Oz.

As for the proliferation of Rich Energy support in other series, this all sounds more and more like the infamous National Organs/Southern Organs scam of yore.

To me seems more and more that they are legit.

:cool:

#1408 taran

taran

• 4,465 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 17:23

To me seems more and more that they are legit.

:cool:

I have to say I agree. I can see beardy man scamming one team but so many? Without any money changing hands? Unlikely.

#1409 danmills

danmills

• 3,173 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 17:28

Guys, thats not Rick Wakeman (I thought you were joking at first, but think some people believe it is him).

I am hoping to type some more up tonight. I've moved the hunt for information to... South Africa in the current research. I was hoping to stumble on tobacco farms but think that was a ruse for another trade commodity that cropped up.

There is a hell of a web of things tied to this company, I probably haven't explained that link yet. But I went down the path of Storey's uni chums.

Edited by danmills, 12 March 2019 - 17:31.

#1410 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,434 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 17:48

You're as close to that being Rick Wakeman as you are to the other fella being Storrey.  ;)

#1411 pdac

pdac

• 17,269 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 19:00

You're as close to that being Rick Wakeman as you are to the other fella being Storrey.  ;)

I saw Wakeman a few months back doing a one-man show in Harlow. Even as ravaged as he is after a rock 'n' roll lifestyle, Wakeman is still not as bad as that.

#1412 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 4,062 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 19:02

Nobody anything about the case today? I can't find anything.

#1413 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 10,082 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:00

You have to wonder why this team needs two bases when they don’t even build all of their car themselves.

Its effectively three when you consider most of the car is actually built at Dallara...

I guess the US facility is just a section of Haas' NASCAR one, so probably HQ in that sense. Banbury is so they can operate like the other teams for testing, European races, flying the cars around the world on FOM flights etc, and then the cars themselves are built in Italy and sent to the UK for final assembly etc...

#1414 BalanceUT

BalanceUT

• 2,318 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:41

Some sources say the cars go directly to Dallara and the engines to Ferrari between the gp so the car is assembled in italy. Matthew Carter who visited Banbury even said it was pretty much empty.

Edit: didnt see Loki's message : P

Any links to these 'sources'? 

#1415 Silberpfeil

Silberpfeil

• 1,553 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:54

Make of that what you will, but Haas have opted for a new design on the shark fin that doesn‘t use the full Rich Energy logo. Don‘t think it‘s related to the lawsuit, but interesting nonetheless. It‘s also hideous, though it certainly makes the car stand out more.

https://twitter.com/...0943884288?s=21

#1416 Stephane

Stephane

• 4,492 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:58

Well, it's half the logo, basically

#1417 Peat

Peat

• 8,862 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:59

Of course they moved it, the text was illegible because it was designed by a 3yr old. 

Shonky is as shonky does.

#1418 NoForumForOldPole

NoForumForOldPole

• 1,232 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:01

Previous design on engine cover was drawn on piece of paper using crayons by bearded man himself hence it looked really crap from certain angles. I am not surprised it was changed for Australia for something more "professional" (made by bearded man's niece who happens to study art at university of Kent lol).

Edited by NoForumForOldPole, 13 March 2019 - 08:03.

#1419 RA2

RA2

• 3,019 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:29

I've moved the hunt for information to... South Africa in the current research.

I thought he said his tobacco business was based in Zimbabwe 

Advertisement

#1420 danmills

danmills

• 3,173 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:30

He says a lot of things. Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

I want to wrap up the current set of leads because its starting to get confusing. I've found more shareholders registered outside the UK.

Here's a fun nugget for the day, having read through old notes, someone a while back made reference to a concept livery made before the Haas deal. Now if you zoom in on the nose cone of this image...

Rich-Energy-F1-Racing.jpg

Does that not say 'Brabham Racing' to you?

And does that not go in-line with this article:

https://www.motorspo...e-name/4332980/

I wonder if Rich were planning in going all in with the Brabham name when they had the Force India deal in mind. Check the number. 66. First title year for Brabham.

Edited by danmills, 13 March 2019 - 11:58.

#1421 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,434 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:45

He says a lot of things. Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

I want to wrap up the current set of leads because its starting to get confusing. I've found more shareholders registered outside the UK.

Here's a fun nugget for the day, having read through old notes, someone a while back made reference to a concept livery made before the Haas deal. Now if you zoom in on the nose cone of this image...

And does that not go in-line with this article:

https://www.motorspo...-revive-name/43

I wonder if Rich were planning in going all in with the Brabham name when they had the Force India deal in mind. Check the number. 66. First title year for Brabham.

Link takes you to a 2001 Indycar race.

Edited by milestone 11, 13 March 2019 - 14:30.

#1422 danmills

danmills

• 3,173 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:59

Weird, me too. Try now?

#1423 StanBarrett2

StanBarrett2

• 1,021 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:01

Now if you zoom in on the nose cone of this image...

:up:

#1424 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,434 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 13:04

Weird, me too. Try now?

This one works, thanks dan. I had read that article before and thought that it was likely RE that was being referred to. Clearly, William Storey was being more than a little presumptuous when he arranged that render.

#1425 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,973 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 13:18

Make of that what you will, but Haas have opted for a new design on the shark fin that doesn‘t use the full Rich Energy logo. Don‘t think it‘s related to the lawsuit, but interesting nonetheless. It‘s also hideous, though it certainly makes the car stand out more.

https://twitter.com/...0943884288?s=21

Maybe not. This should be from Barcelona test:
Kevin-Magnussen-2.jpg

It's still different from the one in the tweet, but gold and without the logo on the shark fin.

#1426 danmills

danmills

• 3,173 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 13:26

BUSHY  :rotfl:

#1427 RA2

RA2

• 3,019 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 16:03

Maybe not. This should be from Barcelona test:
Kevin-Magnussen-2.jpg

It's still different from the one in the tweet, but gold and without the logo on the shark fin.

Looks like William Storey got his placement really wrong on the car

#1428 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 4,062 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 16:27

Looks like William Storey got his placement really wrong on the car

Indeed, reads like RICHY

#1429 loki

loki

• 12,293 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 16:27

Any links to these 'sources'? 

Carter is the former CEO of Lotus F1 and a co-producer and frequent guest on Missed Apex.  According to Haas the pre season assembly of the completed cars is done at Dallara.  Logistically it makes more sense to prep the cars in Italy rather than Banbury.  You send one truck with the cars back to Dallara and the other support trucks, tech center and motorhome back to Banbury between the Euro races.  Add the fact that Haas advertises for technical personnel for Haas Italia at both Ferrari and Dallara and it's easy to see a direct connection.

#1430 danmills

danmills

• 3,173 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 17:49

Grab a cup of tea, this is a big wiki-L style dump post - though all are alleged items, taken with a pinch of salt and put together in one place with what is out there for all to find -  I apologise for the formatting, it was done in Word and its a ball ache to edit on here.

(PLEASE NOTE: Could users try not to quote this post or other lengthy posts of info as I intend to edit some of the missing links and actual image snapshots which won’t be carried over in your quotes. It also makes the thread page never ending. Thank you in advance! Oh, and all the journos that whinge about nicking exclusive sources, well I know some of you are using this very post as free information to fuel your own careers, blogs and youtube accounts. We will know who you are because this is the first place most of the info has been collaborated extensively. Please don't try to criticise, writing is most definitely not my profession).

William John Storey. The bearded one. What does the web of information tell us about this mysterious man? On the surface, a few slithers. I am surprised so little was looked into on various forums. But if you scratch and stitch together all the loose ends, there is a lot more and you end up with quite a fascinating tale.

DOB 13/09/1978. That means he’s your average 40 year old bloke.

He was at one point an amateur boxer. 16 fights / 4 losses (lost my google source, will edit when found)

Stepped away from the ring. Assume he was just not very good. Went into IT / Tech (you already know the documented companies, but I believe there is another company that he doesn’t wish to make known his association – later described).

He appears to have still dabbled with boxing, frequenting gyms and various places in London. He kept those ties, training with up and coming stars and eventually got involved in Management / Promotion and as an Agent. This is where we see signs of ‘William Storey Management’ and ‘Wise Guy Boxing’.

Enjoy some vintage Storey here: https://www.gettyima...otage/649396884

‘Wise Guy’ is the nickname of Frank ‘Wise Guy’ Buglioni. Easy.

Buglioni turned pro in Nov 2011. 27 pro fights / 22 wins / 4 losses / 1 draw

In June 2012 Buglioni notes his agency as ‘William Storey Management’ and makes highlight of his work. Wise Guy Boxing wasn’t formed until 19 October 2012.

http://frank-buglion...the-new-site-2/

He also sends a shout out to ‘Staxoweb’ (see later notes).

Storey is still referred to as his ‘Manager’ at least up until the first 7 fights around Feb 2013 when Buglioni was getting a name.

https://www.mrporter...al_issue100/4#1

Buglioni trained at TRAD TKO Boxing Gym where it seems Storey also kept in shape himself time to time.

https://www.hitc.com...tardom-on-satu/

‘’ I’m a little early. But I’m not made to wait. Another man walks over whose face is 40% head-hair, 40% beard <--  :lol: . He’s Frank’s manager, William Storey. His main task ­ in his own words is to make his client more money outside the ring than inside it. Buglioni already has more sponsors than I can count, so Will is already on his way. He’s got clients ranging from FTSE 100 companies to footballers but knows his boxing. Buglioni’s in good hands. Whether it’s Will, Mark, his promoter Frank Warren or his Sky Sports appearances, Buglioni can only move one way – forward.’’

February 2014 - Additionally he is managed by William Storey, a man who has taken care of the business & contractual needs of “world leading footballers, bands, boxers, tennis players, artists , F1 drivers and international events” – based in Monaco – this is a kid with a 5 star support network. Interestingly Storey attended the University of St. Andrews & was said to be on friendly terms with the future Duchess of Cambridge, then Kate Middleton as well as Prince William.

https://www.challeng...frank-buglioni/

There is another place Storey frequented, Miguels Gym. There are a few quotes about him on the web which I have lost (will edit and add later).

Namely he is referred to as ‘John Storey’ and this was where it noted his amateur boxing days. Not much more.

There are very few photos of Storey on the web from the William Storey Management era. For a guy that looks the way he does, this surprises me as it would make the easiest game of ‘Where’s Wally’. It’s almost as if he is intentionally elusive or actively removes any photos from social media when he crops up. Nobody can accidentally be that invisible. Unless of course he lived outside the UK for a period (this MIGHT tie up with the alleged tobacco farming / Zimbabwe comments but very little out there I am sure this is a load of fake news).

There are a lot of overspills in events and things to do with boxing generally. I can’t quite work out how he juggled the IT and the other companies with the boxing events, and I did wonder if the fight money involved was questionable and the other operations were made to move this around under radar. Again, only theory, I know nothing, but it seems odd that he was involved in some big names and sponsorship events under his name but there is no trace of money anywhere.

It seems Storey is just generally good at being with the right people at the right time, or is a class blagger. He was specifically noted in bringing a major deal to some big fights to UK TV.

https://www.ringnews...william-storey/

Linking him to a certain Mick Hennsey is quite a blag! My guess is when Storey assisted or wedged himself in part of the Channel 5 deals showing boxing on TV, that is where the big money, names and opportunities started to grow.

http://thesportseagl...l-broadcast-uk/

At some point, he MIGHT have fallen foul of Hennsey as there is twitter beef, or at least other people in boxing aren’t impressed with Storey around this time. (See later notes on Scott Piecha, who I think may read these boards). Please do enlighten us with your knowledge! I mean this is sharp…

https://twitter.com/...4384?lang=en-gb

He is noted on many occasions in these articles to be ‘entrepreneur William Storey’ as well has a boxing agent. This is where his side ventures into the menswear also show up (see ‘danielistyle’).

http://www.cityam.co...rned-down-fight

Oddly, the name ‘William Storey Management’ doesn’t seem to be a registered company, just a name thrown about the place. Odd. Unless someone knows something I don’t?

He seems to be collecting up and coming talent and showering them with the Rich Energy brand by way of exclusive endorsements and making them ‘ambassadors’. The brand wasn’t really on the shelf still, just a name and the odd items at specific events. Very exclusive.

https://www.belfastt...r-34403127.html

Feb 2015 he was also dabbling with West Ham alongside boxing, which is a whole new chapter to look into, but not as Rich Energy (which he formed later that year – years before any deals were made).

https://www.youtube....h?v=j8Lpd9GOTds

Now, looking into his own management company, the William Storey Management website shows a photo of the JPS Lotus. Totally unrelated. There is no change in the archives, it’s all the same, for YEARS.

http://williamstorey.com/

This is the intro:

‘’At William Storey management we strive to offer our clients an unrivalled service geared towards maximising their success and commercial income. We go the extra mile for all of our clients offering a bespoke solution to enhance their career, earnings, media profile and longevity. Our expertise in PR, investment management, law and commercial endorsements makes us the number one choice for leading sportsmen, musicians, actors and artists internationally. We think outside of the box to offer all of our clients a blue chip service with absolute transparency.

The secret of our success is taking the time to truly understand our clients and their requirements before executing a constantly evolving individual strategy to maximise their success.‘’

The next lead clue is in the bottom corners. ‘Copyright William Storey 2012’ and ‘Powered by Staxoweb’. A name we have already talked about before.

The link takes us to the modern looking site of Staxoweb -who are ‘Web Solution Specialists & Web Development’. This was setup by Sean Kelly and Peter Andrew Goring on 11 January 2013.

Pretty generic techy layout. A familiar style wordy tagline reads ‘A Digital Agency that seamlessly integrates Creativity with Technology by being UX and Web Solution Specialists. Based in Richmond, London UK.’. Same of crock of horse tripe you see going around.

But who are they? Look here: https://staxoweb.com/rich-energy/

They have case studies, and look who we have, Rich energy. What did they do for RE? ‘Strategy, Brand, UX Design, Development, Hosting and Support. Staxoweb worked closely with Rich Energy to understand the brand values and develop the online message. The creative team ensured the message, strategy and interface/experience was on point and the brand could be successfully communicated to a mass online audience. Through collaboration a robust bespoke online experience was created that showcases the success to date and allows the online presence to scale as Rich Energy continue to grow.’

Okay then.

A quick look on the wayback machine shows some very cool (at the time lol) pages for ‘Staxoweb’ and the ‘Staxotrax Network’. The network claims to comprise Sx Sound and Light, Web Design and Development and Hosting. I do wonder if someone from this lot eventually went on to do the ‘Rich Entertainment’ shindig down in Windsor which is all over with RE Logos and themes. Surely this has to be a mate of theirs too.

Staxoweb was founded by Peter Goring in 2008. It then acquired ‘Skellynet’ (Sean Kelly). This is how they joined up. Storey is somehow involved either as a professional mate or he’s on the books with them. Remember, Storey at this time was titling himself as an ‘IT Consultant’.

Enjoy these timewarp pages:

http://web.archive.o...//staxoweb.com/

http://web.archive.o.../staxotrax.net/

and then, in May 2016 the site seems to have gone through a design facelift.

http://web.archive.o...//staxoweb.com/

RICH01.jpg

A highly amusing tagline saying ‘Don't take our word for it...’ and look who appears under the quotes…

1)      “We are now where we needed to be on Google, and business is booming!” - Ralph Buglioni, Managing Director, Herts Heritage Building and Roofing Ltd.

2)      “Our emails, our phones and IT support are now where they should be” - William Storey, CEO, Tryfan Technologies Ltd.

3)      “Staxoweb response times mean I can now have time to focus on my business" - Terry Fletcher, Managing Director, Pride Scaffolding Ltd.

Buglioni is Franks dad.

Fletcher is the son of Richard, the guy noted on the Rich Energy director list.

And Storey, well, is Storey.

So three referrals, and all three are connected to Storey. Coincidence?

Then the boxing images pop up on the site behind all the writing. Nail in the coffin for me.

Given Williams Storey Management was up and running in 2012 and powered by Staxoweb, I’d guess Storey’s ties to Staxoweb might go a little further back, maybe even when they started out. They are a generation younger than Storey, so not uni mates, but that IT connection is significant.

So those links to the names in Storey’s pool of people alone make Staxoweb a little strange and something to consider a deeper look at.

Then look at his jacket here, complete with STAXO sponsor.

racefansdotnet-20181022-120514-9.jpg

Why would a company that 'did his website' sponsor him on a jacket he wears 24/7? A site that looks like it was designed by a 10 year old, not a premium looking outfit. Their logo on a jacket next to some fancy watch makers and whatnot. It's weird.

That asks way more questions than it answers. Storey is somehow very much tied to Staxo, he has to be.

Storey could well be a key (silent) man behind Staxo. Someone that loves looking at finances ought to dig down the Staxo path to uncover anything unusual there. The whole Staxo umbrella would be good.

Going back to an earlier point, it appears when Storey made the transition into promo / management of events and sports sponsorship, he at one point must have crossed paths with someone at ‘Speed Sponsorship’.

I believe this is a link between Boxing and Rich Energy branching to other sports. F1 was a platform up, a foot in the door and the people he was mixing with and getting a name for in the promo world outside boxing. It was about this time that Storey was doing all those VIP Lounge things with boats in Monaco, sponsoring bigger events and looking to expand to bikes and cars. Not long after, he is seen in the F1 paddock and the Force India talks begin.

Speed Sponsorship and Marketing Ltd is directed by ‘Scott Piecha’ who obviously has either personal issue or wanted to query the whole enigma around Storey. I am curious to know what the #justaskhennessy tag is about in the previously noted twitter spat. I don’t know a thing about boxing, someone else can dig into that link, but it seems Storey pulled a fast one somewhere which I can only assume elevated his name. There were other comments about ‘taking the shirt off  his back’ which lead me to believe Storey has rathe upset people somewhere. Piecha has a string of companies in a similar platform. Storey could just be a rival that annoyed him.

Scott Piecha - CEO

SSM Worldwide Ltd April 2018 – Present 1 year

SSM Worldwide Ltd is primarily a sponsorship agency that works within sport and entertainment.
With over a decade of experience SSM Worldwide is able to assist a brand in sourcing a partnership while advising on assets to maximise any agreements.

Scott Piecha - Director

SSM Worldwide Hospitality Ltd November 2018 – Present 5 months

SSM Worldwide Hospitality has been set up to offer businesses a tailored solution to hospitality in the Formula One Paddock Club.
As an Official Distributor this will include exclusive opportunities to create bespoke events and gain behind the scenes access.

Founder

SPEED SPONSORSHIP AND MARKETING LTD June 2008 – Present 10 years 10 months

From the rights holder Formula One Management to the teams Speed Sponsorship and Marketing has navigated the complex world for Formula One for companies either looking to exploit the global popularity of the sport and or the business potential.

As experts on how to maximise a partnership through the negotiation of assets to placing a brand in the correct environment to enhance their business Speed Sponsorship and Marketing is able to source the best opportunities on the grid.

Entertainment
Speed Sponsorship and Marketing has had a long and successful relationship with AEG Worldwide which enables them assist a brand in looking at the right opportunity at the right time.

From venue naming rights, global tour sponsorship, arena projects and hospitality opportunities Speed Sponsorship and Marketing has worked on them all.

Advisory:
Business to Business

Having worked across all sectors Speed Sponsorship and Marketing has been able to understand where hidden value may be for a company and in turn been able to partner two companies for them to collaborate on existing or new projects.

Government
Leveraging relationships with governments Speed Sponsorship and Marketing has discussed everything from potential new Grand Prix races to assisting a companies entrance into a market.

Scott Piecha - Formula One correspondent and Football Editor

Trinity Mirror Group PLC August 2000 – November 2009 9 years 4 months

During a national newspaper career spanning almost 10 years close relationships were formed with some of the biggest names in sport from Bernie Ecclestone in Formula One to Ronnie O'Sullivan in snooker.

As the Formula One correspondent close ties were formed with all teams on the grid while in football working relationships were cultivated with the likes of David Beckham, Luiz Felipe Scolari and Arsene Wenger to name a few.

For those still awake, here is Scott with Bernie a few years back.

https://www.motorspo...prix-s/1579141/

Moving on again (quite a leap now), this is where it REALLY gets interesting. This is the tastiest most mouth watering section  :stoned: 

There is a ‘Rich Energy (IOM) Limited’ formed not long after the Haas deal was announced to the end of 2018. Coincidence? Why we didn’t look to the Isle of Man sooner is beyond me. I am sure there might be more if you dig wider.

For the price of a double cheeseburger, I bought the annual returns data giving the following details of some more players in the party of ‘Rich Energy (IOM) Limited’. Drumroll please… we have:

Alistair Norman George Stennett (Managing Director - Conexus Limited). Studied at the University of St Andrews. Looks pretty certain to be an uni chum of Storey and of the same age. Jackpot.

Michael Francis Travers (Director - Conexus Limited). Again, same age. Tied to Stennet. Fantastic.

Ashley Andrew Dougal (Falcon Coffees Limited). The final man. Say what?

3 shareholders. All residents of the Isle of Man. No mention of Storey here though, just the vague link by the Uni, same company name, registrant timing, age and they all appear to be sporty types on social media. I know, pretty crude, but bear with me…

One word unites them all: Tax. Look at the company and just google the benefits of running a business from this place. There were talks about laundering and all sorts right from the beginning before any sign of substance. This sounds like they are doing exactly that, but using all the legal loopholes necessary. Professional money movers.

Let’s begin with Conexus and their website opening slogan: ‘’ Conexus Limited provides a new approach, disrupting the existing tax, advisory and consultancy model’’

http://conexus.im/

Breathe. Stop laughing. Exhale. You couldn’t make this up.

A little look to check anything they’ve done on social media and to vouch they are the same connected people…

http://isleofman.com...the-isle-of-man

Conexus Limited is a new independent Isle of Man based tax practice, providing a different approach to the existing tax, advisory, and consultancy model. Directors, Alistair Stennett and Mike Travers, bring between them over 30 years tax advisory experience in the Isle of Man and the UK.  Immediately prior to forming Conexus both Ali and Mike held senior roles at a Big 4 Accountancy Firm. 

Having identified a gap in the market, Conexus was set up to act as an independent and trusted adviser to its clients. Conexus has a diverse client base that includes Isle of Man based and international high net worth individuals, entrepreneurs, corporates, family offices and fiduciaries. By collaborating with other professionals, on the Island and internationally, Conexus can meet the global needs of its clients wherever they may be based. Having just returned from a successful Monaco Yacht Show, Managing Director, Ali notes why it is important to keep connected:

“Both our clients and the professionals we work with like the fact that we can offer them a very senior level of technical expertise combined with a truly independent service. As a Manx owned business we have a vested interest in supporting clients based in the Isle of Man or looking to do business here.”

Conexus aims to disrupt the industry on the island by offering exceptional levels of client service and technical advice utilising the latest technology. The services provided by Conexus include: tax and VAT advisory/compliance, FATCA/CRS, yachts and aircraft, real estate, relocation and training’

UK companies house doesn’t recognise Conexus (it’s another company that crops up) because they have profiles on the IOM database. It’s all there though. How do I know? For the price of another double cheeseburger, I purchased the annual returns for this as well.

Dougal is an odd one with his ‘Falcon’ coffee company. There are commodities trading branches under ‘Falcon Commodities Limited’ that appear to be dissolved in the UK. There are more names (Konrad Edward Brits) which lead to South Africa and the older ‘Falcon Speciality Green Coffee Importers’.

The Falcon company is relatively new, but this Dougal guy seems to have real money behind him. A £100m+ turnover isn’t to be sniffed at for a company aged 5 years. Whilst he might not be up there with the tax dodging wizards, he is the one with the obvious financial beans.

Are your eyebrows ready? Start raising them…

https://suite.endole...coffees-limited

And this guy, who is also part of the Conexus trio as a director, has been placed as the (smallest) shareholder for Rich Energy (IOM) Limited.

So you have to add up the coincidences and tell me if you think that this bunch of bandits are / are not part of the William Storey Rich Energy shenanigans?

We have a parent company that has no real assets or money movement in the UK (Rich Energy)

There are grey area companies associated with Rich Energy like Staxo who historically have had fingers in the pies of many associated acts of WS in the past. But again, next to no money movement.

And now we have a newly formed company in a tax haven by the same name.

Could all be a load of tush, but I would be very interested in transactions coming between these.

You might be surprised, but there is indeed a LOT more to share (just not yet). However, there are things to cross and dot before I finish that section.

Christ, this kinda escalated. Interesting though, at least I had fun  :rotfl:

If anyone has access to a full endole account and wants to fill those blanks, please do!

It's been emotional. Until the next post  :clap:

Edited by danmills, 14 March 2019 - 11:24.

#1431 Pete_f1

Pete_f1

• 4,254 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 18:25

Great post, thanks for the work.

This is turning out to be one giant web of... something!

#1432 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 15,998 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 18:30

I have to say I agree. I can see beardy man scamming one team but so many? Without any money changing hands? Unlikely.

Shannon Racing? Three different F3-series, F3000 and then F1 - all as team owners. It all lasted from May 1996 to July 1996. And they went bust.

#1433 BalanceUT

BalanceUT

• 2,318 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 19:19

Carter is the former CEO of Lotus F1 and a co-producer and frequent guest on Missed Apex.  According to Haas the pre season assembly of the completed cars is done at Dallara.  Logistically it makes more sense to prep the cars in Italy rather than Banbury.  You send one truck with the cars back to Dallara and the other support trucks, tech center and motorhome back to Banbury between the Euro races.  Add the fact that Haas advertises for technical personnel for Haas Italia at both Ferrari and Dallara and it's easy to see a direct connection.

So, you are inferring based on weak evidence. Yes, they explicitly have said that they preseason build cars at Dallara. As I understand things, looking at the video above, that they turn cars around in Banbury (Brexit could well change that, I guess). The hiring of people for the Italia location could well be for in-season development in close collaboration with Dallara OR for the next season development and analysis. It's kind of hard to know from the outside and their explicit statements appear to be different. 

#1434 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 15,144 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 19:24

BUSHY  :rotfl:

Glad I'm not the only one  :lol:

#1435 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 15,144 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 19:27

Wow danmills, great work. You'll never be invited to another car launch now... Depending on how good the Australian GP is, I will read through all of that either during, or after...! 

#1436 RSRally

RSRally

• 2,027 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 20:41

Maybe Rich Energy's logo is not a rip off of the Whyte bikes logo after all, but a stylised version of Storey's magnificent beard. Almost has a gold hue here: https://media.licdn....1M4i--ciIb35y3c

#1437 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 9,400 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 21:32

All sounds strangely normal in the world of F1...

#1438 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,434 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 21:42

I've been asking around in the IoM, hence the Martin Brunnschwieler quip. I'm convinced that I've seen him at TT on a number of occasions. Rich Energy purports to be both sponsoring a team and indeed, the event itself in some way this year. That being the case, one would expect the RE name to be known, but no. There is no sign of the drink in either supermarkets or pubs.

#1439 danmills

danmills

• 3,173 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 22:21

You've got to ask yourself why would three reputable career people agree to all put their names to an unrelated company like this without there being some high reward in return and an existing close relationship.

Being the only three directors is significant. They know exactly what they are doing with their day to day roles and insight for it to be a coincidence.

You don't just have an IOM company without good reason.

It could be that the mysterious source of RE money and the investors is entering into RE at this side before moving on.

Storey must have huge trust in them, he's not even a noted director or shareholder.

Strange they never cropped up before, I wonder if they were involved in the IT days. Heck, even Staxxo.

When were Force India talks started? When did they announce they had available funds to deposit? Just after the new year? Seems about the time the IOM company formed iirc. Hmmmm.

Edited by danmills, 13 March 2019 - 23:14.

Advertisement

#1440 danmills

danmills

• 3,173 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 22:44

https://suite.endole...o-group-limited

Well the gift keeps giving. Who is Lydia, the timing, location and company name is all too fitting. Staxo again. Richmond.

Imagine if Storey has a daughter that he's put as a director by name only to another umbrella. Going too far?

Edited by danmills, 13 March 2019 - 22:47.

#1441 loki

loki

• 12,293 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:54

As I understand things, looking at the video above, that they turn cars around in Banbury (Brexit could well change that, I guess). 

The clip posted earlier is more than 3 years old at this point and is basically a promo piece.  They also could have changed to the current model since then.  Carter isn't the only source for reporting the cars are maintained at Dallara.  Some of the jobs offered at Haas Italia were mechanical in nature and not engineering. If they are assembling the cars at Dallara it makes sense to keep refreshing them there as well.  There is also the point of logistics in getting parts from Dallara and Ferrari to Banbury.  Taking the cars to the Milano area makes more sense than shipping parts to the UK.  You take the cars back to Dallara and refresh them there then bring the parts, which most are manufactured locally at either Dallara or Ferrari, to the cars.  The truck with the Haas cars going to and from Dallara is no different than the entire Ferrari race operation going to and from the races.  Counting the channel crossing it's likely to take the same amount of time (or less depending on the race) as going to the UK.  Air cargo charters leave from London for the UK teams and Malpensa for Ferrari, Toro Rosso and Sauber.  Including the Haas cars wouldn't be a big deal.  The big bits required for the fly aways, hospitality, garage, etc, are leap frogged using over sea shipping.  

#1442 basimi

basimi

• 551 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:15

Danmills, that’s some outstanding research. And next to that. I’m intrigued reading it.

Better than Netflix.

Edited by basimi, 14 March 2019 - 06:16.

#1443 wonk123

wonk123

• 1,658 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:51

Danmills, absolutely awesome. I hope the journos give you the credit you richly deserve

#1444 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 4,062 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:25

Well done Danmills.

This will come back in publications, I'm sure about that. Hope they will credit you rightfully!

#1445 taran

taran

• 4,465 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:40

Shannon Racing? Three different F3-series, F3000 and then F1 - all as team owners. It all lasted from May 1996 to July 1996. And they went bust.

Good point. Don't know about the F3 and F3000 teams that got scammed by Shannon but Forti was desperate for money so they were an easy mark I suppose.

Haas however doesn't NEED a sponsor and can thus afford to properly check them out.

#1446 danmills

danmills

• 3,173 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:44

Above post updated from last nights findings.

It seems 'Brandsellers Holdings Limited' (one of the 6 shareholders of Rich) has no trace which was noted yonks ago.

HOWEVER

'Brands Holdings Limited' is a very close match, no? It's described as an 'Investment Holding Company'.

I don't know a sausage about law and third party indemnity provision, but in their annual reports for 'Brands Holdings Limited' it notes that 'Sports Direct plc' are involved. That's Mike Ashley of Newcastle United. Well known multi-millionaire in the UK.

If that is JUST a concidence, then here he is in what is rare media moment specifically mentioning Mike in his big interview: https://www.telegrap...-mad-scientist/

Which MIGHT explain the links to Rob Lee (the footballer, ambassador for Rich Energy and shareholder) who used to play for.. Newcastle and West Ham. He has to be a mate of Storey. And he's basically a 'Newcastle Legend' so Storey, being a mate of Rob, had someone with fingers in a very big pie indeed.

Here are Rich sponsoring a charity game back in October 2016, with Rob (with the snazzy haircut) next to Shearer.

newcastle-legends-v-manchester-select-at

Brand01.jpg

I don't know about law and third party indemnity provision. We don't even know if 'Brandsellers Holdings Limited' and 'Brands Holdings Limited' are one and the same.

But it's very coincidental. It might mean that Sports Direct are the big backers under the guise of 'Brands Holdings' and not Sullivan who was the obvious one. I think Sullivan is just in it because his 18 year old kid was made manager of the ladies team, who set about (or fell for) the Rich deal when he took the reigns.

It's really starting to piece together now.

Edited by danmills, 14 March 2019 - 11:18.

#1447 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 15,144 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:04

Interesting Mike Ashley link as I happen to know first hand that he and David Sullivan (one of the West Ham owners, who was originally mooted as the source of funding) do not see eye to eye. At all...

A right old motley crew! 

#1448 Jambo

Jambo

• 2,614 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:11

A subliminal promotion for this years TT which Rich Energy purport to be sponsoring. I knew Martin Brunnschwieler was well off, maybe he's one of the billionaires.  ;)

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.jpg

#1449 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,434 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:23

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.jpg

You're in a minority of one Jambo. For everyone else, it was something of a whoosh moment.

Edited by milestone 11, 14 March 2019 - 11:32.

#1450 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 15,144 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:58

You're in a minority of one Jambo. For everyone else, it was something of a whoosh moment.

Just googled "Martin Brunnschwieler" first result "Bushy's Brewery - Isle of Man". My head now hurts.  :lol: