* * * * - 16 votes

What is 'Rich Energy'?

• Please log in to reply
5964 replies to this topic

#5951 pdac

pdac

• 8,378 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 22:29

It’s all still so weird.. we aren’t really any closer to knowing where the money came from. Storey is excellent at drawing attention to himself and his brand but it all meant nothing when you can’t actually buy it anywhere. With a little more effort on the product side of things he might have been able to keep the show going a bit longer, but maybe that was never really the aim..

Without billions, I doubt you can start a brand that will challenge Red Bull. Even just to grab a small slice of the market would be way beyond what someone like Storey could conjure up. He could have built a small, moderately profitable brand, but that was clearly not the aim.

Advertisement

#5952 BalanceUT

BalanceUT

• 2,057 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:10

His actions are no different to this thread. RE has nothing more to do with F1, yet thread is open and people post updates about RE. Not sure anyone has the right to complain. This thread gives RE attention and draws traffic to their tweets bet they loves this thread too thanks to you guys. WS is trolling you guys and sad thing is none of you even know it.

Bitter you missed the good ole days of our discussions, when this was a hot topic? I understand. Take solace in knowing there will be another bogus sponsor. Maybe not next year, but sometime in the next 10. It's just the way of the world.  :clap:

#5953 BRG

BRG

• 17,090 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 19:37

...but maybe that was never really the aim..

...but that was clearly not the aim.

If the aim wasn't to build up a premium luxury energy drink brand, what on earth WAS the aim?  :confused:   This remains the mystery that we are no nearer resolving.

#5954 BalanceUT

BalanceUT

• 2,057 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 20:06

If the aim wasn't to build up a premium luxury energy drink brand, what on earth WAS the aim?  :confused:   This remains the mystery that we are no nearer resolving.

It's possible that Big Billy seemed to think that if you promote enough, the money will magically flow to you and wonderful things then happen. He may have a magical thinking perspective on how big business works and was working his magical thinking angle. 

#5955 pdac

pdac

• 8,378 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 20:31

I have no doubt that the aim was simply for Mr Storey to hang around with the rich and famous of the F1 world and pretend he was one of them. Nothing more nothing less. As for what the other people involved in the operation are concerned, they probably thought they were trying to build a luxury energy drink brand, but they just trusted (foolishly) that Storey was after the same thing and let him get on with it (with their money).

I do not believe there is any mystery to be solved here. It's plain and simple to me.

Edit:

If I had the gift of the gab and the morals of a hedge-fund manager, I'd may well have done the same.

Edited by pdac, 07 November 2019 - 20:35.

#5956 ATM

ATM

• 529 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 21:17

That would explain Storey’s attitude, but not the investors’. Usually, rich people are not stupid and definetely not gullible...so how come they let somebody burn an apparent 6 milion Euro pile of money for nothing? What’s the catch?

Edited by ATM, 07 November 2019 - 21:19.

#5957 Beri

Beri

• 1,778 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 21:43

Well according to the latest Tweet, RE are insinuating that they are now going to partner with McLaren???

https://twitter.com/...8897771522?s=09

No one even bothered to realize the motorhomes of McLaren and Renault were in the same picture and therefore the tag was made..?
People can read anything into something innocent.

#5958 silentbrown

silentbrown

• 13 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:00

No one even bothered to realize the motorhomes of McLaren and Renault were in the same picture and therefore the tag was made..?
People can read anything into something innocent.

There's also lots of #sky, a #smalltree and a huge #HaasF1 thing. None of which they bothered to tag. It's just a windup, but it's intentional.

Edited by silentbrown, 11 November 2019 - 10:00.

#5959 BRG

BRG

• 17,090 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 19:30

Still using Whyte's trademarked logo.   Isn't it time that this joker was locked up for contempt of court?

Advertisement

#5960 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • RC Forum Host

• 20,539 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 20:37

Looks like a new logo to me. Similar, but it’s no longer a copy of Whyte’s.

#5961 pdac

pdac

• 8,378 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 18:53

That would explain Storey’s attitude, but not the investors’. Usually, rich people are not stupid and definetely not gullible...so how come they let somebody burn an apparent 6 milion Euro pile of money for nothing? What’s the catch?

It's not too much of a stretch to imagine that he duped a couple of larger investors and some smaller ones. It certainly sounds as if he promised stakes in the company to people and never delivered. I doubt he has any means to pay back anyone, so maybe some have just written off their investment.

#5962 New Britain

New Britain

• 2,329 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 00:42

Bitter you missed the good ole days of our discussions, when this was a hot topic? I understand. Take solace in knowing there will be another bogus sponsor. Maybe not next year, but sometime in the next 10. It's just the way of the world.  :clap:

But it was great while it lasted! :)

#5963 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 713 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:10

Bitter you missed the good ole days of our discussions, when this was a hot topic? I understand. Take solace in knowing there will be another bogus sponsor. Maybe not next year, but sometime in the next 10. It's just the way of the world. :clap:

Yearly occurrence with the sponsors of the Austrian GP....

#5964 BalanceUT

BalanceUT

• 2,057 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 20:19

Yearly occurrence with the sponsors of the Austrian GP....

Exactly! We could have a thread entitled, "What charlatan is sponsoring the Austrian GP this year?" It would never age-out. 

#5965 mmmcurry

mmmcurry

• 1,707 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 22:21

It's not too much of a stretch to imagine that he duped a couple of larger investors and some smaller ones. It certainly sounds as if he promised stakes in the company to people and never delivered. I doubt he has any means to pay back anyone, so maybe some have just written off their investment.

Or it was the offspring of a successful business person trying to get their own fame and fortune off mummy and daddy's money.

Steve.