* * * * - 16 votes

What is 'Rich Energy'?

• Please log in to reply
5706 replies to this topic

#751 Anja

Anja

• 4,134 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 16:24

Also if you put all your fingers up your nose and jiggle, bogeys come out. Remember kids - just because you can, doesn't mean you should do it!

Jokes aside, I know now, sorry, after the first post it wasn't showing, I had to refresh every link to see an image, thought it was bugged. Infact, I find it to do this always. General forum bug?

Sorry! Nobody injured, lesson learnt!

I think it kind of fits with the overall Rich Energy PR efforts. You should've said that was the intention.

Edited by Anja, 04 February 2019 - 16:26.

Advertisement

#752 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 8,552 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 16:44

I had to refresh every link to see an image, thought it was bugged. Infact, I find it to do this always. General forum bug?

Sorry! Nobody injured, lesson learnt!

Ye, same here when posting images or youtube links.

That's true. It's just that some people often triple or quadruple-post instead of using multi-quote as well. I've been "teached" from before I was teenager that multi-posting on forums is a bad thing. It's just a natural reaction for me! It's true what's been said here though, fits in with Rich Energy.

#753 danmills

danmills

• 1,192 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 16:46

RE would post the same one 36 times though, don't give me ideas, they might hire me!

#754 pdac

pdac

• 8,134 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 18:27

RE would post the same one 36 times though, don't give me ideas, they might hire me!

I can see your job title now - Account Rep

#755 Mat13

Mat13

• 1,769 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 19:42

I can see your job title now - Account Rep

Not nearly grand enough for such an illustrious ‘British’ brand.

Premium Grand Wizard of Harnessing and Nuturing of Accounts.

#756 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 668 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 22:20

https://pbs.twimg.co...=jpg&name=large

#757 bibliophagos

bibliophagos

• 202 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:04

My copy of Fowler (Modern English Usage, revised 3rd ed 1998) clearly states that ‘police’ is in the category ‘plural though singular in form’, along with ‘cattle’, ‘poultry’, ‘vermin’ etc, and thus should always be construed with a plural verb.

I'm sorry I muddied my point a bit, I should have never started about is/are related to the Grammar Police, because my point was that it should be "are", because the subject of the sentence was "we", and not "grammar police".

And since my knowledge of the English language is Dutch highschool level at best, I don't have a copy of Fowler at home, sorry about that. I'll try not to involve myself in discussions about English grammar in the future  :rotfl: 

#758 ensign14

ensign14

• 49,049 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:27

I would question Fowler anyway as being prescriptive, not descriptive. 

#759 New Britain

New Britain

• 2,248 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:50

I would question Fowler anyway as being prescriptive, not descriptive. 

That's the purpose of the book, innit?

Advertisement

#760 danmills

danmills

• 1,192 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 16:40

Where's the hand and can? Can't be official!

#761 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 21,858 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 18:16

I'm sorry I muddied my point a bit, I should have never started about is/are related to the Grammar Police, because my point was that it should be "are", because the subject of the sentence was "we", and not "grammar police".
And since my knowledge of the English language is Dutch highschool level at best, I don't have a copy of Fowler at home, sorry about that. I'll try not to involve myself in discussions about English grammar in the future :rotfl:

Sorry, Bibliophagos, I wasn’t questioning your post at all. I believe that what you posted was quite correct. My post was meant to be in response to Ensign14’s earlier suggestion that ‘police’ should be construed as a singular noun. :)

#762 danmills

danmills

• 1,192 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 19:03

It's still bizarre that a company going this big still has this forum thread appearing on the top of the second page when you google them.

Other topics include reddit discussing if they are a scam.

It costs pennies to hire a wizard to get your search data sorted and to make sure these sorts of pages sink below. Pennies in the grand scheme of things.

McBeard, if you are reading, get someone on it.

Edited by danmills, 05 February 2019 - 19:04.

#763 BRG

BRG

• 16,862 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 19:55

McBeard, if you are reading, get someone on it.

He probably thinks this is all great publicity.  No such thing as bad publicity, some say.  Others aren't so sure.

#764 Anja

Anja

• 4,134 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 20:06

Hey, it just shows how influential we are.  :cool:

#765 Anders Torp

Anders Torp

• 562 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 20:53

In the same vein (not as grandiose, though):

McLAREN AND SWEDISH HUSKI CHOCOLATE ANNOUNCE FORMULA 1 PARTNERSHIP

https://www.mclaren....-1-partnership/

#766 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 8,552 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 23:21

Not a big company either (Or, at least, never seen it). But it's smaller, and it's more a "we give you some perks, and we get some perks" deal.
I guess McLaren will have Huski chocolate and Chaqwa coffe in 2019 then (Chaqwa are Coca Cola Company)

E: It is a bit interesting how a Swedish company with Swiss made machines, does a deal with McLaren, and not Sa..Alfa, that's a Swedish owned team based in Switzerland.

Edited by Myrvold, 05 February 2019 - 23:23.

#767 ensign14

ensign14

• 49,049 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 23:22

Given the cost of Scandinavian chocolate, they could probably cover it by selling a couple of multipacks.

#768 PeterScandlyn

PeterScandlyn

• 347 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:40

Back on topic....we're about to see how legitimate their sponsorship is in 24 - 48 hours.

#769 loki

loki

• 5,824 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:30

Back on topic....we're about to see how legitimate their sponsorship is in 24 - 48 hours.

Considering they've named the team Rich Energy Haas F1 Team I'd say it's pretty legit.  Wherever the money came from is one thing but without some cash changing hands they wouldn't have renamed the team and be launching a new livery.  Based on the black and gold color scheme alone I'd prefer the red and gray of the automation company.  About the only thing that could make this more strange is if they complete the season and the product isn't any more available.

#770 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 21,365 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:07

Considering they've named the team Rich Energy Haas F1 Team I'd say it's pretty legit.  Wherever the money came from is one thing but without some cash changing hands they wouldn't have renamed the team and be launching a new livery.  Based on the black and gold color scheme alone I'd prefer the red and gray of the automation company.  About the only thing that could make this more strange is if they complete the season and the product isn't any more available.

I'd question this definition of "legit" if Shannon Forti can meet it.

#771 Alburaq

Alburaq

• 2,199 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:14

No stag

Dytfp6zXQAA1bfW.jpg

#772 Burai

Burai

• 1,467 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:15

I'd question this definition of "legit" if Shannon Forti can meet it.

See also: Broker Sauber in 1994.

The Broker deal nearly destroyed Sauber. Having spent half a season missing their payments, the magazine publisher finally admitted they didn't have any money and Tissot came in on a cut price deal to keep the team afloat. Red Bull would pay off any further debt and bought a controlling stake in the team at the end of the year.

It was the final straw for Mercedes who activated a performance clause to break their contract with Sauber so they could link up with McLaren.

#773 fer312t

fer312t

• 1,395 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:31

I would be very surprised if this livery isn't badly executed...

#774 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,920 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:58

No stag

Dytfp6zXQAA1bfW.jpg

Strange they put the logo on the helmet but not on the clothing.

#775 Peat

Peat

• 4,419 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:08

Nipple fly for breast feeding mothers?
#rich #premium #nourishment #mothersmilk #richenergyforafters

#776 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 13,572 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:22

I think it kind of fits with the overall Rich Energy PR efforts. You should've said that was the intention.

Got some proper followers there, its telling that the paddock is probably in on the joke... Alfa Romeo F1 team, Tony Kannan, Kieth Sutton.... 

#777 Alburaq

Alburaq

• 2,199 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:29

This Dallara/Ferrari-made car go well with this Austrian-made British energy drink that uses a logo (allegedly) made by Whyte bikes.

Are those shirts Jack&Jones or are they Chinese replicas?

#778 TheGoldenStoffel

TheGoldenStoffel

• 483 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:31

I would be very surprised if this livery isn't badly executed...

And probably done by Storey himself with a bottle of spray paint and some stickers he printed at home  :lol:

#779 noikeee

noikeee

• 15,832 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:33

The logo isn't there but the name is. Rich Energy Haas F1 team.

Advertisement

#780 BobbyRicky

BobbyRicky

• 317 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:39

I heard from my friend at the pub that Billy McFarland and Jeffrey Bruce Atkins are the people behind Rich energy.

They are going to rename it to "Fyre Energy" apparently. 

#781 PlayboyRacer

PlayboyRacer

• 2,467 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:46

I heard from my friend at the pub that Billy McFarland and Jeffrey Bruce Atkins are the people behind Rich energy.
They are going to rename it to "Fyre Energy" apparently.

Gold! I must say the timing of all this is hillarious given the Fyre Festival documentary only dropped a few weeks ago.

Interesting to see where this all ends up for Haas. I mean so far, so good.

Edited by PlayboyRacer, 06 February 2019 - 12:46.

#782 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 10,375 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:46

Could be the helmet pic is older than the teamwear. They usually read here for news on their own company. :p

#783 BobbyRicky

BobbyRicky

• 317 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:47

Gold! I must say the timing of all this is hillarious given the Fyre Festival documentary only dropped a few weeks ago.

Interesting to see where this all ends up for Haas.

Rumor is that they are going to Bahamas. 

#784 danmills

danmills

• 1,192 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 13:15

Instagram is revving up!

#785 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 13,572 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 13:16

Everyone keeps repeating this as fact but it is possible that the cost of sponsorship is in the form of equality, loan or guarantee at this stage. 

#786 RSRally

RSRally

• 950 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 13:19

In light of the coming court case, quite a prudent decision. Easier to change the logo on a couple of helmets than all the team wear.

#787 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 13,572 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 13:25

In light of the coming court case, quite a prudent decision. Easier to change the logo on a couple of helmets than all the team wear.

I think it's far more likely they just forgot. Using no logo has just as many cost implications as changing a logo, post court case.

#788 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,920 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 13:52

True, but like mentioned before, it weakens their case. Other party how can say, logo isn't that important for them, they use name without.

#789 RSRally

RSRally

• 950 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 14:01

I would be surprised if the logo isn't on the car but that can be changed quickly if necessary.

#790 ixnay

ixnay

• 196 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 14:59

With how poorly designed the RE website is with live but incomplete content... It may be worth playing around with links and guesses to see if the branding images have already been uploaded to the site but not protected, waiting to simply be linked once launch occurs. I don't have a PC atm to check.

#791 danmills

danmills

• 1,192 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 17:17

I own some Williams team wear when HP were dropped. They just stitched over the HP logos with the same navy coloured gore-tex patches.  :rotfl:

There is definitely something in the lack of stag logo on those shirts given its use everywhere else. Disappointed no can on show...

#792 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 13,572 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 17:24

I still think their best move, by miles, would have been to change the logo before they go and plaster it all over an F1 car to be seen by hundreds of millions of eyeballs worldwide. Their stag logo has no value and no brand equity, hardly anyone has seen it or heard of it. Change it now because it will matter not a jot to their future success if they do it now, but it will matter a lot if it becomes familiar and then they change it. Removing it would seem to admit guilt and anticipate loss... 

I reckon we should have a new logo competition on here, because if my theory holds water, one of them will be used!!! 

#793 RSRally

RSRally

• 950 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 17:46

Livery launch 11am tomorrow from London.

Bingham hotel maybe? ;)

#794 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 9,608 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 18:16

I still think their best move, by miles, would have been to change the logo before they go and plaster it all over an F1 car to be seen by hundreds of millions of eyeballs worldwide. Their stag logo has no value and no brand equity, hardly anyone has seen it or heard of it. Change it now because it will matter not a jot to their future success if they do it now, but it will matter a lot if it becomes familiar and then they change it. Removing it would seem to admit guilt and anticipate loss... 

I reckon we should have a new logo competition on here, because if my theory holds water, one of them will be used!!! 

Even if they had changed the logo, they would still have to go to court, because it doesn't seem they have the money to settle with Whyte outside of the courtroom. That would be the only way around it, to change the logo, make a financial settlement with Whyte, and then make a public statement explaining transparently the situation... but as they've taken their current path, they'll be in court soon and will likely be in bigger trouble (I guess without the money to settle, they were screwed either way).

#795 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,920 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 18:57

Even if they had changed the logo, they would still have to go to court, because it doesn't seem they have the money to settle with Whyte outside of the courtroom. That would be the only way around it, to change the logo, make a financial settlement with Whyte, and then make a public statement explaining transparently the situation... but as they've taken their current path, they'll be in court soon and will likely be in bigger trouble (I guess without the money to settle, they were screwed either way).

Such settlement could be spread out over years to come if that would be financial needed for RE and best for both parties (If RE goes down, Whyte doesn't get anything). Now they don't portray name/image/logo with consistence and as complete and they didn't change logo when complaint Whyte came weakens their case imo. If they change(d), at least the court could see that as a sign of good will and could possible make the fine much smaller as a result. The other way around is even far bigger fear and risk imo. Because they ignored Whyte and continued (global) expansion and distribution of the logo could increase fine and other rulings (Still don't know reason/consequence the case against him as private person.)

#796 Mat13

Mat13

• 1,769 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 18:59

Allow me to put forward the first entry:

vEnksXE.jpg

As you can see, almost nothing has changed, except the render is more professional and the logo matches the strap line, ie. actually ****ing has horns.

Edit: So, someone forgot about that other minor drinks company involving cattle. Hornbill anyone?

Edited by Mat13, 06 February 2019 - 19:06.

#797 RA2

RA2

• 1,176 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 19:27

UK00003263605

Registered
Mark type:
Figurative
Mark text:
File date:
13 October 2017
Classes:
9, 12, 36, 41
Trade mark image

UK00003287045

Opposed
Mark type:
Figurative
Mark text:
File date:
13 October 2017
Classes:

ATB sales had applied the trademark in oct 2017 and registered in April 2018

The second trademark class 25 is opposed (???)

Rich I guess is trying to avoid use of logo in class 25 product which covers t shirts

Class 9 covers helmets (maybe only cycling helmets as with white trademark)

Edited by RA2, 06 February 2019 - 19:33.

#798 RA2

RA2

• 1,176 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 19:35

UK00003126288

Registered
Mark type:
Figurative
Mark text:
File date:
09 September 2015
Classes:
5, 25, 32

Rich is filed in 2015

Edited by RA2, 06 February 2019 - 19:37.

#799 TheGoldenStoffel

TheGoldenStoffel

• 483 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 20:17

Livery launch 11am tomorrow from London.

Bingham hotel maybe?  ;)

Yeah it makes sense to launch the livery at their headquarters  :lol:

Advertisement

#800 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,920 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 20:18

UK00003263605

Registered
Mark type:
Figurative
Mark text:
File date:
13 October 2017
Classes:
9, 12, 36, 41
Trade mark image

UK00003287045

Opposed
Mark type:
Figurative
Mark text:
File date:
13 October 2017
Classes:

ATB sales had applied the trademark in oct 2017 and registered in April 2018

The second trademark class 25 is opposed (???)

Rich I guess is trying to avoid use of logo in class 25 product which covers t shirts

Class 9 covers helmets (maybe only cycling helmets as with white trademark)

Do you have a link to something? UK00003126288 and other numbers doesn't bring results here.

From what i came across during this topic is that "registered" doesn't even mean that much, when first in use counts far more in value. "Common law" goes before ("independent") system of rules and regulations and registrations. As far i understand these registrations are for most to make court case easier but not per se needed for rights of a logo/idea/name/etc. 

Edited by Maxioos, 06 February 2019 - 20:25.