Posted 08 February 2019 - 19:05

Why would you eat a Chinese?

Innocent question with numerous possible not-so-innocent answers. :lol:

Advertisement

#1002 Lord Snooty

Lord Snooty

• 931 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 19:38

Well, look on the bright side as it could have been worse; they could have signed up as sponsors that other, well known, British energy drink company... 😳

http://www.pussydrinks.co.uk

Edited by Lord Snooty, 08 February 2019 - 19:39.

#1003 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,380 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 19:52

Well, look on the bright side as it could have been worse; they could have signed up as sponsors that other, well known, British energy drink company...

For one, in this whole adventure there only is a bright side imo.

But, only a look at the website would make that company instantly more logic for such step than RE. Still, by far not optimal website imo. but multiple times better than RE's. Also, when they had there 10 year anniversary, RE got born, so, should be far more logic. The name needs some creativity for team naming "pussy Haas f1"  :rotfl:  

#1004 BobbyRicky

BobbyRicky

• 278 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 19:57

For one, in this whole adventure there only is a bright side imo.

But, only a look at the website would make that company instantly more logic for such step than RE. Still, by far not optimal website imo. but multiple times better than RE's. Also, when they had there 10 year anniversary, RE got born, so, should be far more logic. The name needs some creativity for team naming "pussy Haas f1"  :rotfl:  

That should be an inspiration for Stroll Sr now that he is renaming his team.

Something like "Pussy Force" sounds neat. Lots of possibilities here!

#1005 New Britain

New Britain

• 2,105 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 20:03

Having now gone over all of Rich Energy's filings with Companies House, a few interesting things pop out. (I would be glad to post screen shots of the balance sheet if someone could tell me how to do that.)

As of most recent date covered (30 September 2017), Rich Energy Limited reported:

- Tangible Assets of £17,676,

- Profit of £46,701 for year ended 30-09-17, and profit of £412,167 for year ended 30-09-16, and

- Shareholders' Funds of £868,868.

However, as against the Shareholders' Funds of £868,868, the primary asset is Intangible Assets of £1,708,811. There is no explanation of what those intangible assets comprise. They could - hypothetically - comprise somebody's estimate of the value of intellectual property (company logo, branding, "secret formula" of the juice, even distribution rights) given to Rich Energy Limited by a shareholder.

Put another way, without those intangible assets of £1.7m, Rich Energy's net worth would have been negative £800k.

#1006 A3

A3

• 28,702 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 20:08

(I would be glad to post screen shots of the balance sheet if someone could tell me how to do that.)

On most Windows operating systems there's a program that's called "Snipping tool" which allows you to select an areau of your screen to be captured. You can upload the image to imgur.com and share it here.

#1007 loki

loki

• 5,580 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 20:14

Perhaps Gene has taken equity rather than cash or some cash and some return on projected sales...

I don't see that happening.  The guy has one of the most successful machine tool manufacturing operations in the world, a state of the art wind tunnel facility and two racing teams that are doing well in their own right.  He doesn't need to be investing in a small time operation like Rich Energy.  This is about getting cash to support one of the racing teams.  With Haas Automation being a sponsor the money still would eventually come out of Gene's pocket.  He's gotten great exposure outside the US but have sales of the tools matched the marketing expense?  If they haven't anything extra would essentially be coming from his pocket in terms of potential profit that the race team consumes.  Depending on what this deal is worth between the FOM money and the deal he could realistically cover most of the expenses and bring the tool company sponsorship/outlay into something more than a money hole for a branding exercise.

#1008 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,380 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 20:23

It's still just a $ 200,- (Max.) 10 page word-press website they have. Really not impressed at all. https://www.google.n...i30.IUh5fNmL9N4

As if they just totally don't have any pride. The local bakery http://bakkerijtjoelker.nl/ has a more smoother and impressive site than this "global" brand. 

#1009 New Britain

New Britain

• 2,105 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 20:23

On most Windows operating systems there's a program that's called "Snipping tool" which allows you to select an areau of your screen to be captured. You can upload the image to imgur.com and share it here.

Thanks. I have a Mac but, anyhow, I already have the snips/screenshots/grabs, whatever you want to call them. Isn't there some way that I can load either a snip of the image or the actual Companies House pdf directly into a forum post?

#1010 eibyyz

eibyyz

• 217 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 20:24

That should be an inspiration for Stroll Sr now that he is renaming his team.

Something like "Pussy Force" sounds neat. Lots of possibilities here!

And they can keep the same paint job!

#1011 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 9,430 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 20:59

They claim that 'our cans are made in the UK', yet from other information we've found out, the drink itself is being made in Austria? Is this an outright fraudulent claim then or are they being sly and only the actual metal is produced in the UK?

#1012 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 622 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 22:03

Well, look on the bright side as it could have been worse; they could have signed up as sponsors that other, well known, British energy drink company... 😳

Pussy started out being run ‘from a bedroom’ and the company founder would deliver the stock himself to local nightclubs etc. At least he was honest about it!

Do ‘Rich’ have a wiki? 😁

#1013 Nathan

Nathan

• 4,794 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 22:10

They claim that 'our cans are made in the UK', yet from other information we've found out, the drink itself is being made in Austria? Is this an outright fraudulent claim then or are they being sly and only the actual metal is produced in the UK?

He sure has taken a solid British angle which seems very odd for a heavily international product that has no lineage or prestige attached to being British.

#1014 danmills

danmills

• 1,078 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 22:41

Is it possible Storey has been ploughing into this mystery Austrian processing factory all these years, investing? And the return now is after years of buying into that? It might not be a generic factory, he may actually have a stake in something we can’t yet see. I mean when was the first can actually visible, online or in the flesh? Rich Energy must have been something in 2010.

They seem to have existed as a company well before signs of a product. Can we try to identify the plant? Let me check my cans...

Edited by danmills, 08 February 2019 - 22:44.

#1015 pdac

pdac

• 7,575 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 22:48

He sure has taken a solid British angle which seems very odd for a heavily international product that has no lineage or prestige attached to being British.

Maybe in the US he'll claim it's a 100% US product (and in France, a 100% French product and in Germany, a 100% German product, and in China a 100% Chinese product and in Russia a 100% Russian product). The guy seems to bend the truth a bit all the time.

Edited by pdac, 08 February 2019 - 22:48.

#1016 danmills

danmills

• 1,078 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 22:57

Here we go. The cans are made by REXAM. This was a British started company bought by a US firm in 2016. So they’re not British cans at all!

#1017 Ze Bum

Ze Bum

• 463 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 23:51

Here we go. The cans are made by REXAM. This was a British started company bought by a US firm in 2016. So they’re not British cans at all!

Rexam became Ball in 2016. So are your cans already 3 years old?

#1018 Counterbalance

Counterbalance

• 862 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:04

It's still just a $ 200,- (Max.) 10 page word-press website they have. Really not impressed at all. https://www.google.n...i30.IUh5fNmL9N4

As if they just totally don't have any pride. The local bakery http://bakkerijtjoelker.nl/ has a more smoother and impressive site than this "global" brand.

I've known some Wordpress based installations cost north of £20k. You would be surprised how much some firms charge, especially for SEO services. Many a cowboy salesman has hired a college student to install a plugin called Yoast, throw a few keywords in, use H2 tags in the relevant places, alt tag images up and charge in the region of £3k a month for their services. It totally pisses me off, but that's another story.

Anyway, I've had a look at the site, the theme's css still needs a bit of work, especially with their @media rules. The biggest tell is that they only accept payment via PayPal at the moment. I'd expect them to have full merchant facilities available, such as Stripe or Payment Sense for example.

I'd stick the current estimate on their site in the region of £1,200 and that's being extremely generous. I only reach that figure as it seems to have a custom coded template, but even that can be a pre built one then played around with. I'd really need to see the functions.php file, as you find most author comments in there to give a definitive answer on the issue. It still needs more work before it's completed to a decent standard in my opinion.

Company accounts: they're ok.
Company website: not impressive.

Rich Energy is still plastered all over an F1 team's cars though, so Mr Storrey must be doing something right.

Ps: Not so keen on the bakery site, it's a bit cluttered, but each to their own, I guess.

Edited by Counterbalance, 09 February 2019 - 01:27.

#1019 ANF

ANF

• 9,107 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:51

Is it possible Storey has been ploughing into this mystery Austrian processing factory all these years, investing? And the return now is after years of buying into that? It might not be a generic factory, he may actually have a stake in something we can’t yet see. I mean when was the first can actually visible, online or in the flesh? Rich Energy must have been something in 2010.

They seem to have existed as a company well before signs of a product. Can we try to identify the plant? Let me check my cans...

Well I don't know if it's the right one, but here's an Austrian beverage manufacturer I linked to in post #141 a couple of months ago.

r4.png

Advertisement

#1020 Nathan

Nathan

• 4,794 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:51

He's gotten great exposure outside the US but have sales of the tools matched the marketing expense?  

An interesting question.  There 2018 numbers should be published soon, these were a year ago...

Haas Automation Inc. (Oxnard, CA) reported that its annual sales in 2017 exceeded 13,500 units for the first time in company history—an increase of nearly 30% over 2016. “It was an incredible year,” said Scott Gasich, vice president of sales & marketing. “Haas Automation performed strongly on all continents, with substantial growth in all markets – especially international markets, which accounted for 55% of our sales. Most notably, we enjoyed 41% sales increase in mainland Europe, with more than 3500 new Haas CNC machine tools sold in 2017.

A little further along...

"The company plans to sell more than 15,500 machines in 2018. “We are targeting continued growth in all markets, and expect to increase our export percentage to 60%,”

Will be interesting to see if that 2018 target was met.   If so, would we have to conclude the F1 team is succeeding?

#1021 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 11,888 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 02:06

Sounds like Fyre festival all over again

https://www.business...ional=true&r=US

Can I just say, that the quality of modern journalism is piss poor. That article had a caption underneath a picture that started, 'A private jet...' and the photograph clearly depicted a propeller plane. That is Business insider, who I believe wants to charge a fee for access to their dimly educated articles. 

#1022 loki

loki

• 5,580 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:21

If so, would we have to conclude the F1 team is succeeding?

Based on a 41% increase in continental European sales I'd think so.  Before we started getting imported F1 coverage from Sky the the three stooges amigos on NBCSN would comment and have all kinds of tidbits about Haas.  With the Sky coverage we get tidbits like how often Lewis poops and Horner going on about how bad the state of F1 is since they aren't winning that much these days.  Sorry, got sidetracked...  Anywho during the first couple seasons they'd talk about how Haas was activating the sponsorship in Europe at the races.  One of those were contests where machinists would be awarded all expense paid trips to the race for the weekend.  I'm sure they did the usual wine and dine others during that time.

Let's say Haas gets about US$60 mil this year from FOM ($25 from A $35 from B), another $20 mil from Thee Bearded Wonder ™  (would it really be that much? sounds low in general but Rich Energy doesn't look to even have that) it was reported there was US$15 mil in sponsorship in 2018 (really?  from whom?)  then to make up the rest of his budget reported to be US$130 mil that would be about US$35 mil compared to what Racefans said last year was a US$60 mil.  I suppose the question is how good a value is US$35 mil for worldwide exposure as well as a fantastic hospitality program.

#1023 mclarensmps

mclarensmps

• 5,881 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:25

The CEO of Rich Energy was giving an interview on Talksport this morning. I found that pretty ironic.

He spent a good amount of time stroking his own di... ego, and a lot of big talk with not much substance behind it. 

#1024 BMWTeamBigazzi

BMWTeamBigazzi

• 219 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 04:37

I don't know what all the fuss is about here? for the best part of the past 2 decades, most of F1 has been shrouded in secrecy and dealings more dodgier than Andrea Sassetti.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the Mafia were funding F1 activity nowadays, after all it's fair game..... cigarette money is long gone sadly and the F1 world can't survive on Red Bull or any other energy drink! Think of Red Bull as the modern day Marlboro! How on earth can Red Bull fund so much Motorsport activity all over the globe?, drivers?, air race planes?, soap box carts? and so on..... does anyone ever question that?

F1, am sorry is so far up its own arse nowadays, it's no surprise sponsors are leaving, fanbase is decreasing and unless F1 stops being the universal playground for mega rich playboys and girls, then what hope is there in attracting new sponsors? where's the money coming from? and you only have Uncle Bernie to thank for sowing the seeds of that demise!

#1025 mclarensmps

mclarensmps

• 5,881 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:23

How on earth can Red Bull fund so much Motorsport activity all over the globe?, drivers?, air race planes?, soap box carts? and so on..... does anyone ever question that?

There is no need. Just do some research before making statements like that. 

#1026 baddog

baddog

• 26,909 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:43

(And, my opinion is, we never went to the moon, so that's not a argument in his favor.)

The rest of your posts here make so much more sense now

#1027 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 19,955 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:06

Based on a 41% increase in continental European sales I'd think so.  Before we started getting imported F1 coverage from Sky the the three stooges amigos on NBCSN would comment and have all kinds of tidbits about Haas.  With the Sky coverage we get tidbits like how often Lewis poops and Horner going on about how bad the state of F1 is since they aren't winning that much these days.  Sorry, got sidetracked...  Anywho during the first couple seasons they'd talk about how Haas was activating the sponsorship in Europe at the races.  One of those were contests where machinists would be awarded all expense paid trips to the race for the weekend.  I'm sure they did the usual wine and dine others during that time.

Let's say Haas gets about US$60 mil this year from FOM ($25 from A $35 from B), another $20 mil from Thee Bearded Wonder ™  (would it really be that much? sounds low in general but Rich Energy doesn't look to even have that) it was reported there was US$15 mil in sponsorship in 2018 (really?  from whom?)  then to make up the rest of his budget reported to be US$130 mil that would be about US$35 mil compared to what Racefans said last year was a US$60 mil.  I suppose the question is how good a value is US$35 mil for worldwide exposure as well as a fantastic hospitality program.

Jack & Jones?

:cool:

#1028 pdac

pdac

• 7,575 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:51

There is no need. Just do some research before making statements like that. 

I guess posting to this forum IS research.

#1029 pdac

pdac

• 7,575 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:54

I never went to the moon. None of my friends have been to the moon. So, we never went to the moon (neither my friends, nor I).  :)

#1030 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,380 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:11

I can understand that, my postings here are result own investigating (I found the law suit and the Singapore Company) and thinking, just like I did to get to the conclusion you respond at. I suspect you also put some own investigating time in that subject, or just blindly following what is told as true, like 90 million cans, 20 employees, etc. claims of RE?

#1031 Widefoot2

Widefoot2

• 388 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:39

I built satellite packages and (most of) a small satellite, and also witnessed one of the Shuttle launches (STS-58, which has my favorite mission patch due to the placing of two astronauts names), and am old enough to remember the entirety of the Apollo/Saturn program, so I'm of the "opinion" that the moon landings were/are real.  If nothing else, do you think Russia would have hesitated for a minute to call out the US program if there was any fakery going on?

Back on point - this is a terrific thread, and has a lot of information on UK business law and practice, business structures, and sponsorship mechanisms.  Not to mention great gossip too.  It's my fervent hope that it doesn't get vaporized due to concern over British libel laws, but in an abundance of caution I'm saving each page.  Hopefully that doesn't make me a target for MI6...

#1032 baddog

baddog

• 26,909 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:51

I can understand that, my postings here are result own investigating (I found the law suit and the Singapore Company) and thinking, just like I did to get to the conclusion you respond at. I suspect you also put some own investigating time in that subject, or just blindly following what is told as true, like 90 million cans, 20 employees, etc. claims of RE?

I meant the forum in general, it was a joke at your expense about your wacky postings.

I don't have an opinion on a soft-drink sponsor beyond 'the car looks cool or not'. Any time you invest into 'investigating' Rich Energy is.. special time.

#1033 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,380 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:01

I meant the forum in general, it was a joke at your expense about your wacky postings.

I don't have an opinion on a soft-drink sponsor beyond 'the car looks cool or not'. Any time you invest into 'investigating' Rich Energy is.. special time.

That is translated too me (by google) as "Idiotic/terrible". Are they really?

The time i put in this is just that, invested time to keep me awake. I have no favor or wished outcome or something like that, just a topic to follow besides all my other distractions/interests to keep my needed distractions as high as possible to keep me awake (due to Narcolepsy). 

#1034 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • RC Forum Host

• 18,191 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:01

I built satellite packages and (most of) a small satellite, and also witnessed one of the Shuttle launches (STS-58, which has my favorite mission patch due to the placing of two astronauts names), and am old enough to remember the entirety of the Apollo/Saturn program, so I'm of the "opinion" that the moon landings were/are real.  If nothing else, do you think Russia would have hesitated for a minute to call out the US program if there was any fakery going on?

Back on point - this is a terrific thread, and has a lot of information on UK business law and practice, business structures, and sponsorship mechanisms.  Not to mention great gossip too.  It's my fervent hope that it doesn't get vaporized due to concern over British libel laws, but in an abundance of caution I'm saving each page.  Hopefully that doesn't make me a target for MI6...

The mod team are usually on the case and if you're not sure about something, because we may have missed it, you can always report it and we'll take action if we deem it necessary. Fortunately the forum has a few actual legal experts about, none of whom are taken in by nonsense such as moon landing denial.

#1035 baddog

baddog

• 26,909 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:06

The time i put in this is just that, invested time to keep me awake. I have no favor or wished outcome or something like that, just a topic to follow besides all my other distractions/interests to keep my needed distractions as high as possible to keep me awake (due to Narcolepsy). 

Wacky implies you are sometimes a bit 'out there' but implies no serious criticism, friendly teasing.

Hey your time is your own.

#1036 pdac

pdac

• 7,575 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:08

I think that's one interpretation of 'wacky', but I don't think it's really correct in the context of the post you're replying too.

#1037 danmills

danmills

• 1,078 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:37

Back to the RE factory query, I want to try and look into where these cans are made, and any rival products too. This would answer the claims of the (what I believe) is false claim the cans are British made and their claims of a possible stake / more likely use of a multi million state of the art processing factory.

#1038 RSRally

RSRally

• 844 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 14:00

Back to the RE factory query, I want to try and look into where these cans are made, and any rival products too. This would answer the claims of the (what I believe) is false claim the cans are British made and their claims of a possible stake / more likely use of a multi million state of the art processing factory.

The shipping label a few posts back seems to suggest the drink is made here: https://www.starzinger.at/en/#

#1039 Nathan

Nathan

• 4,794 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 14:02

How on earth can Red Bull fund so much Motorsport activity all over the globe?, drivers?, air race planes?, soap box carts? and so on..... does anyone ever question that?

The markup for Red Bull is incredible.  A product that isn't much more expensive to produce than regular soda priced at three times the price. Red Bull also has a different production process in that all cans sold worldwide are made in one plant by one bottling partner in a relatively streamlined manner where cans and drink are made at one site.  Coca-Cola as an example has regional third-party production plants that typically buy cans and bottles from another separate entity.  Lots of different hands to feed.  Coke sends these bottling plants the secret sugar mix and that plant mixes and bottles.  The success can be seen with Monster that has a 25%-ish net profit margin, whereas Pepsi and Coca-Cola are around 15%.  So Monster drinks are 60% more profitable. I would think Red Bull's margins are a bit greater, but unlike Monster they need not have to publish their figures. 

So Red Bull sells around $7 billion USD worth of drink that using Monster's numbers should produce a net profit of $1.5b-$2.0b per year. 

The industry averages around 7% of revenue spent on marketing, so Red Bull probably spends at least $500m on marketing and then have that billion or so each year to dip into to go over the top.  How much dividends do two shareholders need to take?

Edited by Nathan, 09 February 2019 - 14:10.

Advertisement

#1040 RSRally

RSRally

• 844 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 14:08

The shipping label a few posts back seems to suggest the drink is made here: https://www.starzinger.at/en/#

... and they do indeed have the option to use mineral water. Maybe it's not all bs!

#1041 FLB

FLB

• 9,773 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 14:37

... and they do indeed have the option to use mineral water. Maybe it's not all bs!

Looking at the website of the company, it would make a lot of sense. Starzinger has modern facilities with the flexibility to do private-for-hire bottling:

https://www.starzing...bottling-plant/

https://www.starzing...all-quantities/

Edited by FLB, 09 February 2019 - 14:41.

#1042 danmills

danmills

• 1,078 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 16:32

Thank you for that! Trying to piece together the substance behind the claims.

And what interest they have in saying 'their' 50m state of the art processing plant or however they worded it. Do they (likely what you've said) hire it or have they got assets in bricks and mortar not on the books from previous years?

#1043 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 9,430 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 16:35

Apart from the whole 'made in the UK' angle...

#1044 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 9,430 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 16:39

Thank you for that! Trying to piece together the substance behind the claims.

And what interest they have in saying 'their' 50m state of the art processing plant or however they worded it. Do they (likely what you've said) hire it or have they got assets in bricks and mortar not on the books from previous years?

The way they put together the whole paragraph is implying the plant is in the UK as well, which we know isn't true even if we don't know for sure its this Starzinger plant in Austria (it seems to be the case though)....

'Whilst our recipe is a closely guarded secret, we have a cutting edge £50m manufacturing facility and our cans are made in the UK.'

#1045 FLB

FLB

• 9,773 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 16:43

Apart from the whole 'made in the UK' angle...

Well, that may be a point of view.

I live in Canada. If I buy a BMW X5, am I buying a German or an American car? In RE's case, what is the origin of the ingredients? They obviously consider themselves a British company, so is that enough for their product to be British even if it's bottled in Austria? Because it's legally conceived/designed/patented in the UK?

#1046 FLB

FLB

• 9,773 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 16:44

The way they put together the whole paragraph is implying the plant is in the UK as well, which we know isn't true even if we don't know for sure its this Starzinger plant in Austria (it seems to be the case though)....

'Whilst our recipe is a closely guarded secret, we have a cutting edge £50m manufacturing facility and our cans are made in the UK.'

The aluminum cans may be made in the UK, but not their content.

I.e. the bottling itself (the action of mixing the ingredients and inserting the finished product) may not be done in the UK, but the cans themselves may be another matter.

Edited by FLB, 09 February 2019 - 16:47.

#1047 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 9,430 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 16:48

Well, that may be a point of view.

I live in Canada. If I buy a BMW X5, am I buying a German or an American car? In RE's case, what is the origin of the ingredients? They obviously consider themselves a British company, so is that enough for their product to be British even if it's bottled in Austria? Because it's legally conceived/designed/patented in the UK?

That's true, but the cars that BMW are producing in North America aren't going to be labelled as 'Made in Germany', and the multinational companies don't really follow that 'made in X' line anymore because their manufacturing is so global. Of course we consider the brand to be German and the car to be a 'German' car because of where the company has come from and their history, but we are not being actively misled and told that the BMW you drive that was built in South Carolina is still a product of Germany, just like I know that my Ford Fiesta is not an American car even if Ford itself is an American company...

Rich's blurb implies the product is British made, even if they use technicalities like 'our cans'. They make no reference to the manufacturing facility being outside of the UK...

Edited by DanardiF1, 09 February 2019 - 16:50.

#1048 RSRally

RSRally

• 844 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 17:03

I did see a recent interview with Storey where he admitted the drink was produced in Austria.

If they're saying the cans are made in the UK that sounds as if it could be technically true (even if that firm is American owned)

This kind of thing is nothing new. I saw some clothes in m&s a few years back with a British flag on and the tagline was 'inspired by British design' and the clothes were made in Asia. The tagline may well have meant they weren't designed here either!

#1049 StanBarrett2

StanBarrett2

• 1,021 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 17:07

Does anybody really care where the effing h*ll the damn cans are made ?

#1050 FLB

FLB

• 9,773 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 17:21

Does anybody really care where the effing h*ll the damn cans are made ?

Well, obviously, they (i.e. Rich Energy) do. Or they wouldn't be using it in their marketing approach.