* * * - - 4 votes

What is 'Rich Energy'?

• Please log in to reply
1204 replies to this topic

#1051 NotAPineapple

NotAPineapple

• 195 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 17:29

Does anybody really care where the effing h*ll the damn cans are made ?

No-one, but that's the whole point. He says the cans are uk made and 90% of people will understand that as the complete drink being made in the uk.

Delibrately misleading, bit not a lie.

Advertisement

#1052 pdac

pdac

• 6,876 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 18:16

The aluminum cans may be made in the UK, but not their content.

I.e. the bottling itself (the action of mixing the ingredients and inserting the finished product) may not be done in the UK, but the cans themselves may be another matter.

Exactly. Always read what is written and nothing else.

#1053 pdac

pdac

• 6,876 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 18:21

Does anybody really care where the effing h*ll the damn cans are made ?

The authorities/regulators do if they are claimed to be made somewhere that they are not.

#1054 Counterbalance

Counterbalance

• 742 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 18:41

The authorities/regulators do if they are claimed to be made somewhere that they are not.

Then Mercedes would be in a whole load of trouble, because the last time I checked, Brackley and Brixworth aren't based in Germany.

#1055 NotAPineapple

NotAPineapple

• 195 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 19:17

Then Mercedes would be in a whole load of trouble, because the last time I checked, Brackley and Brixworth aren't based in Germany.

Last time I checked, nobody were claiming that the F1 cars were made in germany

#1056 danmills

danmills

• 859 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 19:19

It does make me laugh when people pipe in (from nowhere) in conversations to announce 'heyyy who cares' right in the middle of a 21 page discussion on everything relating to it.

I mean, who cares? *sarcasm and jest mode on with full smiles to avoid melting potential snowflakes*

#1057 New Britain

New Britain

• 1,862 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 19:51

Thank you for that! Trying to piece together the substance behind the claims.

And what interest they have in saying 'their' 50m state of the art processing plant or however they worded it. Do they (likely what you've said) hire it or have they got assets in bricks and mortar not on the books from previous years?

If Rich Energy Limited has any share in that £50m state-of-the-art processing plant, their grand total of £17,676 in reported "Tangible Assets" would not go very far - probably about four urinals in die Herrentoiletten.

#1058 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 18,691 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 20:02

Well, obviously, they (i.e. Rich Energy) do. Or they wouldn't be using it in their marketing approach.

Think the are not using it in their marketing approach, I do however some here in their infatuation with Rich Energy have made it something for them to care about. And no need to quote the cans as a reply, I can read and they make no claim that the cans are made in the UK.

:cool:

#1059 Nathan

Nathan

• 4,555 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 20:17

Think the are not using it in their marketing approach...I can read and they make no claim that the cans are made in the UK.

https://richenergy.com/company/ Give the 4th paragraph a second read.

Advertisement

#1060 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 8,739 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 20:39

In the UK I think someone could apply the Trade Descriptions Act to it, and there is some EU regulation to a similar effect too as I believe some of that legislation had to supercede the initial UK one.

#1061 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 18,691 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 21:10

https://richenergy.com/company/ Give the 4th paragraph a second read.

"Whilst our recipe is a closely guarded secret, we have a cutting edge £50m manufacturing facility and our cans are made in the UK. We have the highest available certification in the EU and US and the lowest sugar content possible whilst maintaining the balance of taurine and caffeine to deliver genuine energy performance."

:cool: 

#1062 pdac

pdac

• 6,876 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 21:35

I didn't say they would do anything - just that they would be the ones who would be interested.

#1063 ixnay

ixnay

• 182 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:13

They've now secured their site. Can't see their image directories now :(

#1064 danmills

danmills

• 859 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:45

Definitely following!

#1065 pdac

pdac

• 6,876 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 15:08

One thing to say is that Rich Energy are certainly getting their name out there now. So, in that respect, things are probably working well for them. The counter, though, is that their whole company is coming under much more scrutiny that I would suggest might have happened had they taken a more traditional approach to marketing. This could well be to their detriment if there is anything strange going on with the money side.

#1066 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 2,771 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 19:45

One thing to say is that Rich Energy are certainly getting their name out there now. So, in that respect, things are probably working well for them. The counter, though, is that their whole company is coming under much more scrutiny that I would suggest might have happened had they taken a more traditional approach to marketing. This could well be to their detriment if there is anything strange going on with the money side.

That this sponsor deal gets there name out is no surprise. But is it more than any other new title sponsor would get? With some extra and surprising actions they could have gotten for very little money and effort much more PR imo. I have not seen anything fan related for instance, that could all be in play now. Find the 10 cans with VIP gp ticket for instance.

If they have the 90 million cans atm. distributed it's late, but could still be on time for start season. But I doubt they will have it organized like I think would be optimal to profit maximal from this sponsor deal. It should be by now or in next 2 weeks in every western country and with extra promo at every selling point.

It's what I fail to see. A new website online that's far from what might be expected after 3 too 6 month preparation at minimal. Making big claims at the livery lounge but new website doesn't ship outside UK.

If I would have been one of the investors I would be not happy with such amateurish appearance. What have they done past half year if product is still not in the EU/WW and they can't produce for such important launge a website better than 5 pages half empty?

The huge profit is only possible with huge sales. For huge sales you at least have to be available at selling points. Small sales hardly bring profit because the fixed costs and reduced price by higher production. But to accomplish that you need a team of professionals or being able to outsource it to external professionals (reduces profit margin). The production is outsourced. By the looks of it on new shopping website, the distribution is at least partly in own hands. If I look at portfolio website maker, it's just the local (relative young) website maker around the corner. The PR seems to be in own hands. If they have outsourced part of the distribution, most logic would be they also don't have needed knowledge and manpower for a international PR campaign, so they should outsource that also if what is produced until now is maximal they can produce in house.

Distribution without PR material and display deals, etc. hasn't optimal effect, PR without distribution same. Without both far from optimal it's just a shame of the missed opportunities for me.

If they have the budget to be team sponsor, they should be smart enough, well funded enough, prepared enough to arrange and foresee that. It's a nice study case to follow while it happens to see how this all plays out.

Just pups up, what if brand would be bought by one of the other brands like monster, than he played it all excellent and without any unneeded expenses. The other brands can easy take it in their product line and with the sponsor deal linked too it, it could be a nice ("cheap") buy in comparison when brand runs a year and is ww distributed.

#1067 Nathan

Nathan

• 4,555 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 21:01

I'm of the opinion the brands name is more important than the product (granted long-term they are more hand-in-hand).  I still think he is investing in the brand in hopes additional investment rolls out the product on a mass scale.  The fact is all this scrutiny keeps Rich Energy in the limelight and the negatively only revolves around speculation instead of fact. 

Edited by Nathan, 10 February 2019 - 21:02.

#1068 Stephane

Stephane

• 1,703 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 21:04

They still need to sell a product to get money.

#1069 Sterzo

Sterzo

• 946 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 21:56

I'm of the opinion the brands name is more important than the product (granted long-term they are more hand-in-hand).  I still think he is investing in the brand in hopes additional investment rolls out the product on a mass scale.  The fact is all this scrutiny keeps Rich Energy in the limelight and the negatively only revolves around speculation instead of fact. 

Agreed. The product is just a bit of fizz in a tin and, as Red Bull have shown, it's entirely about marketing.

#1070 New Britain

New Britain

• 1,862 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 23:04

They still need to sell a product to get money.

And they need money to continue the sponsorship....

#1071 BalanceUT

BalanceUT

• 1,523 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 23:30

Judging from what I see on the new version of the Richenergy.com site, it appears that Rich Energy is setting up to buy Haas F1 Team... I don't want that to be the case... but Rich Energy is acting a lot like they are the F1 team, not Haas. 

Of course, they also are acting a lot like they sell a lot of cans of energy drink... 

Edited by BalanceUT, 10 February 2019 - 23:31.

#1072 loki

loki

• 5,233 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:49

I don't see them angling to buy the F1 team.  I doubt the FIA would accept the entry.  Looks like they're pimping whatever they can get from the sponsorship.  Maybe this is the big launch.  Or maybe not.

#1073 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 6,418 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:08

Even from its title, this thread is like the question to a bizarre, constantly-evolving Jeopardy answer no-one saw coming. :lol:

Edited by Afterburner, 11 February 2019 - 04:14.

#1074 Alburaq

Alburaq

• 1,832 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:40

Speaking to RaceFans at the presentation of Haas’s livery at the Royal Automobile Club in London last week Storey dismissed fears the company may be forced to alter its logo.

“I have no concerns whatsoever,” said Storey. “I won’t use the word ‘nonsense’ but it’s really without foundation.”

https://www.racefans...-row-over-logo/

#1075 RSRally

RSRally

• 682 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:06

Interesting titbit fron that story is that Beardy opposed an attempt by ATB to register the logo in 2017.

#1076 New Britain

New Britain

• 1,862 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:08

The article says this:

Storey opposed an attempt by ATB to register one mark in 2017.

Assuming that the statement is correct, is it possible that, although as we know Whyte were using their logo years before, ATB/Whyte had not bothered to register it before Rich began using "their own" version?

#1077 ensign14

ensign14

• 47,440 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:35

Possibly a category thing.  If ATB was planning to move into drinks, say.

#1078 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 8,913 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:07

Storey tells a lot of Stories that are at best scraping the truth.

#1079 Maustinsj

Maustinsj

• 4,277 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:01

Is he a tall Storey?

Advertisement

#1080 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 12,988 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:06

I don't see that happening.  The guy has one of the most successful machine tool manufacturing operations in the world, a state of the art wind tunnel facility and two racing teams that are doing well in their own right.  He doesn't need to be investing in a small time operation like Rich Energy.  This is about getting cash to support one of the racing teams.  With Haas Automation being a sponsor the money still would eventually come out of Gene's pocket.  He's gotten great exposure outside the US but have sales of the tools matched the marketing expense?  If they haven't anything extra would essentially be coming from his pocket in terms of potential profit that the race team consumes.  Depending on what this deal is worth between the FOM money and the deal he could realistically cover most of the expenses and bring the tool company sponsorship/outlay into something more than a money hole for a branding exercise.

You raise fair points but note I was raising possibilities rather than definitives! 

Edited by Rinehart, 11 February 2019 - 11:07.

#1081 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 12,988 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:19

I meant the forum in general, it was a joke at your expense about your wacky postings.

I don't have an opinion on a soft-drink sponsor beyond 'the car looks cool or not'. Any time you invest into 'investigating' Rich Energy is.. special time.

:rotfl:

#1082 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 12,988 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:30

They haven't claimed the DRINK is made in the UK, have they?

#1083 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 12,988 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:31

If Rich Energy Limited has any share in that £50m state-of-the-art processing plant, their grand total of £17,676 in reported "Tangible Assets" would not go very far - probably about four urinals in die Herrentoiletten.

But that is just what is listed on their UK accounts. The factory could be owned by a different business. *Just playing devils advocate here... 

#1084 Ze Bum

Ze Bum

• 423 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:13

They haven't claimed the DRINK is made in the UK, have they?

The can producer has factories all around Europe, in Austria too. Why would they transport empty cans from the UK to Austria?

#1085 New Britain

New Britain

• 1,862 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:29

But that is just what is listed on their UK accounts. The factory could be owned by a different business. *Just playing devils advocate here... 

I agree, but normally one would expect to find a connection between the shareholders. We could find no independent evidence of Brandsellers Holdings Ltd's existing, and the only other material shareholder is Storey. It is still possible that this whole thing truly is as Storey would want us to believe, but considering the scale on which Storey and Rich Energy Limited's PR claim the company operates, one would expect a substantial amount of affirmative evidence, rather than none (apart from someone at Haas saying that some money has changed hands).

Edited by New Britain, 11 February 2019 - 12:29.

#1086 danmills

danmills

• 859 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 13:40

Which is where other investors may lie, or parent companies / lenders? It's safer to have investment in bricks and mortar to back their money up than funding a hypothetical enterprise that seemingly has a very low physical output and product so far. Though there would be a trace of bricks and mortar under at least one of the companies he is known to be associated with; unless we are looking and simply don't know.

What became of that Croatian link? Did that trail end? RE only has an account registered since 2015. That is nothing, only half the time of how long we've known they have been around. The canning and other reports and logo archives show the brand (and possible the concept product) existed in 2010. So in those 5 starting years, what was the parent company known as? What other variations of RE are registered?

Could they have been / still be running under a european company which we can't find? And under RE as the breakaway?

I still believe WS is a clever and charismatic man (although very mysterious and amateur in the handling of some things - perhaps the way of being a one man band). There is definitely more below the surface to this, his ties to something we have yet to uncover or his pocket of power people he has been able to convince with his trust. That alone is strong. I am interested in his earlier links to the Italian bloke that works in fashion / food (Carlo Vagliasindi) as that seems to be the point at which he went from being a Tech man to what is likely the start of RE and its ideas. If it is the same person, it looks like CV is also keen to promote the whole 'high end ingredients' thing for an ice cream shop in, of all places, Richmond.

Sound familiar? Something to consider, the guy could be a big inspiration or heavy influencer.

Edited by danmills, 11 February 2019 - 14:12.

#1087 RSRally

RSRally

• 682 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 13:52

I still believe WS is a clever and charismatic man (although very mysterious). There is definitely more below the surface to this, his ties to something we have yet to uncover.

He does seem to have a lot of connections in the boxing community, including some quite big names. I've seen him named as a manager in some Google links. His previous business (danielistyle) was a short lived high-end fashion brand for which he used boxers as models, including Gennady Golovkin. I was thinking today, with all this Mission Winnow type bollox that Ferrari and McLaren are engaging in, at least Rich Energy actually have a tangible brand and product to promote and not just corporate bullshit speak!

Edited by RSRally, 11 February 2019 - 13:54.

#1088 danmills

danmills

• 859 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 13:53

I agree, but normally one would expect to find a connection between the shareholders. We could find no independent evidence of Brandsellers Holdings Ltd's existing, and the only other material shareholder is Storey. It is still possible that this whole thing truly is as Storey would want us to believe, but considering the scale on which Storey and Rich Energy Limited's PR claim the company operates, one would expect a substantial amount of affirmative evidence, rather than none (apart from someone at Haas saying that some money has changed hands).

It seems that either the hype is built on some degree of (quite big and upscaled) fibbing; or their is something not being told fully about the history. It's fascinating really.

#1089 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 437 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 16:28

Rokit is the next new paddock sponsor that is a bit iffy. Looks like they’ve never sold anything yet, but they’re sponsoring Williams F1 team.

#1090 New Britain

New Britain

• 1,862 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 17:36

Rokit is the next new paddock sponsor that is a bit iffy. Looks like they’ve never sold anything yet, but they’re sponsoring Williams F1 team.

True, but I think the differences are that, whereas Williams requires a bigger budget because it designs more of its own cars, and at the same time it does not have an internal source of funding, Haas does not require as big a budget but is more able to fund itself. I.e., Williams Racing needs money more than Haas Racing does. If Rich Energy turns out to be an emperor wearing nothing but a small aluminium can on a string, it will be no big deal - in more ways than one.

#1091 Counterbalance

Counterbalance

• 742 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:04

wFuQ7t5.jpg

#1092 Peat

Peat

• 3,600 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:52

What became of that Croatian link? Did that trail end? RE only has an account registered since 2015. That is nothing, only half the time of how long we've known they have been around. The canning and other reports and logo archives show the brand (and possible the concept product) existed in 2010. So in those 5 starting years, what was the parent company known as? What other variations of RE are registered?

My guess is that it is the same RE, and probably the same people at the very top. 

This is Rich Energy 2.0. The Croatian/US drink obviously never caught on, the branding and marketing looked very cheap. I think Storey is probably an employee or shareholder overseeing the rebrand claiming it to be British. Throw enough extretia and something is bound to stick. 

Even with all the new eyes on it, the Instagram 'marketing' remains the same. They posted an image lifted directly from a Moroccan holiday villas website last night. 

#1093 Alburaq

Alburaq

• 1,832 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:16

https://i.imgur.com/wFuQ7t5.jpg]https://i.imgur.com/wFuQ7t5.jpg

:lol: ...oh wait  :lol:

Edited by Alburaq, 12 February 2019 - 09:17.

#1094 Peat

Peat

• 3,600 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:22

Ha, I only just got that on second glance.  :clap:

#1095 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 12,988 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:02

It seems that either the hype is built on some degree of (quite big and upscaled) fibbing; or their is something not being told fully about the history. It's fascinating really.

Quite obviously a lot of the story (pun intended) is not revealed at this point! We don't even know how or where the Haas sponsorship was funded or what mechanism. That's a big piece of the jigsaw. WS also said, "we OWN a £50m production facility"... not "we USE". We "OWN". He's been pretty cryptic and clever about many of his statements such as "we manufacture the CANS in the UK" (not "the DRINKS"), but on this point he has been explicit, we "OWN" a factory. I wonder why he said that.

#1096 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 12,988 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:03

I don't know if I can handle another on of these intriguing stories in my life right now! 

#1097 GiorgioF1

GiorgioF1

• 561 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 14:09

Just because many people dont understand anything about ROKiT strategy and their owners and the only argument is that "they've never sold anything yet" doesnt mean that they need to be called "a bit iffy" etc. This is Williams - the team who almost always scores long-term title deals and are always very cautious with dealing with potential sponsors.

John Paul DeJoria has signed on as the newest investor in Circuit of the Americas. One of the owners of ROKiT also sponsored not only endurance prototypes, but also GT cars. They are the current sponsor of Nicolas Hamilton. They sponsor top NBA and NHL team. Funders of ROKiT are multibillionaires.

"Mr Kendrick's interest in motorsport dates back to his teenage years when he worked for Goodyear Racing and he later secured the European rights of the then unknown Yokohama Tyres before moving into the mobile phone sector.

As part of the Williams trackside team, Mr Kendrick engineered the tyres of Alan Jones' race car at the 1978 Argentine Grand Prix in Buenos Aires."

https://www.birmingh...1-deal-15815409

If someone is comparing ROKiT to the company of some shady bearded man then they don't have a clue what they are talking about and are only doing this because - after RE - dissing an unknown to them new companies (especially on this hemisphere) seems to be the thing right now.

#1098 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 8,739 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 16:32

Just because many people dont understand anything about ROKiT strategy and their owners and the only argument is that "they've never sold anything yet" doesnt mean that they need to be called "a bit iffy" etc. This is Williams - the team who almost always scores long-term title deals and are always very cautious with dealing with potential sponsors.

John Paul DeJoria has signed on as the newest investor in Circuit of the Americas. One of the owners of ROKiT also sponsored not only endurance prototypes, but also GT cars. They are the current sponsor of Nicolas Hamilton. They sponsor top NBA and NHL team. Funders of ROKiT are multibillionaires.

"Mr Kendrick's interest in motorsport dates back to his teenage years when he worked for Goodyear Racing and he later secured the European rights of the then unknown Yokohama Tyres before moving into the mobile phone sector.

As part of the Williams trackside team, Mr Kendrick engineered the tyres of Alan Jones' race car at the 1978 Argentine Grand Prix in Buenos Aires."

https://www.birmingh...1-deal-15815409

If someone is comparing ROKiT to the company of some shady bearded man then they don't have a clue what they are talking about and are only doing this because - after RE - dissing an unknown to them new companies (especially on this hemisphere) seems to be the thing right now.

This also perhaps gives some credence to the story that Williams were serious about working with RE until they asked for proof of funding, at which point RE left to go to Haas who allegedly were only asking for half what Williams were demanding, and seemingly also didn't need much proof it existed...

DeJoria has history with motorsport sponsorship, having been a co-founder of Patron Tequila and with Ed Brown as their CEO having a major role in sportscar racing in America until the company was sold to Bacardi...

Williams have a history of good due diligence on sponsors, at least on the face of it anyway. The ROKiT investors at least have a lot more tangible personal capital than Storey and Rich, no matter if he says one of the West Ham Dildo Brothers is now a backer...

Edited by DanardiF1, 12 February 2019 - 16:36.

#1099 Mohican

Mohican

• 1,477 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 19:50

I hope that you are right, for Williams’ sake, but there is a huge difference between ROKit’s shareholders having money and the company having any.

So let’s hope the contract is with Mr DeJoria personally, or guaranteed by him; otherwise it ain’t worth nothing.

Advertisement

#1100 sniper80

sniper80

• 853 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 20:12

Has anyone seen Rich Energy in stores yet? According to a friend, it's sold in the UK? I don't get this impression in this thread though...