* * * * - 16 votes

What is 'Rich Energy'?

• Please log in to reply
5706 replies to this topic

#1101 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 668 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 20:20

Nope. I was in a store today which if Rich wanted to have stock their drink they easily could. There were many other variety’s, some of which I’ve never heard of either. Looked as ‘premium’ as a can of rich would...

Advertisement

#1102 BRG

BRG

• 16,862 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 20:39

wFuQ7t5.jpg

Aha!  So it's Romain's turn to hold THE sole can of Rich Energy.  You will note that he hasn't been allowed to actually OPEN it.  Who gets it next. I wonder?

#1103 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 9,608 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 21:32

I hope that you are right, for Williams’ sake, but there is a huge difference between ROKit’s shareholders having money and the company having any.

So let’s hope the contract is with Mr DeJoria personally, or guaranteed by him; otherwise it ain’t worth nothing.

That's true, but I guess the expectation is that they are much more capable of personally guaranteeing the money than Rich are...

#1104 NikL

NikL

• 155 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 22:07

I have to say its very concerning we now have 2 teams with title sponsors that are unknown and whos products you cannot buy or will struggle to buy. If anything goes wrong with these deals i.e non payment later in the year this will be a serious problem and very embarrassing for the teams and F1. I will be very surprised if we get to the end of the year without some major issue with one or both sponsors.

#1105 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,920 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 22:20

I have to say its very concerning we now have 2 teams with title sponsors that are unknown and whos products you cannot buy or will struggle to buy. If anything goes wrong with these deals i.e non payment later in the year this will be a serious problem and very embarrassing for the teams and F1. I will be very surprised if we get to the end of the year without some major issue with one or both sponsors.

No panic, for sure for Haas not, but don't expect any at William's either. I see it as positive that it's seen as global advertising starting point. Zalando had same or more PR budget at start, they placed it in massive advertising on in TV ads.

#1106 Counterbalance

Counterbalance

• 984 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 22:46

Aha! So it's Romain's turn to hold THE sole can of Rich Energy. You will note that he hasn't been allowed to actually OPEN it. Who gets it next. I wonder?

Look a bit more closely...

#1107 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,860 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 22:50

Don't forget EyeTime! Which is apparently the only app I'll ever need.

#1108 loki

loki

• 5,826 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 23:30

I hope that you are right, for Williams’ sake, but there is a huge difference between ROKit’s shareholders having money and the company having any.

So let’s hope the contract is with Mr DeJoria personally, or guaranteed by him; otherwise it ain’t worth nothing.

DeJoria is a known quantity much like Lawrence Stroll is.  Paul Mitchell hair and skin products, Patron Tequila.  Depending on what you read they both have about the same net worth.  If he's involved it's not a hinky operation.  It's the real deal.  Now that over the last few years phones have become untethered from contracts (much like it's been overseas for the last couple of decades) there is a pretty good demand for low cost, feature rich phones that aren't bound to a carrier.  I'd say that's a better play in the US than an energy drink.  Jonathan Kendrick is also involved.  He's a reputable entrepreneur himself.  They also run a publicly traded booze and water company that's been going for a while.   http://rokstars.com

#1109 jammerjamming

jammerjamming

• 14 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:31

According to the U.S. site, a club in downtown indy has the drinks. I have personally been to revel nightclub during the MotoGP weekend, and a few other times while i was working there. I just asked a friend of mine to walk down the block, from a bar she works at, to snag a can of the drink and send me a snapchat of it. We will see shortly if the club actually has some in stock or even knows about the brand as they are listed on the locations part of the U.S. website.....

*cue the jaws theme music*

#1110 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 13,575 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:34

Don't forget EyeTime! Which is apparently the only app I'll ever need.

Rather than it being all worrisome, I'm impressed that F1 appears to have attracted BAT, Rich, Rockit, Eyetime and Sport Pesa as major sponsors over the winter. Does anyone have a good reason for this? I understand a bit about each of the individual deals, but for the field to land 3 new title sponsors and 2 major backers over the winter is unprecedented in recent times. Either the rate cards have taken a bath or there is some data that says something Liberty is doing is working...

#1111 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,920 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:45

Rather than it being all worrisome, I'm impressed that F1 appears to have attracted BAT, Rich, Rockit, Eyetime and Sport Pesa as major sponsors over the winter. Does anyone have a good reason for this? I understand a bit about each of the individual deals, but for the field to land 3 new title sponsors and 2 major backers over the winter is unprecedented in recent times. Either the rate cards have taken a bath or there is some data that says something Liberty is doing is working...

I think the teams adjusted their prices market comfort and stopped asking too high prices.
Just like others mentioned, the choice for global sponsoring for brand/companies increased a lot in last 5/10 years and by that, price should decreas, but that's hard to except for receiving party.

#1112 Silberpfeil

Silberpfeil

• 541 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:19

Reply 1,111, I think.

Meanwhile, in Montmeló… https://twitter.com/...5855064070?s=21

Also, I think Rich Energy have raised their prices on Amazon from the last price I can remember.. 24 cans now cost £30, which, including conversion rate, is still not quite in Red Bull territory where I live, but the same price they currently have in their shop system.

And speaking of the shop, they now have an actual picture of their, and I quote, £25 “Premium Cap!” Never mind the fact that the material they used makes it look more like a tourist trap FDNY knockoff than anything else. No updated pictures on the other items, though.

#1113 Peat

Peat

• 4,421 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:21

Made in a #luxury sweatshop, no doubt. 

#britishbrandfromcroatia

#1114 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 28,098 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:38

We are entering a new golden age of F1 teams signing sponsors whose businesses I don't understand.

#1115 midgrid

midgrid
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,599 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:43

We are entering a new golden age of F1 teams signing sponsors whose businesses I don't understand.

You should have invested with Moneytron - it has all the answers!

#1116 F1 Mike

F1 Mike

• 653 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:57

What if Liberty is subbing these companies to appear on the cars in the hope other sponsors will start to believe F1 is worth looking at again?

On a side note I think there's going to be a new era of tobacco companies investing in sponsorship to promote smoking alternatives. The time is right for them to cash in on the former smokers who have switched to vaping and other similar smoking replacements

#1117 pdac

pdac

• 8,134 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 14:09

What if Liberty is subbing these companies to appear on the cars in the hope other sponsors will start to believe F1 is worth looking at again?

On a side note I think there's going to be a new era of tobacco companies investing in sponsorship to promote smoking alternatives. The time is right for them to cash in on the former smokers who have switched to vaping and other similar smoking replacements

I think some teams might have something to say about other teams getting sponsors who have been subsidised by Liberty. I can't see Liberty wanting to cause friction there, so I don't think this is a possibility.

#1118 7MGTEsup

7MGTEsup

• 2,138 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 14:35

Aha!  So it's Romain's turn to hold THE sole can of Rich Energy.  You will note that he hasn't been allowed to actually OPEN it.  Who gets it next. I wonder?

Where are the other 89,999,999 cans though?

#1119 danmills

danmills

• 1,192 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 14:47

In the boot of my car rattling about.

Advertisement

#1120 pdac

pdac

• 8,134 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 15:39

Big boot or small cans.

#1121 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 668 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 16:45

T-Minus was 20yrs ahead of their time

#1122 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,860 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 17:13

T-Minus was 20yrs ahead of their time

Maybe they're still around, about to launch a deadline-focussed, multi-platform, business-to-consumer relationship solution based on a sequential temporal notification strategy?

Edited by Afterburner, 13 February 2019 - 17:15.

#1123 jstrains

jstrains

• 2,798 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 17:28

What is wrong about the Romain picture? I do not get it.

#1124 stewie

stewie

• 3,048 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 18:05

What is wrong about the Romain picture? I do not get it.

Look at the photo behind him. And think more funny than wrong.

#1125 Pete_f1

Pete_f1

• 1,393 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 18:19

Has the picture on the wall been photoshopped?

#1126 Counterbalance

Counterbalance

• 984 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 18:34

Has the picture on the wall been photoshopped?

Yep, it's from Spa 2012 when Grosjean (ironically driving a black and gold Lotus) was subsequently banned for a race for dangerous driving).

I can't claim credit for the image, but it just goes to show how many people don't see the bigger picture, all pun intended as per the caption.

Just like intangible assets aren't real assets as used as an argument in this thread. Tell that to the dude who owns Facebook! :)

#1127 loki

loki

• 5,826 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 18:36

Where are the other 89,999,999 cans though?

Here maybe?

https://www.wfla.com...ampa/1773674526

#1128 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,920 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 18:48

Here maybe?

https://www.wfla.com...ampa/1773674526

Cant read it without VPN so wait until after desktop (this EU sensorchip (they call it data protection) law is annoying me a lot lately)

#1129 Counterbalance

Counterbalance

• 984 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 19:10

Cant read it without VPN so wait until after desktop (this EU sensorchip (they call it data protection) law is annoying me a lot lately)

Use Google's public and free dns settings:

8.8.8.8 and
8.8.4.4 respectively

Perfectly legal and free, especially if you've got a laptop with an Atheros wfif card in it which Windows 10 doesn't always recognise the SSID for your network.

Mods: If you wish to delete this post, I totally understand. Cheers.

Edited by Counterbalance, 13 February 2019 - 19:11.

#1130 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,860 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 19:52

Use Google's public and free dns settings:

8.8.8.8 and
8.8.4.4 respectively

Perfectly legal and free, especially if you've got a laptop with an Atheros wfif card in it which Windows 10 doesn't always recognise the SSID for your network.

Mods: If you wish to delete this post, I totally understand. Cheers.

I'll raise that and give you CloudFlare: 1.1.1.1

Why?

Alternatively, 1.1.1.1 does not mine any user data.

https://www.cloudfla...hat-is-1.1.1.1/

Google is incapable of saying something like that.

#1131 Maustinsj

Maustinsj

• 4,355 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 19:53

A sensorchip? Must've missed that one...

#1132 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 21,890 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 20:03

According to the U.S. site, a club in downtown indy has the drinks. I have personally been to revel nightclub during the MotoGP weekend, and a few other times while i was working there. I just asked a friend of mine to walk down the block, from a bar she works at, to snag a can of the drink and send me a snapchat of it. We will see shortly if the club actually has some in stock or even knows about the brand as they are listed on the locations part of the U.S. website.....

*cue the jaws theme music*

How did it go?

#1133 pdac

pdac

• 8,134 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 20:29

Our European visitors are important to us.

This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws.

#1134 Nathan

Nathan

• 4,984 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 21:13

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Federal Bureau of Investigation is asking for the public to come forward with information after a truck and trailer carrying $65,000 in energy drinks was stolen in Tampa.

According to the FBI, the theft occurred in the overnight hours of Feb. 2-3 in the area of East Broward Avenue and 50th Street in Tampa.

The stolen truck was recovered in Broward County on Feb. 7, but the trailer and energy drinks are still missing.

The trailer identification is LRG #5347 and the Florida license plate is #2277CS.

A reward of up to $2,000 is being offered for information leading to a successful recovery of the trailer and/or cargo.

If you have any information, call the FBI Tampa field office at 813-253-1000 or submit your tip to www.tips.fbi.gov.

#1135 BalanceUT

BalanceUT

• 1,977 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 21:25

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Federal Bureau of Investigation is asking for the public to come forward with information after a truck and trailer carrying $65,000 in energy drinks was stolen in Tampa.

According to the FBI, the theft occurred in the overnight hours of Feb. 2-3 in the area of East Broward Avenue and 50th Street in Tampa.

The stolen truck was recovered in Broward County on Feb. 7, but the trailer and energy drinks are still missing.

The trailer identification is LRG #5347 and the Florida license plate is #2277CS.

A reward of up to $2,000 is being offered for information leading to a successful recovery of the trailer and/or cargo.

If you have any information, call the FBI Tampa field office at 813-253-1000 or submit your tip to www.tips.fbi.gov.

In the business section: This (faked) story: Ball Beverage Packaging in Tampa received a substantial order for printing on cans from Formula 1 Sponsor, Rich Energy. "The check's in the mail," said the combined press release from Ball and Rich Energy (F1 Sponsor). The F1 Sponsor (Rich Energy) also announced a new initiative to improve distribution in the USA, "Details to be announced," said the press release. The F1 Sponsor is a privately held UK company that also markets energy drinks. 

#1136 danmills

danmills

• 1,192 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:18

Is this a joke?

#1137 danmills

danmills

• 1,192 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:22

Some reports are tagged monster but the articles stripped out. Unbelievable, if it turned out to be RE.

Infact, I almost want it to be true because this would fit so perfectly!

Edited by danmills, 14 February 2019 - 10:42.

#1138 Bleu

Bleu

• 2,647 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 13:29

wFuQ7t5.jpg

It must be photoshopped. Romain wouldn't be smiling like that with picture of Spa 2012 crash on the background.

#1139 JeePee

JeePee

• 2,894 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 13:33

It must be photoshopped. Romain wouldn't be smiling like that with picture of Spa 2012 crash on the background.

Ooooooooohhhh

Advertisement

#1140 GiorgioF1

GiorgioF1

• 735 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 16:01

58JE6pq.jpg

#1141 Alburaq

Alburaq

• 2,199 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 16:19

How did it go?

The shark ate her.

#1142 Pete_f1

Pete_f1

• 1,393 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 18:05

58JE6pq.jpg

Oh my good lord!

This stinks like a 3 month old dead fish!

#1143 Mat13

Mat13

• 1,769 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 18:14

58JE6pq.jpg

Did you find that Giorgio?

#1144 NoForumForOldPole

NoForumForOldPole

• 454 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 18:27

Brilliant, their social media manager is a joker (probably bearded man himself)

Edited by NoForumForOldPole, 15 February 2019 - 18:28.

#1145 Silberpfeil

Silberpfeil

• 541 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 19:01

Dear [insert random deity], they‘re hopeless.

#1146 Erwin123

Erwin123

• 368 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 19:35

I can't decide if its sadder then its stupid or the other way around.

Its unbelievable stupid/sad.

I think I have a cat here who's more intelligent then these jokers.

Let me see if I can find a picture of my cat...

Edited by Erwin123, 15 February 2019 - 19:41.

#1147 BRG

BRG

• 16,862 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 19:44

Iet me see if I can find a picture of my cat...

It better be YOUR cat, and not some random cat that you have photoshopped or simply stolen from elsewhere in the web.  We're watching, you can't fool us. 

Hey, have you heard about this luxury British energy drink - all the cool types are being photoshopped holding it.

#1148 NotAPineapple

NotAPineapple

• 321 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 19:56

Thieved images seems to be a social media strategy. This is a stolen image from a villa's booking.com page

https://twitter.com/...096051533574144

Image from "Villa Dar Moira by Sejour-Maroc"

128621053.jpg?k=5892c7691984385a9c228b7c

This is a picture pilfered from still from the Dark Night Rises filming

https://twitter.com/...895728364204034

#1149 spooneg695

spooneg695

• 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 19:58

https://www.southfra...eps-14-weddings

They stole this picture fro their Feb 11th post about the "perfect venue for an evening cocktail"

Wonder when this is all going to topple over for them...

#1150 spooneg695

spooneg695

• 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 20:00

Thieved images seems to be a social media strategy. This is a stolen image from a villa's booking.com page

https://twitter.com/...096051533574144

Image from "Villa Dar Moira by Sejour-Maroc"

128621053.jpg?k=5892c7691984385a9c228b7c

This is a picture pilfered from still from the Dark Night Rises filming

https://twitter.com/...895728364204034

Looks like you found the original source, unbelievable that a company could do this and get away with it. The whole thing seems like such a scam.