* * * * - 16 votes

What is 'Rich Energy'?

• Please log in to reply
5720 replies to this topic

#1201 Barge

Barge

• 27 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 19:35

Watch out for pending new Forum member, TheBeardedOne. Based in Richmond and ambitions to be a Billionaire. Wonder who that could be?

Advertisement

#1202 BalanceUT

BalanceUT

• 1,977 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 19:40

Awesome! That pic got one more Like on Instagram! 

#1203 Widefoot2

Widefoot2

• 418 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:20

Gandalf has really let himself go...

#1204 taran

taran

• 3,100 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:13

You know, I don’t know if Rich Energy is a scam, a misguided wannabe trying to rub shoulders with the fast and glamourous or just a genuine but incompetent entrepreneur but I rather hope it is the latter and that somehow it all goes as well as possible and that he actually sells his 9, 90,000 or 9 million cans.

Because that would mean that F1 is still a valid marketing platform.

#1205 Sterzo

Sterzo

• 1,343 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:44

Watch out for pending new Forum member, TheBeardedOne. Based in Richmond and ambitions to be a Billionaire. Wonder who that could be?

I notice this is your first post, Barge. You couldn't be....

#1206 RSRally

RSRally

• 954 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:15

You know, I don’t know if Rich Energy is a scam, a misguided wannabe trying to rub shoulders with the fast and glamourous or just a genuine but incompetent entrepreneur but I rather hope it is the latter and that somehow it all goes as well as possible and that he actually sells his 9, 90,000 or 9 million cans.

Because that would mean that F1 is still a valid marketing platform.

Actually getting some cans in some shops might help though!

#1207 BRG

BRG

• 16,870 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 19:24

Actually getting some cans in some shops might help though!

You aren't in tune with their (his) strategic ethic.  Premium quality, luxury brands aren't to be found in mere shops. You don't find Jimmy Choo's in Shoezone or Rolex at Poundland.  Rich Energy will only be sold in boutiques, probably in Bond Street or on Fifth Avenue.

That's Bond Street in Todmorden and Fifth Avenue in Runcorn, of course.  ;)

#1208 Grippy

Grippy

• 67 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 20:40

The thread that keeps on giving.

"...Formula One has been the nadir of sports branding ever since Bernie Ecclestone took commercial control in the early 80's and we are delighted to be continuing our association within this arena ..."

I'm not sure 'nadir' means what he thinks it means (or maybe it does..) :rotfl:

https://www.linkedin...-william-storey

#1209 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,862 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 21:26

I swear this whole thing feels like a publicity stunt orchestrated by Liberty Media and we'll see augmented reality Rich Energy cans all over the place on the Australia broadcast, followed by snarky tweets from FOM like, "Did you notice the Rich Energy can on the trackside wall when the Turn 3 marshals went yellow for Grosjean's accident?"

#1210 NikL

NikL

• 155 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:17

lS04Ipt.jpg

#1211 Claudius

Claudius

• 3,407 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:27

Your example is obviously correct. But your attitude and DanardiF1 shows IMO that you miss the historical aspect to this behaviour.

Chinese have a long memory and as a people, they remember perfectly well how their country had been brutally exploited by Western countries and Japan with total disregard for their own laws and courts in previous centuries.

Now we can argue that what happened then should not be relevant today but strangely enough that argument is usually used by the descendants of the people who committed the crimes. And who are currently still benefitting from that exploitation as in much of Great Britain’s current wealth and industrial capacity was built on the exploitation of India and China and there is very little appetite for restitution. Great Britain won’t even give stolen cultural items back (Koh-i-Noor, Parthenon Marbles).

So yes, the Chinese don’t particularly care about Western property rights and care little for Western laws and courts. They learned their lesson well.     

This isn't the right place to discuss your "historical" aspects.

Take it to the Paddock club.

#1212 taran

taran

• 3,100 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:40

This isn't the right place to discuss your "historical" aspects.

Take it to the Paddock club.

???

If someone raises the issue of Chinese not respecting copyrights, I consider it a fair rebuttal to mention why they don't. Nothing "historical" about that.

It is a discussion forum after all. And not all of us wants to join the Paddock club.

But feel free to ignore my post. I'll ignore your "suggestion".

#1213 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • RC Forum Host

• 19,613 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:47

Unfortunately, discussions of a non-racing nature belong in the Paddock Club. Any more OT posts in Racing Comments will be removed.

#1214 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 13,579 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:22

Unfortunately, discussions of a non-racing nature belong in the Paddock Club. Any more OT posts in Racing Comments will be removed.

Isn't this entire thread of a non-racing nature?

#1215 pdac

pdac

• 8,134 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:48

This thread is about a multi-national corporation and their sponsoring an F1 team. F1 teams go racing. So it's about racing.

#1216 BiggestBuddyLazierFan

BiggestBuddyLazierFan

• 503 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 13:21

This thread is about a multi-national corporation and their sponsoring an F1 team. F1 teams go racing. So it's about racing.

Multi National corporation!?

I thought Rich Energy is bearded man's hobby

#1217 RA2

RA2

• 1,180 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 15:19

As per Joe Saward podcast, has have recieved bank guarantees from Rich.

#1218 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 10,665 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 15:49

Non-paying sponsors are not without precedent.  A sponsor called "ICS Smartcard" struck not just once but twice in the Australian Touring Car Championship, both times the decal swiftly fell off the cars after non-payment leaving the competitor in a lurch.  :drunk:

#1219 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • RC Forum Host

• 19,613 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 17:59

It’s about an F1 team’s title sponsor. That’s more than suitable for Racing Comments.

Advertisement

#1220 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,920 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 18:04

I would put them in a google reverse image search.

#1221 pdac

pdac

• 8,134 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 18:09

He moves around.

#1222 pdac

pdac

• 8,134 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 18:12

Ah, the money is guaranteed from Beardybank (just hasn't arrived yet).

#1223 noikeee

noikeee

• 15,834 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 18:18

At this stage I reckon we should do a little game of how long is this sponsorship going to last.

My guess is 15 races. Late mid-season sounds the right time for sponsorship to (not so) mysteriously disappear off the cars.

#1224 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 20,451 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 18:33

I am back to not being quite as cynical... and once again lean towards all visuals to the contrary they will last the full season.

:cool:

#1225 Grippy

Grippy

• 67 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 18:38

There are definitely a number of large money men behind him, which makes me wonder why the front end seems so amateur in comparison, and what they are therefore getting out of it. To me there just seems a lot more publicity than product at this time. Maybe it's all a sort of reverse-troll and I'll have to eat my words soon, but at this point I'm unlikely to buy a can even if I see one.

#1226 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 20,451 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 18:49

There are definitely a number of large money men behind him, which makes me wonder why the front end seems so amateur in comparison, and what they are therefore getting out of it. To me there just seems a lot more publicity than product at this time. Maybe it's all a sort of reverse-troll and I'll have to eat my words soon, but at this point I'm unlikely to buy a can even if I see one.

Initial step to buy out Haas? Did he not rumble about things having to change if he were to stay sometime last year after the summer break? Rich Energy did want to buy Force India.

#1227 absinthedude

absinthedude

• 817 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 19:53

I seem to remember a rather large company called "Coca Cola" agreed to sponsor a team run by a former World Champion....only to back out at the last minute. So being a well known company and even associating with a WDC doesn't always work out.

Rich Energy is enigmatic for sure, and I do wonder if that's what their USP is....."We're a bit mysterious." I'd imagine Gene Haas knows what he's doing with regard to business deals, however. We've had mysterious sponsors before...Essex Petroleum, anyone? 

#1228 loki

loki

• 5,826 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 23:05

Initial step to buy out Haas? Did he not rumble about things having to change if he were to stay sometime last year after the summer break? Rich Energy did want to buy Force India.

He's never made any direct threats to leave unlike Ferrari, Mercedes or Red Bull.  It's posturing just like the others.  Rich Energy didn't get to buy the Force India assets because there wasn't a solid plan for operational funding.

#1229 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 20,451 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 23:46

He's never made any direct threats to leave unlike Ferrari, Mercedes or Red Bull.  It's posturing just like the others.  Rich Energy didn't get to buy the Force India assets because there wasn't a solid plan for operational funding.

This 'threat' thing can not be taken seriously when Ferrari, and Mercedes and Red Bull can just leave without me blinking an eye, nor should Liberty of FIA blink and eye. I did not say Haas threatened anything.

#1230 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 20,451 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 23:48

Any 'threat' to leave from anyone should be ignored by Liberty and FIA, they can just leave and be replaced with someone who wants to play.

#1231 RA2

RA2

• 1,180 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:25

Wish Rich came around a few years back, FOM could have sold them Manor or Caterham.

Still I hope he visits Leafield technical centre with Peter Windsor and tempt us all with the 11 th team

Edited by RA2, 26 February 2019 - 11:42.

#1232 pdac

pdac

• 8,134 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:42

Any 'threat' to leave from anyone should be ignored by Liberty and FIA, they can just leave and be replaced with someone who wants to play.

This tactic seems to be working for the EU

(psss, don't mention the 'B' word).

#1233 danmills

danmills

• 1,192 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 13:21

HAAS01.jpg

#1234 danmills

danmills

• 1,192 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 14:18

Wow, they just upped their price of a tray of 24 from £20 to £30.

That's a 150% jump on the back of the HAAS deal.

Absolutely ridiculous really, and we all thought £20 a tray was a lot for a new brand with no real identity. Bunch of monkeys.

You can get a 24 pack of Monster, a much more well known brand in cans TWICE the size at 500ml for only £25 delivered.

Edited by danmills, 26 February 2019 - 14:19.

#1235 7MGTEsup

7MGTEsup

• 2,143 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 14:18

Do we think there will be more than one can appearing in Australia? Perhaps some samples handed out to fans so they can be photographed with them?

#1236 Stephane

Stephane

• 2,146 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 14:27

But Monster is just a normal energy drink, not a luxury one.

#1237 danmills

danmills

• 1,192 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 14:28

Do we think there will be more than one can appearing in Australia? Perhaps some samples handed out to fans so they can be photographed with them?

That makes too much marketing sense to actually happen. But for the sake of 20 crates, the media buzz and jokes would be more valuable than anything they have shunted out so far.

#1238 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 9,440 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 14:41

Wow, they just upped their price of a tray of 24 from £20 to £30.

That's a 150% jump on the back of the HAAS deal.

Absolutely ridiculous really, and we all thought £20 a tray was a lot for a new brand with no real identity. Bunch of monkeys.

You can get a 24 pack of Monster, a much more well known brand in cans TWICE the size at 500ml for only £25 delivered.

The half dozen Autosport denizens who’ve brought trays must have cleared them out, and they’re upping the price to discourage anyone from buying the half dozen empty cans Haas sticks in the back of the garage.

#1239 BalanceUT

BalanceUT

• 1,977 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 15:53

Can't it be both? 

Advertisement

#1240 BiggestBuddyLazierFan

BiggestBuddyLazierFan

• 503 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 16:01

Can't it be both?

Well one man can not be multinational

Infact it can. If his Mother is from england and father from bermuda or somewhere.

Do we know bearded man nationality?

#1241 danmills

danmills

• 1,192 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 16:07

Richmond UK, innit.

Though I actually imagine him being Irish, before I'd ever seen an interview. He has that vibe.

#1242 danmills

danmills

• 1,192 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 16:18

''Rock Point Leisure and premium energy drink company Rich Energy have signed an exclusive UK distribution agreement...

...Rock Point leisure which does not currently have any operating sites - said the two companies shared an ethos of valuing cow dung high-quality products..''

https://www.morninga...stribution-deal

and recently

https://www.foodmanu...-drink-contract

Despite the alleged logistics and supply dealings, it's still not that easy to find. They've made it so exclusive I think even Storey himself has only seen a can three times since he invented the idea.

Edited by danmills, 26 February 2019 - 16:19.

#1243 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 668 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 16:28

The government have also signed a post-Brexit agreement with Rich Energy to supply energy drinks. They will be shipped over here on their fleet of Seabourne ferries.

#1244 pdac

pdac

• 8,134 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 17:07

''Rock Point Leisure and premium energy drink company Rich Energy have signed an exclusive UK distribution agreement...

...Rock Point leisure which does not currently have any operating sites - said the two companies shared an ethos of valuing cow dung high-quality products..''

and recently

Despite the alleged logistics and supply dealings, it's still not that easy to find. They've made it so exclusive I think even Storey himself has only seen a can three times since he invented the idea.

Ah, another company just started up (August last year) and apparently only having a single director - a directory who happens to have also started a number of companies in August last year:

Rock Point Venures

Rock Point Bars

Rock Point Records

Also seems to be a director of many other companies too (several where everyone has resigned, except him).

A very interesting partner indeed.

#1245 danmills

danmills

• 1,192 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 17:47

It does make for interesting reading the point at which Storey went from the management side of 'business' straight into the energy drink front.

---------------

https://www.linkedin...icle-card_title

William Storey Management in Extreme Sports

Published on July 20, 2016

''Very pleased to be working with my good friend and 4 x world scooter champion and young US superstar of Extreme Sports Dakota Schuetz (pictured this week with leading Conservative politician and cabinet minister for Brexit David Davis). Dakota is hugely gifted and an icon to millions of kids around the world. He is a fantastic role model and lives and breathes his sport with absolute dedication. Nitro circus and the X games have become phenomenons of US television and I am very pleased to be heading up a £100m investment by two global brands in this sector. Sports like Formula One have seen viewing figures plunge through poor management and PPV subscription models. As with UFC stealing a march on boxing in combat sports revenue generation, extreme sports are enjoying huge growth in popularity, revenue generation and appeal to sponsors. Hubris is a killer and complacency among sports administrators is creating huge opportunities in hitherto niche areas that are quick to embrace the new market.''

--------------------

Edited by danmills, 26 February 2019 - 17:48.

#1246 danmills

danmills

• 1,192 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 17:50

I find the line used in this quite telling, and between the lines of what is not said, might suggest how he see's himself and this venture.

https://www.linkedin...icle-card_title

Lie with snakes and drink poison

Published on January 23, 2017

In an outlandishly ironic move the brilliant dealmaker and de facto driving force of F1 for the last 40 years, Bernard Charles Ecclestone has been abjectly humiliated and forced out of the sport he has built up and been ringmaster of for decades. In a fascinating tale of greed, hubris and high stakes strategy he has lost and been betrayed by some of the men he has made so wealthy. A classic example of realpolitik and an example to any entrepreneur of the dangers of cashing in chips prematurely and believing in promises from investors. Ironically had he not sold majority stake he would be three times wealthier and still in charge. The hunter becomes the hunted. Meanwhile Liberty will almost certainly improve the sport whilst CVC partners run off with the loot!

#1247 danmills

danmills

• 1,192 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 17:55

And for the nostalgic ones...

Brand Presentation Rich Energy Drink

Rich Energy Drink is designed to offer the utmost quality and flavor.  Rich Energy Drink is manufactured in Austria with the world's most pure water.  The flavor of Rich Energy Drink is Superb and the texture of the mixture is historical.  Rich Energy Drink represents a new class of Energy Drinks that actually tastes great!  While the flavor of Rich Energy Drink is groundbreaking, the ability of the product to mix with a wide variety of beverages is magical.  Rich Energy Drink allows the consumer to taste the quality of beverage they choose to mix with it.  This is unprecedented!  Rich Energy Drink is highly complimentary.  Rich Energy Drink has stood against numerous energy drinks and won every comparison.  We look forward to giving you an opportunity to taste the revolution

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rich is an outstanding addition to the world of functional energy drinks – bringing a classy and chic cachet, as the name implies, Rich boasts a rich flavor profile that appeals to even the most discerning palate.

Rich is complimentary, not overpowering. Further, Rich tastes wonderful as a solo beverage. Rich is perfection in flavor.''

:rotfl:

05232016150443000000-5743625b4b3e3.jpg

It's like they took the slogans from skittles and other sweets, mashed them up with Harry Potter, that description was the result.

Truly magical indeed.  :rotfl:

Edited by danmills, 26 February 2019 - 17:59.

#1248 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,920 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 18:22

and recently

After 5 years and 6+ month linked to Haas, it's quite late imo.

Still wondering which 30 countries you can buy it atm. like he claims. Not by their website, and not by their now awarded distributors seems to me.

Also, UK contract was on 9 November. Now end of February, it should than be available in whole UK in 4 month time seems to me.

He must be glad he's well funded, any other start-up would have been in deep debt by now.

#1249 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,920 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 18:23

Ah, another company just started up (August last year) and apparently only having a single director - a directory who happens to have also started a number of companies in August last year:

Rock Point Venures

Rock Point Bars

Rock Point Records

Also seems to be a director of many other companies too (several where everyone has resigned, except him).

A very interesting partner indeed.

o dear....

#1250 pdac

pdac

• 8,134 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 18:41

o dear....

Just from public record. I sometimes wonder whether people realise just how easily accessible public records are these days (Google searches and HTML summaries/free PDF downloads).