* * * * - 16 votes

What is 'Rich Energy'?

• Please log in to reply
5964 replies to this topic

#1301 7MGTEsup

7MGTEsup

• 2,165 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 14:10

My theory is that he buys the drink from Red Bull and has it labeled as Rich Energy at the canning facility (probably Red Bulls) then tries to make a bit of profit off the top by pricing it above Red Bull and claiming it's a luxury brand. Red Bull don't care as they are making money from it and he gets to make a bit of money from it.

Advertisement

#1302 Grippy

Grippy

• 67 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 14:17

Chatters' story

https://strictly-bus...in-street-cafe/

Chatters and Kuwa business incubator signup

https://twitter.com/...808005773492224

and Laurie Pinto has a very interesting history

https://www.linkedin...ic_profile_post

#1303 GiorgioF1

GiorgioF1

• 737 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 14:21

renasa1.jpg

Where is the shuttle?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Edited by GiorgioF1, 28 February 2019 - 14:23.

#1304 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • RC Forum Host

• 20,717 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 14:34

Unless I do a scooby-doo on you all and reveal my true identity...

And you would have got away with it too if it weren’t for us meddling kids.

#1305 Peat

Peat

• 4,576 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 14:46

giphy.gif

#1306 danmills

danmills

• 1,301 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 14:47

Chatters' story

https://strictly-bus...in-street-cafe/

Chatters and Kuwa business incubator signup

https://twitter.com/...808005773492224

and Laurie Pinto has a very interesting history

https://www.linkedin...ic_profile_post

This is awesome. So as a startup, Rich Energy was formed around March 2015. Which totally screws up the evidence elsewhere and proof they existed as far back as 2012, at least with Chatters and Kuwa in the ghetto RE brand.

So this startup is not really a startup, they were already all systems go. So did they run out of money and this was to boost it all after the failed bar and lounge venture?

Interesting article on Laurie Pinto dating only in December 2018. The guy was already with Storey earlier in the year when he tried to buy into Force India as an advisor way back in February 2018. I wonder why this was made 'official' so long after?

Basically the product was in place, and Storey has somehow got on board late on the journey but seems to have made the biggest impact, be it his wheeler dealing ways or his ability to pull in the right people to sign the right deals.

In the re-brand it seems it was a few years in the making based on the registration dates and other social media accounts that were started. We have things like Rich Energy German popping up and being registered around 2016. About the time we would expect to see Storey's influence happening and the global expansion.

Rich, ironically, needed money. And marketing. Storey has brought that to them on a platter, kudos to the bloke for whatever mysterious ways he's done it.

I'm still convinced it's all about skills at borrowing money and playing one against the other, a bit of a glorified robbing of peter to pay paul scenario, in the hope (or at least it so far has) paid for itself. That could be the trail of dealings Storey has done and wide variety of things that turned money into investment into other things. From A-B-C-D he is now down the line. What I am not convinced is that he ever made enough physical money to plough into Haas diurectly; and that the whole thing is a massive investment from others (which we have strong sources to back the idea) with Storey co-ordinating them all based on a good history of investments that turned profit.

The Haas story being the biggest to date, and a good risk based on his previous history of results.

I did wonder if the earlier property investment request for investment was indeed the Bingham Hotel, imagine that, hence why he is ALWAYS in there. Did he have something to do with rennovation works? Does he part own any of it? Unlikely, but it makes you wonder.

The common denominator nonetheless is Drazen, who after all the ins and outs and rising and falling, we believe was there at the start and also there now (he was at the Haas launch). This man must be the one who controls the show from afar. I believe he is the one behind the curtain pulling the strings.

Whatever happened to Chatters and Kuma is still a big mystery. I have a feeling there is something big that ties them all still. Either they were bought out, or there are other hidden legal issues with the brand and rights. I imagine Chatters and Kuma just failed to make it big in America with Rich, so they were binned off, and someone else (the above guy) now has 'exclusivity' with distribution and sales.

Oddly, that doesn't explain why Chatters and Kuma still hold the distribution licences. Unless the massive gap (between ghetto Rich Energy and Storey joining) is all about getting rid or around those licence issues and that might explain why its taken so long to get the product back into production and on the shelves.

The fact MIXR is still active makes me wonder if they are playing a game.

The other spins offs I found are amusing, there is a related events company in Windsor (DJ Rich Energy) that made me laugh. Totally related under the same umbrella.

And here is the (assumed) man behind it all - Drazen!

dra1.jpg

Edited by danmills, 28 February 2019 - 15:23.

#1307 BiggestBuddyLazierFan

BiggestBuddyLazierFan

• 555 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 15:42

This is awesome. So as a startup, Rich Energy was formed around March 2015. Which totally screws up the evidence elsewhere and proof they existed as far back as 2012, at least with Chatters and Kuwa in the ghetto RE brand.

So this startup is not really a startup, they were already all systems go. So did they run out of money and this was to boost it all after the failed bar and lounge venture?

Interesting article on Laurie Pinto dating only in December 2018. The guy was already with Storey earlier in the year when he tried to buy into Force India as an advisor way back in February 2018. I wonder why this was made 'official' so long after?

Basically the product was in place, and Storey has somehow got on board late on the journey but seems to have made the biggest impact, be it his wheeler dealing ways or his ability to pull in the right people to sign the right deals.

In the re-brand it seems it was a few years in the making based on the registration dates and other social media accounts that were started. We have things like Rich Energy German popping up and being registered around 2016. About the time we would expect to see Storey's influence happening and the global expansion.

Rich, ironically, needed money. And marketing. Storey has brought that to them on a platter, kudos to the bloke for whatever mysterious ways he's done it.

I'm still convinced it's all about skills at borrowing money and playing one against the other, a bit of a glorified robbing of peter to pay paul scenario, in the hope (or at least it so far has) paid for itself. That could be the trail of dealings Storey has done and wide variety of things that turned money into investment into other things. From A-B-C-D he is now down the line. What I am not convinced is that he ever made enough physical money to plough into Haas diurectly; and that the whole thing is a massive investment from others (which we have strong sources to back the idea) with Storey co-ordinating them all based on a good history of investments that turned profit.

The Haas story being the biggest to date, and a good risk based on his previous history of results.

I did wonder if the earlier property investment request for investment was indeed the Bingham Hotel, imagine that, hence why he is ALWAYS in there. Did he have something to do with rennovation works? Does he part own any of it? Unlikely, but it makes you wonder.

The common denominator nonetheless is Drazen, who after all the ins and outs and rising and falling, we believe was there at the start and also there now (he was at the Haas launch). This man must be the one who controls the show from afar. I believe he is the one behind the curtain pulling the strings.

Whatever happened to Chatters and Kuma is still a big mystery. I have a feeling there is something big that ties them all still. Either they were bought out, or there are other hidden legal issues with the brand and rights. I imagine Chatters and Kuma just failed to make it big in America with Rich, so they were binned off, and someone else (the above guy) now has 'exclusivity' with distribution and sales.

Oddly, that doesn't explain why Chatters and Kuma still hold the distribution licences. Unless the massive gap (between ghetto Rich Energy and Storey joining) is all about getting rid or around those licence issues and that might explain why its taken so long to get the product back into production and on the shelves.

The fact MIXR is still active makes me wonder if they are playing a game.

The other spins offs I found are amusing, there is a related events company in Windsor (DJ Rich Energy) that made me laugh. Totally related under the same umbrella.

And here is the (assumed) man behind it all - Drazen!

dra1.jpg

He is always alone on the pictures

#1308 pdac

pdac

• 8,442 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 15:58

He is always alone on the pictures

Maybe he drinks Rich Energy.

#1309 danmills

danmills

• 1,301 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 16:07

Maybe Drazen is like Magneto, and that is why the cans are made in the UK because they needed to be ferrous stainless steel based, and not aluminium like on the continent.

That way he can control ALL the drinks from one place at one time with his magnetic abilities.

Maybe that's why he works in the medical industry, as he can't shift the weight of all that iron-ore based steel, which explains why distribution is restricted until his medical company spearheads the way to channel that energy.

The Rich Energy.

Maybe mutants are real and X-Men is not just a comic / movie.

Maybe that's why Storey has such a big beard.

The plot does indeed thicken.

Edited by danmills, 28 February 2019 - 16:09.

#1310 danmills

danmills

• 1,301 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 16:34

Noticed on the can 'Made in Austria © 2015 Rich D.O.O'.

tHZQGbl.jpg

Not knowing what D.O.O stands for, it produced this..

https://www.fininfo....Detaljno/221877

Contrary to previous scooby doo remarks, DOO is the Croatian equivalent of a Limited Liability Company. Solved.

A company in Osijek, Croatia, for beverages. With a home address (literally a small house) and links to LinkedIn and Facebook. Interesting that Drazen seems to have made and deleted various accounts on LinkedIn. I wonder if he is trying to start and delete traces of things he has been involved with? Facebook accounts all match to the ones today, so this is kosher.

Nonetheless, Rich on here was registered in... 2011. Not 2015. So is this a conflict or a rebirth of sorts? I wonder if this all points to the separation of the Chatters link.

Though like the UK company records (not sure if they are the same data) the finances for Rich doo are VERY low.

http://www.hoovers.c...=1#company-info

More alarming is the stated interest of Rich in 2011, or rather, those of Drazen, check this out:

•  
  • * -Cup and sale of goods
  • * Provision of services in trade for the purpose of obtaining profit or other economic effect on domestic and foreign markets
  • * -Representation of foreign companies
  • * Market research and public opinion polling
  • * -Promo (advertising and propaganda)
  • * - Promotion of real estate transactions
  • * -Real estate business
  • * Property management and real estate maintenance
  • * -Advanced financial affairs
  • * - Advice on capital structure, business strategy and similar issues as well as providing services related to the acquisition of shares and other shares in other companies Other Significant Investments
  • * - Business and management consultancy, other than legal
  • * - Organize seminars, consultations, congresses, reviews, promotional meetings, etc.
  • * -Supports the development of technology-based innovative entrepreneurship
  • * -Psychology of business cooperation, technological transfer and commercialization of research results
  • * Provide expert assistance to the subjects of the economy, including through electronic media
  • * -Computer and related activities''

Now, Chatters is a massive uni speaker, grad and works in.... PSYCHOLOGY! Isn't that funny? 

I can't work out how Drazen met Chatters and Wuma and assume they were uni mates. Need to find more on where Drazen studied, and how he was involved in the US. He looks a lot older so could have possibly been some sort of tutor / lecturer or maybe even Drazen was one of those hip foreign guys that turned up to a party one day with a case of Rich Energy to promote his idea, then took two smart / sporty / popular unit kids on board like how Red Bull did in the 90's. Who knows.

Either way, it's almost funny that he states an interest in psychology and marketing, because after all the hype and lack of information, they have allowed the sort of talk and in-depth promotion of the product way more than a big poster on a bus stop or a magazine ad. Was that the plan all along?

Is the lazy marketing of Rich Energy actually passive aggressive type promotion? Is this all part of the plan / game? I don't think they are that clever, but then they are the ones driving flash cars around Monaco and I'm not so whatever is being done is surely working.

Those interests though, bloody weird, no?

I notice also the trademark thing, that Chatters registered Rich and Rich Energy Drink with the times new roman style font. The NEW rich that we know of when Storey took interest totally changed the font and the brand was Rich Energy, different to the previous iterations.

Does that remove the interest of Chatters? Seems so. He appears on the registered trademarks, but looks like it is now inactive. MIXR is alive. Rich Energy Drink not so. I think he has been bought out / silenced from the next wave.

Maybe this explains the gap from Rich Bar to the 2015 era to present day. Lawsuits galore. And MIXR, oddly, gets resurrected in 2018 in the same trademark times new roman style font as 'MIXR PREMIUM ENERGY DRINK'.

And THEN I found this Rich doo result..

https://www.fininfo....Detaljno/547071

Another Rich also in Croatia, but another city. Created in 2014. Beverages. Status = Bankrupt. The name? Dinko Lemić.~

This predates the 2015 Rich doo on the current Rich cans. They must be the same thing.

So did Drazen buy out / take over the copyrighted name in Croatia from this Dinko chap, which is why Rich Energy we know of today is from 2015 and NOT the 2011 we know of?

A little search, photo of Dinko mixing drinks in a bar. Adds up nicely and makes me wonder if this is similar to what Rich are doing now with Rich Energy Belgium, Rich Energy US, Rich Energy Australia, Rich Energy Denmark (check out social media of all the outlets). Loads of them under the main Rich Energy umbrella with certain rights and deals. What is the deal with that? Is this to do with passing money or distribution and sales between areas with different rules / regulations / interests? Who knows.

After I saw photos of eastern europeans with guns looking up Dinko, I closed google for the day.

Mind blown. 

Edited by danmills, 28 February 2019 - 17:09.

#1311 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,988 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 16:49

I disagree with this. That's (imo) only small and not effective at all, but told that before.

"Either way, it's almost funny that he states an interest in psychology and marketing, because after all the hype and lack of information, they have allowed the sort of talk and in-depth promotion of the product way more than a big poster on a bus stop or a magazine ad. Was that the plan all along?"

It's only between some "interested" here imo. It's not effective for all the followers that are not like us on this forum.

#1312 eibyyz

eibyyz

• 362 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 17:01

My theory is that he buys the drink from Red Bull and has it labeled as Rich Energy at the canning facility (probably Red Bulls) then tries to make a bit of profit off the top by pricing it above Red Bull and claiming it's a luxury brand. Red Bull don't care as they are making money from it and he gets to make a bit of money from it.

I don't think RB would go for that or even look the other way.  One can gets contaminated during repackaging, one case of e.coli and here come the lawyers looking for the deepest pockets.

Edited by eibyyz, 28 February 2019 - 17:02.

#1313 stewie

stewie

• 3,054 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 17:05

I don't think RB would go for that or even look the other way. One can gets contaminated during repackaging, one case of e.coli and here come the lawyers looking for the deepest pockets.

It does happen, Weetabix make half of the the supermarket own brand variety and it's identical!

#1314 Grippy

Grippy

• 67 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 17:25

There are some heavy hitters in this company.

Dražen Majstrović is/was a Croatian politician

https://www.vecernji...zupanije-983305

Drazen Majstrovic, director of the Osijek Department of Trade

https://www.vecernji...na-burzi-948417

Laurie Pinto is possibly the money man,

https://www.bloomber...ational Limited

He has been lucky enough to leave several previous companies at just the right time (choosing my words carefully here).

#1315 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 8,445 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 17:47

Ckl7syp-XIAA0-Gru.jpg

Ckl7sxq-XEAEq3-C2.jpg

From early 2016. on Drazen's twitter feed

#1316 Peat

Peat

• 4,576 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 17:49

That's Toby Sowery's lid. He's been a 'brand ambassador' for several years.

Probably agreed to it so that beardyweirdy would leave.

#1317 danmills

danmills

• 1,301 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 17:51

I can confirm that MIXR is still actively distributing / trading in the US. Just got offered a deal to buy some pallets by a DJ lol.

Not sure on the remaining ties or links to Rich Energy. But MIXR is alive.

Grippy that is an awesome find, how did I miss that one? Wow, big, big players indeed. So Storey might well have fitted right in with the tobacco trading as assumed? Or another way in.

We need to look more into this side, it's quite elusive. Infact, all of Storey is missing the story.

I wonder if he went by other names which produce results, ie Billy Storey, Bill Storey, Will Storey, Willy Storey  :lol:

Edited by danmills, 28 February 2019 - 17:52.

#1318 RA2

RA2

• 1,287 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 18:12

Noticed on the can 'Made in Austria © 2015 Rich D.O.O'.

tHZQGbl.jpg

Not knowing what D.O.O stands for, it produced this..

https://www.fininfo....Detaljno/221877

Contrary to previous scooby doo remarks, DOO is the Croatian equivalent of a Limited Liability Company. Solved.

A company in Osijek, Croatia, for beverages. With a home address (literally a small house) and links to LinkedIn and Facebook. Interesting that Drazen seems to have made and deleted various accounts on LinkedIn. I wonder if he is trying to start and delete traces of things he has been involved with? Facebook accounts all match to the ones today, so this is kosher.

Nonetheless, Rich on here was registered in... 2011. Not 2015. So is this a conflict or a rebirth of sorts? I wonder if this all points to the separation of the Chatters link.

Though like the UK company records (not sure if they are the same data) the finances for Rich doo are VERY low.

http://www.hoovers.c...=1#company-info

More alarming is the stated interest of Rich in 2011, or rather, those of Drazen, check this out:

• * -Cup and sale of goods
  • * Provision of services in trade for the purpose of obtaining profit or other economic effect on domestic and foreign markets
  • * -Representation of foreign companies
  • * Market research and public opinion polling
  • * -Promo (advertising and propaganda)
  • * - Promotion of real estate transactions
  • * -Real estate business
  • * Property management and real estate maintenance
  • * -Advanced financial affairs
  • * - Advice on capital structure, business strategy and similar issues as well as providing services related to the acquisition of shares and other shares in other companies Other Significant Investments
  • * - Business and management consultancy, other than legal
  • * - Organize seminars, consultations, congresses, reviews, promotional meetings, etc.
  • * -Supports the development of technology-based innovative entrepreneurship
  • * -Psychology of business cooperation, technological transfer and commercialization of research results
  • * Provide expert assistance to the subjects of the economy, including through electronic media
  • * -Computer and related activities''

Now, Chatters is a massive uni speaker, grad and works in.... PSYCHOLOGY! Isn't that funny?

I can't work out how Drazen met Chatters and Wuma and assume they were uni mates. Need to find more on where Drazen studied, and how he was involved in the US. He looks a lot older so could have possibly been some sort of tutor / lecturer or maybe even Drazen was one of those hip foreign guys that turned up to a party one day with a case of Rich Energy to promote his idea, then took two smart / sporty / popular unit kids on board like how Red Bull did in the 90's. Who knows.

Either way, it's almost funny that he states an interest in psychology and marketing, because after all the hype and lack of information, they have allowed the sort of talk and in-depth promotion of the product way more than a big poster on a bus stop or a magazine ad. Was that the plan all along?

Is the lazy marketing of Rich Energy actually passive aggressive type promotion? Is this all part of the plan / game? I don't think they are that clever, but then they are the ones driving flash cars around Monaco and I'm not so whatever is being done is surely working.

Those interests though, bloody weird, no?

I notice also the trademark thing, that Chatters registered Rich and Rich Energy Drink with the times new roman style font. The NEW rich that we know of when Storey took interest totally changed the font and the brand was Rich Energy, different to the previous iterations.

Does that remove the interest of Chatters? Seems so. He appears on the registered trademarks, but looks like it is now inactive. MIXR is alive. Rich Energy Drink not so. I think he has been bought out / silenced from the next wave.

Maybe this explains the gap from Rich Bar to the 2015 era to present day. Lawsuits galore. And MIXR, oddly, gets resurrected in 2018 in the same trademark times new roman style font as 'MIXR PREMIUM ENERGY DRINK'.

And THEN I found this Rich doo result..

https://www.fininfo....Detaljno/547071

Another Rich also in Croatia, but another city. Created in 2014. Beverages. Status = Bankrupt. The name? Dinko Lemić.~

This predates the 2015 Rich doo on the current Rich cans. They must be the same thing.

So did Drazen buy out / take over the copyrighted name in Croatia from this Dinko chap, which is why Rich Energy we know of today is from 2015 and NOT the 2011 we know of?

A little search, photo of Dinko mixing drinks in a bar. Adds up nicely and makes me wonder if this is similar to what Rich are doing now with Rich Energy Belgium, Rich Energy US, Rich Energy Australia, Rich Energy Denmark (check out social media of all the outlets). Loads of them under the main Rich Energy umbrella with certain rights and deals. What is the deal with that? Is this to do with passing money or distribution and sales between areas with different rules / regulations / interests? Who knows.

After I saw photos of eastern europeans with guns looking up Dinko, I closed google for the day.

Mind blown.

I posted that a month back that the Rich DOO is same in the old and new can. I also mentioned both have the same barcode, so essentially the same product.

Great work in finding the US connection to Croatia

#1319 RSRally

RSRally

• 1,031 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:15

Yeah, however much we take the piss the guy clearly has some skills. And we’re talking about it! Most intriguing story there’s been in F1 for some time.

The common denominator nonetheless is Drazen, who after all the ins and outs and rising and falling, we believe was there at the start and also there now (he was at the Haas launch).

Is he the ‘mad beverage scientist’ Storey talked about then?

Whether this ultimately ends up with Rich Energy buying out Haas or the whole thing comes crashing down, I can’t wait for the book to come out telling us how all this was done!

Advertisement

#1320 Oakstreet

Oakstreet

• 17 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 16:01

Found this article about the Rich energy bar & lounge. If already posted, I'm sorry.

Rich Bar & Lounge opens in once-controversial location - By CORY MATTESON / Lincoln Journal Star  Jun 21, 2013 

TJ King pointed to a leather sofa, then another leather sofa along the walls of the back room at the recently opened Rich Bar & Lounge and described the decor that these furnishings replaced.

“There was a cage here, and a cage over there,” said King, who is doing media relations for the new downtown Lincoln bar he also redesigned. “This up here said ‘Smooth.'"

There are no go-go dancing cages at Rich, and about the only similarity between it and the nightclub’s previous identity is a street address.

For nearly two years, a purple Smooth sign hung outside the club at 1640 O St., Suite 3, while club owner Shane Harrington at times tried to get a liquor license, cursed the commission that wouldn't give it to him or tried to sell the bar to someone who could move forward with his young professionals nightclub concept. Without getting too much into disputes between Harrington and city officials and the porn war he at one point declared on Lincoln, it didn’t work out.

Smooth opened for a bit as a late-night dance club with no liquor license, but that didn’t last long. Harrington sold it to new owner Lawrence Chatters in March as a turnkey operation, leaving the room fully furnished and the liquor-less bar stocked with juices and bottles of water with “Smooth” labels affixed to them.

The bar now is full with beer, liquor and cans upon cans of Rich Energy Drink, a European-brewed beverage that Chatters is distributing stateside. (The bar is named after the drink.)

Chatters and King, who owns TJ King Interiors & Design, gutted the place. Gone are the zebra stripe-upholstered furnishings, purple decor and all three go-go cages.

Chatters, who is also the men's programs coordinator at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Women’s Center, wanted to see something good come from the cages, which bothered him. He said they tore down the cages, sold the metal to a scrapyard and gave the $115.71 he got for it to Voices of Hope.

“I’m a very positive person, and I want to bring my positivity to this space,” Chatters said.

Chatters, who DJed at Main Street Cafe before buying it two years ago, said that was his college bar. Rich Bar & Grill, he said, is the kind of place he’d take his wife for a drink.

It’s an upscale club, he said, and there’s a dress code that goes along with it. Chatters said about 50 were turned away for not meeting it on opening night. Sandals were the big culprit, and Chatters said the bar ended up relaxing the code somewhat for fans of D-Funk, which played on opening night.

There is a dance floor and space for a band or DJ to set up in the back room, but the front, Chatters said, is meant for groups and couples to share conversations. They wanted it to be like “a great big living room,” Chatters said. Across from the bar, on an elevated platform, is a couch that comfortably seats eight.

The furniture wasn’t pulled from an Abel Hall dumpster on a move-out weekend. Everything in Rich’s front room was inspired by Chatters’ travels abroad as a DJ. He mentioned Versailles in particular. There are seven chandeliers throughout the bar.

He said it was a bar unlike other downtown on O Street, and he said he hoped people would give him a chance -- whatever they thought about the business that proceeded it and the surrounding controversy.

“A building is a shell,” Chatters said. “What happens in that building depends on who’s in charge.”

Rich opens at 5 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays and 7 p.m. on Saturdays.

source: 

#1321 Oakstreet

Oakstreet

• 17 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 17:12

I also found the original Rich Energy website using the Wayback machine:

https://web.archive....k.eu/index.html

The contact page links to "Consulo d.o.o" with OIB 93615090483. This leads to https://www.fininfo....Detaljno/114069 - The status: in Bankruptcy. 

There is a link to the old consulo.hr website, and look who's info pops up:

Dražen Majstrović,

President of the Management Board and Director of the Company

PERSONAL DATA
Place and age of birth: Osijek, 1969.

EDUCATION
Faculty of Economics and Business in Zagreb - Master of Science in Economics

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• 1996 - 2001. HT dd, Zagreb - Department of Finance and Bookkeeping 
• 2000 - 2003. TFM, HT dd - Business Operations Manager 
• 2003 - 2005. T-Mobile doo - Head of Key Users (KAM) 
• 2005 - 2005 Optima Telekom dd, Zagreb - Sales Director 
• 2005 - 2007. Geneza doo, Director of DSF Sales Channel for T-Mobile doo 
• 2007 - 2009. Telemob doo - President of the Management Board 
• 2009 until today Consulo doo - President of the Management Board

source: https://web.archive....lo.hr/index.htm

Edited by Oakstreet, 01 March 2019 - 17:13.

#1322 jv99jv

jv99jv

• 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 17:16

I joined the forum simply for this thread. Absolutely fascinating, and wonder how this will all end up!

Not sure if posted before...

This Dinko fella's house (which was also the business address for Rich) burned down in 2015 under "suspicious circumstances".

https://www.24sata.h...-u-trenu-430051

Dinko claims to have restored the house prior to the fire, but you can even see form the photo's it wasn't much more than a shack.

Even a couple of the comments on the story point to him being a "young entrepreneur of suspicious origin" (google translate withstanding)

Edited by jv99jv, 01 March 2019 - 17:17.

#1323 eibyyz

eibyyz

• 362 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 17:32

Found this article about the Rich energy bar & lounge. If already posted, I'm sorry.

Rich Bar & Lounge opens in once-controversial location - By CORY MATTESON / Lincoln Journal Star  Jun 21, 2013 

TJ King pointed to a leather sofa, then another leather sofa along the walls of the back room at the recently opened Rich Bar & Lounge and described the decor that these furnishings replaced.

“There was a cage here, and a cage over there,” said King, who is doing media relations for the new downtown Lincoln bar he also redesigned. “This up here said ‘Smooth.'"

There are no go-go dancing cages at Rich, and about the only similarity between it and the nightclub’s previous identity is a street address.

For nearly two years, a purple Smooth sign hung outside the club at 1640 O St., Suite 3, while club owner Shane Harrington at times tried to get a liquor license, cursed the commission that wouldn't give it to him or tried to sell the bar to someone who could move forward with his young professionals nightclub concept. Without getting too much into disputes between Harrington and city officials and the porn war he at one point declared on Lincoln, it didn’t work out.

Smooth opened for a bit as a late-night dance club with no liquor license, but that didn’t last long. Harrington sold it to new owner Lawrence Chatters in March as a turnkey operation, leaving the room fully furnished and the liquor-less bar stocked with juices and bottles of water with “Smooth” labels affixed to them.

The bar now is full with beer, liquor and cans upon cans of Rich Energy Drink, a European-brewed beverage that Chatters is distributing stateside. (The bar is named after the drink.)

Chatters and King, who owns TJ King Interiors & Design, gutted the place. Gone are the zebra stripe-upholstered furnishings, purple decor and all three go-go cages.

Chatters, who is also the men's programs coordinator at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Women’s Center, wanted to see something good come from the cages, which bothered him. He said they tore down the cages, sold the metal to a scrapyard and gave the $115.71 he got for it to Voices of Hope.

“I’m a very positive person, and I want to bring my positivity to this space,” Chatters said.

Chatters, who DJed at Main Street Cafe before buying it two years ago, said that was his college bar. Rich Bar & Grill, he said, is the kind of place he’d take his wife for a drink.

It’s an upscale club, he said, and there’s a dress code that goes along with it. Chatters said about 50 were turned away for not meeting it on opening night. Sandals were the big culprit, and Chatters said the bar ended up relaxing the code somewhat for fans of D-Funk, which played on opening night.

There is a dance floor and space for a band or DJ to set up in the back room, but the front, Chatters said, is meant for groups and couples to share conversations. They wanted it to be like “a great big living room,” Chatters said. Across from the bar, on an elevated platform, is a couch that comfortably seats eight.

The furniture wasn’t pulled from an Abel Hall dumpster on a move-out weekend. Everything in Rich’s front room was inspired by Chatters’ travels abroad as a DJ. He mentioned Versailles in particular. There are seven chandeliers throughout the bar.

He said it was a bar unlike other downtown on O Street, and he said he hoped people would give him a chance -- whatever they thought about the business that proceeded it and the surrounding controversy.

“A building is a shell,” Chatters said. “What happens in that building depends on who’s in charge.”

Rich opens at 5 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays and 7 p.m. on Saturdays.

source: 

I'm from Omaha and I know of Shane Harrington.  His wife goes by the name Melissa Midwest, and she's famous for her line of...ahem...alternative cinema.  Melissa got arrested by posing topless in front of her old high school, which happened to be run by the local Catholic diocese.  Shane runs a small chain of "breast taverns", circumventing the prohibition against nude dancing by not selling liquor.  Rumor is that he's frustrated by the hoops he's having to jump through just to make an honest dollar, and that he's moving to Spain.

#1324 BRG

BRG

• 17,158 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 19:30

All this stuff about Lincoln, Nebraska seems symptomatic of the whole Rich mythology. 

I took a look at Lincoln NE on Google Maps.  It is the state capitol and I am sure it is a nice enough place, but it is hardly Monte Carlo or Beverley Hills.   Making it big in Lincoln NE is surely much the same as making it big in Lincoln, Lincs.  As in, not very big.  The much lauded Rich Bar and Lounge is shown as 'permanently closed'.  But Honest Abe's Burgers are going strong and the International Quilt Museum is still open.

This whole business just gets weirder and weirder.  It was just a laugh to start with, then it got seriously ridiculous, now it is starting to look rather creepy.  It isn't going to end well, that's for sure.

#1325 pdac

pdac

• 8,442 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 20:13

I'd love it if Storey is reading all of this and wondering when it's all going to hit a wider audience.

#1326 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • RC Forum Host

• 20,717 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 20:50

If you're reading this Mr. Storey, post a photo of a (the?) can in front of an atlas, making some reference to taking on the world.

#1327 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,988 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 20:53

I have heard the court case come by in couple podcasts. I suspect every professional linked person will look from time to time.

#1328 loki

loki

• 6,018 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 20:54

I took a look at Lincoln NE on Google Maps.  It is the state capitol and I am sure it is a nice enough place, but it is hardly Monte Carlo or Beverley Hills.   

It's certainly no metropolis like Omaha but the flip side of the coin is that it's not Red Cloud either.  The Cornhusker state is huge, I mean youge in agribusiness.  Lots of farmland, not a lot of people.  It's not the sort of nightlife culture Rich Energy is pimping.  It's likely he just knew the porn start or reached out or whatever.  If he wanted get something in a place where it may be considered to be more cosmopolitan there are plenty of crap hole type places in Las Vegas of dubious nature.  They come and go weekly.  Two things that sell really well here (besides weed, 24 hr booze and hookers) are energy drink and morning after IV supplements.  Something that's limited like Robby Gordon's Speed Energy drink does well enough here with the off road culture but it doesn't look to me like Storey has the marketing savvy even for that.

#1329 danmills

danmills

• 1,301 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 23:32

I have made a somewhat large breakthrough in my fun research into this very fascinating story. I'm not sure I can / should say too much but I have personally received direct response from outside this site from two individuals noted in this thread that are very much part of the RE journey, and one more within the site that I'm not sure about just yet (coffee man, that's you).

Gaps have been filled but I'm going to ask their permission if I can share what was said. I'm no journo, but one has offered me the chance to ask questions, so need to figure how I do this so we can complete the picture and correct some of the guesses. A lot has been pretty close to the truth, which goes to show you can find if you look hard enough.

Last few days have been pretty good going. This has become an awesome thread, thank you to all who have helped unravel things so far.

Now for the last few jigsaw pieces :)

Edited by danmills, 01 March 2019 - 23:36.

#1330 NikL

NikL

• 166 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 23:47

This is insane. How far into the season do you think we will get before the first stories hit the F1 press about "problems" with sponsorship payments to Haas?

#1331 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,647 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:31

This has a very Quantum and Brazil 03 feel to it. Onlookers finding the facts that the experts have no idea about, and by doing so, waking the so called experts up.

#1332 Loosenut

Loosenut

• 781 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:45

Every other post in this thread looks like a new Biggie Smalls album cover..

#1333 Mat13

Mat13

• 1,788 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:14

I have made a somewhat large breakthrough in my fun research into this very fascinating story. I'm not sure I can / should say too much but I have personally received direct response from outside this site from two individuals noted in this thread that are very much part of the RE journey, and one more within the site that I'm not sure about just yet (coffee man, that's you).

Gaps have been filled but I'm going to ask their permission if I can share what was said. I'm no journo, but one has offered me the chance to ask questions, so need to figure how I do this so we can complete the picture and correct some of the guesses. A lot has been pretty close to the truth, which goes to show you can find if you look hard enough.

Last few days have been pretty good going. This has become an awesome thread, thank you to all who have helped unravel things so far.

Now for the last few jigsaw pieces :)

Don't post their answers here by any means. Sounds like you've really put some effort into this- if there's anything tasty, sell it to Autosport! (And negotiate for all forum members to be able to read it for free 😉)

#1334 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,988 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 18:51

I know main Autosport editors/writers etc. Read the forum section of course.

So, question for them; Is Autosport going to cover these 2 court case days next week?

If this topic is relevant and connected enough to F1 to justify this topic, it also would justify "live" (Twitter court reporters are popular in such cases) reporting imo. I at least would follow that Twitter feed closely those days.

Curious if or if not and if I get a answer.

#1335 pdac

pdac

• 8,442 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 19:06

I know main Autosport editors/writers etc. Read the forum section of course.

So, question for them; Is Autosport going to cover these 2 court case days next week?

If this topic is relevant and connected enough to F1 to justify this topic, it also would justify "live" (Twitter court reporters are popular in such cases) reporting imo. I at least would follow that Twitter feed closely those days.

Curious if or if not and if I get a answer.

I doubt it's really relevant to F1. The result of the court case may have an effect on one F1 team and that might have an effect on F1. But nothing in the court case is relevant to F1 - just the outcome MAY be.

Edited by pdac, 04 March 2019 - 19:07.

#1336 baddog

baddog

• 27,459 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 19:34

Its barely relevant to this thread about it, let alone wasting the time of an F1 journal (reference old joke about a village so small it didn't appear on a map of the country, and barely appeared on a map of the village). I mean go ahead, amuse yourselves with it but damn...

#1337 thequadge

thequadge

• 434 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 19:57

Isn't it owned by Macaulay Culkin?

#1338 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,988 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 08:41

#1339 Peat

Peat

• 4,576 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:38

^Save yourselves 17mins. 

If you've been following this thread, there is nothing new or remotely sensational in the video.

Advertisement

#1340 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 718 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:41

^Save yourselves 17mins.

If you've been following this thread, there is nothing new or remotely sensational in the video.

It’s almost as if someone has watched this thread and used it to make a 17min piece of ‘investigative journalism’ without having to investigate anything themselves.

#1341 ANF

ANF

• 10,690 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 11:01

"Recommended for you"

#1342 danmills

danmills

• 1,301 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:08

We're about another 50 steps ahead of the last post. Piecing together nicely now.

#1343 Oakstreet

Oakstreet

• 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:12

More old website stuff. Looks like the US endeavor:

https://web.archive....om.ia18.4w.com/

#1344 danmills

danmills

• 1,301 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:28

That's the first break in the states circa 2012. Not too long after Drazen met Chatters during DJ gigs in Croatia. The rest is history.

#1345 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,988 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:47

"Recommended for you"

Why? Just a model/product promo shoot imo. or just a party in "their" old "bar"

#1346 Oakstreet

Oakstreet

• 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:48

That's the first break in the states circa 2012. Not too long after Drazen met Chatters during DJ gigs in Croatia. The rest is history.

Agreed. Found the link between consulo and rich on an old post on a Zagreb blog. First time I'm reading the drink was "designed" by Alen Borbas:

"CONSULO doo and MojZagreb.info portal donate 4 of the happiest readers with one pack of 12 cans of energy drink Rich .

Rich energy drink is a non-alcoholic refreshing energy drink with caffeine and taurine. The Consulo brand from Osijek is a protected brand and represents a high quality energy drink that, according to the Croatian recipe, is produced in Austria.

Rich was designed by Osijek entrepreneur Dražen Majstrović and famous athlete and caterer Alen Borbas. Realizing that there are only foreign brands in our energy drinks market, they have worked with experts to create an original Croatian recipe but also a recognizable visual identity. The most drink is best characterized by the following slogans: RICH FILLS WITH ENERGY RICH RICHES ALL THE RICH body RICH Vigorously and Quickly RICH RICH stimulates RICH action passion RICH richness of fun RICH clears up the mind RICH makes a stronger RICH cuddles imagination and more of it."

#1347 Lennat

Lennat

• 1,437 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:50

This is insane. How far into the season do you think we will get before the first stories hit the F1 press about "problems" with sponsorship payments to Haas?

I also have the feeling there might be some slight issues with unlocking the potential of the cheque.

The Lotus wannabe livery gives me extra Quantum vibes. :)

Edited by Lennat, 06 March 2019 - 12:50.

#1348 ANF

ANF

• 10,690 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 13:12

Why? Just a model/product promo shoot imo. or just a party in "their" old "bar"

Because RICH cuddles imagination and more of it.

#1349 Peat

Peat

• 4,576 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 13:54

51407043_1884667354992185_19178660935363

Here is Mr.Alen Borbas. From browsing his fb profile, he is a man incapable of smiling. Perhaps some form of facial paralysis from imbibing a dodgy early formulation of RICH richness?

Edited by Peat, 06 March 2019 - 13:55.

#1350 danmills

danmills

• 1,301 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 15:52

It's been a gold mine of research the last few nights. Lot's of faces old and new cropping up, more links, companies and ties. Can't wait to type out the next installment, it's interesting how many of the same people are involved across different platforms.

Edited by danmills, 06 March 2019 - 17:34.