* * * * - 16 votes

What is 'Rich Energy'?

• Please log in to reply
5964 replies to this topic

#1651 StanBarrett2

StanBarrett2

• 1,021 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 19:30

They have ambassadors and advisers and what-not, but do they actually have any employees working full time to produce, and distribute the product?  Or is it just a hollow shell?

I don't think so.

They probably operate like most other refreshment companies.

In Holland Coca Cola produces/bottles and cans many other drinks beside their own brand. They use their 'over' capacity to generate additional turnover.

Vrumona in Holland started out donkeys years ago bottling lemonades, followed in early 50's with a Pepsi contract, bottle and can numerous refreshments, and are now part of

the Heineken group.

The Dutch supermarket chain Albert Heijn have their own lager and pilsener beer brands.....Tesco probably has as well.

The Albert Heijn cans are marked Helvepa.......https://www.helvepa.com/en/  so the product is sold by a Dutch company but it isn't Dutch at all !!...and canned in Switzerland.

I think most brands who don't have their own local bottling and canning factories just have their  'brewmasters'  or 'mixers' on site at a major bottling/canning facility,.....or

the beverage is mixed at a central factory and transported in "concentrate" .

What surprises me most about the Rich stuff, is the way they go on about the British produced cans !!  Cans are actually garbage in the end. so they are transporting

fresh garbage all the way to Austria......

I bet Dieter has some production capacity in excess of requirements,,,,,,,,,,,,the cans ?

Edited by StanBarrett2, 16 April 2019 - 19:31.

Advertisement

#1652 StanBarrett2

StanBarrett2

• 1,021 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 19:35

There is more than a slight resemblance!

buffalo-bill-cody-cabinet-card-portrait-

Good thing William Cody isn't around any more.........not the type to be insulted methinks.

Edited by StanBarrett2, 16 April 2019 - 19:36.

#1653 New Britain

New Britain

• 2,373 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 19:50

Good thing William Cody isn't around any more.........not the type to be insulted methinks.

You mean insulted by being associated with the likes of Storey? Quite possibly although, like Storey, the original Buffalo Bill was eager to get any kind of publicity.

The thing that perplexes me about Storey is that the man seems completely devoid of any sense of embarrassment. Why on earth would anyone voluntarily go around with that absurd mat of hair crawling off his chin? I mean, there are some strange beards out there, but that thing is just foul.

#1654 pdac

pdac

• 8,460 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 22:00

I don't think so.

They probably operate like most other refreshment companies.

In Holland Coca Cola produces/bottles and cans many other drinks beside their own brand. They use their 'over' capacity to generate additional turnover.

Vrumona in Holland started out donkeys years ago bottling lemonades, followed in early 50's with a Pepsi contract, bottle and can numerous refreshments, and are now part of

the Heineken group.

The Dutch supermarket chain Albert Heijn have their own lager and pilsener beer brands.....Tesco probably has as well.

The Albert Heijn cans are marked Helvepa.......https://www.helvepa.com/en/  so the product is sold by a Dutch company but it isn't Dutch at all !!...and canned in Switzerland.

I think most brands who don't have their own local bottling and canning factories just have their  'brewmasters'  or 'mixers' on site at a major bottling/canning facility,.....or

the beverage is mixed at a central factory and transported in "concentrate" .

What surprises me most about the Rich stuff, is the way they go on about the British produced cans !!  Cans are actually garbage in the end. so they are transporting

fresh garbage all the way to Austria......

I bet Dieter has some production capacity in excess of requirements,,,,,,,,,,,,the cans ?

I think they are making claims that sounded like the whole thing is British. I believe it was someone on this forum who thought that, they way they had worded it, if the cans were British then the could get away with the claim. I doubt any of it is British (except the company registration - and even that is not as it seems).

They also like to make out that "Rich" is short for "Richmond", but it's been established that the "Rich" name came long before they had an office in Richmond.

#1655 StanBarrett2

StanBarrett2

• 1,021 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 22:16

I would think the the drink should be important, but they emphasize the cans ..............

The office in Richmond.........the rent a typist/recptionist place..

Storey works out of a hotel lounge by the looks of most pics i've seen

The only thing the beardman has and owns....is a recipe for a drink,

Distribution is taken care of by a third party

Production of cans is taken care of by a third party

Canning and filling is taken care of by a third party

Trying to cash in is done by Storey

Storey visits GPs 

cleans his mat/beard/whatsit every morning

works his next ad and promo on his I pad

#1656 loki

loki

• 6,030 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 00:08

That's a pretty common method in the beverage industry.  The big dogs like Coke and Pepsi own the formula and franchise out the manufacture, bottling and distribution.  The difference is they have product on the shelf and Rich is still pretty far and few between when it comes to finding it.  With what's been spent so far I'd think they'd have more available to buy.

#1657 New Britain

New Britain

• 2,373 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 00:31

I would think the the drink should be important, but they emphasize the cans ..............

The office in Richmond.........the rent a typist/recptionist place..

Storey works out of a hotel lounge by the looks of most pics i've seen

The only thing the beardman has and owns....is a recipe for a drink,

Trying to cash in is done by Storey

Storey visits GPs 

cleans his mat/beard/whatsit every morning

works his next ad and promo on his I pad

Not only is the "Richmond" office located in a mere rent-a-desk-by-the-week joint - the equivalent of a business Airbnb for someone who can't afford a real office - but it's not even in Richmond. It's near the hand car wash on West Hill, Wandsworth - which is a rather different thing from the posh residence of Richmond!   :p 

#1658 StanBarrett2

StanBarrett2

• 1,021 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:23

With what's been spent so far I'd think they'd have more available to buy.

Storey has spent so much showing off, he can't afford to produce anything

#1659 ElectricBoogie

ElectricBoogie

• 475 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:53

At this stage, what's keeping them from selling cans that can be sold at €0.25 at €1?

Just building anticipating, spreading an air of exclusivity?
Or just not selling many cans because it's bad for public health?

Advertisement

#1660 New Britain

New Britain

• 2,373 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 13:08

At this stage, what's keeping them from selling cans that can be sold at €0.25 at €1?

If you haven't got the €0.25 to make the can in the first place....

#1661 pdac

pdac

• 8,460 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 14:15

I'm becoming more and more convinced that they do not intend to make a business out of selling energy drinks. There is something more going on.

#1662 ElectricBoogie

ElectricBoogie

• 475 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 14:19

If you haven't got the €0.25 to make the can in the first place....

Closer to €0,20, surely?
But if you can afford keeping Gene Haas happy, surely there is a way to fund a few more cans that bear the logo of an F1 team's sponsor.
Heck, one could get the funding to do so blatantly breaching trademark laws. 

Edited by ElectricBoogie, 17 April 2019 - 18:03.

#1663 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,988 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 14:27

Close to €0,20, surely?
But if you can afford keeping Gene Haas happy, surely there is a way to fund a few more cans that bear the logo of an F1 team's sponsor.

I estimate even lower, 13 cent without promotion. https://forums.autos...ergy/?p=8610391

#1664 New Britain

New Britain

• 2,373 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 16:18

Close to €0,20, surely?

I wouldn't know what makes Gene Haas happy. In light of his own dubious history, perhaps he is comfortable dealing with others who, like him, have a penchant for financial creativity.

#1665 RSRally

RSRally

• 1,031 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 17:00

The thing that perplexes me about Storey is that the man seems completely devoid of any sense of embarrassment. Why on earth would anyone voluntarily go around with that absurd mat of hair crawling off his chin? I mean, there are some strange beards out there, but that thing is just foul.

It's all part of the mystique.. i mean if he looked like your local estate agent and the product was actually available in any scale this whole story would be pretty boring.

#1666 Pete_f1

Pete_f1

• 1,482 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 17:44

Anyone read the story about Rich Energy on Autosport.com?

#1667 New Britain

New Britain

• 2,373 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 17:45

It's all part of the mystique.. i mean if he looked like your local estate agent and the product was actually available in any scale this whole story would be pretty boring.

Perhaps, but my decision whether to drink something will be influenced by the apparent hygiene of its manufacturer. I am more likely to trust a boring, squeaky-clean estate agent than I am an uncouth buffoon who looks like the last time he bathed was to celebrate Bernie Ecclestone's 40th birthday.

#1668 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,988 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 18:01

Anyone read the story about Rich Energy on Autosport.com?

Ik not a plus member

#1669 BRG

BRG

• 17,200 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 18:34

If the product had been actually available - on the supermarket shelf for instance - I doubt if anyone would have even considered questioning the company's credentials in the first place.  Beard or not.

#1670 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 21,063 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 19:40

Ik not a plus member

Useless article, answer nothing, explain nothing. This thread is immensely better as a news source and feature story.

:cool:

#1671 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • RC Forum Host

• 20,817 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 19:53

Perhaps, but my decision whether to drink something will be influenced by the apparent hygiene of its manufacturer. I am more likely to trust a boring, squeaky-clean estate agent than I am an uncouth buffoon who looks like the last time he bathed was to celebrate Bernie Ecclestone's 40th birthday.

So you assume that a man with a beard doesn’t wash?

#1672 New Britain

New Britain

• 2,373 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 20:08

Just because a man has a beard - no.

A man who is an unkempt mess and is proud of it - yes.

#1673 TheGoldenStoffel

TheGoldenStoffel

• 546 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 20:40

Useless article, answer nothing, explain nothing. This thread is immensely better as a news source and feature story.

Why there are still people who pay for their rubbish is beyond me by the way.

Autosport used to be the class leading motorsport publication but the low quality articles they put out these days is almost embarrassing, and then they expect people to pay for it as well...

#1674 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 21,063 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 22:25

Why there are still people who pay for their rubbish is beyond me by the way.

Autosport used to be the class leading motorsport publication but the low quality articles they put out these days is almost embarrassing, and then they expect people to pay for it as well...

More readable than no readable articles, this one was not one of the readable - I have little idea of the videos quality since I read my magazines, and watch TV for the visuals.

#1675 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 8,448 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 22:53

Concur with KWSM, the article is not up to much at all. More a Red Bull history lesson and a vehicle where the author could do a little name dropping. Far more information in this thread.

#1676 Widefoot2

Widefoot2

• 439 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 07:51

I wouldn't know what makes Gene Haas happy. In light of his own dubious history, perhaps he is comfortable dealing with others who, like him, have a penchant for financial creativity.

He had one major financial crime when he tried "getting back" his loss from a suit with Hurco (another machine tool builder) by cooking his taxes.  After his fraud and intimidation convictions in 2007, I can't remember any other incidence of malfeasance.  If he's been clean since then I'm not sure a blanket "penchant for financial creativity" accusation is fair.

A different story is his company's policy of obsoleting older machines by claiming unavailability of certain parts needed for repairs, when this is BS, as any of the electronics parts could be made anew if they wanted.  It's a poorly conceived plan to get owners of older machine to upgrade, but will likely push a lot of us to other vendors.

#1677 statman

statman

• 5,004 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:52

57787322_2591882704371996_65504855897164

#1678 BillyWhizz

BillyWhizz

• 778 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 13:28

He had one major financial crime when he tried "getting back" his loss from a suit with Hurco (another machine tool builder) by cooking his taxes.  After his fraud and intimidation convictions in 2007, I can't remember any other incidence of malfeasance.  If he's been clean since then I'm not sure a blanket "penchant for financial creativity" accusation is fair.

A different story is his company's policy of obsoleting older machines by claiming unavailability of certain parts needed for repairs, when this is BS, as any of the electronics parts could be made anew if they wanted.  It's a poorly conceived plan to get owners of older machine to upgrade, but will likely push a lot of us to other vendors.

So if not crooked, unethical and exploitative of his customers then. It seems to me that what you give in your first paragraph, you take away in the second.

#1679 BRG

BRG

• 17,200 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 17:04

Hashtag heaven...but he forgot the important one  -   #loadofbollocks

Advertisement

#1680 BalanceUT

BalanceUT

• 2,072 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 18:16

I emailed the Advertising Standards Agency last month about Rich Energy's 'British' credentials regarding manufacturing etc, which we have discovered to be false in this wonderful thread. I got a reply today (these things take time of course) from them explaining that they agree and they think the advertising Rich has on its website to be in breach of its codes!

It will be interesting to see what further comes of this, certainly Rich should need to change their website content in order to reflect the truth rather than their brand ideal.

If a guy who looks like he belongs in a ZZ Top cover band knocks on your door, don't open it. 

#1681 New Britain

New Britain

• 2,373 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 18:44

I tried to express my previous post in a way that would not get too close to the line.

It's a matter of pubic record that Haas paid a $75m fine and agreed to a 24-month prison sentence (of which he served 16 months). That deal was a plea bargain, as he was actually accused of witness intimidation in addition to the tax fraud. If instead he'd gone to trial and been found guilty on all charges, his punishment would have been considerably harsher.

To receive the kind of punishment that he did, he didn't just miss his filing deadline. As you say, he cooked his taxes, as in he ran a scheme through multiple companies including fake ones to create out of thin air tens of millions of fictitious expenses in order to hide the true profitability of his company and his personal income.

Although over the years many racing team owners or principals have been shall we say "cute" in handling financial matters, he is the only one that I can think of who spent time inside, so in that sense one might say that he is the worst offender.

We have no evidence that Storey and Rich Energy have done anything wrong. At the same time, Rich Energy is a company of no fixed abode with no visible resources to its name, and its front-man's business history is not filled with great success stories. We're not talking Jim Ratcliffe here.

Thus I reckoned that, of all the F1 team bosses, Gene Haas was the most likely to find a place in his heart for Buffalo Bill Storey.

#1682 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 13,456 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 23:10

That's exactly what I was thinking. 

Just because a man has a beard - no.

A man who is an unkempt mess and is proud of it - yes.

Somebody who doesn't understand the difference between scruffy and unclean. I enjoy being really scruffy. It makes so many people that I meet jump to entirely untrue assumptions. And so I can find out very quickly whether they are the sort of person who judges a book by it's cover.

#1683 Counterbalance

Counterbalance

• 1,135 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 23:14

Rich Energy sponsored Lucas Browne, ex 'regular' WBO heavyweight world champion in his fight against Dave Allen at the O2 arena this evening. Browne wore black and gold trunks, with the Rich Energy logo. William Storey was in attendance, too.

The fight was the headline gig on a Matchroom Promotions card, live on Sky and streamed all over the world via the DAZN subscription platform.

So if Rich Energy can fool an F1 team into advertising their product on a global platform once a fortnight and also charm their way into sponsoring a headline boxer then perhaps Mr Storey & co. are a bit more credible than quite a few in this thread seem to think they may be.

#1684 New Britain

New Britain

• 2,373 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 23:42

That's exactly what I was thinking. 

Somebody who doesn't understand the difference between scruffy and unclean. I enjoy being really scruffy. It makes so many people that I meet jump to entirely untrue assumptions. And so I can find out very quickly whether they are the sort of person who judges a book by it's cover.

There are first impressions, then second impressions, then third, et al. One must form opinions, albeit tentative, as information arrives. I doubt that anyone can ever know another person 100%. The picture is always incomplete. We must rely on what we have.

The first impression in this case is that William Storey feels the need to "make a statement", to call attention to himself by swanning around behind a ludicrous mat of hair. It seems obvious that this guy is not simply indifferent to what others think of him. He's hardly too cool to care. To the contrary, his scruffiness appears to be completely contrived, for show.

Okay, that's just the first impression. Let's stay open-minded, give him the benefit of the doubt.

Upon further scrutiny, what do we find? As the 1600+ posts on this thread reveal, upon further scrutiny we have found that this guy is fronting for a company with no detectable assets, no accessible product, just an endless stream of BS usually featuring yet another photo of the bearded wonder.

Albert Einstein appeared not to care about how he looked, because his mind was on more important things. Storey appears to care very much indeed about how he looks, but the best he could come with is this fuzzy-wuzzy thing.

#1685 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 13,456 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 23:46

There are first impressions, then second impressions, then third, et al. One must form opinions, albeit tentative, as information arrives. I doubt that anyone can ever know another person 100%. The picture is always incomplete. We must rely on what we have.

The first impression in this case is that William Storey feels the need to "make a statement", to call attention to himself by swanning around behind a ludicrous mat of hair. It seems obvious that this guy is not simply indifferent to what others think of him. He's hardly too cool to care. To the contrary, his scruffiness appears to be completely contrived, for show.

Okay, that's just the first impression. Let's stay open-minded, give him the benefit of the doubt.

Upon further scrutiny, what do we find? As the 1600+ posts on this thread reveal, upon further scrutiny we have found that this guy is fronting for a company with no detectable assets, no accessible product, just an endless stream of BS usually featuring yet another photo of the bearded wonder.

Albert Einstein appeared not to care about how he looked, because his mind was on more important things. Storey appears to care very much indeed about how he looks, but the best he could come with is this fuzzy-wuzzy thing.

You are trying to justify judging a book by it's cover with that post. 

#1686 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 8,448 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 23:53

Rich Energy sponsored Lucas Browne, ex 'regular' WBO heavyweight world champion in his fight against Dave Allen at the O2 arena this evening. Browne wore black and gold trunks, with the Rich Energy logo. William Storey was in attendance, too.
The fight was the headline gig on a Matchroom Promotions card, live on Sky and streamed all over the world via the DAZN subscription platform.
So if Rich Energy can fool an F1 team into advertising their product on a global platform once a fortnight and also charm their way into sponsoring a headline boxer then perhaps Mr Storey & co. are a bit more credible than quite a few in this thread seem to think they may be.

Lucas Browne only lasted two and a bit rounds so they didn't get much coverage. Just as well that that he didn't fall on his back when he went down.

#1687 Counterbalance

Counterbalance

• 1,135 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 06:52

Lucas Browne only lasted two and a bit rounds so they didn't get much coverage. Just as well that that he didn't fall on his back when he went down.

Agreed, but that wasn't really the point I was making.

Edited by Counterbalance, 21 April 2019 - 06:52.

#1688 Widefoot2

Widefoot2

• 439 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:51

So if not crooked, unethical and exploitative of his customers then. It seems to me that what you give in your first paragraph, you take away in the second.

So what you're saying is he's a capitalist.  While I don't like how he's handling the older parts situation, he isn't violating any laws that I'm aware of.  So if I don't like what he's doing I have the option of looking to other vendors of machine tools.  Which is what I and many others are doing.

Or are you just looking for any reason to bash the guy?  There's plenty, but you can look to Ecclestone,Williams and most recently and grandly, a certain Vijay Mallya (who has, to put it kindly, "piqued the interest" of India's government) for others who ran close to, and perhaps at times, over the laws or ethical standards. 

And for exploitative, what team has not worked their engineers and mechanics far past the reasonable balance of hours worked to actual compensation?  Or team leaders who've locked-in their advantages and refused the opportunity for lesser teams to catch up?

Please.  I fully admit that Haas has areas where they stink, but it's not like the other teams just walked out of a Chanel N°5 factory...

Edited by Widefoot2, 21 April 2019 - 07:52.

#1689 Widefoot2

Widefoot2

• 439 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:56

Although over the years many racing team owners or principals have been shall we say "cute" in handling financial matters, he is the only one that I can think of who spent time inside, so in that sense one might say that he is the worst offender.

At the moment.  As mentioned in my above post (#1688), there's another (ex) team owner who's likely to see some "quiet time" at his government's pleasure.

Edited by Widefoot2, 21 April 2019 - 09:56.

#1690 pdac

pdac

• 8,460 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:19

That's what I took from it. Justifying what the vast majority of people actually do.

#1691 New Britain

New Britain

• 2,373 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:30

William Storey is trying to market the way he looks and make himself a conversation piece. If he goes out of his way to do that, one can hardly complain that his audience react to it.

#1692 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 8,448 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:45

Agreed, but that wasn't really the point I was making.

I know, just teasing.

#1693 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,407 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:02

I believe you misrepresent the general feeling here.

Most of us have now come to the conclusion that money is indeed flowing from the accounts of 'Rich Energy' to the different teams/persons sponsored. Otherwise there wouldn't be signage on the cars trunks and lids. What we DO believe is that this money is not generated by sales of energy drinks. Or paid by Mr. Storey himself. We are just trying to find out who is the money men, why the money is flowing and how this is legal.

#1694 Anja

Anja

• 4,444 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:10

If they really planned to launch proper mass sales in supermarkets and such you'd think they would time it to coincide with the highest point of interest in their brand - the Haas season launch or the first F1 race. Yet they missed it and the public interest is going down already. 

#1695 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,988 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:17

There is nobody who doubts he has the sponsor money for month and month. That's not the issue (if there is one to start which). The point we make, even after all this time, you can't, or very hard find/buy the product. Where does the money come from? There is no proof at all it comes from his claimed "in 40 countries sold" claim for instance.

#1696 pdac

pdac

• 8,460 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:29

If they really planned to launch proper mass sales in supermarkets and such you'd think they would time it to coincide with the highest point of interest in their brand - the Haas season launch or the first F1 race. Yet they missed it and the public interest is going down already. 

Which is exactly why I'm getting the feeling this has nothing to do with marketing an energy drink. I have no idea what is going on but, clearly:

1. They have a large source of cash

2. The amount they are spending and they way that they are spending it is not at all consistent with the rest of their energy drink operation

3. In my mind, at least, if all they are doing is marketing an energy drink, the numbers just don't add up

Edited by pdac, 21 April 2019 - 12:30.

#1697 Barge

Barge

• 28 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 13:08

Well of course there is a large source of cash available-it was supplied by the bunch of mugs who decided to jump onto the bandwagon and invest into his 'vision'. Most of the cash went on sponsorship of Haas. 

But that money has a limit. Investors want a winning team, be it F1, has-been Boxers (nice result by Lucas Browne BTW), Dakota Schuetz (who the hell is interested in an adult going around on scooters?), West Ham Ladies Football Club or motor-racing wannabe's.

Based on results-their return must be negligible. Winning mean exposure which should result in a massive amount of sales due to customer interest. Coming 10th. 11th, 12th or 13th in a field of about 20 does not equate to a winning team, no matter how much their TV presence generates.

Having 'ambassadors' costs him nothing. A few promises about being on board a juggernaut with promised future revenue or possible shares/exposure are only words. 

https://richenergy.com/ambassadors/  Quite a motley crew. 

The apathy towards the drink is palpable. But what is more than likely to happen is that he'll sell the idea/concept/vision to a real drinks company and then bugger off, leaving a trail of broken promises, unpaid bills and unfulfilled investors. 

And more than likely turn up running another Ponzi (Pyramid) scheme

Edited by Barge, 21 April 2019 - 13:10.

#1698 New Britain

New Britain

• 2,373 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 13:46

Which is exactly why I'm getting the feeling this has nothing to do with marketing an energy drink. I have no idea what is going on but, clearly:

1. They have a large source of cash

2. The amount they are spending and they way that they are spending it is not at all consistent with the rest of their energy drink operation

3. In my mind, at least, if all they are doing is marketing an energy drink, the numbers just don't add up

Nor does the strategy add up.

Nobody spends millions on a global ad campaign without a product that consumers are able to buy. If you cannot monetise your advertising, there is no point in having it in the first place.

This title sponsorship was announced six months ago (and let's not forget that supposedly Rich Energy wanted to buy Force India ten months ago). Why would you possibly make such a big spending commitment whilst knowing that you would not have product to sell on the back of it for many months (if ever) after the ad campaign was launched?

#1699 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 9,653 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 14:43

Spotted Storey on the tv at the pub last night behind a decidely mediocre boxer (I know nothing about boxing but he lost and looked pretty rubbish)... I'm convinced his main aim with RE is just to attend as much of the live sport he enjoys as possible...

Advertisement

#1700 Counterbalance

Counterbalance

• 1,135 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 14:59

Spotted Storey on the tv at the pub last night behind a decidely mediocre boxer (I know nothing about boxing but he lost and looked pretty rubbish)... I'm convinced his main aim with RE is just to attend as much of the live sport he enjoys as possible...

Lucas Browne, ex WBO 'regular' heavyweight world champion. 40 years old now, past his prime, but still a relatively well known name in the boxing community.

Edited by Counterbalance, 21 April 2019 - 15:00.