* * * * - 16 votes

What is 'Rich Energy'?

• Please log in to reply
5483 replies to this topic

#4301 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 13,531 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:16

I’m really struggling to understand what WS has? A half arsed distribution network a lock up storage facility and a temporary office for an abomination of a brand in a mess. Why don’t the investors just let him have it and all the crap, and start again with a new brand, a new sponsorship contract with Haas and get going with their own production and distribution. I’m sure they’d be ahead of RE/LV in a week without the baggage. If there is any claims to be made do that on the side, but why fight to control a disaster zone? It’s a free market, nothing stopping anyone launching a product in the energy drink sector. Weird.

Advertisement

#4302 Imperial

Imperial

• 3,942 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:26

Hence my thoughts further up that it still stinks of a cover-up of something, or protecting something or someone.

#4303 phrank

phrank

• 1,151 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:39

Think the investors try to salvage some of their investments?

#4304 RSRally

RSRally

• 911 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:40

The investors said they wanted to continue with the Haas deal, but it's not clear whether they forced this deal with BDG or Storey did.

However the rest of them are still named as shareholders so i guess it's the former.

#4305 player1s

player1s

• 239 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:46

https://twitter.com/...6403253248?s=20

Tomorrow, Vin-X will seek a court order to have William Storey reveal financial details of his sale of Rich Energy to the BDG Group. Also seeking 20% of the company shares and will be petitioning for the bankruptcy of Storey, joining Whyte Bikes in doing so. #RichEnergy

#4306 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 13,531 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:51

Think the investors try to salvage some of their investments?

Starting again with a clean sheet of paper whilst retrieving prior investments are not mutually exclusive actions though.

If for example they somehow rescind all WS recent actions, take control of RE/LV and square up Whye Bikes... they’re still in a position where they need to design a new logo, produce cans, fill with juice and distribute and sell... it’s still Rich Energy in that scenario and that brand just has no brand equity at all. Anyone who has heard of it is laughing at it and will never consider it a “premium” brand...

I would have thought given there is no substantial success/awareness of the Rich Energy brand at this point (and that there is isn’t good) they’d be far better of distancing themselves with a new company/brand/logo.

So if they are serious about competing in the Energy Drink sector, surely the only meat on the RE bone is money... and it sounds like Gene Haas has most of that...

#4307 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 9,463 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:06

Looking at this video now on July the 17th, it feels like an absolute LSD fueled fever dream.

Very post-modernist surrealism.

#4308 RSRally

RSRally

• 911 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:13

The £35k awarded to Whyte, was that burden split evenly between Storey, RE and Staxo? Or is that £35k each?

And if Storey was going to give up his share of the company to BDG for nothing, why not just give VinX the share they were owed and avoid the trouble. All so weird.

#4309 New Britain

New Britain

• 2,225 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:24

The £35k awarded to Whyte, was that burden split evenly between Storey, RE and Staxo? Or is that £35k each?

And if Storey was going to give up his share of the company to BDG for nothing, why not just give VinX the share they were owed and avoid the trouble. All so weird.

It is the total sum owed, £35k being a statutory limit on recoverable costs in this sort of action. (Whyte's actual costs must have been much higher.)

The judgment was against all three defendants, so amongst themselves they must pay it, regardless of which of them pays what portion. If the full sum were not paid, all three would be eligible for bankruptcy.

#4310 taran

taran

• 3,055 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:32

A reminder.  Haas went to prison in the US.  He probably made some useful contacts when he was inside.

IIRC, Gene Haas went to jail on tax fraud. That's a white collar crime and will get you time in a Club Fed if you have a decent lawyer. I assume Haas could afford decent lawyers.

So I think Haas mostly met other white collar criminals and exchanged recipes for cooking the books, not how to hire repo-men or the finer details of unraveling a business deal with UZI's.

#4311 Rodaknee

Rodaknee

• 415 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 13:07

IIRC, Gene Haas went to jail on tax fraud. That's a white collar crime and will get you time in a Club Fed if you have a decent lawyer. I assume Haas could afford decent lawyers.

So I think Haas mostly met other white collar criminals and exchanged recipes for cooking the books, not how to hire repo-men or the finer details of unraveling a business deal with UZI's.

Haas went inside for 'criminal' tax evasion and witness intimidation.  Not very white collar.  He may have spend his time in a low security nick as he claimed he was an alcoholic.  He will have met all kinds of criminals when he was locked up.

#4312 RSRally

RSRally

• 911 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 13:09

Looking at this video now on July the 17th, it feels like an absolute LSD fueled fever dream.

The almost sad thing about this is that it was sounding like Storey had accepted the judgement and was trying to move on (we know they submitted a new logo to the trademark body too) so it must be something else that made him go rogue.. probably the second Haas payment being due and him not having the money in the bank to pay it.

#4313 Rodaknee

Rodaknee

• 415 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 13:10

Saxoweb haven't gone down the IP route in an attempt to get out of paying their dues to Whyte Bikes.  There are currently no changes in their ownership at Companies House.

They may get lumbered with paying the lot.

#4314 GiorgioF1

GiorgioF1

• 735 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 13:28

OGPVeKc.png

#4315 player1s

player1s

• 239 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 13:30

yeah...... no.

#4316 Imperial

Imperial

• 3,942 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 13:36

A wet Grand Prix?

#4317 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 9,463 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 13:38

I'm shocked.

#4318 7MGTEsup

7MGTEsup

• 2,116 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 13:38

OGPVeKc.png

Stock photo of lightning? Or is that their new brand logo?

#4319 RSRally

RSRally

• 911 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 13:41

The beard has handed over the twitter password then..

Advertisement

#4320 player1s

player1s

• 239 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 13:46

I really really really doubt that. My money is still on him starting "fresh" with the help of BDG and screwing over everyone else.

#4321 TheLondon

TheLondon

• 17 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 14:09

So has any of the other 'ambassadors' said anything about the news or have left the company? 

#4322 eibyyz

eibyyz

• 283 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 14:23

Haas went inside for 'criminal' tax evasion and witness intimidation.  Not very white collar.  He may have spend his time in a low security nick as he claimed he was an alcoholic.  He will have met all kinds of criminals when he was locked up.

No evidence any of them were bats-hit whackjobs with a nodding knowledge of UK / EU corporate structure, though.  

#4323 eibyyz

eibyyz

• 283 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 14:30

Haas will have to keep Rich Energy on the cars and keep the team name the same, correct?  I'm thinking some can monetize the shi'ite out of this sow's ear.  T-shirts, stickers, thongs, shorts, caps.  

Maybe several someones--LV, Whyte, Haas...

I'd buy a cap, myself.  (Only if Fanatics.com was the vendor.  No fly-by-night pop-up websites.)

#4324 Ellios

Ellios

• 2,174 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 14:35

Peter Windsor removed this from his YT channel?

#4325 TheGoldenStoffel

TheGoldenStoffel

• 424 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 14:44

OGPVeKc.png

I really really really doubt that. My money is still on him starting "fresh" with the help of BDG and screwing over everyone else.

Really strange, I don't think he's given over the login details either because the new owner would not have tweeted this particular tweet as their first tweet.

They would most probably re-brand the account first, then put out a press release distancing themselves from Storey and his tweets and telling the world of their new Lightning Volt brand and their plans for the future.

On the other hand, Storey shouldn't be involved in the Lightning Volt Limited company any longer so I don't see the point of him tweeting about the company he's just lost control over either...

#4326 DeKnyff

DeKnyff

• 1,573 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 14:50

OGPVeKc.png

I imagine their new logo will be a lighting which somewhat replicates or at least is not oppositely different from the Whyte Bikes' antler.

#4327 Alburaq

Alburaq

• 2,194 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 14:51

Storey is one of the biggest liars I know. He's constantly trying to bend reality in his favor. Almost every one of his tweets contain a lie... 

#4328 player1s

player1s

• 239 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 14:51

Its a typical Storey tweet

#4329 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 15,962 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 14:58

Lightning pic = attempt at misdirection, IMO.

#4330 ensign14

ensign14

• 48,867 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 15:15

I imagine their new logo will be a lighting which somewhat replicates or at least is not oppositely different from the Whyte Bikes' antler.

They will turn the stag logo upside down as the logo for Lightning Volt.

Unfortunately Grosjean will end up flipping in more than one race and will inadvertently breach the court order.

#4331 pup

pup

• 1,453 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 15:19

I suspect that Windsor spends a disproportionate amount of time erasing evidence of his gullibility.  

#4332 Andy35

Andy35

• 4,607 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 17:13

Funny that someone hacked the Rich Energy twitter to put up a photo of Bilbo Baggins and Thorin Oakenshield.

D_nK3bsX4AQLXwf.jpg

#4333 Andy35

Andy35

• 4,607 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 17:15

They will turn the stag logo upside down as the logo for Lightning Volt.

:lol:

Isn't that the logo of Whyte Lightning Penny Farthings though ?

Edited by Andy35, 17 July 2019 - 17:17.

#4334 WindmillRacer

WindmillRacer

• 28 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 17:46

Meanwhile in Holland the RE website is still online.

There are actually a few addresses where you can buy the stuff: but hardly impressive for a 'multi million euro business' with 'world class partners': outdoor kart track, ice salon, bar, sun bathing studio, furniture shop, oil\lubricants seller !!

Yeah, really exclusive. Nothing near or in the major urban cities in the west of Holland like Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, Utrecht etc.. Most of the places local in the same province als RE Headquarters.

http://www.richenerg...roothandel.html

Their Dutch distributor Five Star Company, located near the German border in the Venlo area fits nicely in the bigger picture: located at ... Voltaweg (Volta Road) in Maasbree   :p

This is also a pickup point if you don't want to shack the transportation cost of a box of piss poor Rich Energy drink.

The owner also trades on Ebay as handelsplaza_venlo, the other business name of the wholesale company in (mostly) soft drinks.

Handelsplaza Venlo location: https://imgur.com/UOVZv3y

From the eBay site; Storey's new Energy drink? (at least a better name)  https://imgur.com/eVhEe8b

Edited by WindmillRacer, 17 July 2019 - 18:03.

#4335 boomn

boomn

• 319 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 17:49

Of all the different players in this game, I think the best chance of someone actually making a profit in energy drinks is if Whyte Bikes now launched a Whyte Energy brand

#4336 Peat

Peat

• 4,358 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 18:11

giphy.gif

#4337 bargeboard

bargeboard

• 180 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 18:11

Of all the different players in this game, I think the best chance of someone actually making a profit in energy drinks is if Whyte Bikes now launched a Whyte Energy brand

Call it Whyte Lightning.

#4338 loki

loki

• 5,774 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 18:17

It's still prison.  You are confined.  Your movements and actions are controlled and dictated.  The Bureau of Prisons will determine your security level which will determine where you are incarcerated.  The judge, prosecution or your attorney doesn't determine the classification.  Haas was remanded to Lompoc where there is a minimum security prison inside a medium security prison.  In Haas' case he was housed with others with similar non or less violent convictions in a dormitory setting with 50-100 other inmates.  There is zero privacy.   He was able to secure a 500 hour alcohol recovery program, did 12 months of a 24 month bit in Lompoc and 4 months in a halfway house in Ventura.  Only people that have never been incarcerated refer to these as country clubs.

#4339 Maxioos

Maxioos

• 3,875 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 18:28

It's still prison.  You are confined.  Your movements and actions are controlled and dictated.  The Bureau of Prisons will determine your security level which will determine where you are incarcerated.  The judge, prosecution or your attorney doesn't determine the classification.  Haas was remanded to Lompoc where there is a minimum security prison inside a medium security prison.  In Haas' case he was housed with others with similar non or less violent convictions in a dormitory setting with 50-100 other inmates.  There is zero privacy.   He was able to secure a 500 hour alcohol recovery program, did 12 months of a 24 month bit in Lompoc and 4 months in a halfway house in Ventura.  Only people that have never been incarcerated refer to these as country clubs.

12,5 years worked behind the walls and can't agree more. When the door is forced locked behind you, nothing can give more powerless and complete dependent feeling then that. 

Advertisement

#4340 Sunnny

Sunnny

• 807 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 19:30

Hence my thoughts further up that it still stinks of a cover-up of something, or protecting something or someone.

Why would they come to F1 or drag a court case if you have something to hide ? If you have something to cover up you settle the court case asap and most importantly dont generate media exposure by coming to F1 and posting ridiculous attention grabing tweets.. I am sure you have seen lots of rich and famous people who settle out of court rather than fight? This case is nothing more than a chancer who over played his hand. 

Edited by Sunnny, 17 July 2019 - 19:31.

#4341 Rodaknee

Rodaknee

• 415 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 20:26

Why would they come to F1 or drag a court case if you have something to hide ? If you have something to cover up you settle the court case asap and most importantly dont generate media exposure by coming to F1 and posting ridiculous attention grabing tweets.. I am sure you have seen lots of rich and famous people who settle out of court rather than fight? This case is nothing more than a chancer who over played his hand. 

There are a great many people who pay to ensure that all reference to them disappears very quickly from the interweb. Most of them are rich, some are crooks, some have something to hide.  How long will it be before Billy Boy applies to Google to claim the right to be forgotten.

#4342 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 4,755 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 20:32

About that logo... https://www.google.c...biw=412&bih=751

Seemed familiar

#4343 PiperPa42

PiperPa42

• 5,219 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 20:38

About that logo... https://www.google.c...biw=412&bih=751

Seemed familiar

These guys have already stolen the logo

https://bit.ly/2lLuqIk

#4344 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 10,193 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 20:49

These guys have already stolen the logo

https://bit.ly/2lLuqIk

Storey mode: Nah, it is antique now, so free of rights.

#4345 taran

taran

• 3,055 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 20:53

I think you missed my point although descriptions online of some of these club fed prisons sound much better than an average (medium to high security) prison and they likely don't have the gang violence and power plays common to 'normal' prisons. And FYI, the judge can recommend what kind of prison or even a specific prison which is accepted by the Bureau of Prisons in 74% of the cases. This is usually part of a plea deal.

Anyway, my point is that Haas AFAIK didn't mingle with violent criminals and so didn't learn useful contacts to teach Billy boy a lesson or that he would resort to such tactics. He is an ex-white collar criminal. I expect his weapon of choice is a battalion of lawyers.

#4346 Ellios

Ellios

• 2,174 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 20:53

A brief keepy uppy

#4347 FatHarryWhite

FatHarryWhite

• 73 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 21:34

It was taken down ages ago - not sure when exactly, but I posted about it on 26th May. That other copy was already up by then.

#4348 pdac

pdac

• 8,005 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 21:55

There are a great many people who pay to ensure that all reference to them disappears very quickly from the interweb. Most of them are rich, some are crooks, some have something to hide.  How long will it be before Billy Boy applies to Google to claim the right to be forgotten.

I believe Mr Storey's ego is such that he would never want to be forgotten. The only thing he would want to ensure is that, for every bad comment about him, he can make a public response.

#4349 pdac

pdac

• 8,005 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 22:17

So where are we with this story now?

- Storey has off-loaded Rich Energy Limited to a company, BDG, that takes bad companies of your hands in return for a fee

- RIch Energy Limited has changed names to Lightning Volt Limited

- Storey still has Rich Energy Racing, but that company has not done anything so far (and was almost struck off)

- Whyte are still seeking damages from Rich Energy (Lightning Volt), Storey and Staxoweb

- Haas are seeking damagers from Rich Energy Limited (Lightning Volt)

- There are, presumably, investors whose money seems to have disappeared

- There are, possibly, some connected companies (e.g. the IOM link)

So have BDG bitten off more than they can chew?

Has (and if not will) BDG get payment from Storey (or anyone)?

How many (if any) of Storey's problems have been resolved by the sale to BDG?

Will Storey lodge his appeal against the denial of his right to appeal the Whyte decision?

Will Whyte try to recover their entire losses from Storey and, if so, will he volunteer or be forcibly declared bankrupt?

Will Haas continue with their threat to seek £35m damages from Rich Energy Limited (Lightning Volt)?

What will the 'investors' do now? Will they try to form a new Energy Drinks company? If so, will that company sponsor Haas?

Most importantly, what will happen to all of those cans of Rich Energy drink that are out there? Will Whyte succeed in having them destroyed?

Watch this space.

#4350 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 5,342 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 22:47

I now starting to think William Storey must be on drugs or something if that is him posting on twitter.

the drug he's using is a premium drug, it's called 'Rich Energy'

Edited by William Hunt, 17 July 2019 - 22:47.