Photo

Sports Car and Lotus Owner Magazine - is there an archive?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AlCox

AlCox

• 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 21:08

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there is a Sports Car and Lotus Owner Magazine archive that can be accessed for research? Or if any of the original team can be contacted in person?

Best, Al 

Advertisement

#2 RobMk2a

RobMk2a

• 188 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:18

If anyone does have an archive I'm looking for an article in Sports Car I think in Sept 1963 on Vic Downie's TVR Mk2. 

I think the Lotus Owner in the title was dropped at the end of '62. 

Thank you Rob Pennington

#3 cooper997

cooper997

• 2,183 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 19:47

Rob, that issue does have a 2 page feature on Nick Downie's TVR '777 KUR' - message your email and I will scan.

As for the original question, not sure where there's any full collections. Hopefully a Lotus enthusiast might answer this. I have limited issues from late 59.

As for original members (of the editorial team, I guess) as far as I'm aware the likes of Roy Pearl, Patrick Stephens. David Phipps, Alan Brinton & John Blunsden have all passed on. John Sprinzel was a contributor and well into his 80s based in Hawaii.

'AND LOTUS OWNER' was dropped from the tilte in late 1961. I have Aug 61 (Lex Davison Aston on the cover) with it still. By the Dec 61 issue it's gone.

The magazine was of course a sister publication to 'Motor Racing' and as such merged into that title with the Jan 67 issue.

Stephen

Edited by cooper997, 07 December 2018 - 19:49.

#4 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 32,613 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 21:04

The British Library, the Bodleian and the National Library of Scotland all apparently hold copies, although it looks like the NLS may have the most complete run.

https://copac.jisc.a...and lotus owner