* * * * - 3 votes

2019 Car launches and liveries

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#1 statman

statman

• 7,312 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:54

Well, the countdown is on and Ferrari is the first team to announce a launch date: February 15.

Haas: 7 February

Toro Rosso: 11 February

Williams: 11 February

Renault: 12 February

Red Bull: 13 February

Racing Point: 13 February

Mercedes: 13 February

McLaren: 14 February

Ferrari: 15 February

Sauber: 18 February

We will probably see a couple of new liveries as well:

* Racing point? Will they continue with the pink livery or will Stroll mix it up?

* Red Bull? Partnering with Honda, could it mean a new livery with more red/white perhaps?

* Williams? Given that they now have a Polish paydriver with some huge backing and departing sponsors

* McLaren? Lando Norris would like to see the 'old grey/black/Red' if it were up to him.

* Sauber???

* Haas? New sponsor, Rich Energy. They already have been photo shopping themselves online:

2019 Haas

DyzEMVzXQAA-u1J.jpg

2019 Toro Rosso

DzIMh3fXQAIwnDy.jpg

2019 Williams

DzIlL3UX4AEbxOe.jpg

2019 Renault:

DzJfmG4WwAAyUR_.jpg

2019 Mercedes:

DzRySuWXgAAk-aE.jpg

2019 Red Bull:

RB15-1-725x500.jpg

2019 Racing Point:

DzS5x_6X4AIDv5Z.jpg

Edited by statman, 14 February 2019 - 11:49.

Advertisement

#2 A3

A3

• 32,104 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:46

I don't think Red Bull will change their livery any time soon.

The photoshopped Haas looks like a Renault to me.

#3 Anja

Anja

• 10,310 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:51

The photoshopped Haas looks like a Renault to me.

After a brief search it looks like it's based on this year's Sauber. Very professional.

215b3c13d2c04578713e78823511469d.jpg

#4 A3

A3

• 32,104 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:12

I'm sorry, I meant the livery reminds me of Renault.

But good find. ;)

Edited by A3, 14 December 2018 - 12:12.

#5 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,286 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:13

But good find.  ;)

You mean Lotus (or even Wolf).

#6 A3

A3

• 32,104 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:28

You mean Lotus (or even Wolf).

No I did not. I meant Renault. But I get Lotus too.

4jZkTvH.png

Edited by A3, 14 December 2018 - 12:29.

#7 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,286 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:54

That’s yellow not gold.

#8 Anja

Anja

• 10,310 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:58

* Racing point? Will they continue with the pink livery or will Stroll mix it up?

* Red Bull? Partnering with Honda, could it mean a new livery with more red/white perhaps?

* Williams? Given that they now have a Polish paydriver with some huge backing and departing sponsors

* McLaren? Lando Norris would like to see the 'old grey/black/Red' if it were up to him.

* Haas? New sponsor, Rich Energy. They already have been photo shopping themselves online:

Racing Point is basically starting from scratch, anything is possible. 

I don't think Honda changes anything for Red Bull, they didn't have any effect on McLaren which didn't even have a specific livery back then unlike RBR.

Williams will probably stick to white and dark blue, even without Martini those are their colours. Orlen might want to add some bits of red but I'm not expecting it to be a major factor.

McLaren should stay largely the same, after they finally figured out some proper new branding they'll probably want to use it longer than for one year...

But good find.  ;)

I kinda thought so after I posted my response but it fits anyway if you consider my post to be a response to the "photoshopped" part  :cool:

#9 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,286 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 13:09

Racing Point will be pink if BWT stays on. If they get a new major sponsor that could change.

Red Bull haven’t changed their livery dramatically since they started, barring the purple Infiniti splodges. Honda’s presence didn’t alter the Toro Rosso livery much either.

Williams will probably go back to their navy blue house colours with some white.

I think McLaren are trying to build the orange brand and move away from Ron Dennis’ look for the team. I don’t see much change there.

Haas will probably be black and gold if Rich Energy have the money their name suggests. I’d expect them to be the most likely for a mid season livery change as Rich don’t seem to have much substance to them.

Outside of those you’ve named. Toro Rosso will probably stay similar, especially as the blue/silver/red has been popular. Renault will undoubtedly stick with a yellow and black combination. Ferrari will probably slightly vary the amount of white on the car again and Mercedes will look the same again. Only Sauber is a genuine question mark as they seem to randomly swap liveries with little apparent reason. Though you’d expect the Alfa Romeo red to remain.

#10 messy

messy

• 7,491 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 13:14

Probably all the same/similar aside from Williams who lose Martini. I hope McLaren don't change. Their livery was one of the only good things about their 2018. 

Edited by messy, 14 December 2018 - 13:14.

#11 A3

A3

• 32,104 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 13:28

That’s yellow not gold.

Uhm yes. And?

#12 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 7,875 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 13:38

I actually didn’t like the McLaren Orange livery. Reminded me of ‘team lotus’ appropriation

#13 Beri

Beri

• 11,617 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 14:25

Woking will retain its orange scheme. Cant see any reason for them to change it. It was a part of their new identity. So unless a new new identity is being created, the colors wont change.
Williams will go back to blue, white ans splashes of red. So expect a more 2012 like livery of them. It would seriously disappoint me, but thats what I suspect.
Red Bull will never change much. The biggest change during the past seasons was when they introduced the matte finish.
Sauber will be a questionmark. I hope they add in more red.
Stroll India will remain pink as BWT will stay onboard for at least one year, since their contract will end at the end of 2019.
Haas to black and gold for the obvious reasons.

The rest of the teams, well they wont change a lot in my book.

#14 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 14:41

Sauber will be a questionmark. I hope they add in more red.

I'm actually surprised Alfa Romeo Sauber hasn't introduced more green. There is so many red and white on the grid already. Especially since Haas, Sauber and Williams were often near each other it wasn't always immediately obvious which car was which.

If they go all in with the Alfa Romeo emblem they could even bring back that classic Jordan '97 snake look. :cool:

#15 aportinga

aportinga

• 10,601 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 15:21

I would love too see Renault go back to the R26 color scheme or even a french blue would be excellent. It would be nice to see RedBull mix in some red and white IMO.

Are the Ferrari cars back to Corsa Rosa? Seemed they went a little orange/red during the Malboro/Schumacher days and never quite went back all the way. In any case I won't support them until they bring back the black front and black wings!  :smoking:

Racing Point/FI has the worst scheme - they need to do something about that.

Williams - despite being shitty have had some nice designs so I am looking forward to that launch.

Edited by aportinga, 14 December 2018 - 15:22.

#16 Andrew Hope

Andrew Hope

• 7,911 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 15:37

What I like: new crazy designs and colors
Don't like: copying old liveries to trigger nostalgia

#17 AustinF1

AustinF1

• 20,613 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:26

Are the Ferrari cars back to Corsa Rosa? Seemed they went a little orange/red during the Malboro/Schumacher days and never quite went back all the way. In any case I won't support them until they bring back the black front and black wings!  :smoking:

This.

#18 AustinF1

AustinF1

• 20,613 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:28

After a brief search it looks like it's based on this year's Sauber. Very professional.

Seriously, wow.

This whole Rich Energy thing is utterly suspect imho.

#19 ernestomodena

ernestomodena

• 431 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 08:28

I hope we get some more Identity cars and less white. Haas with gold and black is a good start a full yellow Renault.

Advertisement

#20 rockdude101

rockdude101

• 578 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:19

If RP keep the pink livery then at least there's some variation in colour. 

Williams with red? Nah, always been navy and white for me. 

I do hope though that the teams also send out some nice high quality photoshopped Halo-Free versions for the fans. Doesn't take much work and they always look the business.  :cool:

#21 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,286 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:50

Williams with red? Nah, always been navy and white for me. 

I think Sir Frank vowed never to paint his cars red again after 1998/99.

#22 taz

taz

• 557 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:03

I think Sir Frank vowed never to paint his cars red again after 1998/99.

I expect something similar to the liveries they had between 2011-2013. PDVSA also had a red color scheme, just like Orlen. But the main livery still was blue-white

Picture below is the car in respectively 2011, 2012, 2013. I love the 2011 one :)

DfkN5Qb.jpg

Edited by taz, 15 December 2018 - 10:06.

#23 THEWALL

THEWALL

• 2,624 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:31

The should change the mandatory tyre swap for a mandatory livery change every season...

#24 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 4,763 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 22:46

I expect something similar to the liveries they had between 2011-2013. PDVSA also had a red color scheme, just like Orlen. But the main livery still was blue-white

Picture below is the car in respectively 2011, 2012, 2013. I love the 2011 one :)

DfkN5Qb.jpg

Posting any photo of a car with stepped nose should be forbidden.

#25 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,286 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 23:29

Posting any photo of a car with stepped nose should be forbidden.

But posting a picture of the last winning Williams should be mandatory.

#26 RA2

RA2

• 3,019 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 04:35

DtVS6XbX4AAbN3-.jpg

Edited by RA2, 16 December 2018 - 04:37.

#27 RA2

RA2

• 3,019 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 06:13

or this with Petronas substituted with orlen

414a81aef93c53c2edd9f1e1f3a34ae8.jpg

Edited by RA2, 16 December 2018 - 06:13.

#28 WilliamsF1Fan

WilliamsF1Fan

• 1,382 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 08:04

I doubt Williams will have that much white on their car post Martini.  It's just not their colour scheme and PKN Orlen are not title sponsors so wouldn't get to 'suggest' a livery for the team.  I think Williams will go back to navy blue as their 2018 alternate team wear (ie, for where Martini was prohibited) is already more blue than white.  Also no way will JCB be there given they came in due to Stroll.  

#29 RECKLESS

RECKLESS

• 2,821 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 08:09

I hope Sauber gets more red paint on.

#30 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,286 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:15

Also no way will JCB be there given they came in due to Stroll.  

JCB are nothing to do with Stroll.

Chris Murray, Williams' marketing director, explains, partnerships with companies now extend far beyond decals on a car.

Murray also cites the JCB digger firm as another brand that wanted to tie up with Williams thanks to a similar philosophy - and one of their values in the relationship is to invite key customers to races.

"Like Williams, they are a classic British firm, family owned with second-generation family management, and the value they get from the relationship with us is through the further relationships they can establish in meeting CEOs of other companies at races. Both the Paddock Club and our own motorhome can be great places to do business."

https://www.autospor...-formula-1-team

They, like Williams are a family run business.

#31 WilliamsF1Fan

WilliamsF1Fan

• 1,382 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:32

JCB are nothing to do with Stroll.

https://www.autospor...-formula-1-team

They, like Williams are a family run business.

WILLIAMS F1 and construction equipment manufacturer JCB are proud to announce a new partnership ahead of the 2017 season. The agreement is one of a number that will be made following the appointment of Lance Stroll, as one of the team’s race drivers this year.

As part of the partnership agreement, JCB branding will appear on the Williams Mercedes FW40 chassis and rear wing end plate from the start of the 2017 season. JCB will also feature on Felipe Massa and Lance Stroll’s race suits and helmets, and from the British Grand Prix onwards, all trackside personnel team kit.

#32 RA2

RA2

• 3,019 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:33

Sauber

img-1185_orig.jpg

#33 WilliamsF1Fan

WilliamsF1Fan

• 1,382 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:34

If they stay on, I would be happy enough, but the wording of the initial press release certainly tied JCB in with the Stroll appointment.  

#34 DrF

DrF

• 2,581 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:45

215b3c13d2c04578713e78823511469d.jpg

Needs some green https://www.sauberf1...ners/alfa-romeo

#35 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,286 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:17

WILLIAMS F1 and construction equipment manufacturer JCB are proud to announce a new partnership ahead of the 2017 season. The agreement is one of a number that will be made following the appointment of Lance Stroll, as one of the team’s race drivers this year.

As part of the partnership agreement, JCB branding will appear on the Williams Mercedes FW40 chassis and rear wing end plate from the start of the 2017 season. JCB will also feature on Felipe Massa and Lance Stroll’s race suits and helmets, and from the British Grand Prix onwards, all trackside personnel team kit.

What's the source of that quote? JCB has nothing to do with Stroll so why would they have come in because of him as opposed to just after him?

#36 WilliamsF1Fan

WilliamsF1Fan

• 1,382 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:46

What's the source of that quote? JCB has nothing to do with Stroll so why would they have come in because of him as opposed to just after him?

Direct from the team I'm afraid.

https://www.williams...new-partnership

To be honest I rarely use any other source of information other than directly from the team as everywhere else is unreliable.

Edited by WilliamsF1Fan, 16 December 2018 - 10:59.

#37 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,286 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 11:42

Direct from the team I'm afraid.

https://www.williams...new-partnership

To be honest I rarely use any other source of information other than directly from the team as everywhere else is unreliable.

It only says it's a deal made since Stroll was signed. Those quotes talk about their shared engineering interests and of being British.

#38 NikL

NikL

• 221 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 22:52

I don't understand what McLaren have been doing with their liveries for the past 4 years it's as if the team responsible for the West and Vodafone liveries have all left and were replaced with a graphic design team that are lost and have no idea what to do and they can't even be bothered to put the McLaren tick logo on top of the side pods. :mad:

Whilst I'm on the subject of side pods what is the point in driving round for 4 years with bare side pods - just put the McLaren name on it especially as McLaren Group is helping with finances or maybe they are too embarrassed to do so what with the awful track performance.

The gradual fade in between each colours which the above mentioned liveries both had were one of the reasons they looked so good and what Mercedes have always done with their F1 team. Makes you wonder if McLaren painting the whole car (except wings) in 1 solid colour is for budgetary reasons as I am sure it is far cheaper. They could easily paint next years car in the West livery except use orange instead of silver that would look amazing.

Or if by some miracle Coca-Cola are suddenly title sponsor or a major sponsor the Vodafone livery complete with chrome could easily be used.

As it stands the bare cars this year made McLaren look like a F3 team that was about to fold.

Edited by NikL, 16 December 2018 - 22:53.

#39 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,164 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 23:21

I don't understand what McLaren have been doing with their liveries for the past 4 years it's as if the team responsible for the West and Vodafone liveries have all left and were replaced with a graphic design team that are lost and have no idea what to do and they can't even be bothered to put the McLaren tick logo on top of the side pods. :mad:

Whilst I'm on the subject of side pods what is the point in driving round for 4 years with bare side pods - just put the McLaren name on it especially as McLaren Group is helping with finances or maybe they are too embarrassed to do so what with the awful track performance.

The gradual fade in between each colours which the above mentioned liveries both had were one of the reasons they looked so good and what Mercedes have always done with their F1 team. Makes you wonder if McLaren painting the whole car (except wings) in 1 solid colour is for budgetary reasons as I am sure it is far cheaper. They could easily paint next years car in the West livery except use orange instead of silver that would look amazing.

Or if by some miracle Coca-Cola are suddenly title sponsor or a major sponsor the Vodafone livery complete with chrome could easily be used.

As it stands the bare cars this year made McLaren look like a F3 team that was about to fold.

I can't believe the blasphemy here. Finally we have one of the cleanest looking cars with a great throwback to McLaren history.

43IN76.jpg

r184826.jpg

01.jpg

Edited by Dolph, 16 December 2018 - 23:23.

Advertisement

#40 Beri

Beri

• 11,617 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 23:29

DfkN5Qb.jpg

The 2011 one was a bit of a hommage to the Rothmans liveries. Including the gold and red stripes. But I suspect that the Williams livery will be somewhat like that, yes.

#41 RA2

RA2

• 3,019 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:45

Rothmans  livery did not have any white on the nosecone, had white on top of the cockpit, and the blue was completely different. 

#42 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,286 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:01

Rothmans livery did not have any white on the nosecone, had white on top of the cockpit, and the blue was completely different.

The 2011 livery was a Rothmans throwback though. It was well publicised at the time. They weren’t about to advertise Rothmans of course. So they simply used their own colours in a style that would look like their mid-90s cars.

#43 Burai

Burai

• 1,896 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:00

Ferrari did the same thing with their airbox and nose this year until they had a logo to put on them. It's bad practice to fill the space you're trying to sell as;

a) It makes it look like the space is not for sale.

b) People will associate that space with the original brand, even with the new logo in it.

#44 FLB

FLB

• 29,675 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:40

Racing Point will launch its car in Toronto. This is the first time an F1 car will have been launched in Canada:

https://www.journald...istorique-en-f1 (en français, may only be available in North America)

#45 Radoye

Radoye

• 3,368 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:51

From what little French i can comprehend, the launch will be part of the Toronto car show. I might actually be there! :)

#46 FLB

FLB

• 29,675 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 13:03

That's the plan. It won't happen in Montreal because the Montreal Inernational Auto Show is too early in the year, by about a month.

Edited by FLB, 17 December 2018 - 13:03.

#47 Anja

Anja

• 10,310 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 15:48

I've only seen the phrase "season launch" used. That usually means there's no actual new car, just the old one with new livery (and maybe some bodywork to make it look new) accompanied by a lot of official talk and presentations. In this case probably the reveal of the new name as well. 

Edited by Anja, 17 December 2018 - 15:49.

#48 Radoye

Radoye

• 3,368 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 16:06

I've only seen the phrase "season launch" used. That usually means there's no actual new car, just the old one with new livery (and maybe some bodywork to make it look new) accompanied by a lot of official talk and presentations. In this case probably the reveal of the new name as well. 

Well, since every year we get the same 2010 Red Bull car dressed up in last year's livery (and lately with fatter slick tires too, as if it's going to trick someone to believe it is the current car) last year's FI car dressed up as the current RP car would actually be an improvement. :well:

#49 statman

statman

• 7,312 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 18:15

Racing Point will launch its car in Toronto. This is the first time an F1 car will have been launched in Canada:

https://www.journald...istorique-en-f1 (en français, may only be available in North America)

https://www.autospor...nch-of-new-look

#50 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,283 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 16:10

Renault February 12th

https://twitter.com/...782899776000000