• Please log in to reply
456 replies to this topic

#451 Frood

Frood

• 3,085 posts

Posted Today, 15:04

A rather upset Tom Chilton reckons Blundell should think about quitting:

https://www.autospor...nsider-quitting

Says he has “no spatial awareness” and that “he looks inexperienced”. Seems a bit out-of-character for Chilton so he must be aggrieved.

Advertisement

#452 JHSingo

JHSingo

• 6,196 posts

Posted Today, 15:23

I'm not sure if they showed the qualifying incident in question on Sunday's broadcast or not, but it was rather clumsy.

Blundell is having a real baptism of fire without doubt, but then it was always likely to be the case. I'm not quite sure what or when Blundell last raced prior to this year, but I guess there's a chance he's still quite race rusty.

We often hear the BTCC is one of the hardest series just to jump right into, and this is just another example of it.

#453 f1paul

f1paul

• 6,581 posts

Posted Today, 15:34

I'm not sure if they showed the qualifying incident in question on Sunday's broadcast or not, but it was rather clumsy.

Blundell is having a real baptism of fire without doubt, but then it was always likely to be the case. I'm not quite sure what or when Blundell last raced prior to this year, but I guess there's a chance he's still quite race rusty.

We often hear the BTCC is one of the hardest series just to jump right into, and this is just another example of it.

6 years ago in the British GT 2013 I think

#454 JHSingo

JHSingo

• 6,196 posts

Posted Today, 16:13

On a sort of related note: weren't there plans to introduce a sort of BTCC Super License a while ago, or did I imagine that? I suppose something like that would prevent someone who is rather out their depth coming in to the series, but then again having an ex F1 driver and Le Mans winner on the grid is the sort of publicity not many can offer. No doubt there would be exceptions based on TOCA's discretion if such a system was ever introduced.

Edited by JHSingo, Today, 16:13.

#455 Pete_f1

Pete_f1

• 1,289 posts

Posted Today, 17:20

I want the Ginetta GT5s on the support calendar.

#456 BRG

BRG

• 16,621 posts

Posted Today, 18:04

6 years ago in the British GT 2013 I think

More to the point, has he ever raced FWD?  I am a bit shocked by how poor he seems to be.  Someone a while back here questioned why Nic Hamilton was in the BTCC.  The question might be better directed at Blundell.

#457 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • RC Forum Host

• 17,599 posts

Posted Today, 18:39

Nick doesn’t do any worse than a lot of the BTCC tail enders. Mark was just bringing up the rear the whole time at Thruxton. It just seems strange that he’d be back in racing at this point. He’s clearly very rusty.