Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

2019 - MotoGP, Moto2-3, WSBK, MotoE, WSS, BSB, MotoAmerica, etc.

• Please log in to reply
1070 replies to this topic

#1051 Kulturen

Kulturen

• 818 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:47

As I expected, Imola was their best chance to beat Bautista as it's a very weird non motogp track. It's certainly not gonna happen at Jerez! (or most of the tracks that follow that Bautista has experience on)

Advertisement

#1052 HPT

HPT

• 1,439 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:52

I get that argument. Stoner wasn't a natural dogfighter. He was just brilliantly fast. Marquez is brave, daring, fearless, acrobatic, an absolute force of nature all round but pure one-lap qualifying pace on an empty track? Prime Stoner and prime Lorenzo would probably have a good shot at beating him wouldn't they?

I'm not sure. He's already beaten Lorenzo's number of poles even though he came into MotoGP 5 years later.

#1053 ch103

ch103

• 1,790 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:20

Even though the Suzuki is silky smooth and kind on its tyres, I think the best Rins can hope for this weekend is 2nd place.  Don't get me wrong, I am pulling for him to win it but the nature of Le Mans says MM93 is gonna take this one.  Ducati and Yamaha will be strong too but I think Rins has enough to beat both of those teams.  Time will tell of course but I am looking forward to this grand prix.

#1054 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 7,331 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 16:39

First race off at NW200 in 10 minutes. Racing until 9.00pm and all day Saturday live on BBC Northern Ireland, not geoblocked.

Edited by milestone 11, 16 May 2019 - 18:18.

#1055 messy

messy

• 3,162 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 18:01

Even though the Suzuki is silky smooth and kind on its tyres, I think the best Rins can hope for this weekend is 2nd place.  Don't get me wrong, I am pulling for him to win it but the nature of Le Mans says MM93 is gonna take this one.  Ducati and Yamaha will be strong too but I think Rins has enough to beat both of those teams.  Time will tell of course but I am looking forward to this grand prix.

Le Mans always seems to be good for Yamaha, maybe the best chance of a surprise this weekend is another miracle powered performance from Quartararo on the SIC bike?

#1056 ch103

ch103

• 1,790 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 23:54

Le Mans always seems to be good for Yamaha, maybe the best chance of a surprise this weekend is another miracle powered performance from Quartararo on the SIC bike?

We know he will be motivated but may lose something with the extra PR work that goes into a home GP.

#1057 RPM40

RPM40

• 10,658 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 00:09

I'm not sure. He's already beaten Lorenzo's number of poles even though he came into MotoGP 5 years later.

Marquez has a 48% pole percent in MotoGP. He's on pole every second race. Yet people claim he isn't a strong qualifier.

He is head and shoulders above his contemporaries. Rossi is at 17%!

#1058 ch103

ch103

• 1,790 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:38

Marquez has a 48% pole percent in MotoGP. He's on pole every second race. Yet people claim he isn't a strong qualifier.

He is head and shoulders above his contemporaries. Rossi is at 17%!

That is a mind boggling statistic.  

#1059 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 14,321 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 14:23

Lorenzo, huh?

Please, let it not be a false dwan.

Advertisement

#1060 Nova

Nova

• 10,815 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 15:23

Lorenzo, huh?

Please, let it not be a false dwan.

Did well first day on the last round as well. Crossing my fingers, expecting nothing.

#1061 DS27

DS27

• 3,232 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 19:19

Have people really claimed Marquez isn't a strong qualifier?

Better send round the men in white coats to anyone who thinks that.

#1062 messy

messy

• 3,162 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 19:23

I don't think anyone's saying he's not a strong qualifier at all.

People see what they want sometimes if it suits their narrative!

#1063 HPT

HPT

• 1,439 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 22:29

I don't think anyone's saying he's not a strong qualifier at all.

People see what they want sometimes if it suits their narrative!

I guess people are just disagreeing with your opinion that a prime Stoner (pole 33%) and especially a prime Lorenzo (pole 22%) would give Marc a serious run for his money.

#1064 messy

messy

• 3,162 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:32

Which would be a very fair point, rather than disagreeing with a point nobody's actually made!

I just recall a quote from someone a few years ago who said that if you set up some cones in a car park (a weird analogy tbh) and let them all go hell for leather, Stoner would be the fastest but Marquez would win. The argument that although MM is a great qualifier, its not the absolute best part of his game and Lorenzo (when he's 100% happy) and Stoner would stand a better chance of beating him over one lap than over a race distance. And I kinda get that, because Marquez in a race has this force of will and daredevil brilliance that lets him win races that he really shouldn't. For me, in twenty years time I'll remember Marquez that way rather than anything else.

I think we're witnessing something incredible watching Marquez's career to be honest.

#1065 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 7,331 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:38

Racing due of at ten this morning after three great races on Thursday evening.
Schedule,
Race 1 The Junction Retail & Leisure Park SUPERSPORT RACE
Race 2 ANCHOR BAR SUPERBIKE RACE
Race 3 JOHN M PATERSON SUPERTWIN RACE
Race 4 CP HIRE SUPERSTOCK RACE
Race 5 MERROW HOTEL & SPA NW200 SUPERBIKE RACE

Once again, the BBC are showing all racing live on BBC Northern Ireland

Edited by milestone 11, Yesterday, 08:39.

#1066 Silberpfeil

Silberpfeil

• 234 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:54

Pretty good stuff from Rossi in Q2. After the failed gamble on slicks I was consigned to a start from the back of row 3 or worse, but he pulled out an improvement when people started to fall around him and hardly anyone could find any more time.

As usual, though, Marquez reigns supreme. I’d be annoyed if I wasn’t so impressed.

#1067 Astandahl

Astandahl

• 220 posts

Posted Yesterday, 13:38

Vinales 11th lmao...

#1068 AlexPrime

AlexPrime

• 1,743 posts

Posted Yesterday, 13:45

Racing due of at ten this morning after three great races on Thursday evening.
Schedule,
Race 1 The Junction Retail & Leisure Park SUPERSPORT RACE
Race 2 ANCHOR BAR SUPERBIKE RACE
Race 3 JOHN M PATERSON SUPERTWIN RACE
Race 4 CP HIRE SUPERSTOCK RACE
Race 5 MERROW HOTEL & SPA NW200 SUPERBIKE RACE

Once again, the BBC are showing all racing live on BBC Northern Ireland

And this is the weekend I gave my computer to be fixed of issues.
So I'm stuck with Moto2.
Sigh. :drunk:

#1069 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 14,321 posts

Posted Yesterday, 15:15

This mixed grid spells an easy Marquez win if it's dry and warm tomorrow.

I don't mind him winning, but I would like a nice race as a treat.

If it rains cats and dogs, I'l take any result gladly, as long as no riders get injured in crashes.

Edited by Atreiu, Today, 02:40.

#1070 ch103

ch103

• 1,790 posts

Posted Today, 02:00

Which would be a very fair point, rather than disagreeing with a point nobody's actually made!

I just recall a quote from someone a few years ago who said that if you set up some cones in a car park (a weird analogy tbh) and let them all go hell for leather, Stoner would be the fastest but Marquez would win. The argument that although MM is a great qualifier, its not the absolute best part of his game and Lorenzo (when he's 100% happy) and Stoner would stand a better chance of beating him over one lap than over a race distance. And I kinda get that, because Marquez in a race has this force of will and daredevil brilliance that lets him win races that he really shouldn't. For me, in twenty years time I'll remember Marquez that way rather than anything else.

I think we're witnessing something incredible watching Marquez's career to be honest.

I would like this post because you are right, MM93 is basically so good he is the favorite to win every race he competes in.  But since I always support the Suzuki team, I want Rins to do well.  This race is damage limitation for Alex it seems.  Anything can happen in MotoGP but it looks like MM93 will be "flossing" when he takes the checkered flag tomorrow.

#1071 AlexPrime

AlexPrime

• 1,743 posts

Posted Today, 08:45

This mixed grid spells an easy Marquez win if it's dry and warm tomorrow.

I don't mind him winning, but I would like a nice race as a treat.

If it rains cats and dogs, I'l take any result gladly, as long as no riders get injured in crashes.

I want him to win, but expect a slightly wet race and I'm not sure that he'll be able to finish  :|