Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

2019 - MotoGP, Moto2-3, WSBK, MotoE, WSS, BSB, MotoAmerica, etc.

• Please log in to reply
1983 replies to this topic

#1951 Pete_f1

Pete_f1

• 1,368 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:36

I know a lot of people don't like Marquez but fair play to him for high fiveing the Ducati boss when he got to Parc Ferme

Advertisement

#1952 Ncedi

Ncedi

• 991 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:10

Alex Marquez re-signs for MVDS after Petronas move vetoed by Yamaha. Apparently this is linked to Yamaha still being sour over Sepang 2015 but to punish Alex Marquez??

Here's an article around Lin Jarvis saying the same: https://www.motorcyc...a-marc-marquez/

Edited by Ncedi, 13 August 2019 - 12:19.

#1953 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,523 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:35

Just like Alonso and Honda, it’s amazing seeing massive corporations holding grudges like this.

How can a company hate someone that much that they would not only throw away championships (Marc on a Yamaha, and therefore also Honda without him), but that they even hate his brother just for being related to him?

That is some serious school yard heart break type revenge going on there.

#1954 MCR

MCR

• 938 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 14:36

Alex Marquez re-signs for MVDS after Petronas move vetoed by Yamaha. Apparently this is linked to Yamaha still being sour over Sepang 2015 but to punish Alex Marquez??

Here's an article around Lin Jarvis saying the same: https://www.motorcyc...a-marc-marquez/

Bullcrap..  There is a much simpler explanation, Aleix isn't good enough.  There are load of people that I would choose before AM.

Edited by MCR, 13 August 2019 - 14:36.

#1955 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 14,682 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 15:46

Just like Alonso and Honda, it’s amazing seeing massive corporations holding grudges like this.

How can a company hate someone that much that they would not only throw away championships (Marc on a Yamaha, and therefore also Honda without him), but that they even hate his brother just for being related to him?

HRC and Biaggi, if we keep it to bikes.

#1956 ehagar

ehagar

• 6,524 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 15:58

HRC and Biaggi, if we keep it to bikes.

Well, remember he didn't have a ride ANYWHERE for 1 season. It seemed like no Japanese teams in MotoGP would touch him. He was toxic.

#1957 NixxxoN

NixxxoN

• 1,935 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 16:25

Yamaha are stupid to act like that, even more so since they are struggling for so many time. Marquez issue was with Rossi not Yamaha. Yamaha should "thank" Rossi himself for losing it in 2016.

They may veto but inside their minds they know they would love to have Marc at Yamaha.

#1958 as65p

as65p

• 21,956 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 17:14

They may veto but inside their minds they know they would love to have Marc at Yamaha.

I think they would rather love to be able and build a bike to beat Honda (and Marquez) with.

#1959 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 14,682 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 19:33

As I understand it, Yamaha have all 4 riders for 2020. Was Alex after a 5th bike? Anyhow, it does not make the Marquez ban any more or less reasonable.

But something remains queer in Yamaha. Petronas have raised the budget so Quartararo gets a factory spec bike in 2020, but Yamaha have not yet committed to it. What the hell could be holding them back? Rossi, Maverick, the factory team itself? This hesitation is incredibly dangerous. HRC, KTM or Ducati might just wave a fat check with a factory bike attatched in front of Quartararo and he might just leave.

All three of those factories have money, means and reasons to pursue Quartararo. How stupid will Yamaha look if they lose him?

Advertisement

#1960 messy

messy

• 3,538 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 19:41

I understand Honda wanting Alonso to go take a running jump because he openly and publicly mocked them.

This is totally, totally different, Alex Marquez doesn’t deserve to be punished for something his brother did give years ago. Crazy.

#1961 Rodaknee

Rodaknee

• 381 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 20:52

This is totally, totally different, Alex Marquez doesn’t deserve to be punished for something his brother did give years ago. Crazy.

This is about keeping Rossi sweet.  There are plans for Rossi to run a 2nd Yamaha team when he finally hangs up his boots.  Yamaha believe they need Rossi to help sales.  It's Rossi who has the problem with the Marquez family.

#1962 as65p

as65p

• 21,956 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:09

I understand Honda wanting Alonso to go take a running jump because he openly and publicly mocked them.

This is totally, totally different,

Indeed it is. With Alonso it was ultimately just words (while doing his best at what he was paid for, driving the car with that marvellous lump in the back).

What Yamaha feels Marquez did to them OTOH involved a bit more than just words.

Alex Marquez doesn’t deserve to be punished for something his brother did give years ago. Crazy.

That's true, he doesn't deserve it. At the same time he hasn't any rights to demand a Yamaha MotoGP seat.

#1963 Ncedi

Ncedi

• 991 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 16:17

The thing is it wasn't Alex Marquez demanding a Yamaha. Petronas approached him with a more obvious path to MotoGP. Yamaha vetoed Petronas from signing Marquez and ultimately putting him on their bike. Leaving MVDS to Petronas without a route to MotoGP makes no sense.

Edited by Ncedi, 14 August 2019 - 16:17.

#1964 HPT

HPT

• 1,487 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 21:58

We are talking about Rossi or Jarvis blocking Alex Márquez’s move because of Marc but this article says that it is because of Alzamora. Yamaha doesn’t want him in their garage. It’s in Indonesian but that’s what it says:

https://www.google.c...-15949.html/amp

#1965 Pete_f1

Pete_f1

• 1,368 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 14:33

https://www.bbc.co.u...rshire-49355787 Danny Kent: World champion rider admits carrying knife during scuffle What a plonker. (My brother used to give him a lift to work as they worked at the same place and lived around the corner from each other)

Edited by Pete_f1, 15 August 2019 - 14:34.

#1966 Rodaknee

Rodaknee

• 381 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 14:48

https://www.bbc.co.u...rshire-49355787 Danny Kent: World champion rider admits carrying knife during scuffle What a plonker. (My brother used to give him a lift to work as they worked at the same place and lived around the corner from each other)

Working as a debt collector - on the slippery slope.

#1967 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 14,682 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 15:24

Jesus, seems like one of those stories which we know won't end well but still have to see happen in slow motion.

#1968 KinoNoNo

KinoNoNo

• 267 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 16:44

Wow, life came at him fast.

#1969 messy

messy

• 3,538 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 16:46

Danny Kent......from the second he crossed the line to win the British Grand Prix in Moto3 back in what, 2015, his career has been an absolute ****ing car crash. Terrible. Almost choked the title from a seemingly unassailable position, crashed and burned in Moto2 then oblivion. It’s sad. At one point I really believed in him.

#1970 Pete_f1

Pete_f1

• 1,368 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 16:52

Sorry for the formatting of my post, I was using my win 10 instead of my tablet.

His career has gone down the swanny

#1971 ch103

ch103

• 1,838 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 00:21

So KTM and Tech3 have both left Moto2 to focus on MotoGP and Moto3.  In Tech3's case, they never entered Moto3 before.  Is the strategy here that a manufacturer has to lock in the next MM93 at the Moto3 level, arrange for a Moto2 ride and then promote to the MotoGP team?

#1972 ehagar

ehagar

• 6,524 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:09

So KTM and Tech3 have both left Moto2 to focus on MotoGP and Moto3.  In Tech3's case, they never entered Moto3 before.  Is the strategy here that a manufacturer has to lock in the next MM93 at the Moto3 level, arrange for a Moto2 ride and then promote to the MotoGP team?

Maybe. Moto2 championships don't seem to mean in regards to how well a rider will adapt to MotoGP machinery. 

#1973 Rodaknee

Rodaknee

• 381 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:48

Danny Kent......from the second he crossed the line to win the British Grand Prix in Moto3 back in what, 2015, his career has been an absolute ****ing car crash. Terrible. Almost choked the title from a seemingly unassailable position, crashed and burned in Moto2 then oblivion. It’s sad. At one point I really believed in him.

Apparently Kent starting acting like he was royalty in Moto2.  He's lost the MV ride in BSB, Gino Rea is riding the bike at Cadwell this weekend.

#1974 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 21,271 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 06:11

Well, that's rock bottom if ever I saw one.

#1975 ehagar

ehagar

• 6,524 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 13:37

I lost the worst ride in BSB. Hoo boy. Rock bottom indeed.

#1976 Rodaknee

Rodaknee

• 381 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 20:02

Motorcycle racers know they're going to fall off a couple of times in a season.  Sometimes they get knocked off their bikes by another riders, but FFS for Scott Redding to be taken out by Andrew Irwin 3 times this year is unbelievable.  I can see some 'back of the garages' action taking place is Irwin goes anywhere near Scott during the rest of the season.

https://www.bikespor...r-redding-clash

#1977 Sash1

Sash1

• 788 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:57

https://www.racespor...-het-programma/

Open Electric Superbike competition bike catches fire while charging in Assen last friday.

They only had one real race this year and it is cancelled because of this incident. 

To be honest, I do not think that electric bikes have a future. The batteries are to fragile. Just drop the bike in the pit, or worse, crash it and the battery should be replaced. In our firefighters squad we also notice more and more e-bicycle fires which are related to dropped bikes and crashes. 

#1978 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,523 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:20

Surely a dropped bike is nothing compared to the kinetic energy that goes through a Formula E and F1 car during just normal laps, let alone crashes. We’re not seeing race car batteries going up in flames despite the hard knocks they endure, so wouldn’t this issue be something more specific to the battery design in MotoE? Meaning, it’s not impossible to build an electric bike that doesn’t explode, it’s just that MotoE has failed to do so...

#1979 Sash1

Sash1

• 788 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:09

The batteries in an e-bike are more exposed to penetration and bending. The packaging in cars is much better. Just a sudden high g-force or a hard hit without bending or penetration will no do much damage to batteries.
We (our firefighting station) experience more and more e-bicycle and e-scooter related incidents where damaged batteries play a role.

Advertisement

#1980 sushantf1

sushantf1

• 237 posts

Posted Yesterday, 19:11

Lorenzo will return next race.

#1981 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 14,682 posts

Posted Yesterday, 19:40

At this point I expect him to be horribly slow and do all in his powers to just no crash. This in turn will upset HRC even more and the season will end with neither one wanting to be around the other.

#1982 Pete_f1

Pete_f1

• 1,368 posts

Posted Today, 06:48

Does anyone care now, was my first response. I know they do but it's hard to see what he can do. Has his career hit the buffers?

#1983 messy

messy

• 3,538 posts

Posted Today, 09:04

Yay, can’t wait to see him finish 15th! It’s been too long.

#1984 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 7,861 posts

Posted Today, 09:12

Bruce Anstey back on the pace immediately after two years out at Classic TT.