* * * * - 6 votes

Ferrari SF90

• Please log in to reply
821 replies to this topic

#801 F1Lurker

F1Lurker

• 1,234 posts

Posted Yesterday, 14:32

16:10 The Ferrari is looking good again. It just looks right on track. When it touches the kerb at the chicane it doesn’t double-bounce. The pickup on the throttle out of T13 is impressive, they can just put the power down so the traction is strong. It has all the things you need to make a car go quick.

Gary Anderson

This is also the guy who is on video yesterday saying that Mercedes is 2 seconds behind last year's car on race pace.

Not saying that Ferrari is not impressive and they very well might have the fastest car, but the "pundits" are mostly talking sh_it to have something to say. They are just guessing based on some meaningless times, past performance and team budgets.

Advertisement

#802 Goron3

Goron3

• 1,038 posts

Posted Yesterday, 15:02

This is also the guy who is on video yesterday saying that Mercedes is 2 seconds behind last year's car on race pace.

Not saying that Ferrari is not impressive and they very well might have the fastest car, but the "pundits" are mostly talking sh_it to have something to say. They are just guessing based on some meaningless times, past performance and team budgets.

Technically they were running 2 seconds behind last year's car, which is why, as he said, you can't take these times too seriously.

#803 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 14,129 posts

Posted Yesterday, 15:25

Not sure how Wolff manages to wind you lot up so much. He's not responsible for your disappointment in any way. Venting at him is just a release for a build up of frustration.

Wolff has a terrible track record for being right. How can this be? He's not some bozo who last worked in F1 in the 1970s and is desperate to stay relevant. In fact, Wolff is currently running the most dominant F1 team ever.

The chances of Wolff being "wrong" all the time are very, very, very small. It seems far more likely that he's just making it up. Reporters should know better than to print his attempts to bamboozle the public.

#804 P123

P123

• 14,934 posts

Posted Yesterday, 16:13

"bamboozle the public".... think you're maybe over-egging it a tad! Besides, he must be doing something correct, even if he has trouble with predictions. :)

#805 Nathan

Nathan

• 4,555 posts

Posted Yesterday, 17:27

You are twisting his words and if you listened another 10 seconds you would have heard he thinks they are really a second quicker than what they showed.

#806 lewislorenzo

lewislorenzo

• 270 posts

Posted Yesterday, 17:47

Congrats on surpassing Mercedes...the ball is in Sebs  court :up:

#807 Ramon69

Ramon69

• 720 posts

Posted Yesterday, 17:51

I cross my fingers that this year may finally be the year... I can't believe all of these predictions after the testing about Ferrari!

#808 fawx

fawx

• 70 posts

Posted Yesterday, 18:02

16:10 The Ferrari is looking good again. It just looks right on track. When it touches the kerb at the chicane it doesn’t double-bounce. The pickup on the throttle out of T13 is impressive, they can just put the power down so the traction is strong. It has all the things you need to make a car go quick.

Gary Anderson

The opposite always happens everytime GA hypes us up.  :stoned:  :stoned:  :stoned:

Edited by fawx, Yesterday, 18:02.

#809 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 6,684 posts

Posted Yesterday, 18:11

I remember he said the F2012 was a dog and it was. His record actually isn't that bad.

He got abuse for praising the F2017 when it was probably the best chassis that year.

Also for saying the Haas was good last season when it was the best of the rest.

When everyone says the same thing, they're usually on the right track.

Edited by SCUDmissile, Today, 00:44.

#810 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 6,245 posts

Posted Yesterday, 18:53

Congrats on surpassing Mercedes...the ball is in Sebs court :up:

I'm already setting up the mute button.

#811 BuddyHolly

BuddyHolly

• 2,274 posts

Posted Yesterday, 18:57

Congrats on surpassing Mercedes...the ball is in Sebs  court :up:

I'll believe it when I see it in Melbourne, not until.

(although even if the Ferrari is the faster car, Lewis has still a strong chance of the title, moreso if Seb blunders like he did last year)

#812 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 6,684 posts

Posted Yesterday, 22:29

Just like Maurizio said, the team has to get used to winning, and not think the odd win is such a surprise and be overly grateful for it.

Like Mercedes, so they don't go crazy every time they win a race so they keep their cool in title battles.

Just like the team, us fans also have to get used to winning.

Having a car that fights with Mercedes for titles is the new normal. Get used to it.

Expect the car to be fast ffs, everyone playing it down like Ferrari ain't ****.

People saying, 'oh Ferrari always go well in tests then Melbourne....'

You mean the same Melbourne where Ferrari have won the GP the last 2 years in a row? That Melbourne?

Have some f***ing pride about yourselves ffs.

This car is a beast. Everyone is saying it. Accept it. Feel good.

Now of course things can change between now and Melbourne and teams may come closer or further away, but this car will win races and probably challenge for the title. Again. For the third year in a row.

Enjoy that.

Edited by SCUDmissile, Today, 09:46.

#813 FrontWing

FrontWing

• 4,674 posts

Posted Yesterday, 23:54

I remember everybody abusing Gary was saying the McLaren was bad in 2013, and it was. Also he said the F2012 was a dog and it was. His record actually isn't that bad.

He got abuse for praising the F2017 when it was probably the best chassis that year.

Also for saying the Haas was good last season when it was the best of the rest.

When everyone says the same thing, they're usually on the right track.

What are you on about? Anderson was "impressed" by the 2013 McLaren, thats where his bad rep comes from.

#814 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 6,684 posts

Posted Today, 00:45

What are you on about? Anderson was "impressed" by the 2013 McLaren, thats where his bad rep comes from.

You're actually right that's my bad.ive redacted that because I don't want falsehoods like that spreading.

The other points I used still stand though.

#815 Goron3

Goron3

• 1,038 posts

Posted Today, 08:10

I don't really care about the competition. All I can say is that the Ferrari looks brilliant and somehow it already looks planted, especially at the rear. Seb will love this car.

#816 w1Y

w1Y

• 3,451 posts

Posted Today, 08:27

I don't really care about the competition. All I can say is that the Ferrari looks brilliant and somehow it already looks planted, especially at the rear. Seb will love this car.

Exactly this. A car which has a very strong rear and is stable under breaking is gonna be a good recipe for seb.

#817 Enzoluis

Enzoluis

• 1,594 posts

Posted Today, 12:19

I'll believe it when I see it in Melbourne, not until.

(although even if the Ferrari is the faster car, Lewis has still a strong chance of the title, moreso if Seb blunders like he did last year)

I will wait until Singapore.

#818 Radion

Radion

• 2,243 posts

Posted Today, 12:31

Exactly this. A car which has a very strong rear and is stable under breaking is gonna be a good recipe for seb.

It would be for any driver??!

#819 Shade

Shade

• 359 posts

Posted Today, 13:29

It wouldn't be for Kimi.

Advertisement

#820 Goron3

Goron3

• 1,038 posts

Posted Today, 15:14

Seb has a very specific driving style which is why he was so strong in 2011 (EBD) and 2013.

Mark Hughes did a great a piece on this at the end of last year but most drivers (Hamilton and Leclerc) take a hairpin/slow corner in a 'U' whereas Seb has takes them in a 'V'; essentially pivoting the car very late. This is why he was especially dominant over Webber on circuits where there was a surplus of slower corners (Bahrain, Singapore, Abu Dhabi) but Webber would match him at places like Monaco, Silverstone etc.

#821 RA2

RA2

• 982 posts

Posted Today, 15:41

If SF90 is fast they should make sure that Vettel is the clear number one from the first practice session. Not the crap they tried over the last get years of letting them race till the summer.

It is clear from the last 2 seasons that Mercedes/Hamilton gets stronger through the season even if they have a few issues out of the box.

I feel bad got eclair but, Ferrari needs a WDC and for 2019 he is not the driver for it. More points Vettel and Ferrari put between himself and Hamilton before the summer the better it is, lesser pressure on themselves and more on Hamilton.

#822 bernardv

bernardv

• 243 posts

Posted Today, 16:16

I just hope they didn't design this car to fit for Seb, but made a car that's fast in general.