- - - - -

Unofficial Helmet Design 2019

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sgtkate

sgtkate

• 5,558 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:41

Ok, so after being prompted in another thread, here it is. I have brazenly stolen a lot of the text from Nonesuch (thanks and sorry!)

A quick search shows this is the first year of this 'competition' so no previous entries to present sadly.

Following a thread on the 2019 helmet designs, there has been a great deal of disagreement about what makes a good helmet design and what is a bit grim. Here is your chance to show off what you think a great helmet should look like and to see if your peers on Autosport agree with the use of ticks and speed flashes!

The Template

The template used is a copyright free one found on Flickriver that other sites have used in the past for a helmet design competition.
6n0RlQy.jpg

Template can be downloaded from: https://imgur.com/a/3HIfwUl
You can use pretty much every graphics editor, from Paint to GIMP to Photoshop and anything in between to customise the design.

Please consult your favourite search-engine of choice for help on how to use these programs.

The Rules

The rules for the competition are simple:

• The Autosport Forum moderators have final say over what is and is not allowed - assuming they are happy with this? Pretty please?
  • Use the provided template. Entries using a different template will not be able to participate in the voting round.
  • Do not change the template.
  • Be creative! Do not copy existing designs - instead adapt them to a new concept.
  • Limit the use of elaborate lighting and shading effects. Let's keep the bar to entry low.

The winner of the competition gets a few congratulations, the honour of calling him- or herself the winner, and the job of hosting the 2020 competition!

The Schedule

The competition starts today, on 01 February 2019.
You can submit your entries until 3 March 2019. The deadline is 23:59 GMT on that day.
Voting will then commence and end on 15 March 2019.

The winner will be announced soon after voting closes.

Good luck everyone, and no ticks, flashes or pig noses, unless you really want!  ;)

Edited by sgtkate, 01 February 2019 - 10:42.

Advertisement

#2 Beri

Beri

• 11,529 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:01

Awesome!

#3 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,037 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 13:58

Great stuff Sgt.
Jp

#4 danstheman

danstheman

• 608 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 13:44

I may as well start this!

helmet.jpg

#5 maximilian

maximilian

• 8,112 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 15:45

helmet.jpg

Nice and simple like we love it!  Although I fail to see the significance of how it relates to Dan specifically, other than the number.  But I guess as a Renault driver, a French vibe isn't out of the question!   ;)

#6 YoungGun

YoungGun

• 29,493 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:05

YG-Helmet.jpg

#7 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe
  • RC Forum Host

• 17,659 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:14

That’s what I’d call a cool, refreshing design 👍

Edited by Ivanhoe, 10 February 2019 - 11:15.

#8 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 4,763 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 13:23

Neither design qualifies for F1, since none uses these awful pointy things.

Edited by MadYarpen, 10 February 2019 - 13:23.

#9 BuddyHolly

BuddyHolly

• 3,554 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 17:03

helmet.jpg

ohh this I like!   also gives me flashbacks to Francois Cevert which is never a bad thing!