Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

Mercedes AMG F1 Team Thread (drivers, management, rumours and gossip!)

• Please log in to reply
7167 replies to this topic

#5901 Arundo

Arundo

• 1,317 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:42

The moment Bottas went 2nd the race was over, Bottas is a fast driver over one lap but cant keep it consistent without making mistakes. 

Shame Lewis got bullied out of the win by Leclerc, dont like Lewis all that much but he should have won yesterday. 

Advertisement

#5902 kernel

kernel

• 4,106 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:03

On the next lap Leclerc was shown the black and white ‘bad sportsmanship’ flag, as a warning not to repeat. How would Hamilton have dealt with that situation if the title had already been in the bag? “I wouldn’t have moved and we’d have crashed,” he replied.

HAM definitely won't be as kind to LEC next time around...

But each time Bottas got close, he’d find it very difficult not to lock his front tyres as the Ferrari robbed him of downforce. “Lewis can somehow manhandle the car close behind another and still stay close,” observed Toto Wolff. “It’s something Valtteri needs to work on.” Bottas had a big twitchy moment through Ascari on the 46th lap, giving Leclerc half-a-second of breathing space.

What we already sort of knew...

Edited by kernel, 09 September 2019 - 08:06.

#5903 Hela

Hela

• 534 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:15

HAM definitely won't be as kind to LEC next time around...

When he wraps up the Wdc, I am sure Lewis will relish a Leclerc/Max/Vettel Battle. Then all bets are off but as long as he has a wdc to win, that will always be at the back of his mind.

#5904 Coral

Coral

• 4,178 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:47

Yeah, judging by Lewis's interview yesterday, he is going to be much tougher with the "youngsters" i.e. Max, Charles in the future. However, Lewis knows he has a WDC to win and the new, mature Lewis knows that Points Win Prizes...therefore, I think he will still be careful until he has it won. After that, the gloves will be off. I can't wait! :)

Bottas...he is such a dull, boring, uninspired "grey" driver. He's the anti-Lewis. All he did yesterday was sit there and wait. I know some people on here thought he was going to win but I knew he would never get past Leclerc. Bottas is not interested in overtaking apart from at the start. He has no motivation to race...all he wants to do is be in the lead at the first corner because that's the only way he can win. Sigh. I wish Mercedes had replaced him. Ocon may not have been much better but at least he would have been something different.

#5905 SonGoku

SonGoku

• 3,659 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:50

Can't wait for the battles when the title is done. Suddenly Lewis doesn't have to care anymore whether they finish or not when driving dirty.

Edited by SonGoku, 09 September 2019 - 08:51.

#5906 ferrarista

ferrarista

• 1,005 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:07

They expected it, Shovlin said that. Lewis stayed there because it was the only way to put pressure on Leclerc. Like in Canada, Merc didn't have the car to overtake on track. They needed a Ferrari driver to cooperate by making a mistake, and/or the FIA to enforce the rules. That was the only chance. 

He followed closely Ves in Hungary, but he hadn't tyres problems there. Then Monza isn't hard on the tyres and last year he hadn't problems behind Kimi; Lewis mentioned some improvements to be made to the set up for the next races, who knows if they went more for quali, Ferrari certainly went more towards a race set up, so the race pace difference was almost nullified. I also don't think he would have pulled away easily had he passed Lec; yesterday he could enjoy the advantage of the tow on the straights, if he was alone at the front he would have been faster in the corners but much slower in the straights, all this with a Ferrari behind him that would have been much faster in the tow on the straights.

#5907 Marklar

Marklar

• 33,581 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:11

Yeah, the small gap in quali seemed a bit odd. It looks like Mercedes tried to snatch a front row, while Ferrari knowing that they have a big gap was willing to set up more for the race.

Though I also think Hamilton didnt had the best day either (or set up). Normally his tyre management is better than Bottas even in dirty air, not worse than him *and* Ferrari.

#5908 Sunnny

Sunnny

• 1,062 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:28

When he wraps up the Wdc, I am sure Lewis will relish a Leclerc/Max/Vettel Battle. Then all bets are off but as long as he has a wdc to win, that will always be at the back of his mind.

And what about 2020? Big mistake for him to make that comment about crashing into them the next time. It will come back to bite him. One thing that has struck me though is that Lewis has been the main driver who has been taking pot shots at the young drivers. Either saying the car is easier to drive, they are too young, they get away with dirty racing etc Basically everything is better for the young drivers than it was for him back then. Sounds to me like he is jealous of the limelight they youngsters are getting. He is beginning to sound like that bitter old fool Jackie Stewart  :lol:  I can see why the likes of Max have started taking shots at him saying he never had any tough team mate. 

Can't wait for the battles when the title is done. Suddenly Lewis doesn't have to care anymore whether they finish or not when driving dirty.

So he wont care about wins? But he will next year right? So game on! Also, Lewis can't all of a sudden want to start playing hardball and making threats to the younguns, they are not Bottas who is under instructions to move over for Lewis and make it easy for him. Lewis is the one chasing history and records with a few more years so he has more to lose.  The others have 15 years+. My adivce to Lewis? Be the mature one, stop being judgemental on the young stars and let your driving do the talking.

#5909 shure

shure

• 1,286 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:34

He followed closely Ves in Hungary, but he hadn't tyres problems there. Then Monza isn't hard on the tyres and last year he hadn't problems behind Kimi; Lewis mentioned some improvements to be made to the set up for the next races, who knows if they went more for quali, Ferrari certainly went more towards a race set up, so the race pace difference was almost nullified. I also don't think he would have pulled away easily had he passed Lec; yesterday he could enjoy the advantage of the tow on the straights, if he was alone at the front he would have been faster in the corners but much slower in the straights, all this with a Ferrari behind him that would have been much faster in the tow on the straights.

I think in all fairness Parabolica puts quite a lot of strain on the tyres and Lewis following as close as he did there lap after lap must have had some impact.  It's not like they went off immediately, after all, but sustained pressure carries consequences with these tyres.

Agree that getting ahead and staying ahead would have been two different things.  One thing that makes me think he would have done so is I doubt Leclerc would have been able to stay as close in Parabolica to set up the overtake and he would have spent the straight playing catch up.

#5910 shure

shure

• 1,286 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:36

I think they didn’t expect to wear the tyres as they did in dirty air, if not why did Lewis stay the whole time there? They thought the tyres on the Ferrari would break sooner (I’m especially referring to the first stint) and have a similar win to 2018 against Kimi but it didn’t happen. I also think that had Lewis passed Lec in the second stint, it would have been almost impossible to fend off an attack by Lec in the final stages of the race.

I think Hamilton himself mentioned there were no big problems with the tyres, it's just that staying so close lap after lap carries inevitable consequences.  I don't think he had unexpected wear.

#5911 Marklar

Marklar

• 33,581 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:37

And what about 2020? Big mistake for him to make that comment about crashing into them the next time. It will come back to bite him. One thing that has struck me though is that Lewis has been the main driver who has been taking pot shots at the young drivers. Either saying the car is easier to drive, they are too young, they get away with dirty racing etc Basically everything is better for the young drivers than it was for him back then. Sounds to me like he is jealous of the limelight they youngsters are getting. He is beginning to sound like that bitter old fool Jackie Stewart :lol: I can see why the likes of Max have started taking shots at him saying he never had any tough team mate.

So he wont care about wins? But he will next year right? So game on! Also, Lewis can't all of a sudden want to start playing hardball and making threats to the younguns, they are not Bottas who is under instructions to move over for Lewis and make it easy for him. Lewis is the one chasing history and records with a few more years so he has more to lose. The others have 15 years+. My adivce to Lewis? Be the mature one, stop being judgemental on the young stars and let your driving do the talking.

He has been praising the young drivers all season long. Not sure what sort of alternate timeline you are following

#5912 MinardiCrashDummy

MinardiCrashDummy

• 319 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:38

And what about 2020? Big mistake for him to make that comment about crashing into them the next time. It will come back to bite him. One thing that has struck me though is that Lewis has been the main driver who has been taking pot shots at the young drivers. Either saying the car is easier to drive, they are too young, they get away with dirty racing etc Basically everything is better for the young drivers than it was for him back then. Sounds to me like he is jealous of the limelight they youngsters are getting. He is beginning to sound like that bitter old fool Jackie Stewart  :lol:  I can see why the likes of Max have started taking shots at him saying he never had any tough team mate. 

So he wont care about wins? But he will next year right? So game on! Also, Lewis can't all of a sudden want to start playing hardball and making threats to the younguns, they are not Bottas who is under instructions to move over for Lewis and make it easy for him. Lewis is the one chasing history and records with a few more years so he has more to lose.  The others have 15 years+. My adivce to Lewis? Be the mature one, stop being judgemental on the young stars and let your driving do the talking.

You are reading way too much into this and i'm not sure what you are reading tbh.

Edited by MinardiCrashDummy, 09 September 2019 - 10:39.

#5913 kernel

kernel

• 4,106 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:00

I think Hamilton himself mentioned there were no big problems with the tyres, it's just that staying so close lap after lap carries inevitable consequences.  I don't think he had unexpected wear.

HAM was complaining about rear tyres. And was consistently losing 0.2-0.3s in Sector 1 to Ferrari. They had amazing launch after the first chicane and were immune to any kind of rear tyre wear.

#5914 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 7,318 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:04

Yeah, judging by Lewis's interview yesterday, he is going to be much tougher with the "youngsters" i.e. Max, Charles in the future. However, Lewis knows he has a WDC to win and the new, mature Lewis knows that Points Win Prizes...therefore, I think he will still be careful until he has it won. After that, the gloves will be off. I can't wait! :)

Bottas...he is such a dull, boring, uninspired "grey" driver. He's the anti-Lewis. All he did yesterday was sit there and wait. I know some people on here thought he was going to win but I knew he would never get past Leclerc. Bottas is not interested in overtaking apart from at the start. He has no motivation to race...all he wants to do is be in the lead at the first corner because that's the only way he can win. Sigh. I wish Mercedes had replaced him. Ocon may not have been much better but at least he would have been something different.

Well Lewis has already had to put Verstappen back in his box (China 2018, Bahrain 2018, Hungary 2019) it's time for Charles to get some tough but still fair grey area loving.

#5915 paipa

paipa

• 595 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:13

I don't think Lewis will engage in these hairy situations even after wrapping up the title. His current approach is superior both in the championship battle, and also for individual race wins.

Leclerc forces him off the track? Whatever, take the escape route and try again, or wait for the kid to **** up later. Which he promptly did. The stewards "forgot" he was already on a warning, so it didn't get Lewis a win, but it was still better than taking his chances at a collision.

There's a good reason Hamilton does what he does. No need to change just because some youngling played rough and won once.

#5916 Marklar

Marklar

• 33,581 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:14

HAM was complaining about rear tyres. And was consistently losing 0.2-0.3s in Sector 1 to Ferrari. They had amazing launch after the first chicane and were immune to any kind of rear tyre wear.

I actually watched a bit of his recon laps before the race (unfortunately they are only available live and not on replay), and his engineer kept saying there every time that his rear temps are over the limit at Ascari. Might have continued in the race as well I guess.

I don't think Lewis will engage in these hairy situations even after wrapping up the title. His current approach is superior both in the championship battle, and also for individual race wins.

Leclerc forces him off the track? Whatever, take the escape route and try again, or wait for the kid to **** up later. Which he promptly did. The stewards "forgot" he was already on a warning, so it didn't get Lewis a win, but it was still better than taking his chances at a collision.

There's a good reason Hamilton does what he does. No need to change just because some youngling played rough and won once.

Yeah, the stewards were relatively lenient, potentially also because of where the race was.

Take Montreal for instance, there it paid off to just back off instead of forcing the crash.

I dont put much worth into what Hamilton said post-race, he might toughen up a little, but certainly still within the limits, a bit like he said after Baku that he will do it differently next time.

Edited by Marklar, 09 September 2019 - 11:16.

#5917 LightningMcQueen

LightningMcQueen

• 134 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:38

Whilst they didn’t have enough straight line speed to make pass stick (I’ll ignore the le clerk moves) it was pretty clear that Hamilton was being held up.. if he had made the pass stick he’d have finished 10+ secs clear

#5918 Coral

Coral

• 4,178 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:55

What the heck are you on about, Lewis has done nothing but praise the young drivers. Have you heard the way he praised Leclerc both at Monza and Spa? I get the impression Lewis and Leclerc have a lot of respect for one another.

And 2020 is next year!

#5919 P123

P123

• 16,038 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:58

Whilst they didn’t have enough straight line speed to make pass stick (I’ll ignore the le clerk moves) it was pretty clear that Hamilton was being held up.. if he had made the pass stick he’d have finished 10+ secs clear

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened had he got by... Leclerc would have still been in DRS for sector 2, and the speed of that Ferrari off Parabolica coupled with DRS may have made it a short lived move to the lead. The Merc could only just keep up on the straight with the tow and DRS. Take that away and give it to the Ferrari... :)

Advertisement

#5920 ferrarista

ferrarista

• 1,005 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:07

I actually watched a bit of his recon laps before the race (unfortunately they are only available live and not on replay), and his engineer kept saying there every time that his rear temps are over the limit at Ascari. Might have continued in the race as well I guess.

very interesting, it goes in agreement with what he said towards the end of the first stint that his rear tyres were gone and didn’t want to be put on an overcut strategy; this might be another glimpse of a set up slightly towards quali, usually a car with a tendency at oversteer is better on one lap pace.

#5921 monolulu

monolulu

• 1,093 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:18

very interesting, it goes in agreement with what he said towards the end of the first stint that his rear tyres were gone and didn’t want to be put on an overcut strategy; this might be another glimpse of a set up slightly towards quali, usually a car with a tendency at oversteer is better on one lap pace.

Could it also be because of the low downforce package? Very different situation to Hungary.

#5922 ferrarista

ferrarista

• 1,005 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 13:24

Could it also be because of the low downforce package? Very different situation to Hungary.

It’s possible, but in all honesty I think it’s going to be a one off.

#5923 SonGoku

SonGoku

• 3,659 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 15:08

Lewis Hamilton is the only driver to have scored at least one point in all the races so far this season.

#5924 Paco

Paco

• 3,623 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 16:34

People, all Lewis needs to do is be on top 5 for rest of the year and he gets the title. He’ll pushbjbjust enough but not finishing a race in top 5 or losing all points in a race would be a big headache. Yes wins matter but the title will moreso. Driving for a title is way different then for a race... people seems to forget that.

Even next year, getting maximum points is way more important then always finishing 1st.. ask Nico. It’s not the number of wins that get you title.

It’s amazing Bottas is even still in the run considering the win ratio between them..

Max still needs to learn that...these past 2 weekends are proof he still has a bit of learning to do to get the car home everytime and to stop being stupid at the start of races.

Charles gets he needs to assert himself in the team to get the favouritism away from Seb and has done that bang on perfect all season... he knew winning here would set him as the bonafide no1 now for the season and for his career theilre for a long time to come. Seb will never now be the driver within the team he once was. He needs to get out and get into that RB or Mercedes now... but man that’s goibg to be tough...

So Lewis biggest headache is knowing Charles and Max willing to risk an off against him knowing their title challenge is zero so not finishing a race vs going for a victory doesn’t effect them any but for Lewis it’s a tall ask to go to absolute limit in defence or a pass..

Next season it all depends on which car comes out the best for most of the tracks on who’ll be the most careful and who’ll put out their elbows and shove people around not caring about an off.

Edited by Paco, 09 September 2019 - 16:38.

#5925 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 20,854 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 16:37

Mexico again :mad:

#5926 Paco

Paco

• 3,623 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 16:41

Refreshing to see Toto tell it like it is and admit Bottas struggles to pass cars in front where Lewisbcan get close and mount a challenge.

#5927 beachdrifter

beachdrifter

• 5,171 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 16:42

Yes, Shovlin mentioned it as well. Tyre wear was fine generally speaking, as you would expect on this track.

#5928 shure

shure

• 1,286 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 16:43

and after in the paddock interviews he stated when pressed that there were no issues with the tyres and they just degraded by virtue of how hard he was pushing them lap after lap.  Even when the interviewer fed him a line to say the tyres were a problem Hamilton categorically denied it and said there were no tyre issues.  Just normal wear

#5929 GiantBunnyMonster

GiantBunnyMonster

• 17 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 16:47

The moment Bottas went 2nd the race was over, Bottas is a fast driver over one lap but cant keep it consistent without making mistakes.

I consider yesterday one of the better drives for Bottas this year. So far he's usually fallen down on race speed and hasn't been able to make his tires last. But yesterday he was able to follow leaders the whole first stint and also was able to catch up on the second stint. No, the attack for the lead was no way on the same level as the old GOAT managed, but nobody expected that. If Bottas can keep up the same level of tire management, it will take his whole game up considerably.

#5930 Synkro89

Synkro89

• 1,972 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 16:49

:lol:

#5931 Marklar

Marklar

• 33,581 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 16:52

I consider yesterday one of the better drives for Bottas this year. So far he's usually fallen down on race speed and hasn't been able to make his tires last. But yesterday he was able to follow leaders the whole first stint and also was able to catch up on the second stint. No, the attack for the lead was no way on the same level as the old GOAT managed, but nobody expected that. If Bottas can keep up the same level of tire management, it will take his whole game up considerably.

Considering the better tyre life at least a bit more should be expected.

I agree though that pace wise it was one of his better races, although it's of course always hard to say when they are driving behind a slower car.

#5932 beachdrifter

beachdrifter

• 5,171 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 16:58

I dont put much worth into what Hamilton said post-race, he might toughen up a little, but certainly still within the limits, a bit like he said after Baku that he will do it differently next time.

In reality, he's always fighting for a title so he'll always pull back in these situations. Makes him look a little less tough until you look at the standings.   ;)

Maybe once the title is sealed, he can put the elbows out a little more!

Edited by beachdrifter, 09 September 2019 - 16:58.

#5933 monolulu

monolulu

• 1,093 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 16:59

Lewis Hamilton is the only driver to have scored at least one point in all the races so far this season.

Oh don’t speak too soon! When’s the FIA appeal?

#5934 shure

shure

• 1,286 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 16:59

you need to factor in that the Merc was the faster car yesterday and Leclerc and Hamilton were holding each other up with their battle.  That contributed a lot to why Bottas was able to catch them.  And by not being in the dirty air for lap after lap his tyres would hold up better anyway.  It wasn't a high-deg race yesterday

#5935 Paco

Paco

• 3,623 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 17:38

you need to factor in that the Merc was the faster car yesterday and Leclerc and Hamilton were holding each other up with their battle. That contributed a lot to why Bottas was able to catch them. And by not being in the dirty air for lap after lap his tyres would hold up better anyway. It wasn't a high-deg race yesterday

Bottas fans can’t seem to see that.. he should have been way closer and not needing to use up his tires the way he did consideing the 2 in front were slowing themselves down but hey.. people believe what they want to believe.

#5936 SonGoku

SonGoku

• 3,659 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 18:11

Maybe he should fake a DNF if it results in not winning the title in Mexico.

#5937 Marklar

Marklar

• 33,581 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 18:17

Well, he is 63 ahead. Only if he is 78 ahead it will be Mexico again.

Since there is no real title race I personally want to get done with it quickly. Post WDC win races are always fun. But he would need to gain 41 points in 3 races to get it done in Suzuka. Very unlikely.

#5938 CL16

CL16

• 1,141 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 18:18

Any chance for a Japanese GP WDC crowning?

#5939 monolulu

monolulu

• 1,093 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 18:22

It would be great to celebrate WDC with a race win this time, preferably at COTA as I’ll be there! ;)

Advertisement

#5940 SonGoku

SonGoku

• 3,659 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 18:23

It would be great to celebrate WDC with a race win this time, preferably at COTA as I’ll be there! ;)

I just have a feeling Japan comes too early. So our best hope is COTA.

#5941 CL16

CL16

• 1,141 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 18:30

Anywhere but Mexico.

#5942 Hyatt

Hyatt

• 1,436 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 18:47

It would be great to celebrate WDC with a race win this time, preferably at COTA as I’ll be there!  ;)

.oO(first world problems)  :p

#5943 Sunnny

Sunnny

• 1,062 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 18:52

He has been praising the young drivers all season long. Not sure what sort of alternate timeline you are following

He has been praising SOME young drivers. Who do you think Lewis was refering to when he said " F1 should be a mans sports and that it has become too easy for young drivers to get in to"  or when he said " The car is easy for for young drivers, I can do 3 races in a row" Clear an dig at the the young drivers and one in particular Lando Norris! I guess Lando saying Lewis is not his idol hurt Lewis pride. :wave:  Anyway Lando hit back at Lewis comments accusing him of singling him, Russell and Albion out  Lewis backtracked and tweeted praising Lando about who he is doing a great job at McLaren...Of course he later deleted the tweet. The youngster have got his attention and the bad blood is brewing. Lewis threw the first shots but he wont get the last shot if he thinks he can play hardball. 

What the heck are you on about, Lewis has done nothing but praise the young drivers. Have you heard the way he praised Leclerc both at Monza and Spa? I get the impression Lewis and Leclerc have a lot of respect for one another.

And 2020 is next year!

They have a lot of respect for one another until Lewis decides to crash into him. As for praising Leclerc, he has no choice but to. The question is why did Lewis make reference to the 'young drivers' getting away with a lot more. Why is he bringing the issue of the young drivers again? Why not just mention Leclerc without making it an issue about a generation of drivers. Funny for a man who knows what it is like to be prejudiced against he sure is doing his best to showing at been no better when the foot is on the other boot. 

Edited by Sunnny, 09 September 2019 - 18:53.

#5944 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,591 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 18:57

Strong race by Valtteri. Too Bad Leclerc robbed the pole with dirty qualifying tactics. Could have been different end result.

#5945 P123

P123

• 16,038 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 19:01

I think there is a high degree of supposition and selectiveness in what you pay attention to there Sunnny for your view to be taken seriously. Norris being perhaps over-sensitive and defensive doesn't mean Hamilton has it in for him or some such.

#5946 Marklar

Marklar

• 33,581 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 19:06

He has been praising SOME young drivers. Who do you think Lewis was refering to when he said " F1 should be a mans sports and that it has become too easy for young drivers to get in to" or when he said " The car is easy for for young drivers, I can do 3 races in a row" Clear an dig at the the young drivers and one in particular Lando Norris! I guess Lando saying Lewis is not his idol hurt Lewis pride. :wave: Anyway Lando hit back at Lewis comments accusing him of singling him, Russell and Albion out Lewis backtracked and tweeted praising Lando about who he is doing a great job at McLaren...Of course he later deleted the tweet. The youngster have got his attention and the bad blood is brewing. Lewis threw the first shots but he wont get the last shot if he thinks he can play hardball.

He was literally replying to a question whether racing used to be harder for newcomers and replied to it truthfully. In exactly the same way as all other drivers who raced back then and now previously did (e.g. Alonso). He clearly wasnt attacking anyone. It's just that it hit Norri's pride and he decided to get triggered about it, although he can not even judge it himself since - oh shock - he was in pre-school when Hamilton started racing.

Funny enough Norris admitted weeks later that even F2 cars are harder to race than current F1 cars. And then you think that Hamilton has bad motives. Hilarious!

#5947 MasterOfCoin

MasterOfCoin

• 2,292 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 19:09

I would like to know why the under cut....was so inefective, he basicly came out with little or no difference in the gap....to leclerc...

#5948 Marklar

Marklar

• 33,581 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 19:11

I would like to know why the under cut....was so inefective, he basicly came out with little or no difference in the gap....to leclerc...

he gained over a second. On a track with few corners that's to be expected

Edited by Marklar, 09 September 2019 - 19:11.

#5949 Retrofly

Retrofly

• 3,557 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 21:11

I thought yesterday felt familiar.

lots of similarities.

#5950 beachdrifter

beachdrifter

• 5,171 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 23:02

Because of the low (tyre) degradation on this track. So the difference between new and old tyres is significantly less than it usually is. 

Edited by beachdrifter, 09 September 2019 - 23:04.