Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

McLaren in 2019: Sainz and Norris, sponsors, management, rumour and scuttlebutt from the MTC

• Please log in to reply
654 replies to this topic

#651 djparky

djparky

• 966 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 18:10

Team should be very happy with their driver lineup right now.

Fast, consistent, low amount of errors and seemingly without drama at this time.

Yep totally agree, wasnt sure about Norris after a meh season in F2 but hes been impressive this year. And his comedy moment at the Silverstone driver briefing is priceless

Advertisement

#652 loki0420

loki0420

• 927 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:47

Yep totally agree, wasnt sure about Norris after a meh season in F2 but hes been impressive this year. And his comedy moment at the Silverstone driver briefing is priceless

Meh season still resulted in P2 when his focus was already on F1. So i wouldn't count it. Its not like Russell situation who had all the motivation he need to impress Mercedes.

#653 Lerdes

Lerdes

• 13 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:15

Meh season still resulted in P2 when his focus was already on F1. So i wouldn't count it. Its not like Russell situation who had all the motivation he need to impress Mercedes.

Norris is a future star. No doubt about it. Good for him that he is with Mclaren at the moment and maybe the next two years. Imagine if he were at Redbull... 

#654 SparkPlug86

SparkPlug86

• 186 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:56

I'm pleased we have Norris - he's a good kid and obviously pilots the car well. I've been impressed with how he took a measured approach to his F1 career, not just spunking it off every other race or getting into battles he doesn't need to etc - he's got a decent head on those young shoulders. What I wanted to see was him getting quicker - which he has done, he's faster than Carlos in qually but has had some bad luck in recent races. His starts are better now, but still not as good as Sainz... all this will come with some experience I'm sure.

#655 Joseki

Joseki

• 3,215 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 18:08

Pretty uninteresting note, but after the IndyCar announcement the "Formula 1" section of the McLaren website has been remaned simply "Racing".

Edited by Joseki, 14 August 2019 - 18:08.