* * * * - 3 votes

2020 IndyCar Silly Season Thread

• Please log in to reply
828 replies to this topic

#801 Mohican

Mohican

• 1,543 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 18:48

I think that you misread the situation. McLaren is a sponsor, not an investor; they will hardly assume control as long as Sam Schmidt is around.

Advertisement

#802 loki

loki

• 5,826 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:28

With that said i do have a question:     I there much contact between AtlasF1 and other racing forums? 

Most here will need British to Gomer translations.... :drunk:  :eek:  :p   There is some crossover though I don’t go back much these days.

So what does this mean in plain English ?
He fell out with Schmidt and Peterson or with McLaren ?

A few key figures of SMP will leave the team as McLaren assumes control of the team.

McLaren does not have an ownership stake nor are they investing per se.  There is a fair amount about the deal in the press but the racing operation is staying largely as is.  McLaren has proven they aren’t up to leading an Indycar effort just yet.    McLaren with get no equity or be in a controlling position in the team.  It’s basically a sponsorship deal where McLaren will also provide the marketing and selling sponsorships to other parties.  Which is something Zac Brown is really good at from his days prior to joining McLaren. Technical will be able to use Woking as needed with dedicated staff in the UK.  I reckon they’ll do a shock program straight away if they haven’t started on it already.

#803 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 28,048 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:09

Your glass half full.
Jp

#804 Joseki

Joseki

• 3,232 posts

Posted Yesterday, 13:53

Marshall Pruett

https://racer.com/20...ent-john-flack/

An Arrow SPM spokesperson confirmed Flack’s departure, but declined to elaborate on the reason behind the change. Flack’s exit comes days after the team terminated its public relations representative, Veronica Knowlton.

The turnovers mark the third adjustment to the team’s personnel in recent weeks. Shortly after the August 9 announcement of the Zak Brown-led McLaren Racing team joining forces with Arrow SPM in 2020, SPM technical director Todd Malloy left the program, giving the renamed Arrow McLaren SP operation multiple vacancies to fill ahead of the 2020 season.

I find it very hard to believe that all these places will not be filled by people selected by McLaren or following McLaren input.  ;)

Edited by Joseki, Yesterday, 13:56.

#805 Mohican

Mohican

• 1,543 posts

Posted Yesterday, 21:48

Flack worked with Brown before joining SPM, and now he is out. Strange.

#806 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 62,515 posts

Posted Yesterday, 22:12

Nothing about McLaren Indycar makes sense. What potential McLaren customers, that aren't aware of their racing or their road cars, is going to be introduced via Indycar? And give their 500 efforts it just screams....why is Zak Brown running this team anyways? His sponsorship guru status was overrated, he's a glorified broker. Finding a team or a series for someone that already wants to spend money is the easy bit. 

#807 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 62,515 posts

Posted Yesterday, 22:13

Sorry. I've been drinking Rose out of a can but sometimes you just gotta speak your truth. 

#808 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 28,048 posts

Posted Yesterday, 23:06

Rosé ?
That’s not very Indycar.
Jp

#809 red stick

red stick

• 3,766 posts

Posted Yesterday, 23:45

The can. The can was the key there . . .

#810 boomn

boomn

• 326 posts

Posted Yesterday, 23:51

Nothing about McLaren Indycar makes sense. What potential McLaren customers, that aren't aware of their racing or their road cars, is going to be introduced via Indycar? And give their 500 efforts it just screams....why is Zak Brown running this team anyways? His sponsorship guru status was overrated, he's a glorified broker. Finding a team or a series for someone that already wants to spend money is the easy bit. 

That sounds very Sam the Eagle of you, haha.  Perfect avatar!

SPM has been doing decently well, and at the moment I am having a hard time trusting that involving McLaren will help improve that.  However, I am excited that McLaren want to grow their motorsport credentials and be involved in IndyCar

#811 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 62,515 posts

Posted Today, 00:01

The can. The can was the key there . . .

The label/can design spoke to me

#812 paulb

paulb

• 6,740 posts

Posted Today, 00:50

The label/can design spoke to me

If your beverage is speaking to you, try something harder to continue the conversation.

#813 eibyyz

eibyyz

• 306 posts

Posted Today, 13:06

If your beverage is speaking to you, try something harder to continue the conversation.

I'll have what he's having.  #FearAndLoathing

#814 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 62,515 posts

Posted Today, 13:33

Thank you to my posting partner, the journey has been incredible. So many memories.

Eufloria_rose_can_PDS_2017.jpg

#815 red stick

red stick

• 3,766 posts

Posted Today, 13:55

Eufloria.  When

"aromatic" is the lure

who cares about taste? 

#816 FLB

FLB

• 10,152 posts

Posted Today, 14:11

Why do I think that can would look good on the Haas...?

#817 red stick

red stick

• 3,766 posts

Posted Today, 14:24

The can is indeed "stunning."

I can't quite get out of my head that the name, to me anyway, treads the fine line between euphoria and effluvia.  :cool:

But I shouldn't knock what I haven't tried--for all I know we've stumbled upon the new Official DrinkTM of the IndyCar threads, with all the associated games that implies--hey, Tracy said "danger zone," knock back a Eufloria!!!

Edited by red stick, Today, 14:25.

#818 king_crud

king_crud

• 4,240 posts

Posted Today, 15:24

When i drink canned rosé i only drink ones from wind blown loess on basalt bed rock soil

#819 paulb

paulb

• 6,740 posts

Posted Today, 15:44

The can is indeed "stunning."

I can't quite get out of my head that the name, to me anyway, treads the fine line between euphoria and effluvia.  :cool:

But I shouldn't knock what I haven't tried--for all I know we've stumbled upon the new Official DrinkTM of the IndyCar threads, with all the associated games that implies--hey, Tracy said "danger zone," knock back a Eufloria!!!

I almost spit out my coffee. Almost.

Advertisement

#820 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 28,048 posts

Posted Today, 17:47

It’s a hybrid of a Marc Chigall and a Joan Miro.

[/fineartlesson]

Jp

#821 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 62,515 posts

Posted Today, 17:49

I ****ing love Miros, no wonder. 

FYI Miro fan when these bad boys arrived on the scene

Yzrm10524.jpg

I love that each paintjob is slightly different.

Edited by Ross Stonefeld, Today, 17:51.

#822 Luca Pacchiarini

Luca Pacchiarini

• 632 posts

Posted Today, 18:19

Glorious livery

#823 red stick

red stick

• 3,766 posts

Posted Today, 19:10

IndyCar culture

Oenology, the surreal.

Try . . . ing . . . to keep up . . .

:eek:

#824 BRG

BRG

• 16,870 posts

Posted Today, 19:33

When i drink canned rosé i only drink ones from wind blown loess on basalt bed rock soil

Le terroir, c'est le plus important chose pour le vin. 

Est-ce que cet boisson un produit de le maitre du vin, William Storey?

#825 prommer

prommer

• 2,372 posts

Posted Today, 19:58

With a can like that, I feel like that might be one of those CBD infused rosés that the kids are drinking these days.

Which makes it even more imperative that it should end up on a Haas.

#826 paulb

paulb

• 6,740 posts

Posted Today, 21:04

Tears may be shed when the can is crushed.

#827 maximilian

maximilian

• 4,635 posts

Posted Today, 21:34

Enough of this wine nonsense.

In real Silly Season news, Racer reports that signs point to a 3rd year for SATOOOOO at Rahal, not surprisingly.  :love:  Also appears to be looking good for a third Rahal car for next season!  :up:  :up:

#828 Luca Pacchiarini

Luca Pacchiarini

• 632 posts

Posted Today, 21:38

Awanago bong bin...

#829 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 28,117 posts

Posted Today, 21:40

Enough of this wine nonsense.

In real Silly Season news, Racer reports that signs point to a 3rd year for SATOOOOO at Rahal, not surprisingly.  :love:  Also appears to be looking good for a third Rahal car for next season!  :up:  :up:

24 cars on the grid at Laguna this weekend, too. All is well. Who thought Harding Racing would make it to the end of the season? Not everyone!