* * * * * 2 votes

2020 IndyCar Silly Season Thread

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 maximilian

maximilian

• 3,961 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 23:28

Did they mention that the McLarens sported Arrow logos for the first time at Barcelona?

Yes, as was Fernando's Indy 500 QUALIFYING-ONLY car, too.

Advertisement

#52 prommer

prommer

• 2,134 posts

Posted Yesterday, 16:32

https://racer.com/20...xpected-reboot/

Stange/SPM want Servia back for a possible 6 race schedule in 2020, followed by full season in 2021?  Surprise!

#53 juicy sushi

juicy sushi

• 810 posts

Posted Yesterday, 16:44

It was mentioned and discussed by Robin Miller and the broadcast crew on NBC Sports Gold during Indy Practice this past week.  I haven't seen anything seriously written about it as of yet.  Sam Schmidt denies it, but Robin Miller usually has his finger on the pulse, and there seemed to be something up, even though he classed it as "not yet, but..."

Ooh, that would be interesting.  They'd be able to run a full-time team that way, with expansion room to cover Alonso being Indy-only.  With competence guaranteed, since it isn't actually McLaren (yes I feel like being catty).

#54 Frood

Frood

• 3,087 posts

Posted Yesterday, 19:50

Stange/SPM want Servia back for a possible 6 race schedule in 2020, followed by full season in 2021?  Surprise!

Are we sure that Oh'riol is not also an ancient Sumerian deity at this point?!

#55 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • RC Forum Host

• 17,643 posts

Posted Yesterday, 19:59

Are we sure that Oh'riol is not also an ancient Sumerian deity at this point?!

No. Judging by how long that particular Spaniard has been in America, I think he was one of the conquistadors.

#56 maximilian

maximilian

• 3,961 posts

Posted Yesterday, 20:10

This old cat has more lives than Roberto Moreno!!

#57 red stick

red stick

• 3,171 posts

Posted Yesterday, 20:34

No. Judging by how long that particular Spaniard has been in America, I think he was one of the conquistadors.

Oh'rioldorado?

#58 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 8,022 posts

Posted Today, 03:26

This old cat has more lives than Roberto Moreno!!

Not yet! Moreno had his last random apperance in ChampIndy in 2008. After doing Indy500 and a single one off in Champ Car in 07.
Give Servia that 2020&2021 thing. Leave him out for 3 years and bring him back in 2024! Then we have a proper Moreno copy!

But I really like the idea!!

#59 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,664 posts

Posted Today, 13:21

Not yet! Moreno had his last random apperance in ChampIndy in 2008. After doing Indy500 and a single one off in Champ Car in 07.
Give Servia that 2020&2021 thing. Leave him out for 3 years and bring him back in 2024! Then we have a proper Moreno copy!

But I really like the idea!!

Didn't Moreno grab a podium for Benetton at some point in the late 80's? I distinctly remember that name from one of Matchett's books, though it could be another lovable underdog South American that spent time at Benetton.

Also, reflecting on The Split this morning, I just realized that the series name is about as good of a mashup of IRL and CART as you could get... Indy Championship Auto Racing. If only they'd adjust the capitalization to be "IndyCAR", we could leave The Split behind us forever.

Advertisement

#60 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 26,676 posts

Posted Today, 13:29

Moreno finished second to his teammate Nelson Piquet at the Japanese GP where Senna took out Prost at the start.