(Not really) Goodbye

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Grayson

Grayson
  • Autosport digital product manager

• 3,497 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 15:16

A quick note to let you guys know that I'm moving on from Motorsport Network and my role as Product Manager of Autosport. 

I've had a great time in this job, and the forums have been a huge part of that. Any PM would love to have a community of active, passionate users of their products who can give quick feedback on what they're doing right and wrong! As frustrating as it is to get bug reports and hear about things we've been trying to build which are broken, it's a lot better than the alternative of not hearing about them!

This isn't really goodbye as I'll still be a member of the forums, just without the shiny Autosport avatar next to my name. In the long run, I'll probably spend a lot more time in Racing Comments once I've had a few weeks of working in an office where everyone isn't obsessed with F1 and motorsport and I desperately need someone to talk to about it!

I'm sure my successor will be along to introduce themselves in the coming days...

Advertisement

#2 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 36,381 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 15:58

Thanks Grayson,

You have been a good solid Product Manager of Autosport, not your fault I am Luddite... best of luck over on the Motorsport Network...whereever your travels takes you... and yes you better not skimp out of all the games.

Cheers,

Michel

:cool:

Edited by KWSN - DSM, 16 April 2019 - 17:03.

#3 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,413 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 16:41

Sorry to hear that you're leaving Simon, you'll be sorely missed in your current role. Nice to know that we'll still have your presence in the fora.

KWSM. I think you may have misread the post.

#4 pRy

pRy

• 26,322 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 17:31

Thanks for your work and help Simon. Glad you're sticking around.

#5 Sterzo

Sterzo

• 5,059 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 20:13

As frustrating as it is to get bug reports and hear about things we've been trying to build which are broken...

And of course nobody sends in a report saying "Everything works really well and credit is due to you for that," but in fact we should. This is easily the most logical, reliable and glitch-free of the forums of which I'm a member. What can I say, but: thank you ref&>nbsp!

#6 Barty

Barty

• 2,092 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:17

Hats off and all the best for your future endeavours!

#7 Zmeej

Zmeej

• 68,456 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 13:51

Thanks for your work, your genial approach to it, and good luck at your next post (as it were).

Keep straying into the Paddock too. :wave:

Edited by Zmeej, 20 April 2019 - 13:52.

#8 john winfield

john winfield

• 5,658 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 21:37

Thank you Simon - good luck!