• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 eeyore48

eeyore48

• 92 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 17:48

Hi, everyone

:clap: Good news!

The SWIFT GALLERY re-opens next Thursday 23rd May when Andrew will be pleased to see faces old and new from 5pm until 9pm. There are many exciting pieces to see in the exhibition space and throughout the gallery. Please spread the word and encourage your friends to come along and see what is on show.

Ian

Advertisement

#2 dwh43scale

dwh43scale

• 454 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:47

Excellent news ! Planning to attend.

#3 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 9,394 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 13:23

More people might turn up if they knew where it is...

#4 alansart

alansart

• 4,419 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 15:28

More people might turn up if they knew where it is...

The Swift Gallery

Monarch Works
Elswick Road,
Fenton

Stoke on Trent, 

Staffordshire  ST4 2SH

#5 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 9,394 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 22:05

The Swift Gallery

Monarch Works
Elswick Road,
Fenton

Stoke on Trent, 

Staffordshire  ST4 2SH

Ta everso, bit too far from my manor...

#6 2F-001

2F-001

• 4,244 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:44

It's a long haul for me too, Bloggsworth - though I will say it is very much worth the trip if you can make it sometime. When I (eventually - thanks for the cajoling Roger Clark!) made my first visit last year for the quiz evening I was completely bowled over by the scale and quality of the whole set up, and Andrew S's hospitality. But maybe you could wait until the evening events and talks are announced for later in the year and make your long journey more worthwhile? 

Edited by 2F-001, 16 May 2019 - 08:01.

#7 Roger Clark

Roger Clark

• 7,502 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:17

One of the events this year will be an illustrated talk by our colleague Alan Cox on 3rd July. It will be worth travelling a long way.

#8 MCS

MCS

• 4,687 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 19:15

I can't be there on 3rd July, annoyingly.  Would love to see Alan's talk though - will it be recorded?

But I am in Nottingham next Thursday, so will drive across the A50.

How many other TNFers will be there?

#9 Roger Clark

Roger Clark

• 7,502 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:56

I’ll be there.

#10 dwh43scale

dwh43scale

• 454 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:37

Polite Reminder !  This is today. I'll be there.

#11 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,027 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 23:05

Another great laid-back evening. A splendid display of new art-work, well-done Andrew. Great meeting up with some new best friends I've never previously met and some old farts I've known for ever!   

This really is one of the motor-sporting world's best-kept secrets.                                                                                 

Edited by elansprint72, 23 May 2019 - 23:06.

#12 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 18:54

Nice to meet MCS and dwh43scale again last night, MCS after too long a time gap. Another relaxed evening, as usual, with Andrew Swift welcoming some new faces to the gallery, all of whom were blown away by the quality and depth of exhibits.

Roger has given my talk a rather fulsome plug and I only hope I can live up to his build-up

#13 MCS

MCS

• 4,687 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 20:53

Wow.  Still overwhelmed by the sheer scale and quality of the pictures and the place. Absolutely stunning. 

Great to see Alan - always is - and to finally meet Pete, albeit briefly, although I have to say I did smile when I noticed a rather nice red Elan parked next to my car as I left...

Can't wait to go back.  Andrew Swift has provided something that is truly special.

#14 eeyore48

eeyore48

• 92 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 21:47

Yes, it was another of Andrew's special evenings and thanks to all who came to make it so.

If anyone would like to visit this coming Thursday then please note the doors will be open from 2pm to 5:30pm though I'm afraid you will only get to see me as Andrew will be elsewhere.

Tea or coffee will be on offer but sadly no catering. A digestive biscuit, possibly.

As for Mr. A. Cox ...he is being typically modest. Roger Clark is absolutely correct when he says it will be worth travelling a long way to Fenton to see his photographs and hear his talk.

Before Alan appears in July the gallery will be hosting an evening with the renowned Simon Arron on Thursday June 20th - another event really worth making an effort to attend.

#15 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,027 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 21:57

Wow.  Still overwhelmed by the sheer scale and quality of the pictures and the place. Absolutely stunning. 

Great to see Alan - always is - and to finally meet Pete, albeit briefly, although I have to say I did smile when I noticed a rather nice red Elan parked next to my car as I left...

Can't wait to go back.  Andrew Swift has provided something that is truly special.

Unfortunately it wasn't my Elan +2; I don't have one of those... yet!  :smoking:

#16 eeyore48

eeyore48

• 92 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 19:36

APOLOGY: I regret to say that as a result of a mishap in the garage I will not be present to open the doors of the Swift Gallery tomorrow afternoon.

Sincere apologies to anyone who had intended to travel to Fenton and Andrew's gallery. I hope to be fit to welcome visitors on June 6th. Please check here for any update.

Ian

#17 eeyore48

eeyore48

• 92 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 22:56

Another apology: This time for the late notice but the gallery will be open to visitors on Thursday 6th June 2pm - 5:30pm (approx)

#18 alansart

alansart

• 4,419 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 14:13

A bit late, but there's 'An evening with Simon Arron' tomorrow night at the Swift Gallery.

"Long standing Motor Sport contributor Simon joins us for a Question and Answer session which is bound to be wide ranging and entertaining. A true connoisseur of all types of motor sport, Is there any form of racing Simon has not written about? A great opportunity to share some of Simon’s vast enthusiasm and experience."

#19 Roger Clark

Roger Clark

• 7,502 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:41

Our friend Alan Cox is the star turn at the Swift Gallery tomorrow. He will talk us through some of his vast photographic collection, covering various classic racing events including the retro editions of the Mille Miglia and Targa Florio.

Regular members of this forum and followers of various historic racing groups on Facebook will need no introduction to the quality and range of Alan’s photographs. I know from experience that his talk will be equally entraining.

Gallery doors open at 5pm, talk starts at 7. Andrew Swift asks that those who are attending let him know.

Advertisement

#20 alansart

alansart

• 4,419 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 10:30

Our friend Alan Cox is the star turn at the Swift Gallery tomorrow. He will talk us through some of his vast photographic collection, covering various classic racing events including the retro editions of the Mille Miglia and Targa Florio.

Regular members of this forum and followers of various historic racing groups on Facebook will need no introduction to the quality and range of Alan’s photographs. I know from experience that his talk will be equally entraining.

Gallery doors open at 5pm, talk starts at 7. Andrew Swift asks that those who are attending let him know.

Looking forward to this. Alan's presentations are always fascinating and well worth attending :)

#21 eeyore48

eeyore48

• 92 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 14:24

Excellent presentation guaranteed! If you possibly can do make the effort to get along to the gallery tomorrow.. 

Doors will open at 5pm and Alan will begin his presentation at 7pm so there will be time for a drink and a chat..

#22 2F-001

2F-001

• 4,244 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 16:09

Sadly, I can't make this one - but I'm sure you'll all have a wonderful evening just the same!

#23 eeyore48

eeyore48

• 92 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 19:55

Yet another excellent evening at The Swift Gallery. Thanks to Andrew, a generous host; to Alan, an outstanding presenter of super photographs and to everyone who supported the event. 

#24 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 23:02

Thank you for your kind words, eeyore. Good to see so many folk turn out, and delighted that I managed to persuade a number of good friends to make their first visits to the Gallery, the furthest travelling from near Stratford-on-Avon - they were all blown away (as everyone is) by the range and quality of photographs, artworks and models on display.

I was thrilled to be receive a fabulous Targa Florio photograph from Andrew. of Richard Attwood in a JW Porsche 908/3. A very generous memento.