- - - - -

Going to the US GP Suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FNG

FNG

• 5,763 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 16:53

I have to be in Houston for business around that time so may as well hit the GP. Looking for suggestions on hotel and which tickets to buy.

The issue I'm having is that I am going down with two friends who are high rollers. I can't compete with their wallets so I'm trying to find decent accommodation. If I leave it up to them they will gladly pay $1k a night. That's not happening!

As well which tickets. One of my friends suggested a club ticket. Up in a box, AC, food etc etc. $800 for the two days. That's interesting but not sure if you would feel too detached from the race.

What would people recommend? This will be my first F1 race. I've been to the Indy 500 and a few Indy street races but this is my first F1 race so want the tickets to be good.

Advertisement

#2 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 39,771 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 17:02

I'd splurge on the tickets and go easy on the accommodation. I'm too old (and so are you) to be uncomfortable all day in the blazing sun or have to jostle for position. 

#3 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,208 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 17:08

Turn 12 grandstands If you must sit in a stand but the esses have nice GA on the mounds.
If the race is a stinker you can walk around.

Jp

#4 FNG

FNG

• 5,763 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 17:13

I'd splurge on the tickets and go easy on the accommodation. I'm too old (and so are you) to be uncomfortable all day in the blazing sun or have to jostle for position. 

That's why  were thinking club seats. AC, Food, drinks. I imagine Austin s still pretty hot in November?

JP, any thoughts on the club seats?

#5 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,208 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 17:17

They’re overpriced for what you get.
Do you want to be inside the whole race?... you’ll end up watching it on tv.
The food stalls in the infield are actually really good

Just so you know....
There is no escaping the sun at this track... no shade whatsoever wherever you sit.

If you are up for it there are a few good AirB&B’s very close to the track
MUCH better than hotel rape city that is Austin on F1 week
Jp

#6 FNG

FNG

• 5,763 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 19:13

Thanks man. Appreciate the info