* * * * * 1 votes

The Inaugural and Unofficial 2019 FE Street Circuit Design Competition

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#51 Beri

Beri

• 11,530 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 13:13

I penned a nice layout around Oxford, UK. Taking in views of the colleges and architecture.

But, politcally it's a total non-starter. The council (and populace) simply wouldn't accept closing down retail streets for weeks.

The Berlin and Paris street circuits don't require a lock down for weeks.
Afaik I've seen it in Berlin and Paris, the paddock is set up only days prior to the race. The track itself remains accessible to Joe and Jane Doe till the weekend kicks off. The paddock tho is closed off some days earlier than the track is; at most a week in advance.

Advertisement

#52 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 12,034 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 14:01

Yeah I think that's about right. Barriers will start to go up (they say) about two weeks in advance and be removed in within the two weeks after but actual closure of the road to traffic won't be longer than a day or two.

There's loads of considerations beyond that though that we'll be ignoring with these entries anyway. 

#53 Rodaknee

Rodaknee

• 2,178 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 19:17

I've got to be honest, I cannot do technology and have no idea how to do that Google Earth thing.

So this is something I have found but it obviously does not count as an entry.

67a33e304a7d0c8a3fc6d3fee2e9549bc3d20c6a

As you can see it is not even joined up and the bit where it is not joined is the start/finish line. It's anti-clockwise just like the Bern circuit.

It's a very fast circuit and crosses over a few times. I see it as two Brands Hatch Indy circuits crossing over each other.   ;)

Edit: Street Circuit? Definitely, you can get noodles in a street but definitely not at Spa.

You need to chew it over a bit more.

#54 Rodaknee

Rodaknee

• 2,178 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 19:18

Can we race on cobblestones? 

You've nicked my idea.

@rse

#55 Rodaknee

Rodaknee

• 2,178 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 19:20

FE has raced on tracks with cobblestone sections, they've just laid down some temporary tarmac over a protective layer so it can be returned to cobbles after the race. So sure, I don't see why not :)

Surely they should be left as is.

#56 NewMrMe

NewMrMe

• 865 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 21:18

This is slightly harder than I thought  :lol: got a layout I'm happy with I just can't find anywhere completely sensible to put to pit-lane...

I am having similar issues. Although I start by trying to find a suitable place for the pits. I have given up on a couple of locations because there doesn't seem to be anywhere to put them.

#57 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 12,034 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 21:56

I am having similar issues. Although I start by trying to find a suitable place for the pits. I have given up on a couple of locations because there doesn't seem to be anywhere to put them.

I have definitely taken comfort in some of FE’s more eccentric pitlane solutions. As long as you/we can at least match Bern’s level of suitability (with the garages 700m away from the pit-lane via active public roads no less) then I think we’re ok!

#58 OneLapWonder

OneLapWonder

• 74 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 17:43

Slightly inspired by Xbox 360's Project Gotham Racing 3 (2005), I have made the:

Tokyo Shinjuku E-Prix track

The track manoeuvres through the heart of the Shinjuku-district - characterized by the world's busiest railyway station, skyscrapers, entertainment and shopping areas and basically just lot's of neon signs. It would be one of FE's signature events.

The track is, compared to other FE-venues, pretty wide and long. It measures around 3.5km/2.15 miles and consists out of 19 corners (8 left, 11 right). It hasn't got long straights though; the longest being 0.4km/0.25 miles between T6 and T7.

rCfbg5V.jpg

#59 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 12,034 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 18:47

The track manoeuvres through the heart of the Shinjuku-district - characterized by the world's busiest railyway station, skyscrapers, entertainment and shopping areas and basically just lot's of neon signs. It would be one of FE's signature events.

Certainly looks like it would be spectacular. 

Good to have laps on a good distance and roads that are nice and wide,  I can't say I am surprised in the least that an emerging trend in the designs so far  :lol:

Advertisement

#60 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 45,984 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 19:07

Looks like a good track to find a rhythm on.

#61 FredrikB

FredrikB

• 1,173 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 21:38

The Stockholm E-prix.

In the centre of Stockholm, but without shutting down the whole town.

We race past the Royal Castle, The house of nobiity, Riksdagshuset, state department, Nordiska Kompaniet, the Royal Gardens and many more landmarks.

The track is about 3,2 kilometers. Could be done, not to many things has to be altered. 

fKL06vk.jpg

#62 Vielleicht

Vielleicht

• 5,961 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:49

Looking good! I like the abundance of wide, sweeping turns of both the Tokyo and Stockholm routes.

#63 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 45,984 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 01:52

The island section really stands out as looking fun to drive.

#64 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,048 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 04:21

I’m on the PAYR e-train.

Jp

#65 owenmahamilton

owenmahamilton

• 338 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:34

I'm no good at drawing at all I'm afraid, but how about the circuit layout that was used for the Birmingham Superprix:

https://en.wikipedia...ngham_Superprix

#66 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 12,034 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 14:40

I’ve got more than one route drafted for another attempt. I’ll gave to choose which one has the most promise...

#67 Vielleicht

Vielleicht

• 5,961 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:39

This is a 3 week reminder, the dealine is in 3 weeks on the 6th October.

Would be nice to see some more designs!

#68 Alan Lewis

Alan Lewis

• 1,033 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 18:29

Very well then...

Newcastle-e-Prix-Circuit.jpg

Presenting the Newcastle upon Tyne ePrix. The course, measuring 3.68 km (2.28 miles) will be known as the George Robson Memorial Circuit, commemorating the 1946 Indianapolis 500 winner, who was born in 1909 in Elswick, a couple of miles west of the Tyne Bridge. The winner will receive the Sir Joseph Swan Trophy, named after the (Sunderland-born) scientist who on February 3rd 1879 gave the first public demonstration in the world of a working electric light; the demonstration took place at the Literary and Philosophical Society of Newcastle upon Tyne, a building which lies alongside the circuit.

Don't worry if you can't remember all the history first time - Bob Varsha will be contractually obligated to drop all these little gems into commentary during the event.

The lap begins on the Tyne Bridge (marked in red on the map), 30 metres (98 feet) above the river, with the start-line at the mid-point of the bridge - the border between the City of Newcastle upon Tyne and the Metropolitan Borough of Gateshead. This does, strictly speaking, violate Rule 3 of Vielleicht's OP, but I can exclusively reveal that Gateshead have agreed that the small segment of their Borough that the circuit runs through will be temporarily designated part of the City of Newcastle for the duration of the meeting. Always a formality, of course; Geordies, Mackems and all the various North East tribes have always lived in harmony with no rivalry or ill-feeling between them at any time. Seriously. Trust me on this.

Coming off the Bridge, the field turns into the long left of The Central Bar Loop (in deference to local culture and sacred beliefs, most of the corners are named after nearby pubs). This drops down past the Sage concert hall and under the Tyne Bridge - this is, I believe, Formula E's first figure of eight track - to reach river level at the Swing Bridge.

Bob Varsha Commentary Break: The Swing Bridge occupies the site of the original Roman bridge over the Tyne, the Pons Aelius. The current bridge dates from 1876 and gets its name from the fact that it pivots around the middle to allow ships to reach the sea from the Armstrong Shipyard a mile or so upstream - George Robson's birthplace at the now-demolished Evelyn Gardens in Elswick overlooked the shipyard, which is now a business park.

Crossing the Swing Bridge brings the field back into Newcastle for the rest of the lap, with a long right-left swinging them along Sandhill, then past the Red House to climb up Side and then a fast right (Crown Posada) onto Dean Street. At the top of Dean Street, there is a 90-degree left onto the West Road. Passing St Nicholas' Cathedral, the cars again turn left onto St Nicholas Street and drop down towards the Castle and the approach to High Level Bridge. Turning right before they reach the High Level, at Bridge Hotel corner, the field runs up Westgate Road, through the slight right-hand kink of Split Chimp and on past the "Lit and Phil", where Swan gave his historic demonstration.

Bob Varsha Commentary Break: As they pass the Lit and Phil, the cars will travel across the line of Hadrian's Wall, marked by a plaque on the side of the building.

No Formula E track is complete without a tight chicane, so as the cars pass the George Stephenson Monument on the right, with Central Station in front of them, they flick right and then left at Long Bar (this pub is now officially called the Waiting Rooms, but it was the Long Bar for generations and we're not changing it now).

Bob Varsha Commentary Break: In the original 1971 film version of Get Carter, Michael Caine is seen leaving Central Station and crossing the road into the Victoria and Comet Hotel. However, when the camera switches to the internal shot, it is the Long Bar that Jack Carter is in.

After the Long Bar, the circuit turns right at the Mile Castle onto Grainger Street and climbs again in a long straight blast up to the Grainger Market. This is the highest point of the track at 42 metres (138 feet) above the river. A fast right-hander at Grainger Market leads onto Market Street, which drops down to the crossing with Grey Street, the Theatre Royal on the right and Grey's Monument up on the left, before rising again to the right-hander at Pilgrim Street. Dropping downhill, the field arrives at the Swan House Roundabout, the left-hander leading onto which will be known as the Monkey Bar turn.

Bob Varsha Commentary Break: The Market Lane Tavern dates back to around 1850 and has long been known as the Monkey Bar. The story goes that it was a popular watering hole for the Irish labourers who built much of Victorian Newcastle, who would leave their hods, or "monkeys", in the passageway as security against their bar bill. By contrast, the Swan House building - which is, of course named after Joseph Swan, and around which the roundabout runs - was built in the mid-sixties and was formerly the local British Telecom headquarters but is now a block of luxury apartments called 55 North, after the circle of latitude that runs through the city.

Now in the final stages of the lap, the cars loop right around the Swan House, leading them back onto the approach to the Tyne Bridge. If they instead continue left from Monkey Bar, they enter the pit-lane - which in civilian life is the slip road onto the A167(M) Central Motorway. The pits (yellow on the map) will be on the motorway itself, with the slip roads on either side, plus the New Bridge roundabout (all in turquoise) forming the pit entrance and exit lanes.

And there we have it. There will be quite a bit of "street furniture" to move to enable this track...but we've already got Gateshead to agree to cede territory to Newcastle for a weekend so, y'know. It's two lanes most of the way, and the Tyne Bridge is four, though anyone trying anything too ambitious along there will have plenty of time to consider the folly of their ways before they hit the water. Certainly the least problem will be the road closures - last Sunday, the runners in the Great North Run ran down the pit-lane and over the Tyne Bridge for the 39th year; on Monday the third stage of the Tour of Britain came in along the Quayside before turning at the Red House to climb Side, Dean Street and Grey Street for a "summit finish" at the Monument; and on Tuesday they set off on stage four from the Sage to head off for Kendal. This city knows how to re-route traffic if there's something going in the centre.

Anyway, as a bloke from Zanzibar once almost said: "This isn't real life. This is just fantasy".

Edited by Alan Lewis, 15 September 2019 - 18:43.

#69 Vielleicht

Vielleicht

• 5,961 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 19:52

Presenting the Newcastle upon Tyne ePrix. The course, measuring 3.68 km (2.28 miles) will be known as the George Robson Memorial Circuit, commemorating the 1946 Indianapolis 500 winner, who was born in 1909 in Elswick, a couple of miles west of the Tyne Bridge. The winner will receive the Sir Joseph Swan Trophy, named after the (Sunderland-born) scientist who on February 3rd 1879 gave the first public demonstration in the world of a working electric light; the demonstration took place at the Literary and Philosophical Society of Newcastle upon Tyne, a building which lies alongside the circuit.

Don't worry if you can't remember all the history first time - Bob Varsha will be contractually obligated to drop all these little gems into commentary during the event.

Now this is exactly the kind of fun historical content I was hoping for more of!

I love it.

Edited by Vielleicht, 15 September 2019 - 19:52.

#70 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,952 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 13:32

Well, that's my entry!

Sorry for my awful photoshop skills  :lol:

Make Imola great again!
An hybrid 3.0 km long track in-out the Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari

imola-2.png

I would love to see Formula E racing at Imola, so here it is my idea for the current Gen of cars.

(for Gen 3, you can imagine removing the mid straight chicane, for 300 km/h-esque top speeds) 

The lap starts on Imola's main straight, in front of the main grandstand. Hopefully packed up for the race start  :smoking:

THE TRACK 

A 3.0 km hybrid circuit, with both fast & very technical sections, both in-circuit & in city-bits.
No need for huge energy management there given a number of heavy braking zones.

Races could be very much like sprint races there!

imola-1.png

Turn 1 is a sharp left-right, quite similar to Monza's Variante del Rettifilo. 
Plenty of overtaking opportunities there, coming from the straight. 

The FE track gets out of the Imola circuit from one of the Marshall's post gates

Under the Bridge!
One of the most exciting sections of the circuit.

Steep downhill after turn 1going through a brief tunnel (highlighted in the map), before rapidly going uphill towards the bridge chicane!

Pretty tight, unforgiving section. One to watch!

Bridge Chicane
Fast chicane there, similar to the Punta del Este ones. You have to attack the corner to get the best exit on the long straight

Paddock Run

A long straight goes trough the Imola's Paddock. Cars will reach at least 220 km/h there.
Big overtaking opportunity at the end of it, with a sharp turn that leads to a sequence of 90° corners, similar to Singapore's T3.  Rythim is the key there

tt.png

As you can see. You can use the back paddock section with ease. Plenty of space there!

The "U" 

Highlight of the Paddock section of the circuit is the U turn that leads outisde the Paddock zone. 

Cars will tend to slide out of the ideal line there, great point for a grandstand seat

The long U leads to a double apex corner, before the fast, final part of the circuit begins.

Rejoining The Track

The FE track will follow the outside route to rejoin the circuit through one of the Marshall's gates. 
A very fast left-right sweeper will lead into the main Imola Straight once again.

The Final Chicane

Final overtaking opportunity, the chicane is currently used by SuperBike & some touring car series as well.
Can be removed in future itinerations of the FE circuit, to achieve higher top speeds. 

4508-art.jpg

Pit-Lane
One advantage of using part of a traditional circuit.
You can use the circuit's pitlane  :smoking:

E-Village

Just at the back of the circuit there's a Big Space for The e-Village + Car Parking.
There's already a big restaurant there, than you can add exposition structures, even a little electric kart Track. Plenty of space there.

america-graffiti.jpg

Edited by thegamer23, 18 September 2019 - 13:37.

#71 Radoye

Radoye

• 3,365 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 14:31

Toronto E-Prix

Untitled.png

Run clockwise, start/finish as well as the pits are on the parking lot to the right.

Edited by Radoye, 18 September 2019 - 14:33.

#72 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 45,984 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 17:40

Both look quite fun.

#73 absinthedude

absinthedude

• 5,709 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 17:55

Is it possible to add images to a message? I mean not hosted elsewhere?

#74 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 45,984 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 18:04

No it isn't possible. However free image hosting sites are readily available. I use imgBB https://imgbb.com/ which is a very no-nonsense site.

#75 maximilian

maximilian

• 8,112 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 18:15

Well, I wanted to do a better job on the graphics and all, but since I am currently traveling in Europe, I'll just submit this half-ass job for the KEY WEST ePRIX as-is.  Lack of runoff areas necessitated a few extra turns to keep speeds down, but should still be a pretty fast and scenic track with picturesque views?

EEwYjmGXUAAHW64.jpg

EEwYjmNXoAA6_y8.jpg

EEwYjmZXoAAYBln.jpg

EEwYjmWWsAAnxO3.jpg

EExAcciXsAAvF89.jpg

EExAcc8WkAANiZe.jpg

EExAcctXoAg_Wal.jpg

EExAcc1X4AImh0i.jpg

EExAg2ZWkAACL2R.jpg

#76 Vielleicht

Vielleicht

• 5,961 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 18:20

the KEY WEST ePRIX as-is.  Lack of runoff areas necessitated a few extra turns to keep speeds down, but should still be a pretty fast and scenic track with picturesque views?

Reminds me of the fast sections of Macau in a way. :up:

#77 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 45,984 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 18:27

Looks like quite a long one. Location looks fantastic.

#78 absinthedude

absinthedude

• 5,709 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 19:56

No it isn't possible. However free image hosting sites are readily available. I use imgBB https://imgbb.com/ which is a very no-nonsense site.

Ugh I tried the site suggested but am told I am "not allowed to use that image extension on this community"

I guess my designs for the London Hyde Park E-Prix will forever remain a mystery

#79 sgtkate

sgtkate

• 5,559 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 20:02

Well, I wanted to do a better job on the graphics and all, but since I am currently traveling in Europe, I'll just submit this half-ass job for the KEY WEST ePRIX as-is.  Lack of runoff areas necessitated a few extra turns to keep speeds down, but should still be a pretty fast and scenic track with picturesque views?

EEwYjmGXUAAHW64.jpg

EEwYjmNXoAA6_y8.jpg

EEwYjmZXoAAYBln.jpg

EEwYjmWWsAAnxO3.jpg

EExAcciXsAAvF89.jpg

EExAcc8WkAANiZe.jpg

EExAcctXoAg_Wal.jpg

EExAcc1X4AImh0i.jpg

EExAg2ZWkAACL2R.jpg

Your definition of 'half-assed' and mine are quite different!  :rotfl:

Advertisement

#80 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,048 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 20:09

For those struggling with posting images....

on imgBB use the “BBC code full linked” option

So it should look like this without the - in the brackets

[-img]https://i.ibb.co/19c...412-F93-A80.jpg[/img-]

Jp

Edited by jonpollak, 18 September 2019 - 20:14.

#81 Fatgadget

Fatgadget

• 6,966 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 20:16

Would love to see FE on a traditional race circuit. Brands Hatch or Lydden Hill eg. After all even Bangers used to race there!

#82 absinthedude

absinthedude

• 5,709 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 20:28

[-img]https://ibb.co/89B643D[/img-]

Ladies and Gentlemen, route 1 for the London Hyde Park E-Prix 1.95 miles

#83 absinthedude

absinthedude

• 5,709 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 20:29

[-img]https://ibb.co/C2ZdM63[/img-]

And route 2...2.95 miles

#84 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 45,984 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 20:50

[-img]https://ibb.co/89B643D[/img-]

Ladies and Gentlemen, route 1 for the London Hyde Park E-Prix 1.95 miles

[-img]https://ibb.co/C2ZdM63[/img-]

And route 2...2.95 miles

Hpgp.jpg

hpgp2.jpg

There you go absinthedude. Just go to your link, select the "Embed Codes" tab below the image, and past the BBCode part straight on here.

#85 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,952 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 21:33

Love to see all those entries today, keep them coming! :up:

#86 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,048 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 00:32

Absiynth..... remove the - and it’ll show up like PayasYouRace posted.
Jp

#87 Donkey

Donkey

• 947 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:14

I present the Maid Marian Formula E Prix of Nottingham powered by the Nottingham Tram.

- 3.24km long

- Run clockwise

- A power circuit with no mickey mouse chicanes

- 52 metre elevation change up and down the hill

- Not one, but two tunnels! (ok, very short tunnels...)

- Would gridlock Nottingham for sure...

Maid-Marion-E-Prix-of-Nottingham.png
free foto hosting

Maid-Marion-E-Prix-of-Nottingham-2.png
free foto hosting

#88 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 12,034 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 21:00

Gonna throw in this one. Found the polygon tool on Google Earth which makes it look more track-like. 

So... here's the Seattle ePrix 

Screenshot-2019-09-27-at-21-50-02.png

Length is about 2.2km, runs anti-clockwise. We have a start line in a car park leading to a tightening double apex turn one. A sequence of five 90 degree left handers (why not eh?) connected by long straights on wide roads. Then we get interesting, and turn into the stadium section. A right handed quasi-hairpin takes the cars through an access tunnel into the stadium, which houses a majority of the trackside seating, big screens, the podium and a technical section of track. Leaving the stadium we have a hairpin and sequence of twisting bends to end the lap. 

What's more, I think I'd run this one as a night race. Making use of the flood-lit stadium would sure be a spectacle, I think. 

Edited by Ben1445, 27 September 2019 - 21:56.

#89 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 45,984 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 05:28

Still fewer 90 degree corners than the Houston CART circuit.

#90 Vielleicht

Vielleicht

• 5,961 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 10:32

So... here's the Seattle ePrix

Quite like that. Looks like a good mix of fast and technical. A night race would look great.

Only two more weeknds until deadline! Would be fun to see a few more...

#91 lonestarstraits

lonestarstraits

• 164 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 14:50

Here's one for San Sebastian in the Basque country.
4.46km (2.77mile) circuit threading through the streets around Bahía de la Concha and the old town, utilising 2 bridges over the river.

Track-Map4.png

The main straight runs along the beach, with a brick-surfaced pit lane right on the front. (Excuse my ignorance of the space required for an FE pitlane, this may require some extension! There's also a conference centre at the bottom of the pitlane which could be used for paddock/media etc.)
PitLane2.png

The track passes over the first bridge and immediately into the kink of Turn 1, which is a fast lane change to thread between shrubbery on the left and an underground car park entry (a favourite of San Sebastián city planners) on the right.
Turn1-2.png

Turns 2-6 are a series of 90deg corners along the front of la Concha Bay. At Turn 4 the track is forced to narrow to 2 lanes due to another underground car park entry right on the exit, so it will be single file through to Turn 6, where the track opens up as the cars head off on the 770m run down to the Turn 7 hairpin, the best overtaking opportunity on the circuit.
Turns3-6-2.png

Turn7-2.png

The track then head back up through town with another passing chance at Turn 9 which turns 90 right at a wide crossroads. Then we go past the Cathedral and emerge onto the river side at Turn 10 which is a relatively wide (for this circuit) left hand sweep.
Then it's under a canopy of trees before emerging and heading back east over the second bridge at Turn 11 before a tricky braking into the tight Turn 12.

Turns11-12-2.png

The track bends to the right on the run up to the final complex. Turn 13 is a fiddly chicane leading into the final hairpin, which is a kind of shrunken version of the final corner at Sepang as the cars turn and head for the line. Overtaking here will probably require going side-by-side through 13.
Turns13-14-2.png

Overall a little narrow in places, could be improved with the liberty to rip up a few bits of street furniture!

#92 maximilian

maximilian

• 8,112 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 12:27

Beautiful job, lonestarstraits!

So... is this quietly disappearing?  Who will set up a voting thread, so we can declare the Basque ePrix the winner?  :lol:

PS:  I think the Attack Mode Activation Zone should be in that underground car park lane by turns 4-5!!  :lol:

Edited by maximilian, 03 October 2019 - 12:31.

#93 Vielleicht

Vielleicht

• 5,961 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 12:35

I’ll set up a voting thread after the closing date on the 6th October

Anyone else who may wish to get an entry in you have until the end of Sunday (London time)!

#94 maximilian

maximilian

• 8,112 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 12:39

Jolly good!  For some reason, I thought it ended on October 1 - better yet... submit your continued entries, folks!   And then, we can declare the Basque ePrix the winner!  :lol:

#95 JRodrigues

JRodrigues

• 1,804 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 16:57

It took me months *cough* to make this.. I present to you: CIRCUITO DA BOAVISTA, in Porto  :cool:

wOJLVnK.jpg

I even had time to do a onboard video  :drunk:

https://www.youtube....h?v=4ktISPTtbiY

#96 maximilian

maximilian

• 8,112 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 17:22

I even had time to do a onboard video  :drunk:

https://www.youtube....h?v=4ktISPTtbiY

OMG, we had no idea you are Tom Coronel!  How cool to have a well-known driver on the forum!   ;)  :lol:

#97 thegforcemaybewithyou

thegforcemaybewithyou

• 4,006 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 17:43

I'll publish my entry after the deadline, I don't want to steal the win with my brilliant design idea... :p

#98 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 45,984 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 17:49

Erm... Rule 2?

The Rules
1. The length of your circuit should somewhere in the region of 1.5 to 3.0 miles (2.5-5 km) in length
2. The layout should be original - it should not be too similar to any circuit currently or previously in use
3. The circuit should be temporary and within the official city limits of your chosen location (make of that what you will)
4. Entries should at least specify a route, the direction and start-line/pit-lane locations. Further details (grandstands, etc.) are welcome but not necessary.
5. Entries should take the form of a single, aerial-view image of your circuit (see below)

#99 thegforcemaybewithyou

thegforcemaybewithyou

• 4,006 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 17:56

Alonso's take on the Porto Circuit:  ;)

Advertisement

#100 lonestarstraits

lonestarstraits

• 164 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 21:19

PS:  I think the Attack Mode Activation Zone should be in that underground car park lane by turns 4-5!!  :lol:

I did consider if I could just leave it open as an extra option :lol: