* * * * * 1 votes

The Inaugural and Unofficial 2019 FE Street Circuit Design Competition

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 GenJackRipper

GenJackRipper

• 280 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 22:34

I made this circuit some time ago so here it goes again.

The Nice E-Prix.
Since the Monaco E-Prix is only every other year and we all love going to the Cote d'Azur; why not a E-Prix in Nice?

I have made a circuit that goes around the old town of Nice.
Starting at the end of the Promenade Anglais, the start is at the end of the Paillon Park, the route goes east along the seafront of the old town. This area has an extended boardwalk which I have used to have the pit garages.
Continuing toward the Castle Hill (the rock between the old town and the port), the circuit follows the road around the hill towards the port. When following the port to the end, there is a chicane in front of the Notre Dame du Port Church.
Going westwards, following Rue Cassini we reach the Garibaldi Square; one of the main squares in Nice.
Here we turn west and get onto the Paillon Park. First crossing the park to the north/western side, then crossing it to the south/eastern before crossing it one final time at Place Massena and following it towards the Promenade Anglais and the start-finish straight.

Edit: Forgot to add; the circuit is going in a counter-clockwise direction and is about 4 km long.

Let me know your thoughts/questions.

Nice-E-Prix.png

Edited by GenJackRipper, 04 October 2019 - 09:09.

Advertisement

#102 maximilian

maximilian

• 8,113 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 23:57

Nice!  :up:

#103 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,513 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 08:17

I swear I used to make up similar circuits in Driv3r. Obviously a good location for racing.

#104 JRodrigues

JRodrigues

• 1,805 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 16:14

Erm... Rule 2?

It's not my fault I'm a rebel...  :|  

#105 Vielleicht

Vielleicht

• 5,961 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 09:02

Closing deadline is midnight tonight, October 6th, London time.

This is the final call for any further entrants! Voting will then commence this coming week.

#106 thegforcemaybewithyou

thegforcemaybewithyou

• 4,006 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:29

My out of competition entry, I simply call it the "FE Circuit", just look at the picture to see why!  ;)

Located in the Munich city center, I found an open space that already has some tarmac on it to race on. The start finish line is to be found in the longest straight of the E part, after the start, the cars quickly reach the F part. The F and the E parts are connected by the "Bavaria loop" around the well known Lady Bavaria , who'll protect the drivers during the race.
The podium ceremony will also happen just below her where the winner will receive a traditional present .

For a nicer atmosphere around the circuit, I can imagine to put up some tents and maybe a Ferris wheel. If this idea sticks then a bigger festival in October could evolve from those attractions.  ;)

4mJhnVZ.jpg
"Oh no, DriverX just crashed in the F section and dropped a few F bombs..."

Edited by thegforcemaybewithyou, 07 October 2019 - 06:41.

#107 maximilian

maximilian

• 8,113 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 14:09

AFAIK, this location was actually really considered for an ePrix in place of Berlin, so you're on to something there!   ;)