Wales Rally GB - 2019

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Peat

Peat

• 8,849 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:54

I'm going go to the rally next month. 

A couple of years ago, I just went to Sweet Lamb and stayed there all day, moving slightly between the 2x runs.

I was thinking of trying to move between stages this time, but wondered about the logistics. At Sweet Lamb, there's a huge open area for parking. For other stages, I gather you just park up nose to tail on gravel forest tracks. I suspect that might make it difficult to get back out?

The transfers between stages themselves are all over an hour (without factoring in traffic) so I'm feeling less ambitious than when i started planning. 

The best backup, i reckon, will be to go to the Hafren end of the Sweet Lamb stage and just stay in the forest all day. Take all supplies in and just hang tough in the woods.  

Advertisement

#2 masa90

masa90

• 2,032 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 18:00

I have not been to rally Gb (shame, need to do it one day!) but on pretty much every site I have read that parking is pretty much like you mentioned. Which makes it maybe bit hard to make many stages during one day bit hard?

Have fun !

#3 PiperPa42

PiperPa42

• 6,041 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 20:11

I haven't been to a rally GB, but my experience from 6 WRCs (2x Germany, 2x Norway, Sweden and Finland) is that two stages + a service is about maximum per day. My dada an I tried to get three stages on a Saturday a few times, but it was very stressful trying to get around.

We never made it to Wales, we wanted to do it in 2014, but my dad got I'll during the planning phase. 

Edited by PiperPa42, 12 September 2019 - 20:12.