Swift Gallery 2019

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 eeyore48

eeyore48

• 92 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 19:40

Re: Nigel Roebuck Evening Thursday 27th September

I am very sorry to say that this event at THE SWIFT GALLERY will have to be postponed and will not take place on the advertised date.
As soon as we have any further information it will appear here.
Ian

Advertisement

#2 Roger Clark

Roger Clark

• 7,506 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 21:19

Presumably that should say 26th September

#3 eeyore48

eeyore48

• 92 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 22:36

Well spotted, Roger! You are correct. It should have said Thursday 26th September. Apologies to all.

#4 Slurp1955

Slurp1955

• 459 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:48

I had an e-mail from Andrew yesterday informing us of cancellations of the running/cycling event this weekend 21st/22nd September and also the Gallery Quiz night on Wednesday October 16th. The Nigel Roebuck evening has been postponed from September 26th to October 24th, but this is still a provisional date. Back to normal next year notes Mr Swift   :up:  

#5 Slurp1955

Slurp1955

• 459 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 12:21

A message from Andrew Swift regarding The Swift Gallery  

A message to our visitors.   To all our visitors and friends. Unfortunately I am sure we will be forced to delay our usual late May opening date. Given the public health situation, at present we are making no plans for this summer. Hopefully we can all get back to normal later in the year, in which case we hope to be able to offer a couple of evenings of interest.

The gallery is currently in the midst of a large reorganisation of all the photos. It is shaping up quite well, I think. Working in there largely on my own of late I have had time to reflect on all the wonderful experiences we have been able to share in there and the friendships which have flowed from that.

So, take care all of you and before too long we are going to be able to meet up again and share some memories and wine.

Best wishes
     Andrew

There is also a touching tribute to Stirling on the Gallery website, He was an early visitor to this splendid place https://www.theswiftgallery.co.uk/ I look forward to its eventual re-opening, and anyone on here who hasn't been, stick it on your list. It's Fenton's very own Cave of Altamira  :yawnface:

Edited by Slurp1955, 22 April 2020 - 12:23.