* * * * * 1 votes

W Series 2020

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#151 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 28,856 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 23:10

Check out The Grasser Lambo in IMSA as a point of interest for 2020.
For us girl driver fans anyway.

Tell me I’m wrong.
Jp

Advertisement

#152 ElectricBoogie

ElectricBoogie

• 615 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:30

Very good points.

The only bit I don't see is this being the fault of managers. This is a men's sport that's slow to include women on "their" turf, it's evident everywhere you look and has been over my 56 years in and around this sport. 

I see it as a sporting version of most men never welcoming their own wives into their Man Cave garages when them and the guys are wanting some guy time. The sociology and psychology of women struggling in racing is about as easy to see as most anything else we choose to not ignore.

And for crying out loud, can this thread ever mature to a point of being about the W Series and its drivers, instead of the constant man-bitching about the other BS that's been posted to death?

Get over it, Guys.

Perhaps promoting these drivers as guy drivers is just not the way to go.

If Formula E can gain popularity then sure as heck female drivers, especially when they also do well racing boys.
Expose the women to stunt driving classes, let them do more non-racing stuff to catch attention. In cars.

I see YouTubers creating content all the time. When it comes to cars, they are guys. Some with their girlfriend as the face of the channel.
Just let the girls drive around performance self-tasked challenges in super female cars and see how they stack up to regular guy YouTubers in guy cars.

If I can come up with it, the appropriate people who ought to be supporting these women towards commercial success certainly should.

Just saying "she's quite fast, races against boys sometimes" just doesn't inspire. Show some personality, darnit! I'm not calling for a bikini showcase, although that did help Lindsay Vonn perhaps. And many, many other female athletes. I don't think it's needed. Just showing that they're not ALL butch should get attention in itself.

Edited by ElectricBoogie, 04 December 2019 - 21:08.

#153 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 13,669 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 13:46

Joe is correct, it is sexism, but because it is sexism that favours women it is seen as acceptable.

He has just pointed out something blatantly obvious though, that those who shout the loudest about 'equality' are often the biggest hypocrites when it comes to practicing it.

Deary me!!! 

Mick Schumacher, Billy Monger and Alex Marquez are all generating significantly more media interest than other similarly experienced and talented drivers/riders, yet they're males. 

It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that just like them, Jamie Chadwick is generating significantly more interest than many of her peers, male and female, because her story is interesting and popular to many. 

That interests brands to become part of those stories and promote themselves to a wider, engaged audience. Which in turn funds the whole damn show in the first place. It's the job of the driver and management to build that popularity/value.

And it's a good thing it was on the BBC website and not Joe's website as nobody reads the grumblings of that tedious oaf anyway... 

#154 owenmahamilton

owenmahamilton

• 74 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 14:16

Deary me!!! 

Mick Schumacher, Billy Monger and Alex Marquez are all generating significantly more media interest than other similarly experienced and talented drivers/riders, yet they're males. 

It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that just like them, Jamie Chadwick is generating significantly more interest than many of her peers, male and female, because her story is interesting and popular to many. 

That interests brands to become part of those stories and promote themselves to a wider, engaged audience. Which in turn funds the whole damn show in the first place. It's the job of the driver and management to build that popularity/value.

And it's a good thing it was on the BBC website and not Joe's website as nobody reads the grumblings of that tedious oaf anyway... 

People having been calling him out on twitter about what he wrote and he said that their opinion is wrong.

#155 JavierDeVivre

JavierDeVivre

• 1,155 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 14:48

Do me a favour, it's a sense of wisdom, not a sense of entitlement. Your bash is totally unwarranted. She's got good people around her and they're trying to guide her career upwards not sideways and backwards. 

Nope, it's a sense of entitlement. You have to earn your chances and expecting to get something good from the outset is not a good attitude to have. Imagine not buying a first house because you couldn't afford a fully furnished luxury pad to your tastes, or not buying a car because you couldn't afford a Ferrari as your first car.

She may have good people, but they made a mistake in releasing this to the public/press. I'm sure every driver who has moved in to a higher category but drove for one of the lower performing teams would have loved to have been able to buy their way in to a decent seat straight away, but that isn't how it works. If she is holding out making a jump to the next level until she can get a good seat, she may just find herself unable to make that jump at all.

Most of the series that are running F3 specification cars are a step up from W, as they contain a realistic level of competition that will be faced elsewhere.
W is a outlier series that isn't representative of the competition elsewhere due to the way it fills it's grid. There isn't a true barometer of performance in it due to the differing levels of experience the entrants have.

She has been competing in F3 specification series for 2 years now, if she is serious about wanting to make it to the next ladder, she really needs to make it before she is surpassed by the next generation of racing drivers rising through the lower series.

Edited by JavierDeVivre, 04 December 2019 - 14:50.

#156 JavierDeVivre

JavierDeVivre

• 1,155 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 14:55

She probably doesn't have money for a good FIA F3 (fka GP3) seat. Winning W-series doesn't convince sponsors you are that level.

Which is why she really needs to take any FIA F3 seat and prove to the sponsors that she is worth splashing the cash for.

Yet Tatiana Calderon somehow got sponsors despite a far less impressive CV than Chadwick. 

Calderon crucially made the step to move to GP3/F3, which Chadwick has yet to do.

#157 JavierDeVivre

JavierDeVivre

• 1,155 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 15:02

Exactly the reason why she should be looking to move up the ladder surely?

I'm really not sure what you're getting at tbh. 

I suppose my concern is that competing in these endless 'F3' level series is becoming a means of gathering SL points the 'cheap way' 

I'm not saying moving up the ladder is easy either, particularly in financial terms. 

The SL points on their own are in reality worthless, having them is not going to get you into F1 if you lack in the experience you gain in F3 & F2. It's all a learning experience. If you look at the drivers who make it through to F1, the majority have climbed the ranks and have shown worthy performances as they did so.

#158 JavierDeVivre

JavierDeVivre

• 1,155 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 15:10

I think it's pretty piss weak to draw the sexism card over a nothing news article. There, what's relevant is whether it's newsworthy or not. If women are relatively rare in open wheel racing then it's not out of this world to consider her move newsworthy.

When the world is so prissy about 'sexism' and 'misogyny', it is absolutely right to highlight sexism where it exists, even if some people want to claim it is justified to suit their idealistic outlook. In a world where equality is seen as massively important, there is no excuse for it no matter who the beneficiary of it is.

Case in point.

Case in point of what? Show me the sexism in my post? Or are you trying to claim I am sexist for expecting some to not be given an easy ride in life in 2019 now when we are supposed to all be equal?

Edited by JavierDeVivre, 04 December 2019 - 15:10.

#159 E1pix

E1pix

• 22,462 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 16:04

No point showing what you can't see, and "easy ride in life" just states more of the obvious.

I suggest changing the thread title to "How and why the W Series sucks for all us poor, disadvantaged guys."

News Flash: Men and women are not "equal." The intent of equality was to stop women being shortchanged in the workplace and other areas -- and there's a long ways to go.

Advertisement

#160 sgtkate

sgtkate

• 459 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 16:08

When the world is so prissy about 'sexism' and 'misogyny', it is absolutely right to highlight sexism where it exists, even if some people want to claim it is justified to suit their idealistic outlook. In a world where equality is seen as massively important, there is no excuse for it no matter who the beneficiary of it is.

Case in point of what? Show me the sexism in my post? Or are you trying to claim I am sexist for expecting some to not be given an easy ride in life in 2019 now when we are supposed to all be equal?

I really don't believe it's down to sexism, but as others have pointed out, it's down to interest levels. People are interested in Robert Kubica and Billy Monger and the news stories about them outweigh other comparable drivers massively, yet no-one is kicking off about it being unfair to fully-abled drivers.

I strongly believe you are seeing what you want to see which is a sexist bias when really it's solely down to peoples interest. People are interested in Jamie Chadwick. She went from being unheard of to being almost a household name in the UK and that will drive more stories about her creating a cyclic effect. Same as Billy Monger. He had little coverage until his accident but his story since then has captured peoples imagination and the rest is history.

#161 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 13,669 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 16:26

Nope, it's a sense of entitlement. You have to earn your chances and expecting to get something good from the outset is not a good attitude to have. Imagine not buying a first house because you couldn't afford a fully furnished luxury pad to your tastes, or not buying a car because you couldn't afford a Ferrari as your first car.

She may have good people, but they made a mistake in releasing this to the public/press. I'm sure every driver who has moved in to a higher category but drove for one of the lower performing teams would have loved to have been able to buy their way in to a decent seat straight away, but that isn't how it works. If she is holding out making a jump to the next level until she can get a good seat, she may just find herself unable to make that jump at all.

Most of the series that are running F3 specification cars are a step up from W, as they contain a realistic level of competition that will be faced elsewhere.
W is a outlier series that isn't representative of the competition elsewhere due to the way it fills it's grid. There isn't a true barometer of performance in it due to the differing levels of experience the entrants have.

She has been competing in F3 specification series for 2 years now, if she is serious about wanting to make it to the next ladder, she really needs to make it before she is surpassed by the next generation of racing drivers rising through the lower series.

To me this just reeks of jealousy. Even Fernando Alonso has backers, he's not paying to do the Dakar himself, so to pretend the motorsport world is perfectly meritocratic in order to attack JC is as transparent as it is pathetic.

Motorsport is a machine + driver challenge. The object of the exercise is to get into the best seat possible in order to increase chances of success -  MOST drivers are buying into that either via personal wealth or via raising the funds. 

Was it "entitlement" that saw Max Verstappen skip through the junior categories. Perhaps you think he should still be in F2 proving himself...

If JC can raise the budget to secure a top seat in F3, that is what she deserves as that is how motorsport works. If she doesn't make the most of that opportunity that's the next debate as and when. In the meantime it's probably worth mentioning she's already won races in F3 in less than top seats.. (so how is this NOT earning it meritocratically even if that is not the pure process just about ANYONE else is following). 

Stupid arguement/

#162 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 13,669 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 16:30

Which is why she really needs to take any FIA F3 seat and prove to the sponsors that she is worth splashing the cash for.

Calderon crucially made the step to move to GP3/F3, which Chadwick has yet to do.

(1) how do you think Calderon got there (2) yes she has, over 50 races, 4 podiums and a win.

<FACE/PALM>

#163 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 28,856 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 21:12

I’d be far more interested in the opinion of female posters here, than the usual tired suspect opinions, were there to be any more hiding in the eves.

Jp

#164 E1pix

E1pix

• 22,462 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 15:26

W SERIES SCOOPS MAJOR AWARD FROM UK’S GUILD OF MOTORING WRITERS

W Series recognised for special contribution to motoring
Championship winner, Jamie Chadwick, voted Driver of the Year
Guild of Motoring Writers celebrated 75th anniversary at RAC, in London

London, Friday December 6th 2019 – W Series, the new international single-seater championship for female racing drivers only, has been recognised by the UK’s Guild of Motoring Writers for its special contribution to motoring, at the 75th annual dinner and awards at the RAC in London’s Pall Mall.

At the same ceremony, 2019 W Series champion, Jamie Chadwick, was voted Driver of the Year. She joins an illustrious list of winners including Formula 1 World Champions of the past, Sir Jackie Stewart and Nigel Mansell CBE; current Formula 1 World Champion, Lewis Hamilton MBE; and young up-and-coming Formula 1 drivers Lando Norris and George Russell.

In receiving the award, W Series CEO, Catherine Bond Muir, said: “We’ve had an incredible debut season, and we’re honoured to have recognition from so many different quarters. Encouraging more women into motorsport is just a part of a better sporting world that we’re all striving for, where gender balance is the norm rather than a mission.”

Previous winners of the award include the former land speed record holder, Richard Noble OBE, the new car safety organisation, NCAP, and independent automotive research centre, Thatcham.

Jamie Chadwick, the Guild’s new Driver of the Year, said: “This is an incredible honour and the icing on the best year of my racing career so far. To be mentioned in the same breath as many of my own sporting heroes is amazing, and one day I hope to be able to inspire a new generation of boys and girls in exactly the same way.”

The Guild of Motoring Writers was founded 75 years ago and, with more than 400 members, is the largest and most prestigious organisation of automotive editorial professionals in the world.

Chairman Richard Aucock said: “There was a very strong shortlist of exceptional contenders this year, but W Series stood out for its disruptive approach and strong mission-led vision in what is traditionally a male-dominated sport. If any of us had any doubts about its success, we only had to look as far as Jamie Chadwick, the first W Series champion, and a Williams Formula 1 development driver, and our Driver of the Year, for proof of what can happen in a single year. Massive congratulations to them both.”

#165 NotAPineapple

NotAPineapple

• 375 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 17:43

Driver of the year? Really?

Edited by NotAPineapple, 06 December 2019 - 17:44.

#166 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • RC Forum Host

• 21,113 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 17:49

Yes really. Deal with it.

#167 E1pix

E1pix

• 22,462 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 18:18

This thread exemplifies why women may well never have a chance to excel in motor racing.

It's become well beyond pathetic and isn't a discussion at all — and makes me wonder what the point is of spending time on forums.

The most annoying part is the detractors thinking nobody see through their prejudices. It reminds me of my upbringing in a violent, hateful inner city — like that animosity wasn't obvious, either.

Well done, Guys. Make your own damned dinner because it's clear a lot of you think that's what women are here for.

#168 NotAPineapple

NotAPineapple

• 375 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 19:02

If anyone can explain how she could logically be crowned driver of the year then consider me woke.

Past winners include George Russel, Billy Monger and Lando Norris. Does any sane mind really believe that she is performing at their level as a racing driver? 

If the award was personality of the year rather than driver of the year I'd have no issues, but there's no sensible line of logic in the world that could suggest she is more deserving than say Nyck de Vries or Robert Shwartzman, both of which won FIA championships by a considerable margin this year. 

By all means explain away.

#169 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • RC Forum Host

• 21,113 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 19:08

They explained it themselves. Why should we have to repeat it?

#170 NotAPineapple

NotAPineapple

• 375 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 19:13

You honestly consider that a reasonable explanation? That's the whole point of my argument.

Edited by NotAPineapple, 06 December 2019 - 19:15.

#171 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • RC Forum Host

• 21,113 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 19:18

Yes I think it’s a perfectly reasonable explanation. It’s their award after all.

If you want you can form your own guild and present an award to a male driver of your choosing.

#172 NotAPineapple

NotAPineapple

• 375 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 19:28

No I prefer to judge drivers based on performance be they male or female. 

#173 E1pix

E1pix

• 22,462 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 19:29

You honestly consider that a reasonable explanation? That's the whole point of my argument.

Now your argument is that the world's largest collective of racing journalists have no valid opinion compared to yours? 

The drivers you mention as "more deserving" didn't have to battle an onslaught of ignorant prejudice over their entire careers.

#174 Kalmake

Kalmake

• 3,579 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 19:39

Monger didn't need to win anything to get the award last year.

#175 NotAPineapple

NotAPineapple

• 375 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 19:43

Now your argument is that the world's largest collective of racing journalists have no valid opinion compared to yours? 

The drivers you mention as "more deserving" didn't have to battle an onslaught of ignorant prejudice over their entire careers.

Clearly you are trying to build a strawman here - please try to stick to the facts. Flick back on page and have a look at my response about her getting some BBC coverage  for her switch to the Asia series. I think Joes take on it was as illogical as it was ****. If Jamie wins F4 or F3 then she'd have every right to such an award. That would be a unique acheivement that has not occurred in recent history. I'm not fundamentally against her winning it although that's clearly what you've decided I'm all about.

I'm questioning the reasoning of the guild yes. If you've got a valid rebuttal based in reality please be my guest I'm all ears. You all seem to be really struggling on this point though.

BTW - a small reality check - the "more deserving" drivers weren't helped to a championship win through a process that disqualifies all of their main competitors based on their sex.

Edited by NotAPineapple, 06 December 2019 - 19:47.

#176 BRG

BRG

• 17,368 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 19:57

I assume that this award is only for UK drivers?  If so, then 2019 hasn't been such a strong year for them and I am not sure who else would have been in the running, with the obvious exception of Hamilton.  And I guess that would have been too easy.  I have great respect for Chadwick (and had it long before the W Series was even thought of) but I wonder if she deserved this award more when she won the British GT championship?

The whole thing has a sound of scrabbling by the Guild to get on board the bandwagon.

#177 E1pix

E1pix

• 22,462 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 20:02

Clearly you are trying to build a strawman here - please try to stick to the facts. Flick back on page and have a look at my response about her getting some BBC coverage  for her switch to the Asia series. I think Joes take on it was as illogical as it was ****. If Jamie wins F4 or F3 then she'd have every right to such an award. That would be a unique acheivement that has not occurred in recent history. I'm not fundamentally against her winning it although that's clearly what you've decided I'm all about.

I'm questioning the reasoning of the guild yes. If you've got a valid rebuttal based in reality please be my guest I'm all ears. You all seem to be really struggling on this point though.

BTW - a small reality check - the "more deserving" drivers weren't helped to a championship win through a process that disqualifies all of their main competitors based on their sex.

My comment wasn't about Jamie winning an all-women's series.

It was about what she's had to do to be there to begin with.

The jury's out on whether women can compete with men on equal terms at the highest levels.

The sampling to prove or disprove that simply doesn't exist yet — and won't until we have more women on track to tell us one way or the other.

Since racing's had over 100 years to prove equality, but hasn't yet, tells a big story.

It is clear that the W Series has generated new interest in the sport by a "new" fan and participant segment that is half of us all.

If we prioritize what us men think over women, about a topic that concerns them more than us, by extension we will compromise the future of a sport we claim to love.

It's our choice whether or not to support this series, of course. 

My vote is for racing. How about you?

#178 ElectricBoogie

ElectricBoogie

• 615 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 23:28

I remember the year Obama won the America's Cup. Google has removed it from the results. But I distinctly remember the press release after the Nobel announcement.

The world is getting really "woke" of late. James Bond retired and will be succeeded as 007 by a lady of colour. 

Such a misguided prize cannot ruin racing for existing fans, but may bring in new ones?? Might that be the way to look at it?

#179 markeimas27

markeimas27

• 112 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 13:26

Neither did Jamie have to battle prejudice her entire career to date. What year do you think this is? It's not the 1950s, this is 2019 and if she is fast enough and can pay the bills, then she is in the seat. If she is fast enough to win, then so much the better. 

Don't be so naive as to conflate the battles of yesteryear with the battles of today. 

I assume that this award is only for UK drivers?  If so, then 2019 hasn't been such a strong year for them and I am not sure who else would have been in the running, with the obvious exception of Hamilton.  And I guess that would have been too easy.  I have great respect for Chadwick (and had it long before the W Series was even thought of) but I wonder if she deserved this award more when she won the British GT championship?

The whole thing has a sound of scrabbling by the Guild to get on board the bandwagon.

It very much seems that the Guild has had a meeting with their PR person and decided that to stay relevant, it might well be best to be 'woke' (as is the popular vernacular).

My thoughts are that I think a lot of people here (just like with SPOTY) are confusing semantics. The meaning of 'driver of the year' can be based on whatever values they see fit. It's their award. If the values are coming back in the face of adversity then so be it. That will be why Billy Monger won it. Not because he is the actual best driver. Because let's be real, he was destined for GT racing at best before his shunt. But the mettle and character he has shown since is unreal. Stuff of a true champion. 

So if Jamie has won it based on some other values that deems her worthy, then so be it. She did great this year. She had a lot of expectations from folk in the know that she would win and dealing with that pressure must have been hard. But like with Monger, is she the best driver in the UK scene? No. If she was, she would have kicked backside at the Walter Hayes Trophy for example...

Edited by markeimas27, 07 December 2019 - 13:27.

Advertisement

#180 Sterzo

Sterzo

• 1,619 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 17:42

It's always more fun to make up stuff about other people's motivations than to listen to what they say. The only downside is that you get it wrong. It's clear from the quotes posted by E1pix that they' ve decided to give an award to the series for its special contribution and to Chadwick because she's its first champion.

All the objections simply miss the point.

#181 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • RC Forum Host

• 21,113 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 17:53

Anyway, what other driver has won an international championship where there's no chance of having an equipment advantage over anyone else?

#182 E1pix

E1pix

• 22,462 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 17:59

Don't be so naive as to conflate the battles of yesteryear with the battles of today.

Personal experience is the exact opposite of naivety.

#183 Requiem84

Requiem84

• 6,456 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 18:13

This whole thread shows exactly why the W series is needed.

Thanks I guess :).

#184 Vielleicht

Vielleicht

• 4,742 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 18:31

Anyway, what other driver has won an international championship where there's no chance of having an equipment advantage over anyone else?

This is also why I think the W Series does indeed deserve the special contribution award. As they say, it's a disruptive approach and I think it is right to recognise it.

#185 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 21,561 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 11:06

Good news for the series.

As part of what the series calls a "major" sponsorship agreement, ROKiT branding will appear on all 20 cars as well as every driver's overalls from season. Excluding the partners currently associated with the W Series, ROKiT becomes the first sponsor of the championship since it was launched in October 2018.

I do wonder about this brand, though. They've gone from appearing nowhere to appearing everywhere (F1, BTCC, Formula E, W Series) within a year. It strikes me as a bit odd.

#186 NotAPineapple

NotAPineapple

• 375 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 11:25

I briefly looked into their history and it seems that while the Rokit brand is new, the Rok Group who created it have been around since about the turn of the century. 

The are a good Antithesis to Rich Energy. Turns out that keeping your head down and silently building up a project works way better than giving the keys to your twitter account to a delusional dotard. 

#187 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 21,534 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 11:31

Putting claims of legitimacy aside, their logo looks awful on formula cars.

#188 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 3,835 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 11:37

Well, Bond Muir did say that the plan was not to chase large sponsors in year one and just show off the product. The aim being to attract a sponsor who wanted to back what W Series stood for and avoid misconceptions.

Good development though.

#189 Vielleicht

Vielleicht

• 4,742 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 22:20

W Series has picked up the Pioneer and Innovation Award at the Autosport Awards

Screenshot-2019-12-08-at-22-19-10.png

#190 Beri

Beri

• 2,155 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 22:34

Good news for the series.

I do wonder about this brand, though. They've gone from appearing nowhere to appearing everywhere (F1, BTCC, Formula E, W Series) within a year. It strikes me as a bit odd.

They are present in NFL and NBA as well.

#191 owenmahamilton

owenmahamilton

• 74 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:13

The FIA have confirmed that the winner of the 2020 W Series will get the required 40 points that will make them eligible for a Super Licence.

#192 Kalmake

Kalmake

• 3,579 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:37

The FIA have confirmed that the winner of the 2020 W Series will get the required 40 points that will make them eligible for a Super Licence.

Source? This one says 15 points, which is much more reasonable: https://www.motorspo...m/news/id/25552

#193 E1pix

E1pix

• 22,462 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 21:24

That article is written with a vague pen.

Seems to say bigger series like IndyCar pay the full 40 points with one title, whereas lesser championships pay 15.

#194 Kalmake

Kalmake

• 3,579 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 22:56

Vague pen? I think they say it very clearly. The whole points table is in Appendix L here https://www.fia.com/...on/category/123

#195 statman

statman

• 5,028 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:34

Indeed, if only others bother to read the press release:

It is important for me to use this series as part of my testing and development programme to ensure that I am race-fit for whatever 2020 throws at me.

She will miss out on pre-season testing though, so she jumps straight in at the first race. That can be pretty tough.

She's making her debut this weekend at Sepang.

Qualification this morning:

Quali 1: 10th

Quali 2: 8th

#196 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 13,669 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:53

Impressive, competitive start for JC. Looking forwards to hearing how it can be explained! 

#197 balage06

balage06

• 1,448 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 10:23

Impressive, competitive start for JC. Looking forwards to hearing how it can be explained! 

I thought she finished on the podium or something. She raced here last year as well, she was 6th in the first race.

#198 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 62,781 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 13:42

Seems worse than what she ran last year? She was a few rows closer to the front. 

#199 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 3,835 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 16:28

F3 Asia looks like a surprisingly strong field this year...

Advertisement

#200 E1pix

E1pix

• 22,462 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 16:54

Sans testing, a strong start.