Photo

Racing Comments redirecting to spoofing site

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Huffer

Huffer

• 3,558 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 18:27

Using Safari & Mac OS, I constantly get redirected to a spoofing site warning of there being 3 viruses on my Mac. Safari also automatically starts the download of a .dmg.

This isn't happening on any other site that I visit and the Mac is brand new.I guess it could be caused by a dodgy ad, but it happened frequently enough that it could point to something on the forum server too. 

Advertisement

#2 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,173 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 19:00

Which version of macOS and Safari are you running? Not seeing this on macOS 10.15 and Safari 13.0.2, so it might be linked to an advertisement.

#3 Huffer

Huffer

• 3,558 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 19:15

Which version of macOS and Safari are you running? Not seeing this on macOS 10.15 and Safari 13.0.2, so it might be linked to an advertisement.

I was just about to re=post and report that I had also encountered the issue on another forum with ads - so I'd agree with you that this is more than likely a dodgy ad. 

I'm on Mac OS Mojave (10.14) and running Safari 12.1. As I said, it's a fresh iMac that I only just unpacked today. I'm trying to update, but either Apple's servers or my ISP is playing up and making it impossible to download the update packages. 

#4 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 10,418 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 18:47

I keep getting redirects too.

I must say that I'm not really interested in GoGoPowerRangers!

#5 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 10,418 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 21:54

Still redirecting......

....now with added browser hijacks!....

:evil:

#6 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 33,568 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 14:21

Sometimes clicking "Racing Comments" would redirect me to the Singapore GP race thread. It hasn't happened in a while though. Cookies, cache, etc. No dodgy ads for me!