2020 Supercross

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 shotcaller

shotcaller

• 296 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 16:49

What I learned last night:

Barcia has come to play. Looks stronger than he has for years.

Cianciarulo is in with the big boys right away.

Roczen's mysterious illness is Epstein-Barr.  

Advertisement

#2 shotcaller

shotcaller

• 296 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 14:36

The season is back. Starting May 31st, 7 races all to be held in Salt Lake City. Every Sunday & Wednesday for a month.

https://motorsports....-final-7-races/

Edited by shotcaller, 16 May 2020 - 14:37.

#3 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,724 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:16

Mormon Supercross!

#4 shotcaller

shotcaller

• 296 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 14:54

Boy, AC can't buy a break.

#5 Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

• 1,841 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 17:58

Felt that Tomac was holding back last night.  He didn't look like his usual aggressive self on the bike.  The track was slick and I think he played it safe instead of really going after Webb. 

#6 shotcaller

shotcaller

• 296 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 19:10

Some fun, interesting racing yesterday. Glad to see Roczen gut it out. Shingles? How much medical bad luck can this kid have? The Lawrence brothers remind me of the Martins, the younger kid is the one to watch. 

#7 NZX_Lorne

NZX_Lorne

• 215 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 13:07

Some fun, interesting racing yesterday. Glad to see Roczen gut it out. Shingles? How much medical bad luck can this kid have? 

Yeah, with all the very serious injures he's endured (not to mention illnesses) it's amazing he can race at any level. The guy is beyond amazing!

I also like ET & CW... Just hoping ET slips up enough on Wednesday so that the Championship is decided on Sunday. I usually don't think this way, but I have no access to watching the Wednesday race on NBCSN, but the main on Sunday will be shown on NBC, which I (and almost everyone?) get.

;)    

Edited by NZX_Lorne, 16 June 2020 - 13:08.

#8 Nova

Nova

• 18,213 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 05:25

Haven't followed SX for years. I started looking when Rick Johnson won all on the Honda, then Jeff Stanton on the Honda, then Jeremy McGrath (first on Honda), and then I stopped looking. How do Big Red look this year?

#9 NZX_Lorne

NZX_Lorne

• 215 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 09:58

Haven't followed SX for years. I started looking when Rick Johnson won all on the Honda, then Jeff Stanton on the Honda, then Jeremy McGrath (first on Honda), and then I stopped looking. How do Big Red look this year?

I started following MX when Marty Smith was the most popular American rider, and although I never got to see the races live, I was well aware (via mags) of De Costers significant achievements on the World GP scene. Ricky Johnson is probably my favorite rider of all time. I raced CMA MX in Canada (much lower level than AMA) during the Johnson, Bailey, O'Mara, Hannah, Glover, Barnett, Ward. ect. days, which will always be my favorite era.

Anyway, Honda this year? Ken R. - all things considered - has been amazing and still (depending on what happens tonight) may have a shot at the Championship going into the final round on Sunday (which will be aired on NBC).