Photo

History XJR8 JRCR 003 at the 2020 Autosport International

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 13:31

It was lovely to see a potted history of cars that have featured in Autosports seventy years of existance, congrats to everyone who has been involved in keeping us informed over that period.

With the arrival of Group C my interest in Formula One took a serious tumble in terms of attendance and enjoyment of events through the colums of Autosport, so it was a pleasant surprise to see the XJR8 below at the Autosport International.

IMG-3437.jpg

No history for this car was given.

IMG-3439.jpg

But I believe I have seen the same car at Beaulieu and if that is the case other sources on the intelweb show the chassis plate as being TWR JRCR 003 completed in January 1988, so I am guessing this was built as a show car, can anyone confirm this was indeed the case and / or how many show XJR8s were built ?

IMG-3438.jpg

My inner sticker collecting pedant had a giggle when I saw the label on the stand ;-)

TYIA 

Advertisement

#2 BRG

BRG

• 25,898 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 17:05

That's a bit of a fundamental error to make at something like the Autosport Show!

#3 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 17:29

That's a bit of a fundamental error to make at something like the Autosport Show!

Can't let the facts get in the way of feel good show business, but one does wonder how it reflects on journalistic integrity. The XJR8 was not a Le Mans winner but it was a World Championship winner and did produce a world champion Raul Boesel.

Which reminds me Happy Birthday Eddie Cheever Jnr, who shared three victories with Raul Boesel in 1987 ;-)