Photo

Bob Hicks RIP

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Jenkins

Richard Jenkins

• 7,213 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 21:35

Sad news that Bob Hicks, of Caravelle fame, has died. http://www.brdc.co.u...cks-1930---2020

A full obituary is on the BRDC (link above)

I can't recall the year (maybe Richard Hinton - RTH can) but Bob came to at least one of the TNF film shows - I think it might've been the one that Bob Dance was at  - and he was a very pleasant chap and enthusiastic about the film shows.

We all need some good news right now, sorry to make the TNF a yet darker place.  :cry:

Advertisement

#2 Eric Dunsdon

Eric Dunsdon

• 1,021 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 14:06

R.I .P Another 1950's racer.

#3 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,531 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 14:46

Oh that is very sad news - for many years a still-active veteran - and of course a great Goodwood supporter which always impressed me considering his brother Joe had lost his life on the circuit in 1962...

Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

DCN

#4 RTH

RTH

• 6,066 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 14:43

Met him at his home about 5 years ago really charming man and still a total enthusiast . Yes indeed Richard Jenkins you are quite correct we did have him along on a Lotus themed day along with his pal Mike Anthony who sadly has just also  passed away .Below Bob left going

though a vast photo collection in his kitchen P1010436.jpg

#5 Richard Jenkins

Richard Jenkins

• 7,213 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 15:51

Thanks Richard. Well John Campbell Jones was also at that event (and others) so I guess these things come in threes, sadly.

Can I use the photo of Bob for his WATN page please Richard?

#6 RTH

RTH

• 6,066 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 13:42

Yes sure Richard  I do also have others from the same day    but that one is very typical of Bob - nice man.