Ranking F1 seasons of the 21st century , worst to best

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 MassaFan14

MassaFan14

• 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 15:40

2002- No words needed.

2015- Total dross, from Australia( 15 cars taking the grid?) to Abu Dhabi (astoundingly forgettable.) There were good races in Malaysia, Hungary and the USA, but that's nowhere near enough to make up for everything else. HAM-ROS-VET and the McLaren-Honda sham were particular lowlights.

2013- Beats 2015 purely because a few things happened in the first half of the season, Multi-21 was great fun as someone who despises Red Bull and seeing Lotus fighting for wins was nice. However, there was not a single race that was brilliant( which is actually somewhat scary) and it followed 2012, which cemented its failure. 

2004- OK, Schumacher destroyed everyone, but there were were a few positives. BAR and Renault were fresh, Monaco, Spa, Brazil and to a certain extent France (OK, a small extent) were crackers. I know I'm struggling, but can you blame me?

2001- Some decent races (Austria, Brazil), but the title fight was over from the moment DC emerged as Schumacher's only threat. Montoya's arrival was pretty fun though.

2011- The title battle was dreadful, but Vettel at least never had a sustained run like he did in 2013. Plus Canada was unbelievable, and China, Germany and Hungary were great too. And Legard was gone, so we got Brundle/ Coulthard as a duo, which was nice. There was a fair bit of garbage though( Valencia.)

2016- the championship battle was entertaining enough, and there were plenty of big moments( Alonso's Australia crash, Spain in general, Ricciardo's tyre debacle, the Mercedes collision in Austria, Hamilton backing up Rosberg, OH NO, NO), but a season in which one team wins 19/21 races can't be too high.

2009- The Button fairytale was great, the Brawn fairytale-thatsortofwasn't was nice, and that was sort of it. It was competitive, sure, but that doesn't always equal great racing. Brazil and Malaysia were good at least.

2014- I actually have a weird liking for 2014. I was probably the only person in the world who could stomach the noses, the Williams livery when it came out was sublime, Canada, Hungary and Bahrain were superb, the Rosberg/Hamilton dramas were fresh and Ricciardo was a breath of fresh air. Bianchi's crash, Caterham's demise, garbage like Malaysia, China and Russia and double points were severe low points though. 

2019- started woefully, but following France it was very enjoyable, and a lesson that championship fights certainly aren't essential to a good season. But still, the lack of a title fight, as well as the mess of France and Canada, limits it's position here.

2018- The championship was done after Singapore, and it's not a season that will be remembered for years to come, but there weren't too many stinkers, and Germany was a cracker.

2017- A championship battle, bloody hell. The racing wasn't superb, but not terrible, Singapore was iconic and Baku... yeah.

2005- V10s! Kimi driving like a monster! Schumacher being toppled! Suzuka! All the ingredients were there, and it delivered somewhat, but the lack of a brilliant title fight, Indy and the demise of two great teams, Jordan and Minardi, let it down a bit.

2006- Alonso V Schumacher. There you go. Hungary was brilliant, but Silverstone, Spain and the Nurburgring certainly weren't, and the way legends like Montoya, Villeneuve and Schumacher( Rascasse-gate) left a bit of a bitter taste.

2000- This feels like sacrilege. It is sacriliege. 

2007- Bwoah. There's a limit to how low a Ferrari-McLaren and Kimi-Lewis-Fernando duel can be. The racing was okay, with Fuji, Canada and Germany being the defininte standouts, and Spygate kept everything going off track, but for some reason I just don't love on the same level as the four below. It was still an exciting season though, obviously. 

2003- The perfect antidote to the seasons surrounding it. So many classics it's impossible to count, and Schumacher, Kimi and Montoya screaming around the world in the three greatest teams kind of encapsulates my love of F1. Fisichella's Brazil win was magic too.

2012- Negatives: The cars were a bit ugly( I know how hypocritical this sounds after the 2014 comment) and the Asian races were pretty dull. That's it.

2010- Somewhat irrational, but lists like this are always subjective. I LOVED the liveries( Lotus, Virgin, Renault, Williams, Red Bull at its finest), and I found the cars pretty too. Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso properly scrapping it out. Webber peaking. Schumacher's return. Australia, China, the Turkey collision, Alonso's Monza win, the drama in Korea, Singapore. Fernando is faster than you soured things, but what a season.

2008- It had everything 2010 had, and more. The first few races bar Australia and Mosley's orgy were a bit meh, but after that it was utterly thrilling. 

Advertisement

#2 Branislav

Branislav

• 3,511 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 16:23

Nothing beats Schumi vs. Alonso fight in 2006 season

#3 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,533 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 16:45

New members are requested to make at least 30 posts before starting a new thread.