Photo

Brabham BT36 Plans “Formula 1 Mecanica Argentina “MAF1” (1964-1979)”

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fred.R

Fred.R

• 95 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 22:59

A face Book group I follow “Formula 1 Mecanica Argentina “MAF1” (1964-1979)” , I enjoy it as it has lots of locally built cars and drivers that i have never been aware of before, it must have been a great time in Motorsport in South America, some one posted and issue of “Corsa” magazine and it has on the cover that it contains the complete plans for a Brabham BT36, and a page shot of the dimensioned drawings of the frame, I assume the rest of the components were spread over other issues ( to encourage you to keep buying the magazine i would think) and in the comments that people have made it appears this series did in fact encouraged a lot of people to build cars at that time , in light of Rons passing i wonder if he knew of the magazine articles and what he thought, , is any one else aware of something  similar , A release of information  that spawned  multiple cars, i am thinking of American copies of Brabham Indy cars, Lant RT 4’s built in South Africa , more so than the Allan Staniforth Terapins club level type builds and not just Ron’s cars

Advertisement

#2 Michael Ferner

Michael Ferner

• 5,193 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 06:38

In the US, blue prints* of successful racing cars were often circulated amongst the "trade people", were it of Indianapolis Roadsters, Sprint cars or Midgets. And yes, Ron's BT12 spawned a lot of "recreations", only one was built by the factory but about a dozen raced at one point.

* if they existed; some were built on rough sketches alone!