- - - - -

Ultimate Racing 2D

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 StraightEdge

StraightEdge

• 1,220 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 17:30

Anyone played this? I just bought it and I'm enjoying. Just pick up a controller or use your keyboard and accelerate, brake, and steer.

https://store.steamp...mate_Racing_2D/

Advertisement

#2 UPRC

UPRC

• 4,716 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 20:31

Can't go wrong with it being on sale for $5! Looks like a fun little racer, I'll give it a whirl.

#3 Rediscoveryx

Rediscoveryx

• 3,419 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 06:40

Looks nice! 

Wrong platform though - this is the type of game I'd like to play on my mobile/iPad device and not fire up the old PC for.

#4 Hati

Hati

• 6,951 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 07:09

I don't think you can control your car with the accuracy needed in these kinds of games on your average phone/pad. Precise controls and local multiplayer are essentials on these.

#5 LucaP

LucaP

• 1,478 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 09:12

Cool, going to try
Reminds me of GeneRally

#6 UPRC

UPRC

• 4,716 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 13:27

Cool, going to try
Reminds me of GeneRally

After playing a bit, I'd say that's a good comparison. Car control is way better in this though since you can control how close the camera is to the car, and the view is strictly overhead instead of isometric like it was in GeneRally. Still takes some getting used to, I was flying off the track at almost corner when I first started, but I was doing pretty well by the end of my play session and was (mostly) keeping the car on track.

I like how you can rename the teams and drivers and also customize how good they are. I recreated the 2020 grid and found that it did a good job of simulating the performance of the cars this year, which was pretty amusing.

Edited by UPRC, 07 September 2020 - 13:28.

#7 LucaP

LucaP

• 1,478 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 16:00

Can you also edit tracks?