First of many races on an either completely new track or track that hasnt been used in many years for the F1 calendar. Big opportunity to make up places here. The F1 track record for is a 1:18.704 by Rubens Barichello in a test in 2004, the latest official test in 2012 was topped by Fernand Alonso with a 1:22.444. We will have 59 laps on sunday.
The general idea of this game is that before the qualifying you will predict the time for the winner to complete the Grand Prix (not the driver, just his winning time). After the race I will work out based on the official winning time the difference between your predicted winning time and the actual winning time. Over the season the person who gets the lowest overall difference between their prediction and the real time will be the winner.
- The deadline for your prediction is the scheduled starting time of qualifying. Any predictions made after the deadline will not be counted and 4. will apply
- Until the deadline you can edit your guess as often as you want.
- All times should be submitted in the form h:mm:ss.xxx (if imbigious I will simply insert a zero on the wrong digit)
- If you miss a deadline I will take the time predicted by the player with the worst result and increase the difference by 1 minute
- All races will count into the championship, however every player will receive one joker (i.e. his worst result will be dropped or he can affort to sit out a round)
- In the event of an tie the best single result (then the 2nd best, 3rd best, etc.) will be used as the tiebreaker.
You can join the game at any time throughout the season. To have a good chance of winning the championship you should join right from the beginning!
Deadline: Start of Qualifying