Photo

Theme change changes theme on multiple devices

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ANF

ANF

• 29,325 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 10:56

Is the forum theme settings now stored in the forum account rather than locally in the browser on each device?
Changing the theme (between Mobile/Autosport Mobile and Full Version/Autosport) in one browser on one device will now change the theme for me on another device. This wasn't the case until today (or at least a few weeks ago). The problem occured today when I switched to Full Version on an Android device. It's very annoying.

I'm using
1 Windows laptop with Firefox and Chrome (let's call them A and B)
2 Android devices with Samsung Internet browser (C and D)

Changing the theme in A will change the theme in B and vice versa.
Changing the theme in A or B will change the theme in C and D.
Changing the theme in C or D will change the theme in A and B.
However, changing the theme in C will not change the theme in D and vice versa.

I'm not using any sort of browser synchronization as far as I know.

Is it just me?

Advertisement

#2 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,223 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 11:34

I find that if I make a change on one then it cascades for a while until everything settles. Then it's fine as long as I don't touch it. It always seems to start if I change away from mobile mode on my phone.

#3 ANF

ANF

• 29,325 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 11:47

Hmm, weird.

#4 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,200 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 13:52

Yeah, this has been a bug pretty much as long as I can remember. It will auto-select desktop/mobile for you if you leave it alone for some period of time (24 hours?) but if you specify one version or the other you will have to change it back the next time you log into a device of the opposite type (e.g. if you’re on mobile and you go mobile -> desktop -> mobile, it’ll be in ‘mobile’ mode the next time you use a desktop device; if you switch back to ‘desktop’ on your desktop device, it won’t affect the mobile version being shown on your mobile device if you give it some undetermined length of time before logging in on the mobile device).