Carlin: Ido Cohen, Ben Barnicoat, Kush Maini

Jenzer: Calan Williams, Filip Ugran, Jonathan Hoggard

Charouz: Michael Belov, Patrik Pasma, Josef Knopp

Advertisement

#2 balage06

balage06

• 3,108 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 15:07

It would be really cool to see Jamie Chadwick in FIA F3, especially in a competitive team, but her performance is really underwhelming this year. Even Vips is ahead of her in the points with a missed round and two DNF's.

#3 BRG

BRG

• 25,949 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 15:56

It would be really cool to see Jamie Chadwick in FIA F3, especially in a competitive team, but her performance is really underwhelming this year. Even Vips is ahead of her in the points with a missed round and two DNF's.

Jamie's a pretty handy driver but hardly absolute top-class. All the W Series win proved is that she was better than most other female drivers.  She would do better to concentrate on racing where she can do well.  She is a British GT champion so GTs would be the sensible way to go for her and maybe into LMPs.  A class win at Le Mans would do more for the profile of female drivers than trailing around in the F3 mid-field.

#4 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 4,043 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 16:55

Seems like Victor Martins will get his gig at Art GP as long as he does not throw away his eurocup season next week.

#5 ANF

ANF

• 29,522 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 18:01

Does Chadwick have the same support on and off the track as the other three Prema drivers in Formula Regional Europe? I find it odd that she's usually near the back while the others are near the front.

#6 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 4,043 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 20:02

Does Chadwick have the same support on and off the track as the other three Prema drivers in Formula Regional Europe? I find it odd that she's usually near the back while the others are near the front.

I can't see why a powerhouse like Prema cannot provide the same support.

I guess she is limited in speed, and i'm also questionning her physical preparation and nutrition when i see that kind of video.

#7 balage06

balage06

• 3,108 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 08:48

and i'm also questionning her physical preparation and nutrition when i see that kind of video.

Eating snacks once in a while won't make you unfit I guess. Also, almost every social media post from her are either from the track or doing some form of physical activity, which I like, she doesn't do that girly 'pose in front of things' stuff like jp's favorite Russian girl. :D

#8 BRG

BRG

• 25,949 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 11:29

i'm also questionning her physical preparation and nutrition when i see that kind of video.

The only thing that I question after that video is what the Hell is a 'Content Creator'?  And why should I care about what they think of Gasly winning a race?  No worries about Jamie.  Good to see her off-duty for once.

#9 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 4,043 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 11:40

Eating snacks once in a while won't make you unfit I guess. Also, almost every social media post from her are either from the track or doing some form of physical activity, which I like, she doesn't do that girly 'pose in front of things' stuff like jp's favorite Russian girl. :D

I am not sure i can call heineken can a snack.

I would easliy understand after a race meeting but if it is as casual i'm not sure a physio would like that.

But that's my 50 cent average joe.

#10 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,220 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 11:42

Really doubt Chadwick is any seriously hindered in fitness and nutrition preparation.

Anyway nice to see Martins will likely continue his career, he's not nailed FR2.0 quite as much as expected but he's clearly talented enough to deserve a progression and more chances in his career. Does he have Portuguese roots, Martins is quite a common surname here?

#11 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 4,043 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 11:59

Really doubt Chadwick is any seriously hindered in fitness and nutrition preparation.

Anyway nice to see Martins will likely continue his career, he's not nailed FR2.0 quite as much as expected but he's clearly talented enough to deserve a progression and more chances in his career. Does he have Portuguese roots, Martins is quite a common surname here?

Yes he has portugese roots.
He is coming from a county of France where there is a big portugese community.

He is even sponsored by a portugese bank.

#12 balage06

balage06

• 3,108 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 12:15

I am not sure i can call heineken can a snack.

It definately can't be called beer, that's for sure. :lol:

#13 ANF

ANF

• 29,522 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 20:14

I think it's called product placement.

#14 efuloni

efuloni

• 768 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 05:55

Grosjean posted a photo with a beer one of these days. Hulk's breakfast photo other day was anything but fit and healthy. Its really hard to believe that you guys are measuring her with the same rule as we do with others.

Anyone can have a beer and some snacks once in a while.

#15 pitlanepalpatine

pitlanepalpatine

• 2,446 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 13:01

The only thing that I question after that video is what the Hell is a 'Content Creator'?  And why should I care about what they think of Gasly winning a race?  No worries about Jamie.  Good to see her off-duty for once.

"Content Creators" can be anything from people who write for websites, to youtubers etc. It's the modern internet freelancer. 

Not sure if Floersch is staying in F3 or making a jump to DTM. Why would Schumacher go to Prema?

#16 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 4,043 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 19:44

You can nail Martins at ART GP for 2021 now with his Eurocup title.

Will be interesting to see if Collet retains Renault backing for 2021 even if he failed but i think he will make it to F3 anyway.

#17 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 11,079 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 00:17

Just found out about this, this guy should be banned from racing for the rest of his life, he was completely useless in F3 anyway and his presence in it meant there was one seat less for a driver who dies actually have talent, I hope that the FIA steps in and revokes his licence and that we never see him in an F3 car, or any other racing car, again:

He had posted these video's himself (driving with one hand one public roads doing 320km/h and other similar video's) on his own Instagram page, apparently this stupid macho was proud of it:

https://www.autoplus...hauffard-242715

https://twitter.com/...099483535077377

Edited by William Hunt, 02 December 2020 - 00:20.

#18 ANF

ANF

• 29,522 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 00:28

His behaviour gets even stupider when you consider how often he has spun off all by himself in F3.

#19 ANF

ANF

• 29,522 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 00:31

I remember making this comment when he spun off in his very first FIA F3 race. He should have listened!

Park it.

Advertisement

#20 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 15,997 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 01:13

Just found out about this, this guy should be banned from racing for the rest of his life, he was completely useless in F3 anyway and his presence in it meant there was one seat less for a driver who dies actually have talent, I hope that the FIA steps in and revokes his licence and that we never see him in an F3 car, or any other racing car, again:

He had posted these video's himself (driving with one hand one public roads doing 320km/h and other similar video's) on his own Instagram page, apparently this stupid macho was proud of it:

Oh, there is actually YouTube videos about this that he hasn't contacted the creators of, and told them to take it down or he will sue.

He did that to Josh Revell, and apparently something to Matt from WTF1 as well.

Daddy money talks.

#21 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 11,079 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 22:37

I would love to see what he would tell the judge then:  'this guy has posted a video I have spread myself on social media where I was bragging whilst I was breaking the law, driving 320km/h with one hand and a phone that's filming in the other hand, and risking innocent people's lives'  :rolleyes:

If he sues someone for posting his own video's he is going to get convicted himself. 

This punk needs his driver licence and his licence licence taken away for life. He is going to kill someone sooner or later. He is a disgrace for the sport, if he makes an accident doing this on public roads it's going to be all over the news that a FIA F3 driver did this, he is damaging the image of our sport badly. And think about what an example he is to young karters, some may think 'it's okay to do this later because an F3 driver is doing this'.

Also: a driver who has no respect for the safety of other people on public roads is not going to have an respect for the safety of other F3 drivers.

And the FIA's image is damaged as well, they are investing so much in road safety campaigns and one of their F3 drivers is behaving like a hooligan. Campos should also be ashamed that they let him drive one of their cars, sure he probably brought them a lot of money but there is a limit on what you can accept and what not, and that limit is determined by ethics. The FIA & Campos could actually sue him for damaging their reputation and these vids of him make a good case.

It's ironic that he probably never drove as fast in an F3 car as he is doing on public roads. 
On that French link he is seen driving at speed with only his underpants, that's taking narcisism to the next level.

#22 markpenske

markpenske

• 579 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 14:04

Formula 2 post-season testing today. Is there a site that posts timing? I curious to see how L.Sargeant does.

#23 balage06

balage06

• 3,108 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 14:06

Formula 2 post-season testing today. Is there a site that posts timing? I curious to see how L.Sargeant does.

Maybe join us in the F2 thread. :wave:

#24 Anja

Anja

• 10,347 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:24

Arthur Leclerc confirmed at Prema, so we know the first of the title contenders   ;)

#25 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 36,419 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 13:30

Arthur Leclerc confirmed at Prema, so we know the first of the title contenders   ;)

Is Arthur that good?

#26 Anja

Anja

• 10,347 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 13:39

I was referring more to the Prema dominance, which means the title will most likely go to one of their drivers. 

#27 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 36,419 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 13:41

I was referring more to the Prema dominance, which means the title will most likely go to one of their drivers. 

Ahh...noted.

#28 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 11,079 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 23:50

Alex Peroni intends to move to Indy Lights next year. I'm a bit sad about not seeing him get a chance in F2, very good driver.

Peroni currently has a Fundraising campaign to fund an Indy Lights seat:

https://asf.org.au/a...to-indy-lights/

Ugo De Wilde did exactly the same to fund his F. Renault Eurocup seat.
I've just seen an interview with Ugo's dad. Apparently he is very upset at Arden, claims that Ugo had signed to be their first driver and that after Australian Jackson Walls canceled his Arden F. Renault seat that Arden called up their home driver, Alex Quinn (who is also coaching there F. 4 drivers) to replace Walls. And De Wilde's dad claims that Quinn got preferential treatment, that Ugo had to drive the car with a set-up suited to Alex whilst he has a completely different driving style and that Reshad de Gerus and Ugo were not treated fairly in comparison with Quinn.

Could be true, what he says does make some sense but I think Alex Quinn simply had a strong campaign this year as well and I rate Alex as a very good driver.

I guess they won't do a fundraising for an Arden seat anymore.
Ugo De Wilde  himself said to the media that his dream is to do FIA Formula 3 but that they really don't have the money for it. His goal is to become a professional driver but currently he is financing his carreer with crowdfunding money so that's not an ideal situation, in any case he is not giving up and wants to drive again next year, if possible again in the same class until a sponsor comes up to finance him to FIA F.3 or, more likely, he will get an offer from a sportscar team. So it looks like money could halt another potential carreer here, Ugo may have been dissapointing this year but let's not forget that he also was runner up in Formula 4 behind Caio Collet and that he won his first F. Renault Eurocup race from pole on his debut last year. You don't do that without a significant amount of talent.

#29 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 4,043 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 20:03

Seems like Victor Martins will get his gig at Art GP as long as he does not throw away his eurocup season next week.

It seems that Renault does not want to put Victor in ART.

Victor, Fred Vasseur and Sebastien Philippe are pushing for a deal but Renault gets none of it.

They want to put him in a surprising team.

Renault's behaviour on this one is very shaddy to the say the least.

#30 balage06

balage06

• 3,108 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 20:50

We had an announcement today from HWA: Matteo Nannini is their first signing for 2021:

https://twitter.com/...875101051895808

#31 balage06

balage06

• 3,108 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 16:39

Hauger joins Prema as expected:

https://www.italiara...-2021/242611/55

#32 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,973 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 14:18

Read in Danish media today that Frederik Vesti is rumored to become a Mercedes junior. Not sure about the hype, so googled. This is what I came up with: https://www.reddit.c...to_run_for_art/

Anyone has better sources?

#33 balage06

balage06

• 3,108 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 15:57

Interesting if true, it looks like Toto likes to pick up the "underdogs". First, he passed on Max and supported Ocon instead, then the signing of Russell was also a bit confusing at first, but later when details emerged about Prema's unbelievable efforts to make Stroll a champion, it kinda started to make sense and now, Vesti was a bit overshadowed by his teammates last year, but yet showed great promise in his final stint.

#34 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 4,043 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 16:00

Interesting if true, it looks like Toto likes to pick up the "underdogs". First, he passed on Max and supported Ocon instead, then the signing of Russell was also a bit confusing at first, but later when details emerged about Prema's unbelievable efforts to make Stroll a champion, it kinda started to make sense and now, Vesti was a bit overshadowed by his teammates last year, but yet showed great promise in his final stint.

well frederik won the biggest amount of feature race in 2020, he did not loose the title by an inherent lack of speed

Edited by Viryfan, 13 January 2021 - 16:02.

#35 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 11,079 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 18:55

FIA F3 grid is filling up (bold is officially confirmed, not bold is said to have signed / agreed a contract but officially still unconfirmed, italic means the driver has tested for them at the tests at Barcelona & Jerez):

PREMA  (Ita)

Arthur Leclerc  (Mon)

Dennis Hauger  (Nor)

Olli Caldwell  (UK)

TRIDENT  (Ita)

Clément Novalak  (Fra / Sui / UK)

Jack Doohan  (Aus)

David Schumacher  (D)

ART GP  (Fra)

Frederik Vesti  (Den)

Aleksandr Smolyar  (Rus)

Amaury Cordeel  (Bel)

Hitech GP  (UK)

Igor Fraga  (Bra)

Jak Crawford  (USA)

Ayumu Iwasa  (Jap)

HWA Racelab  (D)

Enzo Fitttipaldi  (Bra)

Matteo Nannini  (Ita)

Oliver Rasmussen  (Den)  ?

Pierre-Louis Chovet  (Fra)  ?

Sophia Flörsch  (D)  ?

William Alatalo  (Fin)  ?

MP Motorsport  (Ned)

Victor Martins  (Fra)

Caio Collet  (Fra)

Tijmen van der Helm  (Ned)

Campos Racing  (Esp)

Alessandro Famularo  (Ven)  ?

Rafael Villagomez  (Mex)  ?

Pierre-Louis Chovet  (Fra)  ?

Petr Ptacek  (Cze)  ?
William Alatalo  (Fin)  ?

Carlin  (UK)

Jonny Edgar  (UK)

Ido Cohen  (Isr)

Sophia Flörsch  (D)  ?
Nazim Azman  (Mal)  ?

Cameron Das  (USA)  ?

Jenzer Motorsport  (Sui)

Calan Williams  (Aus)

Filip Ugran  (Rom)

Rafael Villagomez  (Mex)  ?

Jonathan Hoggard  (UK)  ?

Charouz Racing System  (Cze)

Michael Belov  (Rus)

Patrick Pasma  (Fin)  ?

Konsta Lapalainen  (Fin)  ?

Reshad de Gerus  (Fra)  ?
Josef Knopp  (Cze)  ?
David Beckman  (D)  ?

Petr Ptacek  (Cze)  ?

* It seems like Gianluca Petecof may be left out in the cold, quite a disgrace since he won the Formula Regional title, I hope that the Caldwell to Prema rumours aren't true and that seat still goes to Petecof but chances seem slim and the Caldwell transfer rumour (from Trident to Prema) seem reliable.
Franco Colapinto, who tested for MP and lost out to van der Helm for that seat, is likely to do Formula Regional by Alpine in 2021.
* Martins & Collet in the same team (MP) will be excited to watch.
* Hitech will be the official Red Bull Jr. team in F3 & F2 (Vips & Lawson). Ayumu Iwasa joins Red Bull Junior development program and will join fellow Red Bull Juniors Fraga & Crawford at Hitech.
* Unsure if Jack Doohan will remain a Red Bull Jr. but in any case he has signed to race for Trident in F3 in 2021.
* Matteo Nannini and Clément Novalak are considering a combined campaign of F3 & F2 in 2021 for respectively HWA & Trident. They have both already signed up for a n F3 campaign.
* Frederik Vesti, who is about to be confirmed at ART GP, is rumoured to become a Mercedes Junior driver.
* Alex Peroni to race in Indy Lights in 2021.

EDIT: I've made Calan Williams name bold today (14/01) since he was officially confirmed today.
EDIT 2 : Crawford, Edgar, Caldwell & Iwas were all confirmed in 15/01 so made them bold now.

Edited by William Hunt, 15 January 2021 - 18:28.

#36 balage06

balage06

• 3,108 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:12

Regarding winter F3 championships, it looks like the Toyota Racing Series will be heavily affected by the pandemic this year and will only run three rounds with mostly local drivers. The Leitch brothers are already confirmed amongst a few other names and they'll try to fill the NZGP grid with well-known drivers like SvG, Chris van der Drift or Andre Heimgartner.

The F3 Asia grid looks slighty more interesting from an international viewpoint, 12 drivers confirmed so far, Jehan Daruvala being the most recognizable name, female drivers Ira Sidorkova and Amna Al Qubaisi will also take part.

#37 sportyskells

sportyskells

• 4,873 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:44

You can bold Crawford and Iwasa as confirmed for Hi-tech
You can also bold Edgar for Carlin as that was also confirmed

Edited by sportyskells, 15 January 2021 - 08:53.

#38 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,288 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:55

he didnt really passed up on Max, Max just rejected them and Ocon was the next best junior at the time without strong junior program ties. Russell was the best non-Prema driver so also made sense. And Vesti is now one of the few quick drivers without junior program ties, so kinda also makes sense?

#39 balage06

balage06

• 3,108 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 09:04

Olli Caldwell at Prema also official:

https://twitter.com/...005377849552897

Advertisement

#40 balage06

balage06

• 3,108 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 09:06

he didnt really passed up on Max, Max just rejected them

https://www.auto123....red-bull/18507/

#41 balage06

balage06

• 3,108 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 14:47

Calan Williams continues with Jenzer

https://www.motorspo...fia-f3/5072722/

#42 Anja

Anja

• 10,347 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 13:55

Roman Stanek gets the final Hitech seat: https://www.motorspo...s-2021/5111570/

#43 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 11,079 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 15:51

Indeed, that's susprising because it was thought that all 3 Hitech drivers would be Red Bull Juniors, this could mean that Igor Fraga may be out of the Red Bull junior program (I think that Jack Doohan's future as a Red Bull Jr. is also uncertain), I hope not for him and would like to see him get another chance in FIA F3.

#44 PedroDiCasttro

PedroDiCasttro

• 2,633 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 16:05

That's gotta be a real kick in the teeth for Fraga. He didn't even have a chance to show anything last season with Charouz.

He'll also probably feel he was a bit cheated following what happened with him at the final F3 race last season and his triumph over Lawson at TRS in 2020.

Tough luck, I guess. The motorsports ladder is harsh after all.

He isn't part of the Red Bull program anymore. Link is in portuguese.

https://racemotor.co...e-seu-programa/

Edited by PedroDiCasttro, 18 January 2021 - 17:23.

#45 balage06

balage06

• 3,108 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 16:37

Oh, I've just read that the Formula Regional Europe and Formula Renault will merge a single season after the FIA rejected Renault's application to organize the championship in the first place. So Alpine is the new engine manufacturer this year. :up: I guess whoever made this sensible decision will be fired soon...

Edited by balage06, 18 January 2021 - 16:42.

#46 balage06

balage06

• 3,108 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 08:27

Smolyar stays with ART:

https://twitter.com/...440640358363137

#47 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,220 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 10:49

Vesti at ART too

#48 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,220 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 14:01

This is probably the wrong thread but I'm too lazy to go search for lower series threads - Gabriele Mini has signed for ART in Formula Regional Europe (the successor of FR2.0, although Wikipedia says they're running F3 cars which just makes me super confused)

Watch out for this kid, been hearing rumblings for the last couple years that he's the real deal, obviously from now on it's when the serious starts stuff and it's incredibly early to predict success with any confidence just yet - he's still 15 (!!), but he's a potential star.

Edited by noikeee, 21 January 2021 - 14:02.

#49 ANF

ANF

• 29,522 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 16:12

His name is actually Minì, so you're supposed to stress the second syllable. Ian Salvestrin got it wrong last year, let's see if Alex Jacques the various Regional F3 commentators can get it right!

Some people were very upset when I posted Formula Regional stuff in the F3 thread last year, so we might as well start a separate thread...

Edited by ANF, 22 January 2021 - 14:17.

#50 balage06

balage06

• 3,108 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 16:27

His name is actually Minì

Is he at least less than 160 cm or more than 190 cm tall with that surname?  :lol: