Photo

Imola 1994 French documentary crew footage and SKYF1

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gold333

gold333

• 165 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 21:16

Wow. SKYF1 The Race to Perfection S01E04 has some amazing Imola 1994 footage.

ZUu06Ii.jpg
Schumacher pointing at the hole in the monocoque of the Simtek S941.

Although they have hidden the fact (at 52:04s) that Eurosport showed CPR was being performed on Ratzenberger at Tosa, causing Senna to leave the garage. 

More conversation between Senna and his team (D.Brown, A.Newey, etc.) is there.  It's from the same batch (lenses, film stock) as that used in Senna 2010. I remember it was a French documentary film crew that was tasked with filming a Senna documentary at Imola 1994. I can not remember the company name. Sky F1 has seemingly gotten some of that footage to use in Race to Perfection.

What intrigues me more than SKYF1 this series is the provenance of this footage.

Japanese broadcasts also had interesting footage in 1994 that was never shown to English speaking media where during the wait for the restart of the 1994 Imola GP Schumacher and Hill were seen to be making bottoming out movements with their hands.
T8xk0OX.jpg
v4snVh8.jpg

Did Bernie really keep all thislocked away and sold it $30,000 per minute to people (what I heard from the makers of the 2010 Senna movie).

If so what a great shame. The past 3 years (the sale) have given me a feeling that more and more footage is becoming available than I've seen in the past 30 years.
S01E04 (like the other episodes) really took me back to Imola 1994 as a "fly on the wall". 

Only the Senna 2010 documentary had done that before.

I really wonder what more footage is available? I know the footage of Ayrton in the Williams garage when he is debriefing David Brown and Newey, and when he reacts to Ratzenberger's and Barrichello's accidents were filmed by a French TV documentary crew in 1994. I forgot their name though.

Anyone have more info on these two French guys who shot the documentary with Senna in his last day in the garage?

Edited by gold333, 21 October 2020 - 21:22.

Advertisement

#2 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 4,031 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 11:19

It was a documentary for Renault french dealerships.

"Ayrton Senna: son dernier week-end "

The intro and end of documentary were made by Renault CEO Louis Schwetzer and Patrick Faure.

Edited by Viryfan, 22 October 2020 - 11:22.