Photo

Keke Rosberg Accident Thruxton 1976

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cirrus

Cirrus

• 1,753 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:20

I've been contacted by renowned motor racing photographer, Jeff Bloxham. He's trying to find a photo, with associated caption, of Keke Rosberg's accident in a Toj at the 1976 F2 Thruxton meeting. The photo appeared in Cars and Car Conversions and unfortunately I don't have any back issues. Can anybody here help?

Advertisement

#2 Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor

• 1,312 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:07

I've been contacted by renowned motor racing photographer, Jeff Bloxham. He's trying to find a photo, with associated caption, of Keke Rosberg's accident in a Toj at the 1976 F2 Thruxton meeting. The photo appeared in Cars and Car Conversions and unfortunately I don't have any back issues. Can anybody here help?

Not the same photo (or is it?) but you'll find one here taken by a chap called Steve Wilkinson:

https://www.facebook...=a.452916388559

#3 Cirrus

Cirrus

• 1,753 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:12

Thanks for that Paul. I believe Jeff has now found what he was after.

#4 moffspeed

moffspeed

• 232 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:49

Not only a Toj but also a slightly rarer Vauxhall Ventora FE. Once a common sight on UK roads but only a handful have survived.

Most have joined "Big Bertha" in the great scrapyard in the skies ("LMJ" was last taxed in March '87so presumably RIP), Vauxhall did themselves toy with the idea of a production V8 Ventora and took the opportunity to buy some bits from the ailing Gordon Keeble concern and built a prototype.

I suppose it would have been an heir to a tortoise....

Edited by moffspeed, 13 January 2021 - 11:52.

#5 Odseybod

Odseybod

• 1,800 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:00

I suppose it would have been an heir to a tortoise....

;)