Photo

Moto GP races broadcasts - 1949-1989

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GThomas00

GThomas00

• 42 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 23:51

Hi everyone, i have questions on the host broadcaster of all Moto GP races from 1949 till 1989

Help on this please?

Advertisement

#2 Rodaknee

Rodaknee

• 2,178 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 18:28

There wasn't one. In the UK, Murray Walker would give hourly updates on the TT Races at the end of radio news. I don't know which years he commentated on. He'd get 60 to 120 seconds to keep us up to date. When Barry Sheene started to win in the 70's the BBC would show the 500cc race live from Silverstone. I don't remember seeing any other Silverstone races on the BBC. The TT wasn't a world championship event by then. The BBC didn't cover any other races, either live or highlights during the following week. If you wanted to see the TT races, you'd have an evening event at a motorcycle club where they'd show videos. I went to one in 87 or 88. I imagine races were broadcast in some countries where races took place. I've no idea if there was any sharing, but the technology to show live racing between different countries was available. I've no idea when Eurosport started to show MotoGP, they may have just bought the world feed from Dorna.

#3 Rodaknee

Rodaknee

• 2,178 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 08:15

Posting that reply was a waste of my time.