Photo

Mobile forum link

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Planetdune

Planetdune

• 785 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:10

Since the site update I just cannot for the life of me find how to get to the forum on mobile... it is pretty much the only thing I care about. I see a top banner with search, logo and "..." that does not have forum links, then a second navigation row for motorsport catagories (f1, motogp etc), then the main news sections followed by a bottom row of icons for "news, photos, video and racehub". How do I get to the forum on my cell phone? Most of the time I use Autosport on my computer but it happens during dinner or other social breaks that I have to resort to mobile.

Edited by Planetdune, 05 March 2021 - 12:12.

Advertisement

#2 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,232 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:25

Since the site update I just cannot for the life of me find how to get to the forum on mobile... it is pretty much the only thing I care about. I see a top banner with search, logo and "..." that does not have forum links, then a second navigation row for motorsport catagories (f1, motogp etc), then the main news sections followed by a bottom row of icons for "news, photos, video and racehub". How do I get to the forum on my cell phone? Most of the time I use Autosport on my computer but it happens during dinner or other social breaks that I have to resort to mobile.

It will be in your mobile browser history. Or just search Autosport forum with your seach engine of choice. Don't forget to bookmark it, or let your mobile keep it in your frequently visited sites.

Or just go to forums.autosport.com.

#3 YoungGun

YoungGun

• 29,534 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:29

On my Android, by clicking on the 3 dashes to the left of the Autosport Logo reveals the Forum Link.

Edited by YoungGun, 05 March 2021 - 12:29.

#4 Planetdune

Planetdune

• 785 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 13:47

On my Android, by clicking on the 3 dashes to the left of the Autosport Logo reveals the Forum Link.

I am on android (s9+) and the 3 dashes (which are on the right), only show preferences, account, help and support and about links... ANY reason they hide the forum link??? I would think it would be front and center in the UI as the forum is one of the best things about the whole autosport site???

#5 Cacarella

Cacarella

• 1,111 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 11:51

When I launch Autosport in my browser, the three dashes are to the left of the logo.

In the mobile app on my android there are three dots to the right of the logo, there isn't a link to the forum that I could find.

#6 YoungGun

YoungGun

• 29,534 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 12:25

Yes correct, the three dashes, I was referring to are on the left of the Autosport logo in my Android Chrome Browser. Installing the App the Forum selection is under the More menu at the bottom right of my screen.

Edited by YoungGun, 06 March 2021 - 12:37.

#7 Cacarella

Cacarella

• 1,111 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 18:30

Damn, I don't have a more menu on the bottom right of my screen...

#8 Planetdune

Planetdune

• 785 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 16:42

Ok. Seems the site and the app arent exactly the same thing.. and there is no link anywhere to the forum in the app.. which is very strange...