Photo
- - - - -

Magica Roma! [Formula E World Championship, ROME e-PRIX]

• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

Poll: Magica Roma!! [Formula E World Championship, Rome X2] (18 member(s) have cast votes)

What are you looking forward the most in Rome?

1. The New Circuit Layout (7 votes [38.89%])

Percentage of vote: 38.89%

2. Understanding more of the real pecking order (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. No SC or Red Flag interrupted races, please! (4 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

4. Techeetah's New Powertrain effect (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

5. Pasta Carbonara (6 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,960 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 13:39

121.png

FORMULA E SEASON 7 THREADhttps://forums.autos...-thread/page-17

--------------------------

WHEN: THIS Saturday/Sunday, a Double Header
WHERE: Streets of Rome, with a Upgraded Layout configuration! 
WHY: One of the best circuits, unpredictable weather and....hey it's Formula E! 

f32.png

Chariot racing  was one of the most popular ancient Greek, Roman, and Byzantine sports.

We can consider this discipline as the precursor of modern Motorsports.
Chariot racing was, in fact, racing, at the extremes: dangerous for both drivers and horses as they often suffered serious injury and even death, but these dangers added to the excitement and interest for spectators.

Chariot racing involved everyone in the capital.

The rich would sit in the high seats, shaded from the harsh sun, the emperor had his own designated seating and even the poor, who had little else to do, could sit in the stadium for free. 
Chariot races could be watched by women, who were banned from watching many other sports, and thousands of people met in the Stadiums to watch those intense, violent & unpredictable races.

The crowds were massive, and the races were majestic, involving the best drivers of the planet. 

1*AqDkZGzbxf_ygqCGm0MlEQ.jpeg

Teams represented different social groups, or associations, that recruited particularry skilled drivers to go racing & bring honour & fame to the cause.
The ancient constructors.

As in modern Motorsports, spectators generally chose to support a single team, identifying themselves strongly with its fortunes & living their endevours with passion.

Racing was more than a fun pastime, or somewhere to take the family for a different kind of Sunday afternoon.

In fact, the legend says it had roots in the very foundations of Rome itself.
Legend says that Romulus, one of the founders of Rome, used chariot races to distract the local Sabine tribe.

According to the story, the Sabine men were so engrossed in the race they didn’t notice Romulus and his men carrying off their wives, who then became the first Roman wives & started a new tribe.

‘Watch the sport and you’ll lose your wives’ 

And now we are here again, in the same Historic locations as 2000 years ago, waiting to see those modern chariots fighting wheel to wheel in the streets of Rome. 

Welcome to a Formula E Classic, welcome to the Rome e-Prix Double Header!

Mahindra-Racing-poster-E-Prix-Roma-2021.

Senza-titolo-2.png

The New Circuit of Rome is a deep dive into History. 

Basically every corner faces a monument or a stupendous landmark: one of the Highlights of the Track is a long roundabout in Piazza Marconi, around the Obelisk of Guglielmo Marconi.

LAPR0436-k-N0-C-U31101213935909-XEF-1224

The track goes up & down with elevation changes & high speed sections, between some of Rome's Most iconic quarters.. 
Below you can see the Square Colosseum: the cars will dive down the road & into a fast chicane, in the shadow of that iconic building.

8733741570-9f0460829f-b.jpg

This 2021 version of the Rome e-Prix layout will also offer a variety of scenery.
A very fast & tight section of the track is set literally inside a Park: cars will reach over 200 km/h under the trees, remiscent of some of the fastest sections of Battersea Park.

Faster, longer, more challenging. 

A real street track, and a might achievement for Formula E to hold such a Race in massive COVID restriction times here in Italy.

Turn-6.png

Down below we can see a comparison between the Old Track (RED) & the New Version (BLUE).

As you can see: it's much longer & faster! 
From 2.8 KM to 3.4 KM lenght: this is going to be the second longest Formula E Track in history (only behind Beijing, wich was slightly longer with 3.453 km)

600 meters of additional roads, long full-throttle sections & now a much more open & scenographic Hairpin around the Obelisk.

ISh7dOh.png

1246.png

De VRIES is FAST

Fastest in FP, fastest in QP, dominated the Race 1. 

De Vries is looking as fast as he was during his F2 title winning campaign: 

Got unlucky in Race 2, with the disqualification from QP of the Mercedes Powertrains, due to the Mortara incident.
Vandoorne also got unlucky with the Quali Groups, but Mercedes looked like a Top Tier package.

Will the Silver Arrows deliver in the streets of Rome too?

708111-16x9-md.jpg

BIRD is the Word! 

The only man to have won a race in every season of Formula E so far.
New year, new team: Jaguar Racing.

Bird got involved in a contact with Lynn in Race 1, but won Race 2 in a solid fashion for Jaguar, beating Robin Frijns on track before the Red Flag

Will we see Bird fighting for the title? 

SETTE CAMARA delivers! 

Ad Diriyah's weekend started bad for Sergio Sette Camara, at his first Full Season as a FE driver with Dragon Racing.
A mistake during Quali 1 forced him to start at the back of the grid for Race 1, but the brazilian managed to put his one year-old car in SuperPole during Race 2.

Starting from P2, Sette Camara drove a solid race, managing to stay around P6 despite the Dragon Racing's problems in Energy Management.

After the penalties, he finished P4. 

Lot of points for the "Rookie", and a new powertrain is coming for the european races. 

Is he going to fight for race victories? 

x2x2.png

TECHEEATH's STRUGGLES!

First golden rule of Racing: don't hit your team-mate.

And right away, we saw the two Champions fighting wheel to wheel, with Da Costa nearly sending JEV into the wall. 

It was a heated discussion on the radio.
Can these two guys live together in the same team any longer? 

And now, with the new DS powertrain coming in Rome, will wee see the Techeetahs there back in front?

THESE CARS are safe! 

Riyadh's Season Opener Double Header was and incident-packed event.
We've seen at least two monumental crashes during the weekend: first one involving Edoardo Mortara.

The swiss-man from Venturi lost the brakes during a Racestart simulation, going straight into the wall at the end of the main straight at 150 + km/h. 

This crash forced FIA to stop the Mercedes powered cars from taking part to Quali 2!

How dramatic!

In fact, Mortara's Failure was down to a wrong setting in the Mercedes Powertrain's Re-Gen system: all those powertrains had to be inspected & the problem had to be solved before allowing the cars to go out on track again:
Eventually, Mercedes & Venturi managed to take part in Race 2, but starting dead last.

The second huge crash involved the Mahindra of Alex Lynn, and it was a Race-Suspending kind of crash.

It was that big! 

Alex Lynn literally took off after touching Mitch Evans Jaguar's rear wheel, while trying a desperate attack move on the inside of the Main Straight.

The Mahindra rolled over & smashed rearwards into the Tech Pro Barriers in the Escape Route. 
Thankfully, the driver was OK! Just a few bruises. 

STANDINGS AFTER 2 RACES

Nyck De Vries leads, on merit, the Drivers standings so far after an incredible showing in the first round of Riyadh.
Mr.Consistency, Sam Bird is a close second, with Robin Frijns in 3rd, thanks to a podium in Race 2. 

Senza-titolo-7.png

123.png

Rome 2021 could be a Formula E classic for various reasons.
One is the fact that's it's going to be a Double Header, so twice the fun on one of the best tracks in the Series. 

Another reason could be the Weather.
After a full month of sunny skies & summer-like temperatures in Italy: this week the weather is worsening.

And, at the moment, Showers are expected during the weekend.

Expecially on saturday, it looks like it's going to be quite an overcast day, with a decent 50% chance of rain in the afternoon. 
Mind that Formula E doesn't need rain to be exciting, but it could be a very important variable on such a complex circuit. 

3250327547-f5c7d010ca-o.jpg

124.png

SATURDAY

7.00 // FREE PRACTICE 1
9.15 // FREE PRACTICE 2
11.00 // QUALIFYING
15.00 // RACE 1   

SUNDAY

6.00 // FREE PRACTICE 
8.00 // QUALI
12.00 // RACE 2

BST TIMES

Not in UK?

Pick your country & see where you can watch the race!!

BIG NEWS for the English Fans!

Immagine.png

x21.png

A must eat in Rome: Spaghetti alla Carbonara
A delicious combination of pasta, eggs, meat & cheese: a super tasteful yet simple dish, perfect for the Lunch before the Rome e-Prix  :smoking:

Ingredients for 3:

- 320 grams of Spaghetti 
- 6 Egg Yolks
- Black Pepper
- Pecorino Romano (Roman cheese)
- Guanciale (Pig Cheek) 

Buon Appetito! 

Ey-Mt-WAWg-AIe-G6j.jpg

Edited by thegamer23, 10 April 2021 - 10:16.

Advertisement

#2 Vielleicht

Vielleicht

• 5,961 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 14:15

We need more recipe ideas in OPs.

Looking forward to this one! Feels like too long since I have seen proper street racing in Europe.

What was the actual last proper street race in Europe, for that matter? Has there been one that I just missed?

#3 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 12,038 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 14:18

We need more recipe ideas in OPs.

Looking forward to this one! Feels like too long since I have seen proper street racing in Europe.

What was the actual last proper street race in Europe, for that matter? Has there been one that I just missed?

Does Le Mans count? 

#4 Alan Lewis

Alan Lewis

• 1,033 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 14:26

Until the races are over we should only refer to the nationalities of the drivers as the Romans would have.

(Obviously, anyone from beyond the Pillars of Hercules is Atlantean).

#5 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 12,038 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 14:41

Great OP, gamer!

I'm now feeling the need to go and read all about ancient chariot racing. 

Edited by Ben1445, 06 April 2021 - 14:41.

#6 Muppetmad

Muppetmad

• 11,139 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 14:43

Oh, Antonio... what a lovely fellow, and much missed.

Wonderful OP  :up:

#7 DinocoBlue

DinocoBlue

• 944 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 15:23

New layout looks ok I guess.

So no more formation lap through the side street with the parked cars then?

#8 juicy sushi

juicy sushi

• 6,350 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 15:33

As nice as the other poll options are, the suggestion of past carbonara just solved my lunch dilemma, so how could it possibly be any other choice?

Also, I'm just happy we have racing again.  Annoyed I cannot watch it live, but at some point perhaps some racing series will figure out that the Canadian TV companies are not their friends and will stop letting them air the races on an inaccessible channel in return for a few pennies.

#9 BRG

BRG

• 25,903 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 15:42

New layout looks ok I guess.

So no more formation lap through the side street with the parked cars then?

That was so weird.  Like a throwback to the good old, bad old days.

I think it is a shame that a Roman street race doesn't include anything that is internationally recognisable as Roma.  Wot, no Colosseum or forum?  I had the same misgivings about Berlin and even Paris to some extent (although you could see the Eifel Tower in the distance there).  There seems little point to suburb racing rather than city CENTRE racing.  But as there will be no spectators, maybe it doesn't matter.  Which brings me to:- 

The rich would sit in the high seats, shaded from the harsh sun, the emperor had his own designated seating and even the poor, who had little else to do, could sit in the stadium for free. 

I have received a message through the astral plane from St Bernard of Ecclestone who denounces this idea as likely to bring about the Fall of the Bernardian Empire.

Edited by BRG, 06 April 2021 - 15:42.

#10 Muppetmad

Muppetmad

• 11,139 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 15:51

The Paris circuit goes around Les Invalides, and as you note, is pretty close to the Eiffel Tower. It's a five minute walk from the Champs-Élysées too. Having lived in the city, I'm honestly shocked they're able to hold a race that's so centrally located each year.

#11 juicy sushi

juicy sushi

• 6,350 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 15:59

I always had a feeling that the best possible Paris street race would be a time trial recreating C'etait un rendez-vous.  If nothing else, you'd at least get a proper sense of it being Paris.

#12 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 33,568 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 16:21

Wahoooooo another double header

#13 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 12,038 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 16:35

That was so weird.  Like a throwback to the good old, bad old days.

I think it is a shame that a Roman street race doesn't include anything that is internationally recognisable as Roma.  Wot, no Colosseum or forum?  I had the same misgivings about Berlin and even Paris to some extent (although you could see the Eifel Tower in the distance there).  There seems little point to suburb racing rather than city CENTRE racing.  But as there will be no spectators, maybe it doesn't matter.  Which brings me to:- 

I have received a message through the astral plane from St Bernard of Ecclestone who denounces this idea as likely to bring about the Fall of the Bernardian Empire.

On the other hand, because of the Formula E race I am now infinitely more like to visit the EUR district if I happen to be in Rome. 

But then maybe that's something only slightly eccentric motorsport fans will do. 

#14 HerbieMcQueen

HerbieMcQueen

• 1,574 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 16:47

Not always too plugged into Formula E but I'm going to make an exception for the city of my birth. The weather where I am is slated to be gorgeous, so a morning reminisce around Roma before a long hike sounds like just the ticket for me  :up:

#15 LucaP

LucaP

• 1,478 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 16:53

I think it is a shame that a Roman street race doesn't include anything that is internationally recognisable as Roma. Wot, no Colosseum or forum? I had the same misgivings about Berlin and even Paris to some extent (although you could see the Eifel Tower in the distance there). There seems little point to suburb racing rather than city CENTRE racing.

Lol, have you ever been to Rome? It's one of the most chaotic cities in Europe and blocking the historical centre would mean the first attempt would also be the last race there.

On the other hand, the EUR area is historical in its own different way, especially if you are interested in early 20th Century urban architecture. The fascist reconstruction of that area is interesting (yes, I find some fascist architecture interesting, regardless of political orientation).
All in all, I think it's nice that it brings attention to another side of Rome's history.

#16 LucaP

LucaP

• 1,478 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 16:56

Until the races are over we should only refer to the nationalities of the drivers as the Romans would have.

(Obviously, anyone from beyond the Pillars of Hercules is Atlantean).

They could paint roman numbers on the cars

#17 Alan Lewis

Alan Lewis

• 1,033 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 18:44

Is a Formula E car big enough for Tom Blomquist's LXXXVIII?

#18 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,960 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 19:09

Meanwhile, Mahindra guys are having quite a bit of fun at the gym

#19 sportyskells

sportyskells

• 4,817 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 19:34

Hopefully everyone will think and use the attack zones just in case we get a fcy/sc/red flag and bbc2 will not want a red flag due to other sport on

Advertisement

#20 SB

SB

• 2,430 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:22

Wahoooooo another double header

IMO all events should be double headers.

It is laughable to me that a sport promoting themselves as "New Green Racing", but spending so many resource (and money) to build race tracks which would be used for one day only.

#21 RSRally

RSRally

• 1,996 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:40

It is laughable to me that a sport promoting themselves as "New Green Racing", but spending so many resource (and money) to build race tracks which would be used for one day only.

If they go that route I would quite like to see one ‘sprint race’ with no energy saving required and one ‘normal’ FE race.

#22 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,960 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:29

:love: 
Straight to the OP!
Mahindra-Racing-poster-E-Prix-Roma-2021.

Aaaand a tour of the circuit!

Edited by thegamer23, 07 April 2021 - 07:34.

#23 RSRally

RSRally

• 1,996 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:12

A couple of narrow looking sections but on the whole this looks like a proper city centre street track, and not like it’s been shoe horned in somewhere where it won’t cause too much bother. Reminds me off the second Swiss circuit FE visited.

#24 Anja

Anja

• 10,285 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:41

On the other hand the one day format was supposed to make FE more attractive for the hosting cities thanks to less disruption time compared to the traditional full weekend schedule. This might have been helpful when the series was just starting out, but now with the higher profile double headers really should become the standard.

Edited by Anja, 07 April 2021 - 09:49.

#25 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,960 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:55

Weather update:

Should be mostly cloudy on saturday, but rain threats are getting higher for Sunday.

21.png

#26 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,143 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:39

I am just grateful and so very glad that this event is even happening, seeing just what a flaming sh**show Europe is at the moment.

I'll take any optimism I can find and this one is above and beyond what happened last year. Feels like that Sonoma GT race earlier last month with seeing international drivers and teams back in California for a race at a gorgeously GREEN Sonoma race track; it feels good.

As for pastas; I love 'em, but I am nearly Lewis Hamilton on the scale of diet preferences so carbonara is just plain gross to me. Give me fancy seaweed pesto pastas with garlic ginger flakes and lavender sprinkled low fat high protein cheese yo.

Cheers Gamer23 for the great electric energy as always. See ya Saturday.

#27 BRG

BRG

• 25,903 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:05

Lol, have you ever been to Rome? It's one of the most chaotic cities in Europe and blocking the historical centre would mean the first attempt would also be the last race there.

It's Italy.  A country that thrives on being chaotic.  And loves motor sport.  

But at the moment , it is academic.  What is even the point of incurring all the expense, administrative hurdles and disruption from a suburb street race if there will be no spectators?  Why not just save a huge amount of effort and use a permanent race track?  Vallelunga is only a few miles from Rome and is suitably twisty.

#28 balmybaldwin

balmybaldwin

• 2,079 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:42

The Paris circuit goes around Les Invalides, and as you note, is pretty close to the Eiffel Tower. It's a five minute walk from the Champs-Élysées too. Having lived in the city, I'm honestly shocked they're able to hold a race that's so centrally located each year.

I still think they should use the TDf circuit up and down the Champs and through place concorde under the tuileries and back. Would be a great spectacle.

#29 maximilian

maximilian

• 8,112 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:47

Fabulous OP!  :up:  :up:

Got a bunch of (by-foot) racing scheduled this weekend, so I'll miss both races, but can maybe catch the replays later  :cool:

#30 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,960 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:55

It's Italy.  A country that thrives on being chaotic.  And loves motor sport.  

But at the moment , it is academic.  What is even the point of incurring all the expense, administrative hurdles and disruption from a suburb street race if there will be no spectators?  Why not just save a huge amount of effort and use a permanent race track?  Vallelunga is only a few miles from Rome and is suitably twisty.

Vallelunga would have been an "easy" & conservative choice 

But FE is made for street racing, and managing to organize the race in a very important & busy district of Rome (EUR) despite the current problems is worth an applause imho.

And bodes well for the other street races on the calendar too, staring from Monaco.

Gen 1 Era Rome's Throwback, a great trackside footage

Edited by thegamer23, 07 April 2021 - 12:03.

#31 f1paul

f1paul

• 8,276 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 16:20

Rome was one of my favourite tracks in season five, so if they've made it even better... :love:  :love:

Looking forward to it!

#32 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,960 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 19:04

x21x1.png

Alex Lynn's Rome Simulator Lap
https://twitter.com/...796708557742083

Observations: the first sector of the lap is going to be seriously fast & flowing.
The fast up-hill section looks bonkers, and looks very bumpy as well, should be a challenge.

The 90° corners are generally quite open, you have to carry the speed.
One or two narrow sections.
Quite a few quick flicks left/right, and the chicane is OK, quite quick.

The "Hairpin" looks very interesting, with a massive positive camber on the exit.

Looks like a great mix to me.

Ey-UDp5n-XEAc-Ef6-U.jpg

Edited by thegamer23, 07 April 2021 - 20:57.

#33 f1paul

f1paul

• 8,276 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 19:55

Incoming Techeetah dominance  :p

It weirdly feels to me like this is the start of the season. I'm more pumped for this weekend than I was for Saudi.

Saudi felt like a taster but I never really felt fully invested, but I can't wait for Rome right now

#34 M66R

M66R

• 574 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 21:14

Blimey that looks bumpy in some places.

#35 balmybaldwin

balmybaldwin

• 2,079 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:30

Hmm looks challenging... I like it

#36 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,960 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:27

Envision Virgin boys looks back at Riyadh, with Jack Nicholls

Techeetah expecting "significant" improvements with new powertrain

https://e-formel.de/...agon-21226.html

Article in german.

Heart in-mouth Rome Track better than Original - Sam Bird

https://the-race.com...liked-original/

Edited by thegamer23, 08 April 2021 - 11:46.

#37 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 12,038 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 14:43

Just realised that the only two previous winners of the Rome ePrix are now at the same team.

Also. it feels like we’ve had way more then two Rome ePrix before this weekend.

#38 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,960 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 15:00

Dragon Penske Delays new powetrain introduction

https://the-race.com...-formula-e-car/

"Both drivers have run the new Penske EV-5 machines in private testing recently but it is believed that the improved form of the old car swung the decision to stick with it until development on the new package evolved further"

So, Techeetah will introduce the new powertrain this weekend.

Nissan to introduce it in Valencia
Dragon in Valencia too? Still unsure.

NIO333 set to impress again in Rome

https://www.motorspo...around/6148015/

Eyday-IDWYAE2-Rio.jpg

Eyday-G1-XEAMJZn9.jpg

Edited by thegamer23, 08 April 2021 - 18:19.

#39 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 12,038 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 20:55

By my measurement, the run between T4 and T7 is just short of 900m. 

Advertisement

#40 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,960 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:53

By my measurement, the run between T4 and T7 is just short of 900m. 

That section should be very spectacular, expecially in quali trim. 

Teams still not sure if T6 will be flatout, wich adds to the challenge. I bet we'll see some sideways action at 200 km/h, similar to Mexico's Peraltada   :love:

Today:

Trackwalk & Shakedown at 16.30 UK TIME (Not sure it's going to be broadcasted, it wasn't shown in Riyadh)

Weather Update: Saturday should be quite good, with some sun. Sunday is set to be overcast, but rain chances are dropping to 30%

Eyg0xg-LWYAEy-Cle.jpg

Edited by thegamer23, 09 April 2021 - 07:54.

#41 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,960 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 13:12

12d.png

Basically my life in three words.  :lol:

220px-Flag_of_Italy_%28Pantone%2C_2003%E

Edited by thegamer23, 09 April 2021 - 15:01.

#42 BRG

BRG

• 25,903 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 16:31

Che cosa?  Niente vino?

#43 ExFlagMan

ExFlagMan

• 5,726 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 16:59

Glad to see the marshal has got the crowd (almost) under control - I guess the spear is to persuade them to get behind the barrier - never thought of that back in the days at Silverstone

1*AqDkZGzbxf_ygqCGm0MlEQ.jpeg

#44 Imateria

Imateria

• 2,424 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 17:36

Whats up with the Sunday schedule, no qualifying?

#45 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,960 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 17:43

Whats up with the Sunday schedule, no qualifying?

Nah, just a brainfade by me  :lol:

Sunday's quali is at 8.00 UK time, race at 12.00!    :up: 

Anyway...

ShakeDONE

Eyjl2-Gb-XIAELEEV.jpg

3133.png

Trouble-free Shakedown for most of the teams, except for Porsche.

Andrè Lotterer had a major Brake by Wire issue & had to park the car on the track.

Hopefully we won't see any repeat of the Mortara incident during the weekend. 

Drivers are praising the circuit quite a lot, can't wait to see it in action tomorrow!!

TOMORROW's SCHEDULE

7.00 // FREE PRACTICE 1   
9.15 // FREE PRACTICE 2
11.00 // QUALIFYING
15.00 // RACE    

All times GMT

See you tomorrow for all the action!  :smoking:

Edited by thegamer23, 09 April 2021 - 19:42.

#46 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,960 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 05:44

FP1 Starting in 15 minutes!

Let's discover this crazy circuit in Rome!

Edited by thegamer23, 10 April 2021 - 05:57.

#47 Vielleicht

Vielleicht

• 5,961 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 06:02

Now that's a proper feature hairpin around the obelisk

#48 M66R

M66R

• 574 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 06:17

The changes in width on this circuit are massive

#49 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 12,038 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 06:36

And to think that the narrowest section of this track was part of the planned F1 layout a decade ago 

#50 M66R

M66R

• 574 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 06:42

The turn 13 chicane isn't my cup of tea.

The rest of the track looks good.