Photo

Tom Brahmer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ChrisD

ChrisD

• 112 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 17:00

Does anyone have any information on Tom Brahmer? He lived in Estuna, Sweden in the late 1940s and 1950s and was a regular contributor to Readers' Letters in Motor Sport (the only place I have found any real references to him).

During WWII he ran an 1933 Alvis “Speed Twenty” which he fitted with a blower and which he ran on gas, being more readily available than petrol.  I don't know whether this was in the U.K. or in Sweden.   In 1954 he became the Secretary of the Stockholm M.G. Club, and in 1974 he contributed an article to the Veteran Car Handbook. 

In 1957 he was entered to co-drive in the Mille Miglia with the Swedish driver Sture Nottorp in Nottorp's Ferrari 410 Super America Competizione, but the car did not start.  (Brahmer claimed that Nottorp's car was sabotaged by the factory prior to the race as it was more powerful than the works cars and posed too much of a threat to Ferrari.)

In Sandro Binelli's Mille Miglia's Chassis, Volume II, Brahmer is listed as being British, but I have been unable to find any information about him.

Any information about who Tom Brahmer was will be very welcome.