Photo

Monaco Historic 2022

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Thundersports

Thundersports

• 597 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 00:06

This was of interest the Race G of the 2022 edition is open to Turbo F1 cars covering 81-85 along with them being allowed to run with skirts. What I find interesting is what will appear from under the covers and runs properly! 

https://acm.mc/en/ed...tions-are-open/

Edited by Thundersports, 03 August 2021 - 00:13.

Advertisement

#2 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,478 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 05:43

I feel very sad that the 500cc F.3s, Formula Junior and later Formula 3 classes are now forgotten, discarded and probably will never return.

Front engined F. Juniors were my favourites.

Somehow, I don't see myself going again.

#3 john aston

john aston

• 2,177 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 06:12

Well, I have never been at all. We booked for 2020, and Covid happened ; then this year , and Covid was still happening and there were no spectators  - apart from , it appeared, the entire extended family of everybody who lived in Monaco and all their many friends . So next year we will be going . Unprecedentedly , the idea of going in the first place was my wife's , whose love of motorsport matches my passion for Association Football and the Olympics. 

Edited by john aston, 03 August 2021 - 06:13.

#4 roamic

roamic

• 26 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 06:48

There's a vintage hillclimb at Mt Equinox, VT this weekend. This F3 car was there 2 years ago.

There are usually F3 cars at the vintage races at Lime Rock, CT the first weekend of September.

#5 GazChed

GazChed

• 557 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 11:09

A few turbo cars ran in either Historic Formula One or BOSS Formula. Don Wood and Source Racing bought the Beatrice Lola team in almost it's entirety and ran in Historic Formula One while Colin Stone ran a RAM 03, Matthew Mortlock a Beatrice Lola and Bernie Harris a Toleman in BOSS Formula. However that was over twenty years ago so what condition they are in today is anyone's guess. And would you really want to drive one around Monaco ?